Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

52 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Firstly, anyone who throws coins at a game or assaults players should be jailed, & banned from all grounds. 

Lennon is exploiting the situation, & doing everything he can to position himself for the future Celtic job. 

Wants to meet the coin thrower for a one on one? 

Good luck Neil. You got dropped by a coin grazing you, can't see you lasting long in a square go. 

Only if it's a woman he's fighting maybe

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Does anyone know where the "effigy" is spray painted? All I've seen is writing on a non descriptive wall that could be anywhere. 

No justification for spray painting someone’s wall but I can see it being retaliation for the stuff spray painted about Wallace Mercer last season. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Beside the Wallace Mercer graffiti they wrote a year or two ago?  Russell Road? Hold on when was it done? It's only vermin there on derby days. Could it be they did themselves to (pun intended) paint us in a bad light!! 

Nah I went along Russell Road today and there was a lot of Hearts graffiti in the same colour as the  "effigy". All the Hibs graffiti they'd done last time was also sprayed over with the same spray paint. 

Neil, can I just say as a former Catholic, I absolutely detest you because you're a ***** of a man.

As has been pointed out by others, Martin O'Neil and Brenda Rodgers, both NI Catholics that have managed Celtic and avoided the baggage Neil has. 

Henry. Henry.

Christ, they have Nicholas talking about Wednesday night on Sky Sports - The Debate tonight.   Referred to Lennon as Lenny in the preview already.   This will be well balanced 

1 minute ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Christ, they have Nicholas talking about Wednesday night on Sky Sports - The Debate tonight.   Referred to Lennon as Lenny in the preview already.   This will be well balanced 

Wonder if he could even name one player in our team

2 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Nicolas who has openly admitted to hating Hearts! Why don’t they just be done with it and get Leigh Griffith’s, O’Connor and Riordan on as well give us their valued input!

So, on Twitter I have asked Tom English several times to show this image of a Neil Lennon effigy outside Tynecastle or admit he and his fellow journos were wrong. The result.....

30D7267B-0C16-4A95-9887-E5AC9109F746.png

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

So, on Twitter I have asked Tom English several times to show this image of a Neil Lennon effigy outside Tynecastle or admit he and his fellow journos were wrong. The result.....

So it was the famously unbiased Tom English who talked about effigies?

Best sports journalist in Scotland right enough. 

Just watched the lennon 

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

It clear from lennons interview, his use of the word effigy means grafitti. 

Just now, His name is said:

Just watched the lennon 

SO why didn't he say "Graffiti"?

And, why hasn't he cleared, what in the context of both words and the wild implications of miss use has, up?

2 minutes ago, His name is said:

Just watched the lennon 

Of course it is, but not one journalist corrected him. Instead, many are reporting it as fact. 

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Of course it is, but not one journalist corrected him. Instead, many are reporting it as fact. 

sadly by using effigy instead of graffiti it makes it more sensational which is all journos care about. most of them are not interested in the truth. they will be loving all this. wonder how much coverage there has been of the more serious assault on Bobby..............................….yeah doesn't give them the same headlines. I wonder why?

...a bit disco
effigy
/ˈɛfɪdʒi/
noun

1. a sculpture or model of a person.

synonyms: statue, statuette, carving, sculpture, graven image, model, dummy, figure, figurine, guy;More

• a roughly made model of a person that is made in order to be damaged or destroyed as a protest.
      "angry campaigners plan to burn an effigy of the social security minister"

MacDonald Jardine
13 minutes ago, His name is said:

Just watched the lennon 

Is he thick?

Or is it sectarian to suggest that?

It puzzles me that no one in the media realises just how emotionally fragile Neil Lennon is, yet here they are using him for entertainment value.

Or maybe they do realise it.

And I do not know which is worse.

1 hour ago, ollie2004 said:

About time Lennon told the truth.

He was hit by a coin but not on the head, BT footage show he was hit on the chest.

I am not saying he deserved it but I suggest he is milking it. No room for anyone to throw coins or other missiles.

However we are being hung out to dry when he needs to be challenged about his behaviour and claims.

You mention missiles there...... BBC headline was something along the lines of “watch Neil Lennon being hit by a missile”. Imagine everyone (thats all of us folk with sectarianism running through us) disappointment to see him hit on the chest with a 10 pence piece rather than scud hitting right on his annoying wee coupon

2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

sadly by using effigy instead of graffiti it makes it more sensational which is all journos care about. most of them are not interested in the truth. they will be loving all this. wonder how much coverage there has been of the more serious assault on Bobby..............................….yeah doesn't give them the same headlines. I wonder why?

Re. Bobby Zlamal, that was another thing I called Tom English out on. Quell surprise, not a single response. He didn’t like my line of questioning so he just blocked me rather than answer my genuine queries. Not one of which was offensive or aggressive. This simply goes to prove where the journos interests lie. And it is 100% not in reporting the truth. 

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Re. Bobby Zlamal, that was another thing I called Tom English out on. Quell surprise, not a single response. He didn’t like my line of questioning so he just blocked me rather than answer my genuine queries. Not one of which was offensive or aggressive. This simply goes to prove where the journos interests lie. And it is 100% not in reporting the truth. 

sadly that's always been the case. the truth, the truth and not nothing like the truth

...a bit disco
11 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

You mention missiles there...... BBC headline was something along the lines of “watch Neil Lennon being hit by a missile”. Imagine everyone (thats all of us folk with sectarianism running through us) disappointment to see him hit on the chest with a 10 pence piece rather than scud hitting right on his annoying wee coupon

Lennon Scudded would have been a far superior headline right enough.

:lol:

Tom English is like a hypnotised sleeper.     Appears to operate quite normally but when the trigger word is issued he involuntarily leaps into slavering maniac mode.      He can go and **** himself now.

