Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

Why are folk arguing the obvious? 

Don't throw coins at a football game. 

Neil Lennon isn't a model professional. 

Thread summed up. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

The coin hit him in the chest. Hope the idiot who threw it gets a lifetime ban from Tynecastle. Lennon play acted. He won't get cited. He plays a good victim.

26 minutes ago, dukebox said:

You can argue about this until your blue in the face.

Neil lennon is an arsehole we agree on that but he didn't deserve that.  

If that happened to levein at easter road we would be in uproar so the fact is he has been assaulted and people are trying to defend the person that done this is a joke - no place at tynecastle for that behaviour.

Why would normal people with young children encourage their children to support hearts and take them to games to watch aresholes do that?  How do you want the next generation to support the club.

We always talk about the filth from the west but when we are are doing those thing ourselves.......

simple application of cause and effect means it is highly improbable it would happen to Levein at eater road. Two completely different characters. I think we'd be in shock rather than uproar. I don't see anybody trying to defend the individual - posters seem to be expecting them to be banned.

Edited by Riccarton3

54 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Why? 

And by the way how is this any different from Naisy's celebration in front of Aberdeen fans, or Lafferty's in front of Celtic. 

There is no excuse or mitigation for this assault. None. 

He went out of his way to goad fans and he manufactured a situation where the perpetrator becomes the victim. And he will say it wasn't his fault. He's very clever and he's very good at it. 

4 minutes ago, S Form said:

I don’t get wound up by Lennon, unlike many on here, but he does need to act more professionally. It’s the task of a manager to rise above goading from the crowd, not to respond. No one should be chucking coins at him but he should act with more class.

The guy is complete scum. He couldn't spell class never mind act with it

Can see the compliance officer offering him a 2 match ban for diving. ?

Folded quicker than a deck chair.

Genuinely, would like the police/club to spend a lot more time scouring CCTV, to identify any and all fans involved in violent behaviour, or throwing objects (BOTH sets of supporters). 

There should be zero tolerance towards any disorder within the ground. 

Lennon has been warned previously about his behaviour, & hopefully will be severely punished. 

2 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

The guy is complete scum. He couldn't spell class never mind act with it

He absolutely milked it and then some.

A grown man being floored by a coin ffs, embarrassing creature.

He incited the crowd but it's football.  You can argue he gets paid a decent wedge and is in a privileged position and therefore deserves what he gets.

However in a civilised society nobody should be assaulted doing their job.

They guy is a nob but surely riling up the opposition whether a manger or player is all part of the job - we do it - they do it and that's what makes it exciting otherwise it would be boring.

I do not like the guy in the slightest but any arsehole that turns to throwing a coin deserves to be banned.  The majority of people dont have that reaction - does that not say something about that "special individual" that done it??

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Wants to confront a lady face to face?:berra:

Not like he's got previous for that...

20181031_231244.jpg

Indeed.

Quick reminder for anyone who is feeling any sympathy for this absolute piece of shit.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/neil-lennon-says-sorry-after-mistress-allegations-34312022.html

Edited by Peebo

·

21m

Neil Lennon visibly shaken by tonight’s coin attack at Tynecastle: “We had a minute’s ****ing silence for five people who died in Leicester, to show respect, and then we get this. Where do those thoughts, those condolences, go? No respect, and I demand respect.”

Anyone throwing anything at a footballer, manager or anyone doing their job is bang out of order. 

But, how dare he talk about respect when he undoubtedly antagonised the situation and shows none the other way. Show some respect yourself before you start demanding it from people you goad at every opportunity and clear have none for in return. 

Sorry, I was going to come on here to slate the thrower of the coin but just read his comments and had me fuming. 

I’ve never been huge Levein fan, but the class and professionalism shown from him in comparison to Lennon is different leagues. Immediately over to check if Lennon was ok and tried to calm the Hearts fans down - you think Lennon would have done that had the roles been reversed?  He would’ve been straight at the ref going on about time wasting. 

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Indeed.

Quick reminder for anyone who is feeling any sympathy for this absolute piece of shit.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/neil-lennon-says-sorry-after-mistress-allegations-34312022.html

Even Jerry Springer would turn his nose up at vermin such as this.

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

100%. If the Hearts fans want to celebrate because they think a legitimate goal has been scored, that’s their business. He shouldnae even be facing them ffs, never mind taunting them and telling them to sit down. What the **** has it got to do with him? Why get involved?

