Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

Just now, queensferryjambo said:

Oops forgot obviously Les Gray is all part of the establishment conspiracy against poor Neil as well.

My bad :)

Well it was actually a well Kent poster on here from the East Midlands area of England who said it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Lennon's press conference was 100% exactly as predicted. He says he done nothing wrong, Scotland is full of sectarians / racists who only dislike him because he is an Irish catholic. He is a grown man who will never take any responsibility for his own actions and trying his hardest to deflect any wrong doing from himself.

Lennon will have nothing done to him regarding his conduct now he has played the sectarian card (and squeezed in the word racist into his conference).

Nobody in the media has the courage to call him out for his nonsense as nobody has the courage to stand up against the sectarian claims that get thrown about every time Lennon gets in bother. 

As ex Police Chief Les Gray was saying in the papers -  

“Something that comes to mind with me is that Neil Lennon needs to take responsibility for Neil Lennon.

“I thought his conduct, before this incident, was shocking and, quite frankly, I will be amazed if the football authorities and even Police Scotland don’t decide that they need to have a word in his ear to say ‘Look, you can’t do that in these circumstances.’

Apologies,I’ve not read the whole thread, but my tuppence worth is, 

if it’s down to being sectarianism why doesn’t Brendan Rogers get the same treatment,  , Rogers is from the same section of the community and most likely brought up with the same religious beliefs and all that is associated with this

( not meaning to sound as if that’s a crime ) but my point is why is there a difference between the way Lennon is treated and the way Rogers is treated.

I’ll tell you why, because Lennon is nothing more than a wee argumentative Ned and Rogers conducts himself as a level headed manager often showing respect ( maybe a wee dig here and there but nothing serious)

THATS WHY LENNON GETS ALL THIS GRIEF , NOT BECAUSE OF HIS RELIGION . 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I think that might be best for all concerned. No other Irish Catholic stirs up any problems in Scottish football. Odd that.

Nothing odd about it, mate.

Nothing at all.

;)

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Well it was actually a well Kent poster on here from the East Midlands area of England who said it.

Kent isn't in the East Midlands?.

For clarification i completely agree with the boy but just bear in mind he may be coming at it from a different angle than we are.

Time for Hearts to make a statement defending the fans and the club.

What was the point of Ann Budge getting her photo taken with Dumpster yesterday and issuing a statement.

Lennon is calling all Hearts fans racists, bigots, sectarian whatever, he is ignoring yesterdays statement.

It was an incident that should not have happened but the creepy little yellow teeth gimp is slandering the lot of us and the 3/4 of the Scottish population who are protestant.

Time to rein him in.

Make a statement Hearts and mention the real attack on our goalie that is being ignored

How many bans from the dugout has Lennon had? He does bring it on himself because he can't control himself and decided to get involved with the crowd again.  

5 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

What was the point of Ann Budge getting her photo taken with Dumpster yesterday and issuing a statement.

Lennon is calling all Hearts fans racists, bigots, sectarian whatever, he is ignoring yesterdays statement.

It was an incident that should not have happened but the creepy little yellow teeth gimp is slandering the lot of us and the 3/4 of the Scottish population who are protestant.

Time to rein him in.

Make a statement Hearts and mention the real attack on our goalie that is being ignored

Way too late.    Pandora's Box is open and all the contents of Lennon's head are out to cause mayhem.    Any such club statement would be pounced on to accuse us of being a club tolerating sectarianism,  racism and of harbouring KKK type characters and the like.      The club can do nothing.

maroonlegions
Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sport and outdoor

Horrible  **** as a player too. 

There was a reason that Allan Shearer done him once and Shearer was no dirty player like Lineker.

...a bit disco

Any right minded person would be advised to steer clear of Tom English on Twitter right now.

Seems he's bought right into Lennon's narrative.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Way too late.    Pandora's Box is open and all the contents of Lennon's head are out to cause mayhem.    Any such club statement would be pounced on to accuse us of being a club tolerating sectarianism,  racism and of harbouring KKK type characters and the like.      The club can do nothing.

The club don’t need to do anything Lennon will trip up soon enough. He’s played a perfect game of sympathy bingo this time but he’ll het caught out soon enough.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Any right minded person would be advised to steer clear of Tom English on Twitter right now.

This kind of issue is his blind spot.      It's a shame for him that he's been utterly deceived.    

Just now, Rudy T said:

The club don’t need to do anything Lennon will trip up soon enough. He’s played a perfect game of sympathy bingo this time but he’ll het caught out soon enough.

Not sure he will.    At the moment he could say virtually anything and still be portrayed as credible.       He has a free pass.

Walter Bishop

We are getting destroyed in the press every day here. Why are Hearts not coming out with something? We are sitting back and taking it all. 

