Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What I never understand, is the amount of times history repeats itself, and some still don’t recognise the pattern. Players take time to:

1) adjust to a new country’s league

2) reach match sharpness/fitness after an injury

3) gel with a settled group of players

Every single time without fail however, a player in one, two or all of those situations gets written off before they have had a chance to really prove themselves. Not everyone of course, but some more than than others.

Some folk are idiots. 

Same folk that can't connect the dots between our downturn in form with injuries to key players, at the same time. 

In this case, some are also using Clare to have a round about dig at CL to get things cooking on that front, again. 

It's about as subtle as brick in the face as well. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

every comment you make about our players is having a go at Levein who you just don't like, which is your right. I support CL as he is our manager and our players as they play for my club. As for Clare, if you can't see his talent then that's fine. I can see him improving every day, more good touches and more involved in the game. As others have said, he would never have been in the first team so quickly if not for our injuries but he is now more than earning his place. Feel free to continue to have a go at CL and his signings, it's a free World 

So wait a minute 

Levein signs 40 players in 2 years for arguments sake 

Say 3 of them were Oshaniwa, Martin and a one legged, one armed blind Dutchman......bear with me here 

So on your belief the Hearts support cannot have a go at how bad these 3 players are (even though 20k Fans have seen them all play and that the Dutchman is slow, canny header a ball and can't see a through pass we can't express it.....because its having a pop at Levein?

So because we have a negative opinion on some players that are paid with the money the Hearts fans generate by attending games to watch said players  we can't  actually express it as it would be negative towards the manager and that isn't showing him support?

Sounds like a dictatorship to me ?

scott herbertson
6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

TBH I had never heard of him until he was mentioned by CL.

Me neither, and there's not much in the youtube clips to suggest he is anything other than a player we hope to develop.

kenneth makela

He was seen on Liam Bakes on channel 4 tonight  just towards the end. Anyone else catch it?

Edited by kenneth makela

11 minutes ago, kenneth makela said:

He was seen on Liam Bakes on channel 4 tonight  just towards the end. Anyone else catch it?

Is it on repeat?

10 minutes ago, kenneth makela said:

Saw that, had to rewind it but it was him.

jack D and coke
Just now, Lambo85 said:

People on here claiming Clare is the next Colin Cameron?! Deary me. 

From his performances so far? Some people are living in a fantasy world.

It was Levein who said that tbf. 

He really should let the lad build himself up instead of weighing him down with comparisons like that. 

3 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

It was just Levein trying to give him a wee boost, saying that Clare reminded him of Mickey and he loved Mickey.

I thought it was funny because it's Bozanic who's reminding me a wee bit of Mickey just now 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

CL said it, hence the Comparison and discussion. ?

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, kimosavi said:

So wait a minute 

Say 3 of them were Oshaniwa, Martin and a one legged, one armed blind Dutchman......bear with me here 

So on your belief the Hearts support cannot have a go at how bad these 3 players are (even though 20k Fans have seen them all play and that the Dutchman is slow, canny header a ball and can't see a through pass we can't express it.....because its having a pop at Levein?

So because we have a negative opinion on some players that are paid with the money the Hearts fans generate by attending games to watch said players  we can't  actually express it as it would be negative towards the manager and that isn't showing him support?

:trippin:

9 hours ago, kimosavi said:

So wait a minute 

Think you probably want to get the old history books back out Kimosabi. ?

Maybe start with Franco in Spain. Just skip past all the boring nonsense about medical experiments and the like, and go straight to the part where those who opposed him were ridiculed on an Internet forum for talking shite. That was the true atrocity of his reign. 

Failing that, maybe the guy in your avatar? :facepalm:

13 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Some folk are idiots. 

Same folk that can't connect the dots between our downturn in form with injuries to key players, at the same time. 

In this case, some are also using Clare to have a round about dig at CL to get things cooking on that front, again. 

Disagree, there is nobody more critical of CL than me! However, my positive views on Jimmy Dunne have nothing to do with CL and neither  do my negative views on Sean Clare!

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Disagree, there is nobody more critical of CL than me! However, my positive views on Jimmy Dunne have nothing to do with CL and neither  do my negative views on Sean Clare!

Some folk, not all. 

Some can debate separate points without the anti CL agenda creeping in. 

Others, as their posts across multiple threads indicate, cannot. 

34 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Some folk, not all. 

Another exception to your rule here as well!

