Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

rudi must stay
31 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Dennis Wyness used to the shite

Then he was alright

...and there is your parable for the festive season. 

Wighton is Wyness.

Clare could be more like Paul Hartley (IMO)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

There's a fair bit of uncertainty apparent in his game just now, he's a bit reactive instead of being sure of himself and being proactive. As someone else said above, once he realises he'll get roared to the rafters for chasing down and getting tackles in it'll put him on the front foot a bit more often and who knows, maybe we'll see him shine. I still have high hopes for him, there's something in there

100% this all day long, can't believe how short sighted some folks are. Very clearly a player and have no doubt he will become a very big part in our success. Go Sean.

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, Superunknown said:

We're are hard club to make a name for yourself at when you've not had much experience. Our fans expectations were very high with our start to the season and hes come here with a reputation as a player with potential (as has Wighton)Maybe a spell at somewhere like Raith or Dunfermline would give the guy a chance to cut his teeth and gain confidence. 

That shot he took with his left was a sign that he is short on confidence just now. A half chance that he should have tested the keeper or cut back on to his right foot. Instead he snatched at it out of desperation into the side netting.

Sensible post.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Superunknown said:

We're are hard club to make a name for yourself at when you've not had much experience. Our fans expectations were very high with our start to the season and hes come here with a reputation as a player with potential (as has Wighton)Maybe a spell at somewhere like Raith or Dunfermline would give the guy a chance to cut his teeth and gain confidence. 

That shot he took with his left was a sign that he is short on confidence just now. A half chance that he should have tested the keeper or cut back on to his right foot. Instead he snatched at it out of desperation into the side netting.

Maybe, but tbh when ulche, Naismith and DV are here we can use him from the bench so he is playing more as a luxury as opposed to out of desperation. 

This will help his confidence, also as someone else noted I think he'll benifit most from Naismith playing next to him. 

8 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Far to sensible and balanced post for this place ... wait till we get our key players back .. this boy will get much better .. absolutely sure of that 

Looking forward to seeing what impact Naismith will have. McLean does brilliant link play with naisy - reason he has been so ineffective in last 5 games. Clare is just starting to show match fitness levels - that with the Naismith influence, I’m really looking forward to it. 

10 hours ago, Peebo said:

Thought he showed lots of decent flashes against Rangers. Shite again today, though. 

But he absolutely wasn't. Innit weird how 2 people can watch a game of football and not see the same thing

31 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

But he absolutely wasn't. Innit weird how 2 people can watch a game of football and not see the same thing

Not really weird. Has been happening as long as the game has been played.

Edited by Peebo

Brick Tamland

I think he has shown some moments why we have signed him in the last 2 or 3 games. He’s looking a bit more athletic and a lot pacier, his passing is improving too. Had it not been for our injuries then he wouldn’t have had as much game time and had we still been on our excellent run of form then he would have been coming on as a sub into a very confident team. As it is he’s come in to a team a bit short of confidence and without key players and he isn’t fully up to the pace of the game up here and match fitness required to play at full pelt for 90 minutes. None of which make it easy for him, I think he’ll come good. Not sure about the new Colin Cameron as I see Bozanic more like CC. 

5 hours ago, Peebo said:

Not really weird. Has been happening as long as the game has been played.

Fair enough. You’re wrong though ?

jack D and coke

I’m still not seeing much. At times I wonder if he really wants involved in the game, seems to jog around on the periphery not really doing an awful lot. I thought he was a forward player but he seems to drift away from where the play is and rarely seems in good positions im really not sure what he’s meant to be bringing tbh.

I’m not writing him off, nobody wants him to be a dud but he’s still miles away from being an important player for us. 

5 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

I think he has shown some moments why we have signed him in the last 2 or 3 games. He’s looking a bit more athletic and a lot pacier, his passing is improving too. Had it not been for our injuries then he wouldn’t have had as much game time and had we still been on our excellent run of form then he would have been coming on as a sub into a very confident team. As it is he’s come in to a team a bit short of confidence and without key players and he isn’t fully up to the pace of the game up here and match fitness required to play at full pelt for 90 minutes. None of which make it easy for him, I think he’ll come good. Not sure about the new Colin Cameron as I see Bozanic more like CC. 