Canni condone the actions of the coin thrower but **** me, the victim mentality seeps out of every pore of Neil Lennon. 

It's just non-stop

:turmoil:

with that prick.

Blackpool tae Gorgie
1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

What a horrible person he is pretending to be hit by a coin on the face.... watched it again something hit him middle of his jacket but playacting at his best

Luscious Laryea
55 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

"Inexcusable" yes it is no need justify it thereafter.

The action is inexcusable but he was provocative. It doesn't justify the coin throw however.

I was sitting only 10 yards or so away, and something struck him in the face for sure. I was convinced it was a lighter but you don’t seem to see it on the tv pictures. Looked bigger and black in real life, but maybe I’m seeing things. 100% hit him in the face. Idiocy. But as people have said, turning round and goading the fans for a good 10 seconds or so was not helping matters.

Blackpool tae Gorgie

My wife watched it home in Blackpool and said it definitely hit him on chest.Me was in wheatfield not sure.Trust my wife.She has watched it in slow motion four times.

Blackpool tae Gorgie
24 minutes ago, dukebox said:

Believe me I have no high horse stance and I will encourage my 2.5 year old to support hearts.  I know every support has their aresehole support - my old man is from london so iv'e been brought up around a lot of west ham fans (always lived in Edinburgh) - all i'm saying is we can be better than that - neil lennon is a dick but there is no need to chuck coins at him - that is all I'm saying.

I agree 100 per cent 

Bet it was a 5p he was hit with. To be fair he is consistent, he acts the same whether hit on the chest with a tiny coin or booted in the face by Alan Shearer.

Not condoning the coin thrower but Lennon has a knack of winding up people to the point where he’s ether fighting them or on the receiving end of a fist, coin or a bullet through the mail. You’d think he’d realise that what ever he is doing to cause these reactions must be addressed. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Blackpool tae Gorgie

My wife jjust text to say Lennon could hardly keep the smile of his coupon on sky sports.It hit him on the chest this will come back to haunt him.

Just now, Blackpool tae Gorgie said:

My wife jjust text to say Lennon could hardly keep the smile of his coupon on sky sports.It hit him on the chest this will come back to haunt him.

It hits him on the chest he holds his cheek and goes down then says it hit him on the chin.

queensferryjambo

Lennon is a dick and his goading of the Hearts fans after the goal was chalked off was incredibly dickish.

Still doesn't deserve to be hit by a coin though.

Doesn't matter where it hit him, he's been given the oxygen of being a victim, once again.

Shite, I detest him, sooner he ends up back at septic, the better, when bodgers, starts to realise his stock is falling, for a decent job.

2 hours ago, Luscious Laryea said:

The guy really is a lowlife. Inexcusable throwing a coin at a football game but he really does bring it upon himself.

No other manager in Scotland acts like that.

By your reckoning the name of Heart of Midlothian must already have been shamed thanks to John Wilson, so dinnae worry about it, nowts changed. Or does the shame wear away after a while? ?

By your reckoning the name of Heart of Midlothian must already have been shamed thanks to John Wilson, so dinnae worry about it, nowts changed. Or does the shame wear away after a while? ?

I once went to a Newcastle v Man U game and they were throwing hundreds of filed pennies ( old type) and serrated large fruit can tops ( like frisbees). It was standard practice to go to the game with a huge wool coat to pull over your head. I still saw lots of cut heads and faces. That was long ago. Throwing coins is now very old fashioned! Bad as it was Lennon was acting, NEVER touched his face. He used it a to winde down the clock.

Dallas had a shocker, was a goal but no sending off in my view.

Fly the Saltire
2 hours ago, merrymac said:

TBF should you not include the idiot who threw the coin in the low life pond dweller accusation?

This a thousand times

14 minutes ago, Blackpool tae Gorgie said:

No matter no one should throw coins at whoever.

No matter, no opposition coach should goad the home team's supporters, particularly in a highly charged derby atmosphere.

If it was me, I would impose a 30 point deduction to be imposed if such an incident is repeated over a 2 year period.