Every time Celtic visit we need to listen to 3000 singing IRA songs and vice versa for Rangers, Hibs fan sing about Wallace Mercer. They all use flares/smoke bombs and there has been incidents of coin throwing etc. Ollie Lee was bombarded with objects on Wednesday yet we have said nothing. 

Im disappointed and feel a bit let down by the club with all of this. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Am sorry but Hearts need to get their finger out and wade into this. Bartley claimed Boyle, Stevenson and others where pelted with coins. Lennon now claiming racial abuse and claiming effigies etc. Lennon also seems to be going against the joint statement a little by continually fanning the flames. Hearts should protect the name of our club and highlight the fact that he has his part to play in all of this. 

Agree this has gone too far, Hearts must now act to defend the clubs reputation 

I can think of no other individual in the game that is thoroughly despised as Neil Lennon is. He has had a long history of bringing trouble to himself both by his actions and by some of the ill thought out thoroughly provocative statements he has made over the years. He still sees himself as a complete victim in all of this and refuses to moderate either his behaviour or his language. The latest guff he has come out with is clearly to deflect away from his behaviour the other night. Seems to me that he has all the signs of someone with a personality disorder.  Maybe he should get out of the game here for his own good and that of everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Nope. I'm telling Tom what i think of him. Shame as he has been very balanced and fair recently.

maroonlegions

One of our best players in this current team is an Irish catholic, so Neil Lennon and his agent can stick all that talk about religion having a part to play in him getting hit by a coin up his arse.

If it wasn’t for Lennon’s actions on Wednesday am sure this wouldn’t of happened! The man brings it onto himself.

??????????

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This kind of issue is his blind spot.      It's a shame for him that he's been utterly deceived.    

Massively.

...a bit disco
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Nope. I'm telling Tom what i think of him. Shame as he has been very balanced and fair recently.

:thumbsup:

But he seems to have an answer for every point raised.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not sure he will.    At the moment he could say virtually anything and still be portrayed as credible.       He has a free pass.

For now he does, He’s a time bomb that’s him when his team get a draw wait until they get beat in a big game and the entire opposition support are goading him...he’ll lose plot!

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Agree this has gone too far, Hearts must now act to defend the clubs reputation 

Hibs or allowing Lennon to say what he likes and what he thinks. It’s turning into the “such a shame” Neil Lennon show and that simply cannot happen. 

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, hhgh1973 said:

Says “Zlamal went to ground following an incident with the away support”.  Why can’t anyone just say he was f**kin* punched in the face

5 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

We are getting destroyed in the press every day here. Why are Hearts not coming out with something? We are sitting back and taking it all. 

Every time Celtic visit we need to listen to 3000 singing IRA songs and vice versa for Rangers, Hibs fan sing about Wallace Mercer. They all use flares/smoke bombs and there has been incidents of coin throwing etc. Ollie Lee was bombarded with objects on Wednesday yet we have said nothing. 

Im disappointed and feel a bit let down by the club with all of this. 

Perhaps someone with the capability to do so should put a you tube video together of these incidents, zamal punched the nut case before kick off the flares the coin throwing the tricolours and the full video of Lennon not the edited version where he gets struck with the coin

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

If in a few weeks Stevie G turns round to the main stand and does what Lennon did the other night he might get abuse and the odd idiot throwing something. It has nothing to do with being an Irish catholic, just ask Stephen Elliott, Alan Maybury, Jimmy Dunne etc. I don't recall Martin O'Neill ever getting much abuse from us, in fact he was quite respected by most in Scottish football.

Its another reason to kick to the curb all the UJ waving, Billy Boys singing pish as it only feeds into this agenda being pushed by Lennon

49 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Have Hibs had a Catholic manager previously?

They were entirely IRISH catholic from inception so their managers must have been. Their fans then were noted for horrendous behaviour like attacking Hearts player Nick Ross after a cup tie and also assaulting a Hearts player called John Sweeney Who had the temerity to play for us while being a Catholic. The evening news have had articlues about these incidents in the past.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 minute ago, TorinoJambo said:

They were entirely IRISH catholic from inception so their managers must have been. Their fans then were noted for horrendous behaviour like attacking Hearts player Nick Ross after a cup tie and also assaulting a Hearts player called John Sweeney Who had the temerity to play for us while being a Catholic. The evening news have had articlues about these incidents in the past.

and where we not the only team who would play them, every other team which existed at the time refusing to do so.

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

10 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

:thumbsup:

But he seems to have an answer for every point raised.

Most of them are the wrong answer but i will let him crack on.

