Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The coin hit Lennon on the face, clear as day on the TV.

The dick who flung it has disgraced Heart of Midlothian Football Club and hopefully he/she will never darked any entrance of any football stadium ever again.

No matter what Lennon did the person who flung it has shamed the name of Heart of Midlothian.

I don’t understand how I see the same clip so differently - it clearly hit him on the chest only.

Also it was after it hit him on the chest that he held his cheek and fell down

Then after the match he claims it hit him on the chin.

Coin shouldn’t have been thrown of course but Lennon has played this out like some sort of schizophrenic 

Edited by Jammy T

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Whilst I utterly condemn the actions of the person that threw the coin this evening the amount of incidents involving Lennon should be enough to warrant a look into his behaviour. Regular incidents in his professional life but also frequent incidents in and around the West End of Glasgow in his leisure time, 

WheatfieldWarrior

While I think Lennon is the only manager that is crazy enough to think that you can 'give some back' in a situation like that without something happening,  nobody should be throwing coins or anything else.   Total dicks. 

Would Lennon have been pelted with a coin had he not carried out his usual antics on the touchline? No. Does that mean someone gets to pelt him with a coin? No. Both arseholes and both should find themselves in trouble. The Hearts fan should absolutely be banned, and Lennon should experience another few games in the stand (which may not happen now because the idiot Hearts fan has now made NL the victim).

The whole situation is complete arseholery, and I've not even mentioned Lennon's swan dive.

Imagine Levein falling on the deck holding his face after getting a 5p lobbed at him due to goading the fans...naw you can’t. Speaks volumes. What an absolute attention seeking clown they have in charge...actually worry for him, the narcissistic egomaniac. 

As Lennon said himself it was a good shot ? and I bet if the boy who threw it tried another hundred times he wouldn't even get close so that's an achievement in itself, kind of ?

SectionDJambo

This is a “man” who has goaded Rangers fans by cupping his ears and running in the pitch looking to take off.  The one who ran on the pitch to get in the referee’s face in 2012. 

We only know what he was up to tonight, because it is in the run up, on tv, to that idiot throwing a coin at him. He then says he wants to meet the guy who threw it. Why? What’s he going to do?

He is aggression and unpleasantness personified. He attracts this kind of ludicrous reaction from the morons that do plague our fan base.

Why does no other manager in the SPFL attract this kind of attention? Simple answer is nobody else behaves like an idiot in their dugout. Did Shearer kick him because he was a Roman Catholic or because he was an annoying arsehole?

That said, the moron who threw that coin had made him look a much maligned hero again. And took the attention away from their “fans” behaviour.

Well done you idiot.

Lennon is poison. 

He's as hate-filled and sectarian as those who abuse him are often accused of. True, the coin thrower should have kept his loose change in his pocket, but it wouldn't have happened but for Lennon's childish and provocative behaviour at the "offside" goal. His delayed, how much can I make of this, reaction speaks volumes about him and his character. His comparison to the Zlamal/Hibs cockroach situ also says much about what kind of punter we're dealing with.

Scottish football will be all the better when that individual departs.

KingRudi_2012
23 minutes ago, Jsmith21 said:

Imagine Levein falling on the deck holding his face after getting a 5p lobbed at him due to goading the fans...naw you can’t. Speaks volumes. What an absolute attention seeking clown they have in charge...actually worry for him, the narcissistic egomaniac. 

Hibs and Lennon in a nutshell.

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Lennon is poison. 

He's as hate-filled and sectarian as those who abuse him are often accused of. True, the coin thrower should have kept his loose change in his pocket, but it wouldn't have happened but for Lennon's childish and provocative behaviour at the "offside" goal. His delayed, how much can I make of this, reaction speaks volumes about him and his character. His comparison to the Zlamal/Hibs cockroach situ also says much about what kind of punter we're dealing with.

Scottish football will be all the better when that individual departs.

Absolutely.

He is the worst kind of bigot who tries to be a victim all the time. 

Unfortunately, the coin moron fell into his trap.

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

This is a “man” who has goaded Rangers fans by cupping his ears and running in the pitch looking to take off.  The one who ran on the pitch to get in the referee’s face in 2012. 