Lennon is obviously a complete arse but once again we have shot ourselves in the foot here. Instead of footage of him goading the crowd after one of their fans had punched a player an idiot throws a coin at him and changes the landscape in an instant. It really doesn't matter where it hit him, do people not understand that? This is after everyone has been 100% critical of the thug that threw the bottle on Sunday. The idiocy of the act beggars belief. We will get hammered obviously as the previous assault on Lennon will be the starting point of the punishment discussion. The lack of self control some people have is an embrassment and will end up costing us a fortune. 

Captain Price

Lennon knows exactly what he’s doing. 

Doesnt excuse throwing things at him though. You can’t even excuse it as a “moment of madness”. Going into yer pocket and rummaging to find something to throw at anyone is seriously weird behaviour. 

PeterintheRain
3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Lennon is obviously a complete arse but once again we have shot ourselves in the foot here. Instead of footage of him goading the crowd after one of their fans had punched a player an idiot throws a coin at him and changes the landscape in an instant. It really doesn't matter where it hit him, do people not understand that? This is after everyone has been 100% critical of the thug that threw the bottle on Sunday. The idiocy of the act beggars belief. We will get hammered obviously as the previous assault on Lennon will be the starting point of the punishment discussion. The lack of self control some people have is an embrassment and will end up costing us a fortune. 

We will not get hammered.  And if the GFA dare then tell them we'll pay any fine the same day they punish the bigot twins for glorifying terrorism, racism, sectarianism, industrial scale child abuse and match-fixing.  

julienbrellier

just dont care, he is a manager not a fan, about time he started acting like one. He was outraged it hit him, why not try and behave yourself you utter jakeball

brunoatemyhamster

The coin thrower should say he was aiming the coin at Lewis Stevenson as a way of protecting his clubs ball boys, and it accidently hit Neil Lennon.

2 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

We will not get hammered.  And if the GFA dare then tell them we'll pay any fine the same day they punish the bigot twins for glorifying terrorism, racism, sectarianism, industrial scale child abuse and match-fixing.  

Yes Peter while I agree with some of your points you are clearly not the next George Carman! We got off without a fine the last time and that will not be forgotten. 

rudi must stay

Lennon is disgraceful. Horrible actions before the incident, he's deserving of a touchline ban. Totally deluded interview of course with no respect which is par for the course with him, I'm not sure meeting the guy is a very PC or mature answer either. We don't need people like him in football in my opinion

brunoatemyhamster
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Lennon is disgraceful. Horrible actions before the incident, he's deserving of a touchline ban. Totally deluded interview of course with no respect which is par for the course with him, I'm not sure meeting the guy is a very PC or mature answer either. We don't need people like him in football in my opinion

Hope the coin thrower is Alan Shearer.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just watched Lennon on Sportscene and all I can say is it is almost like he wanted someone to throw something at him, unfortunately someone hard of thinking did. Lennon's behaviour was a disgrace and he should face the authorities to explain his goading actions. 

Just now, Dunks said:

He was trying to catch it ...

image.png.4d3a97bff03a4185bf7da5ba09ba3292.png

What an apology for a human he is.  He is absolutely the difference between Hearts and Hibs.

brunoatemyhamster
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Just watched Lennon on Sportscene and all I can say is it is almost like he wanted someone to throw something at him, unfortunately someone hard of thinking did. Lennon's behaviour was a disgrace and he should face the authorities to explain his goading actions. 

But his statement said on SSN said he's not having that he asked for it!

So that will be that then. 

Poor Lenny has spoken.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

But his statement said on SSN said he's not having that he asked for it!

So that will be that then. 

Poor Lenny has spoken.

Poor wee creature. Why do people hate him so much. :sad3:

brunoatemyhamster
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Poor wee creature. Why do people hate him so much. :sad3:

It can only be religious. Its not like hes got previous or anything.

He's such a swell guy. Like the Irish Harry Redknapp, except more likeable.

Can't be any other reason.

He is a very clever laddie is Lennon, he acts the prick every time he comes to Tynecastle or ibrox for that matter knowing that he will get reactions, I do not condone people launching objects towards him but he knows that some arsehole will retaliate to his provocation on these occasions, it only takes one, and then it’s big bad hearts fans at it again. It was a pretty hostile night tbf, flairs getting thrown back and forth all night into each other’s sections, especially at the end from section G into the hibs corner beside it, I will be surprised if nobody was injured during that. Even before kick off as i walked in at G a coin missed me by about a foot, pretty skint so could have done with catching it tbh.