Not taking issue but I wonder why it takes some players what seems like half a season to adjust and get up to speed. There is a lot of emphasis on the pre –season build up but I have witnessed Berra playing 270 minutes during the last week and looking like he has never been away.

TBH I thought Clare was ordinary at best on Saturday - which is an improvement from his previous performances.

I hope he can come good, however much like El Hass was remembered for one reverse pass, I hope Clare is not just remembered for one back tracking tackle.

18 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m still not seeing much. At times I wonder if he really wants involved in the game, seems to jog around on the periphery not really doing an awful lot. I thought he was a forward player but he seems to drift away from where the play is and rarely seems in good positions im really not sure what he’s meant to be bringing tbh.

I’m not writing him off, nobody wants him to be a dud but he’s still miles away from being an important player for us. 

I think you have summed him up perfectly.

17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

TBH I thought Clare was ordinary at best on Saturday - which is an improvement from his previous performances.

I hope he can come good, however much like El Hass was remembered for one reverse pass, I hope Clare is not just remembered for one back tracking tackle.

Exactly! He doesn't look to me as a good player who is still to "get up to speed", he looks lost! No idea what he is offering us!

I don't get that he isn't fit etc... He has now had a run of games to get 'match' fit. I honestly can't think of one thing he has done that is even worth talking about? 

He has been here a few months now, trained every day and played enough games to at least give us some hope, I don't think he is good enough plain and simple.

I would love to be proved wrong but others should be getting a game before him until he proves he deserves a start.

If u had seen a highlight reel of his time at Hearts and had the option to sign, I don't think he would be at Hearts. Again I really hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by Gorgieshed

9 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I don't get that he isn't fit etc... He has now had a run of games to get 'match' fit. I honestly can't think of one thing he has done that is even worth talking about? 

He has been here a few months now, trained every day and played enough games to at least give us some hope, I don't think he is good enough plain and simple.

I would love to be proved wrong but others should be getting a game before him until he proves he deserves a start.

If u had seen a highlight reel of his time at Hearts and had the option to sign, I don't think he would be at Hearts. Again I really hope he proves me wrong.

Sean 'the tackle' Clare.....

29 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

That's a fair point.

EastSideJambo

Levein must see something in this guy. That goes without saying. He seemed very pleased and very surprised he was able to get him. That must say something 

You'd imagine he feels the same about Wighton. Unfortunately neither has showed anything to date. Clearly there is still plenty time for them both to come good. The worry is there has been literally nothing from either so far. That's a concern  

Hugely unfair to judge Clare at the moment.  The team has gone from having a massive forward presence to being impotent at best.  There are no doubts in my mind that is due to the loss of Naismith and Uche.  Olly Lee is a prime example of this.  Start of the season he looked like one of our best midfield signings in a long time and now is looking average.  You can not underestimate the importance of the loss of our strikers and what they allowed our midfielders to do  - Uche was taking 2 defenders with him every game!! We can only judge Clare when he is fully fit (now) but also with a full strength team to play amongst.

12 minutes ago, biigsybmx said:

Hugely unfair to judge Clare at the moment.  The team has gone from having a massive forward presence to being impotent at best.  There are no doubts in my mind that is due to the loss of Naismith and Uche.  Olly Lee is a prime example of this.  Start of the season he looked like one of our best midfield signings in a long time and now is looking average.  You can not underestimate the importance of the loss of our strikers and what they allowed our midfielders to do  - Uche was taking 2 defenders with him every game!! We can only judge Clare when he is fully fit (now) but also with a full strength team to play amongst.

Mmmm maybe.........but you cant blame the absence of Uche and Naismith for Clare missing the target by yards when he was played through in the second half.