I cannot for the life of me understand Neil Lennon, he's coming away with stuff about being hated because he's a Catholic and Irish, maybe in Glasgow and perhaps a few knuckle draggers in the Hearts support, our young defender on loan (Dunne) is from Southern Ireland and presumably a Catholic and he is very well liked by the majority of Hearts fans. Neil Lennon should take a long hard look at himself, the way he conducts himself at matches, he does goad opposition fans and should be hauled up for that alone, I heard on TV tonight his Celtic counterpart saying that he ignores all the insults being shouted at him from behind the dugout, now like him or loathe him, the lesson in there for Lennon is, that is how a {professional) manager should behave.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Tom English is like a hypnotised sleeper.     Appears to operate quite normally but when the trigger word is issued he involuntarily leaps into slavering maniac mode.      He can go and **** himself now.

It’s amazing how many of the media are dancing to his tune without engaging their brain.

1 minute ago, DVB said:

It’s amazing how many of the media are dancing to his tune without engaging their brain.

It's dog whistle stuff.     The whistle has been blown and every rabid mutt is chasing it's own tail.

1 minute ago, Bauldrick said:

I cannot for the life of me understand Neil Lennon, he's coming away with stuff about being hated because he's a Catholic and Irish, maybe in Glasgow and perhaps a few knuckle draggers in the Hearts support, our young defender on loan (Dunne) is from Southern Ireland and presumably a Catholic and he is very well liked by the majority of Hearts fans. Neil Lennon should take a long hard look at himself, the way he conducts himself at matches, he does goad opposition fans and should be hauled up for that alone, I heard on TV tonight his Celtic counterpart saying that he ignores all the insults being shouted at him from behind the dugout, now like him or loathe him, the lesson in there for Lennon is, that is how a {professional) manager should behave.

Guy's got problems for sure. For a split second, he nearly lost it at the latest press conference. A sadistic journalist could have a field day with him. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Guy's got problems for sure. For a split second, he nearly lost it at the latest press conference. A sadistic journalist could have a field day with him. 

True, but they are having too much fun.  If there is anything the media like more than a victim, it is an eloquent victim.

His entire response to what happened was totally over the top - and i believe he knew what he was doing -  but why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

1 hour ago, ollie2004 said:

About time Lennon told the truth.

He was hit by a coin but not on the head, BT footage show he was hit on the chest.

I am not saying he deserved it but I suggest he is milking it. No room for anyone to throw coins or other missiles.

However we are being hung out to dry when he needs to be challenged about his behaviour and claims.

What and where does it actually matter where it hit when the rodent got hit by another rodent with a coin and it wasn’t the only one being chucked?  Lennon is the biggest in Scottish football but our support as well as there’s at times is shocking yet we try take the moral high ground and call them vermin?  What kind of plebs jump on pitch’s to attack players, managers launch coins at linos?  The more the blame gets placed on a prick like Lennon the more it will deflate the supporters that are utter wankers in our support as shown on Sunday and weds. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

He was getting abuse all the game.  I would love Craig to come out and say how he really feels because it would shut a lot of people up. 

MacDonald Jardine
7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Never switched my opinion of TE.

Nor mine, and I didn't expect to agree with you. 

Opposition manager gives it effectively GIRFUY in a derby game.

In many ways I'm amazed only one coin was thrown. 

And that would be the case if he was a born and bred Hearts fan.

9 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

What a completely rational and valid post.

For whatever reason, the journalists are afraid to call this out. Even the ones that do have an incline to say something are hiding behind some old police chief and Stephen Elliott! 

No shortage of people on here agreeing that people should not throw coins (or worse still missiles) but Lennon needs to take responsibility for his own actions. Until he does, this shit will continue and allow him to play the victim.

MacDonald Jardine
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What and where does it actually matter where it hit when the rodent got hit by another rodent with a coin and it wasn’t the only one being chucked?  Lennon is the biggest in Scottish football but our support as well as there’s at times is shocking yet we try take the moral high ground and call them vermin?  What kind of plebs jump on pitch’s to attack players, managers launch coins at linos?  The more the blame gets placed on a prick like Lennon the more it will deflate the supporters that are utter wankers in our support as shown on Sunday and weds. 

In English?

Lennon was dribbling about "one Scotland" and "our democracy" during his wee sermon about widespread sectarianism.     Then he said that HE has suffered from discrimination.      For Lennon the narrative is Lennon but he tried to piggyback it on to a wider issue.

He's a bag of tricks.

1 minute ago, smartinmaroon said:

Craig Levein in bbc article talking a bit of rational sense (again) well done him

He never once said ginger baws brought it on himself, he never once said He done anything wrong.  

Craig Levein has not came out and said anything condemning Lennon.  Just have a wee think about that for a minute.  Same chap who would defend our club to the hilt, against the SFA football in general.  Ask yourself why that is.  Perhaps it’s the ****ing scum who’s to blame. 

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He never once said ginger baws brought it on himself, he never once said He done anything wrong.  

Craig Levein has not came out and said anything condemning Lennon.  Just have a wee think about that for a minute.  Same chap who would defend our club to the hilt, against the SFA football in general.  Ask yourself why that is.  Perhaps it’s the ****ing scum who’s to blame. 

Pardon? ?

MacDonald Jardine
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How has this become a Neil Lennon story? 

Because it always does.

There's a 6 page thread on Hibs.net about how right he is to call out the sectarian scourge in society. 

Yet a number admit they hated him before he joined Hibs.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Kyle Lafferty and Neil Lennon can't help themselves. 

What's Kyle Lafferty got to do with this?

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

So it was the famously unbiased Tom English who talked about effigies?

Best sports journalist in Scotland right enough. 

Man is an obnoxious prick. **** knows why so many laud him.