Neil Lennon should be made to sit in the stand when that lot play the big teams because he can’t except his team are crap he could have caused a riot on Wednesday there fans could have invaded the pitch like they did at Hampden he should be heavily find  but because it’s him they won’t  the next derby  believe me it will be worse for trouble I will not go to Easter Road the kick off 1730 on a Saturday the sfa must step in now and get it changed to 12 what’s more important the safety of fans or tv money 

Lennon has been handed touchline bans everywhere he's been.

UEFA, Scotland, England, doesn't matter where he goes, he always manages to get himself sent to the stands then given a longer ban by the authorities.

He's an angry, bitter, aggressive wee man with serious behavioral problems.

Unless, of course, everybody else in the whole of European football is a proddy bigot and there is some sort of international conspiracy against poor wee Lenny.

:interehjrling:

Edited by Cade

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Most of them are the wrong answer but i will let him crack on.

Indeed.

maroonlegions
 So whats more serious, a coin that hits you in the CHEST , with a thick sports jacket on, or a PUNCH IN THE FACE that our keeper suffered. What if our keeper wanted to meet that rat that punched him.What one would get thrown out of a court of law and what one would the prosecution prosecute?? He winds up and goads opposition fans and not just us. Time the coward admitted this and the media love in with him is cringeworthy.

21 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

and where we not the only team who would play them, every other team which existed at the time refusing to do so.

Not sure about that but they were refused entry initially to the Scottish League in the 1890's and we fought their corner. Incidentally, I just saw Lennon on tv And there's not a mark on him. I got hit by a 10p once at Pittodrie and it bled and left a bruise. This was supposed to be a heavier pound coin. He's a Ravi Shankar of the highest order.

Edited by TorinoJambo

50 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Time to rein him in.

We have become far too soft as a Club. The greater offence was against our Keeper. The fact of Lennon's delayed reaction falling to the ground needs to be challenged. He appears to have the moral high ground, but has taken a Dive and got away with it. I am still not convinced the coin hit him in the face. (not that I condone coin throwing) Come on Hearts, its bad enough we said nothing after the biased Referee last week. Lets stand up for ourselves!!

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Lennon's press conference was 100% exactly as predicted. He says he done nothing wrong, Scotland is full of sectarians / racists who only dislike him because he is an Irish catholic. He is a grown man who will never take any responsibility for his own actions and trying his hardest to deflect any wrong doing from himself.

Lennon will have nothing done to him regarding his conduct now he has played the sectarian card (and squeezed in the word racist into his conference).

Nobody in the media has the courage to call him out for his nonsense as nobody has the courage to stand up against the sectarian claims that get thrown about every time Lennon gets in bother. 

As ex Police Chief Les Gray was saying in the papers -  

“Something that comes to mind with me is that Neil Lennon needs to take responsibility for Neil Lennon.

“I thought his conduct, before this incident, was shocking and, quite frankly, I will be amazed if the football authorities and even Police Scotland don’t decide that they need to have a word in his ear to say ‘Look, you can’t do that in these circumstances.’

Agree with the coppers statement 

Got a feeling Lennon maybee looking for an excuse to get out of Hobos and his name out there for any potential jobs down south . ( same way he left selik few years back ). As for front page of the Sun and his Agents comments what a load of shite from a ****in other idiot 

The little ginger cretin needs to wise and grow up 

9 hours ago, TheMensch said:

Lennon is a grade a arsehole,always has been,always will be.

He was acting like an arse.

The guy who threw the coin is an arse.

There is no religious connotations to this,it’s about time someone in the press call this bullshit out as it happens every time NL gets himself in bother.

His press friends,his agent,etc.....”it’s because NL is an Irish Catholic”.......what utter crap,it’s because he’s an arsehole!

correct

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Camera phones pointed in his direction next time he’s in the dugout at Tynecastle might encourage the man child to calm down

This. 

He's playing the sectarian card as a diversion from what he did on Wednesday. He wasn't reacting to sectarianism when he did what he did and the coin throwing stemmed from him doing what he did. No sectarianism involved and he should be called out on that - not that anyone will have the balls. He's filled with hate & anger and is looking for a reason to justify that episode and his behaviour in general. His conduct over the years has been disgraceful and he must undoubtedly be the most classless manager either Celtic or Hibs have ever had. 

Still cant understand why a decent journalist cant ask him serious questions, they have all had microphones in his face for the last 2 days....

Why were you trying get at one of the home players when one of yours was being sent off?, what were you hoping to achieve?

Why celebrate and antagonize the home supoort the way you did in the final moments?, a senior ex police officer has condemned these actions, can you respond on that?

Did the coin really hit with as much force to drop you to the ground? [NOT condoning any form of missile throwing]

Are your club scrutinizing CCTV and seat numbers to find the culprit who assaulted the home goalkeeper? 