We only know what he was up to tonight, because it is in the run up, on tv, to that idiot throwing a coin at him. He then says he wants to meet the guy who threw it. Why? What’s he going to do?

He is aggression and unpleasantness personified. He attracts this kind of ludicrous reaction from the morons that do plague our fan base.

Why does no other manager in the SPFL attract this kind of attention? Simple answer is nobody else behaves like an idiot in their dugout. Did Shearer kick him because he was a Roman Catholic or because he was an annoying arsehole?

That said, the moron who threw that coin had made him look a much maligned hero again. And took the attention away from their “fans” behaviour.

Well done you idiot.

Spot on

4 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Hit him in the face, no excuses.

Neil Lennon should also be reprimanded for inciting violence in a different incident - 15 seconds prior to that.

I watched it over n over im sure it hit his jacket between chest n shoulder. The replays they showed after making a big deal of it then cut out the coin actually hitting him and just showed his reaction very weird editing. That said goading us or not its unacceptable to throw anything. A portion of both sets of fans were a diagrace tonight

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Absolutely.

He is the worst kind of bigot who tries to be a victim all the time. 

Unfortunately, the coin moron fell into his trap.

As someone pointed out earlier, there's absolutely no way Craig Levein would have reacted like that.

Btw, I have no interest, whatsoever, in secterianism etc., but Lennon is easy to pick out as a bigoted, poisonous individual who has brought his upbringing to Scotland and will use it, either as a victim or a provocateur, at any opportunity.

I posted at the time of his appointment at Hibs that he'd drag the derby down to his level. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

As someone pointed out earlier, there's absolutely no way Craig Levein would have reacted like that.

Btw, I have no interest, whatsoever, in secterianism etc., but Lennon is easy to pick out as a bigoted, poisonous individual who has brought his upbringing to Scotland and will use it, either as a victim or a provocateur, at any opportunity.

I posted at the time of his appointment at Hibs that he'd drag the derby down to his level. 

He has injected a new style of hatred into our derby. He is, maybe, the most poisonous personality to have encouraged sectarian tension into Scottish football in it’s long history. Probably a genuine victim originally, he has, it seems to me, stoked the fires whenever he could. A fixture, which has had its crazy days in the past, is now treading a fine line of not falling into the mire of an Old Firm fixture type of trouble which the Scottish media seem only too happy to call sectarianism, whilst the Celtic and Rangers fans sing “folk” songs during their matches, with impunity.

Hearts fans need to wise up that this individual is playing them.

No other Rangers or Celtic connection has had ever brought this trouble to Scottish football. Maurice Johnston comes close, and, by surprise, it was the Old Firm connection that encouraged that as well. It’s no coincidence. He seems to thrive in the attention.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wonder how this would read if the coin had caused Lemon to lose an eye? Yes, he's an arsehole but that is no justification for the welt who threw it.

Just now, Jsmith21 said:

That whole narrative was just from pundits who were too worried to say it how it was, Lennon excessively wound up the fans then pretended to be decked from a coin? 

Not concerned with what ifs, let’s deal with the reality here please 

31 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wonder how this would read if the coin had caused Lemon to lose an eye? Yes, he's an arsehole but that is no justification for the welt who threw it.

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He'd still have deserved it, and I probably would have posted more.

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

He'd still have deserved it, and I probably would have posted more.

:ohyou:

4 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Would Lennon have been pelted with a coin had he not carried out his usual antics on the touchline? No. Does that mean someone gets to pelt him with a coin? No. Both arseholes and both should find themselves in trouble. The Hearts fan should absolutely be banned, and Lennon should experience another few games in the stand (which may not happen now because the idiot Hearts fan has now made NL the victim).

The whole situation is complete arseholery, and I've not even mentioned Lennon's swan dive.

Why a few games in the stand?  Seriously, why not a 30 point reduction?  The guy is an oaf.  A moron. 

2 hours ago, Jsmith21 said:

But if you provoke hatred in a hostile environment like that, don't you absolutely run the risk of assault.  Or do some of the righteous people on here utterly condemning the coin thrower believe they could walk into a Celtic bar and shout fenian insults with impunity.