14 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Levein must see something in this guy. That goes without saying. He seemed very pleased and very surprised he was able to get him. That must say something 

You'd imagine he feels the same about Wighton. Unfortunately neither has showed anything to date. Clearly there is still plenty time for them both to come good. The worry is there has been literally nothing from either so far. That's a concern  

Agree with all that.  Even with his perceived lack of fitness or game time, you would have thought that Clare would have shown us one bit of skill, good shot at goal, or killer pass, that would confirm that he is the quality player that his reputation suggested. 

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Mmmm maybe.........but you cant blame the absence of Uche and Naismith for Clare missing the target by yards when he was played through in the second half.

No, you are right - but far better players than Clare have had far worse misses.  Perhaps he is in positions that he isn't as comfortable with as a result though?

9 minutes ago, biigsybmx said:

No, you are right - but far better players than Clare have had far worse misses.  Perhaps he is in positions that he isn't as comfortable with as a result though?

Yes I agree - all players miss, however that was the first time he has got himself in a great goal scoring position - and he fluffed it!

I am not writing him off because of one miss, but his start to his career at Hearts has been totally uninspiring.

EastSideJambo
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Agree with all that.  Even with his perceived lack of fitness or game time, you would have thought that Clare would have shown us one bit of skill, good shot at goal, or killer pass, that would confirm that he is the quality player that his reputation suggested. 

Exactly. Even if a player is unfit you can see what they've got and realise when fitness is added you've got a player. That's not my initial reaction to both Clare and Wighton sadly 

Not making a direct to comparison due to different age profile and experience, but when Vincent Guerin pitched up all those years ago you knew you had a proper footballer.  He just hadn't played. These are two younger guys. Wighton has got 100 appearances under his belt at first team level. You'd never know it to watch him. Clare has significantly less in fairness 

I hope both come good because it will help us a lot of they do 

Seen a lot of references to players being better once Naismith comes back. Not that I'm doubting this but we should remember that Naismith is a player we cant really afford in the first place so players need to be able to stand on their own two feet without him, as its unlikely we'll be able to replace that kind of quality in the team when he leaves.

I'm seeing small improvements in Clare as the games go by, but must confess to expecting a lot more, a lot quicker.

The gaffer has done this lad a bit of a disservice by bigging him up to a degree that he seems unable to live up to right now.

That said, I don't understand the rush to write him off after just half a dozen games. What purpose does it serve, other than perhaps offering a handy stick with which to continue beating the manager.

He certainly wouldn't have featured as heavily were it not for our continuing injury problems.

Edited by Cut The Crap

10 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

The gaffer has done this lad a bit of a disservice by bigging him up to a degree that he seems unable to live up to right now.

I do think this is part of the problem.

EastSideJambo
22 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

Seen a lot of references to players being better once Naismith comes back. Not that I'm doubting this but we should remember that Naismith is a player we cant really afford in the first place so players need to be able to stand on their own two feet without him, as its unlikely we'll be able to replace that kind of quality in the team when he leaves.

I'm seeing small improvements in Clare as the games go by, but must confess to expecting a lot more, a lot quicker.

I made this very point last week and some got themselves in a rather agitated state at the very mention of it 

Our wage bill is being augmented by a third party source to have him here 

jack D and coke
29 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I do think this is part of the problem.

Its not gonna help the lad that CL has only went and compared him to possibly the best midfielder ive seen in my time playing for us in Cameron. When mickey didn't play we were genuinely the poorer for it. He now is apparentl,y according to himself a bit Dele Alli and according to Levein Colin Cameron. Youd love to think hes going to turn out like one of them but hes up against it now for sure.

Im also not sure about this getting up to speed, how long does he need, the whole season?  Im honestly not for giving the lad pelters but its his desire to be involved that's concerning for me. Hes not buzzing about looking for the ball and getting into good positions or picking it up and driving forward. You don't expect to see everything coming off when hes trying to get match fit but I want to see just some flashes of what he can bring, ive seen very little if im being honest. 

Ill trust CL's judgement though I hope he comes good.

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Its not gonna help the lad that CL has only went and compared him to possibly the best midfielder ive seen in my time playing for us in Cameron. When mickey didn't play we were genuinely the poorer for it. He now is apparentl,y according to himself a bit Dele Alli and according to Levein Colin Cameron. Youd love to think hes going to turn out like one of them but hes up against it now for sure.