Mainly I back Levein. I know he tries to sign players who can be brought up (or back up) to their full potential and that could be where we are with Clare and Wighton but I feel free to disagree with those who see things at the moment to back up the build up given to Clare or the positive things said in the past about Wighton. Both may yet turn out ok but I doubt either will be hugely successful. Delighted to be proven wrong.

Is the other side of the usual debate too ready to defend everything about the club? I remember it took some on here a long time to accept that Cathro was a dud. 

I took a long time to accept that Walker's career had nose dived so I can be wrong too?

12 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It was Levein who said that tbf. 

He really should let the lad build himself up instead of weighing him down with comparisons like that. 

Some players react to praise, some to criticism, nobody other than Levein and Clare know the impact of such comments have had on Clare

15 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Some folk are idiots. 

If you are referring to me Chucky, I suggest you check my posts over the last few months where I have been highly complimentary to CL regarding the quality of the starting 11 he put together for this season.  I also fully acknowledge that he has been hammered by injuries to key players - I started a thread on that very subject only a few weeks ago!

I have also praised him for his defence of our Club in the media and also the way he has dealt with other Managers back stabbing comments!

None of the above precludes me from commenting on the performances of players who have come into the team - I call it as I see it - good and bad!

With regards to your final comment I suggest subtlety is not one of your strong suits.

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Some folk, not all. 

And some cannot debate points without having a pop at fellow KBR's who have a different opinion on the quality and performances of some players!

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Some players react to praise, some to criticism, nobody other than Levein and Clare know the impact of such comments have had on Clare

Yeah true mate. Not sure Sean Clare will know much about Colin Cameron though. 

Levein is setting this lad up to fall short for me. Cameron was absolutely tremendous for Hearts, as good as I’ve seen. It’s lofty praise. 

17 hours ago, XB52 said:

every comment you make about our players is having a go at Levein who you just don't like, which is your right. I support CL as he is our manager and our players as they play for my club. As for Clare, if you can't see his talent then that's fine. I can see him improving every day, more good touches and more involved in the game. As others have said, he would never have been in the first team so quickly if not for our injuries but he is now more than earning his place. Feel free to continue to have a go at CL and his signings, it's a free World 

Don't talk absolute drivel.  There are dozens on this thread who like me have expressed concern and disappointment that Clare has shown nothing so far - are they all Levein haters then????

And as for your "having a go at Levein" crap, check my posts over the last few months and you will see I was highly complimentary to CL regarding his excellent signings that had enabled him to put together a starting 11 that in my view could have challenged for the league.

As I said to Chucky, I have also praised CL for standing up to the shit thrown at our Club by other Managers and the media!

I do not however toe the JKB line that all is perfect, and I will continue to give my opinion on the performance of players - which IS my right thank you.

To get back to the point, IN MY OPINION Clare has been extremely disappointing and has contributed nothing to the team so far. As a Hearts fan I hope that changes, however to me he looks more like El Hass than Colin Cameron.

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Perfectly summed up Bob

Chucky thinks you're an "idiot" though.......

40 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Another exception to your rule here as well!

Mainly I back Levein. I know he tries to sign players who can be brought up (or back up) to their full potential and that could be where we are with Clare and Wighton but I feel free to disagree with those who see things at the moment to back up the build up given to Clare or the positive things said in the past about Wighton. Both may yet turn out ok but I doubt either will be hugely successful. Delighted to be proven wrong.

Is the other side of the usual debate too ready to defend everything about the club? I remember it took some on here a long time to accept that Cathro was a dud. 

I took a long time to accept that Walker's career had nose dived so I can be wrong too?

Another excellent post. Those commanding the JKB moral high ground won't agree mind........

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

And some cannot debate points without having a pop at fellow KBR's who have a different opinion on the quality and performances of some players!

People who come on a Hearts forum, want our manager sacked, call him things like a serial loser and insinuate inappropriate affairs and then manage to squeeze thier agenda onto every thread deserve to be called out and taken a pop at. 

Now't wrong with different opinions. 

Think everyone agrees that Clare hasn't produced enough yet. 

The difference is some want him punted and are having a dig at CL for signing him, others are happy to give him time. 

Skippy Doodle

Could you imagine if kickback had been around when we signed flogel?

taken off at Half time on debut then barely seen until autumn to allow him time to adjust. 

He he would have been written off on here after those 45 minutes at Ibrox haha

6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

People who come on a Hearts forum, want our manager sacked, call him things like a serial loser and insinuate inappropriate affairs and then manage to squeeze thier agenda onto every thread deserve to be called out and taken a pop at. 

Now't wrong with different opinions. 