That's the provocation this Lennon moron revelled in.

He is an utter disgrace.

4 hours ago, sadj said:

I watched it over n over im sure it hit his jacket between chest n shoulder. The replays they showed after making a big deal of it then cut out the coin actually hitting him and just showed his reaction very weird editing. That said goading us or not its unacceptable to throw anything. A portion of both sets of fans were a diagrace tonight

Doesn't look like it hit his face to me. Throwing coins at anyone is uacceptable but as someone else said it's like Lennon wanted a reaction.

Screenshot_20181101-055031_Twitter.jpg

He went down like a Lochend  Rent boy 

after being skelpt with a coin. Absolutely no marks on his coupon or sign that would warrant the Oscar winning performance of being shot in the head he gave at the time. 

057294C0-DD9B-4600-99A6-09BA10AB1F20.jpeg

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

But if you provoke hatred in a hostile environment like that, don't you absolutely run the risk of assault.  Or do some of the righteous people on here utterly condemning the coin thrower believe they could walk into a Celtic bar and shout fenian insults with impunity.

That's the provocation this Lennon moron revelled in.

He is an utter disgrace.

:cornette:

No one is saying Lennon didn't act like an arsehole. It doesn't justify in any way some moron pinging a coin at him.

Actually process how utterly weak minded this knob in the crowd must be, supporters dish it out for 90 minutes and this guy crumbles after 10 seconds of goading. The guy can wake up today knowing he was out done by popcorn teeth, does it get any worse than that :lol:

First point, shouldn't be chucking coins a the football. Theres no argument against that.

Second point however, is that the first point absolutely would not have come to fruition without Lennons behaviour. His contribution shouldn't be overlooked in that respect.

His behaviour both before the coin throwing was embarrassing.

He stood there in front of 7000 football supporters, acting like the 'MON THEN' anteater meme in the face of a disallowed injury time winner. Its really no surprise whatsoever that he got a reaction out of that - however wrong the actions of the person who reacted were.

Hit him in the face aye?

I’m not by any stretch of the imagination saying this condones the action of the arsehole that threw the coin, I hope he’s found and dealt with appropriately.

The two incidents were wrong however I’d be embarrassed to have gone down the way both boys did. Dunne incident the other week was the same. Think players & ex player in this case are reacting the way they would if they were on the pitch and milk the situation to gain advantage. 

15 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Actually process how utterly weak minded this knob in the crowd must be, supporters dish it out for 90 minutes and this guy crumbles after 10 seconds of goading. The guy can wake up today knowing he was out done by popcorn teeth, does it get any worse than that :lol:

Pretty much this in terms of whoever launched the coin.  Absolutely no excuse and should be banned.

As has been pointed out, though, Lennon acts in a way that no other manager in the league does.  As a manager, I'm guessing you are made aware of your responsibility and the behaviour that's expected of you.  I imagine you're warned that at certain venues you will be subject to severe provocation, but that it is your job and responsibility not to become involved with it.  I do not for a minute believe that Lennon deserved to be hit, or that he asked for it, but his behaviour contributes to the risk of something like this happening.  He already knew that the atmosphere in the ground was pretty volatile.

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

The embarrassment is any poster on this thread even trying to blame Lennon

The op should be ashamed for starting this thread

Disagree. 

Moron who threw the coin needs arrested & given a lifetime ban from Tynecastle. 

It was a derby with very high tensions & Lennon stands there goading the home support. 

That doesnt in itself justify violence but if you poke the dog with a stick he might bite you. 

20 minutes ago, MrBones said:

How many coins were chucked at Bobby? A lot more than hit Lennon. Its ridiculous that this is becoming the norm at big games. 

Lighters and all sorts. Ref collected them and dumped them and dumped them in front of us in the new stand. Add car keys thrown and lodged in the net.

sums Lennon up that in an interview after he basically challenged the idiot in our support for a square go.

imagine Levein goaded their fans like that after an injury time disallowed winner ? He wouldn’t though. That’s the difference. 