Are your club scrutinizing CCTV and seat numbers to find the culprit who ran at the home support to assault them prior to kick off?

You mention an effigy, what and where was this?...graffiti was spotted [which is abhorrent] but where was the effigy please?

Oh, and there is no chance he will consider his position....this is to milk it even more and create a whole..."Oh Neil but you shouldn't have to do that you poor soul" mentality

The guy is poison and the media need to be picking him up on his actions

No sectarianism I couldn’t give a flying about religion, one side of my family is Church of Scotland the other historically Irish Catholic.

Ban tricolours, Union Jacks red hands of Ulster flags.

I support Hearts my team our team the best team with the best supporters (apart from the dicks) 

The fact is though that Neil Lennon = professional victim and windup merchant and publicity whore and needs to grow up - FACT. 

Seymour M Hersh

Apparently, he says there was an effigy of him being hung at the game. I saw nothing even remotely resembling such a thing on Wednesday. If someone can prove me wrong then fair do's otherwise popcorn teeth needs called out in the press for telling total and utter lies! 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This. 

He's playing the sectarian card as a diversion from what he did on Wednesday. He wasn't reacting to sectarianism when he did what he did and the coin throwing stemmed from him doing what he did. No sectarianism involved and he should be called out on that - not that anyone will have the balls. He's filled with hate & anger and is looking for a reason to justify that episode and his behaviour in general. His conduct over the years has been disgraceful and he must undoubtedly be the most classless manager either Celtic or Hibs have ever had. 

He's playing every card he can think of. Says it racism the abuse he gets and likens it to the KKK!! He is a total fekking psycho! 

I don’t believe for a second there isn’t cameras pointed at the dug outs that can clear up and show the full extent to his “light hearted fun”. He was all ready out the dug out, on the park, raging cause he felt it was a foul on their keeper in the build up, he was raging before the goal was chopped off. Show the full, almost minute he was gesturing to the home fans. Let’s clear it up. 

25 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Anne needs to step up now.

The love in with Dempster needs to end just now.  

Hopefully these concerns are voiced vehemently at the next AGM

Hibs fans hated Lennon before he was their manager. Embarrassing the way they idolise him now.

I don't hate Lennon because he is Catholic. I hate him because he is just a vile individual. Suggestions that all who hate him is for sectarian reasons is ridiculous. Verging on embarrassing.

Hibs fans who boo Djoum that must be because he is black. Same logic really isn't it.

Hibs taking a moral high ground when their star strikers sang racist songs about Rudi and pelted Rudi with coins after Riordan took him out at Easter Road. Yeah. The same fans who invaded a pitch inciting a riot.

Making out that the Lennon incident is worse than Bobby getting punched is embarrassing on Hibs behalf.

Coins should not be thrown but don't call be sectarian for hating a woman beating vile individual.

It seems Lennon gets a persistently free ride in the SMSM, why is that?

He's milking this and suddenly this is all about him being a Catholic. I don't recall anyone shouting anything directly at him that was sectarian other than the Gorgie Boys getting a brief airing. He is making it seem like he was shouted all those things persistently on Wednesday. He didn't really get much stick until he the disallowed goal. Was the others in the dugout that were targeted (for non-sectarian reasons).

He entices too much and is a villain as much as a victim.

1 minute ago, kila said:

He's milking this and suddenly this is all about him being a Catholic. I don't recall anyone shouting anything directly at him that was sectarian other than the Gorgie Boys getting a brief airing. He is making it seem like he was shouted all those things persistently on Wednesday. He didn't really get much stick until he the disallowed goal. Was the others in the dugout that were targeted (for non-sectarian reasons).

Absolutely. Another thing the media and some here don’t seem to get is Neil Lennon is hated because he is Neil Lennon. An utter welt of a man regardless of his nationality or religion. The vast majority of hearts fans don’t like him because of actions not his religion. 

10 minutes ago, kila said:

I heard a lot of Lennon abuse but nothing I'd consider sectarian. The coin was thrown at him due to his antics so why is he bringing the sectarian card into play here? Absolutely reckless comments liking it to the KKK in the 60's. I'm sure all of the KKK's victims families will be absolutely devastated that Lennon's jacket took a hit from a missile after he goaded the oppositions fans up.

Some of the stuff in the past he's been subjected to is totally out of order but I just can't even feel the slightest bit sorry for him for Wednesday night.

Edited by Jeff

All the excuses from Lennon!

Lets not forget, he took a dive, a pathetic fall on the ground, even the physio must have been trying his hardest not to piss himself laughing as he was treating him.

Deep down Lennon must be cringing, he took a comedy dive, all the other stuff is just deflection from him. It was classic cheating / gamesmanship from him, to get the other side in as much trouble as possible.