Im also not sure about this getting up to speed, how long does he need, the whole season?  Im honestly not for giving the lad pelters but its his desire to be involved that's concerning for me. Hes not buzzing about looking for the ball and getting into good positions or picking it up and driving forward. You don't expect to see everything coming off when hes trying to get match fit but I want to see just some flashes of what he can bring, ive seen very little if im being honest. 

Ill trust CL's judgement though I hope he comes good.

TBH I wasn't sure if CL was serious when he compared Clare with Colin Cameron.

Seen enough to believe CLs opinion of Clare is correct. He looks better every game. Just some people can't stop having digs at our manager

50 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I made this very point last week and some got themselves in a rather agitated state at the very mention of it 

Our wage bill is being augmented by a third party source to have him here 

Hopefully the return of Uche and arrival of Davie V will help in providing a bit more ball retention in the final 3rd, thus allowing a bit more space for players like Clare to flourish in.

Also agree with Thomaso that CL hasn't really helped Clare's cause either, but you could also argue that he had a reputation before we even signed him.

EastSideJambo
20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Seen enough to believe CLs opinion of Clare is correct. He looks better every game. Just some people can't stop having digs at our manager

I don't believe that's the case 

EastSideJambo
20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I don't believe that's the case 

16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Not every opinion or comment on the performance of a player is a dig at the manager FFS!

Clare was no more than 'ordinary' on Saturday - which actually may well be an improvement on his previous poor performances.

Other than making an excellent back tracking tackle, and missing the target by yards when he was played through, he made very little contribution.

What have you seen in Clare so far that makes you think he is the new Colin Cameron??

19 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

Hopefully the return of Uche and arrival of Davie V will help in providing a bit more ball retention in the final 3rd, thus allowing a bit more space for players like Clare to flourish in.

Also agree with Thomaso that CL hasn't really helped Clare's cause either, but you could also argue that he had a reputation before we even signed him.

TBH I had never heard of him until he was mentioned by CL.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

That said, I don't understand the rush to write him off after just half a dozen games. What purpose does it serve, other than perhaps offering a handy stick with which to continue beating the manager.

He certainly wouldn't have featured as heavily were it not for our continuing injury problems.

That’s the managers fault then, and Clare for comparing himself to Deli Ali. Not sure if Naismith and Uche being fit means he wouldn’t be playing, he’s not a striker. He will get better but really hasn’t shown much at all so far, Wighton even less.

EastSideJambo
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not every opinion or comment on the performance of a player is a dig at the manager FFS!

Clare was no more than 'ordinary' on Saturday - which actually may well be an improvement on his previous poor performances.

Other than making an excellent back tracking tackle, and missing the target by yards when he was played through, he made very little contribution.

What have you seen in Clare so far that makes you think he is the new Colin Cameron??

This is a poster who gets deeply offended though 

I've not seen much at all. We must certainly hope there is much more to come 

29 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

TBH I had never heard of him until he was mentioned by CL.

FWIW, me either.

(I was referring to the supposed reputation he had down south)

On 08/12/2018 at 22:15, Oliver Twist said:

Sean Clare making the JKB experts look more ridiculous by the minute. 

There was never any doubt either.

??????

This. Every player, every time.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

every comment you make about our players is having a go at Levein who you just don't like, which is your right. I support CL as he is our manager and our players as they play for my club. As for Clare, if you can't see his talent then that's fine. I can see him improving every day, more good touches and more involved in the game. As others have said, he would never have been in the first team so quickly if not for our injuries but he is now more than earning his place. Feel free to continue to have a go at CL and his signings, it's a free World 

What I never understand, is the amount of times history repeats itself, and some still don’t recognise the pattern. Players take time to:

1) adjust to a new country’s league

2) reach match sharpness/fitness after an injury

3) gel with a settled group of players

Every single time without fail however, a player in one, two or all of those situations gets written off before they have had a chance to really prove themselves. Not everyone of course, but some more than than others.