Lennon and his airplane antics v sevco , the square go touch line theatrics with mccoist, the countless other meltdowns that have led to dugout bans. He’s needing to look at himself here but I repeat no way deserves a coin etc

Edited by 1971fozzy

I presume it was smoke grenades being thrown between fans? 

There is a big difference between a smoke grenade and a a flare. 

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I don’t understand how I see the same clip so differently - it clearly hit him on the chest only.

Also it was after it hit him on the chest that he held his cheek and fell down

Then after the match he claims it hit him on the chin.

Coin shouldn’t have been thrown of course but Lennon has played this out like some sort of schizophrenic 

Absolute spot on 

I P Knightley

Lennon drew a penalty.

If he didn't know what he was doing then there's no hope for the man. 

As it unfolded, my reactions went (1) Lennon, you classless idiot, winding up the hearts fans; (2) Aww, now some twat has reacted; (3) for Christ's sake, Lennon, completely over reacting.

There's absolutely no justification for throwing things at him. 

However, Lennon knows his position and that he had certain responsibilities. He knows that he can't be a supporter on the touchline, giving back what he takes; its unfair (and I'd agree that fans who give stick should be prepared to take it back) but he's been directly involved in the game long enough to know it. He was in the centre of the cauldron last night; on the telly, we could tel it wad unusually hostile. Lennon's goading was not only idiotic, it was reckless. If not him, any number of other people could have been hurt. 

Both he and the coin thrower should have the book thrown at them. A bloody big book which wouldwould take him down. 

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Lennon drew a penalty.

If he didn't know what he was doing then there's no hope for the man. 

As it unfolded, my reactions went (1) Lennon, you classless idiot, winding up the hearts fans; (2) Aww, now some twat has reacted; (3) for Christ's sake, Lennon, completely over reacting.

There's absolutely no justification for throwing things at him. 

However, Lennon knows his position and that he had certain responsibilities. He knows that he can't be a supporter on the touchline, giving back what he takes; its unfair (and I'd agree that fans who give stick should be prepared to take it back) but he's been directly involved in the game long enough to know it. He was in the centre of the cauldron last night; on the telly, we could tel it wad unusually hostile. Lennon's goading was not only idiotic, it was reckless. If not him, any number of other people could have been hurt. 

Both he and the coin thrower should have the book thrown at them. A bloody big book which wouldwould take him down. 

Absolutely :spoton:

I hope every single “fan” from both sides who were guilty of violence of any kind are weeded out and banned by both clubs, however I sincerely hope Lennon is also called upon to explain his actions. Yes, he gets it stinking from Hearts fans, much more than any other manager gets but you can’t incite the crowd like that in what is already a powder keg.

been here before

2 cretinous arseholes brought together by being at either end of a pound coins flight path.

Neil 'Victim Card' Lennon doesnt half make a meal of it though. There's a slow mo video on the BBC website where you see the coin hit his chops then carry on down his chest. You then clearly see him looking at the coin and can pretty much see the momdnt he think 'aye, aye, time to hit the ground'...

38 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Hit him in the face aye?

I’m not by any stretch of the imagination saying this condones the action of the arsehole that threw the coin, I hope he’s found and dealt with appropriately.

Clear case of simulation.

Every club has the odd fan that goes to that level I don’t think it’s acceptable at all, plus as some said it gave him an excuse, but there should also be something said to Lennon about the way he was with the fans, as if a player acted that way the ref would have booked him

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

Every club has the odd fan that goes to that level I don’t think it’s acceptable at all, plus as some said it gave him an excuse, but there should also be something said to Lennon about the way he was with the fans, as if a player acted that way the ref would have booked him

The guy took dogs abuse for 90mins and turns round to give bit back 

23 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I presume it was smoke grenades being thrown between fans? 

There is a big difference between a smoke grenade and a a flare. 

It was RPG's after the final whistle :ninja:

Came on here expecting to have a go at anyone saying Lennon deserved it but I just watched the video of his actions after our disallowed goal and I now have absolutely no sympathy for him. Of course the guy who threw the coin is can idiot and will be arrested and banned for life but Lennon should be carpeted for his actions. Grade a fud