Think everyone agrees that Clare hasn't produced enough yet. 

The difference is some want him punted and are having a dig at CL for signing him, others are happy to give him time. 

I am not one of those "people".

I do not want Clare "punted" however going by what I have seen so far, I am beginning to have doubts that he will turn out to be the exceptional player we were promised.

I will be delighted to be proven wrong.

Clare has been far from impressive so far. Not a single person can honestly dispute that so far.

But I’ve said before, it will be next season before we see how good he really is. He should have settled here and got used to the league by then, and a tough pre-season will do wonders for the lad. Labelling him the new Cameron is putting tremendous pressure on the lad though. Levein must be extremely confident in his abilities to do so.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I am not one of those "people".

I do not want Clare "punted" however going by what I have seen so far, I am beginning to have doubts that he will turn out to be the exceptional player we were promised.

I will be delighted to be proven wrong.

Me too, big doubts but give the lad time ?

Watched the Si Ferry interview with Louis Moult and one of the things he said when he moved up to Scotland was he spent the first few months away from family - no partner etc. which initially made it difficult to settle. Not sure about Clares personal circumstances but Scotland is not England and will no doubt take time to get used to everything here. I don't think its unreasonable to think that is having an impact on him. 

Hope everyone can give him time, Levein wouldn't have signed him 'just cos'. He has ability and could well shine here. 

There are undoubtedly some players who take time to show their true worth. However, usually there are flashes of skill that people can identify. A skillful through ball, immediate control of the football, a burst of pace or just brilliant positioning. I have yet to see a single thing from Clare that makes me believe he will turn into a star player. I may be wrong, but as every game passes I think it is unlikely he will fulfill the potential we expected.

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

There are undoubtedly some players who take time to show their true worth. However, usually there are flashes of skill that people can identify. A skillful through ball, immediate control of the football, a burst of pace or just brilliant positioning. I have yet to see a single thing from Clare that makes me believe he will turn into a star player. I may be wrong, but as every game passes I think it is unlikely he will fulfill the potential we expected.

I'm with you on this. Literally nothing has been in evidence to date. Looks largely on the edge of the game too 

9 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Quite a few of us are on the same hymn sheet here.

33 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Quite a few of us are on the same hymn sheet here.

This is where I'm at.

Every game I just hope he will at least show something, one bit of magic/brilliance to cling on to. Not sure how many minutes he has played but it's a major concern that there hasn't been 1 memorable incident.

38 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

This is where I'm at.

Every game I just hope he will at least show something, one bit of magic/brilliance to cling on to. Not sure how many minutes he has played but it's a major concern that there hasn't been 1 memorable incident.

Do you hate Craig Levein?   :whistling:

19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Do you hate Craig Levein?   :whistling:

Ha.

Quite the opposite. 

Wouldn't want anyone else in charge of us at the minute. Mr Hearts.

1 minute ago, Gorgieshed said:

Ha.

Quite the opposite. 

Wouldn't want anyone else in charge of us at the minute. Mr Hearts.

But....but....you've expressed a bit of disappointment in Clare's performances.......that means you MUST hate Craig Levein...........

:kirk:

22 hours ago, XB52 said:

Utter nonsense! Why is having a view/opinion about a specific player "having a go at Levein?"  People on here should be well aware of my thoughts on CL, which have generally been negative. However, he deserves praise for the team he put together and the style of football played by HIS side before the injuries and for this I give CL credit! But (and it's a big BUT) I have seen Sean Clare in every game he has played for us and he has been murder. You say he has had "more good touches", I haven't seen them and I have been at every match he has participated in, in fact I would go as far as to say at times he looks as if he is trying to avoid getting any touches!

No idea what his contribution to the team is, therefore if this continues and he starts every week because someone, somewhere thinks he is a player (and that might be CL), then I think criticising CL for his team selection is fine and appropriate e.g. there are many on here (inc me) who do not understand why Mitchell plays LB despite many nightmares in that position! I think these people criticising CL for his team selection is fine and appropriate and they can't all be CL haters!

Absolute Scenes
17 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Great, really encouraging 

what to to do is, go up to Sean at next training session and tell him he’ll never be as good as Colin Cameron, tell him anyone who has given any positive praise about his performance are in a fantasy world. I’m sure THAT will make him feel amazing and will suddenly kick him on to be a good player for hearts. Reverse psychology and all that ??

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

But....but....you've expressed a bit of disappointment in Clare's performances.......that means you MUST hate Craig Levein...........

:kirk:

No but it’s the same posters cropping up all over the place to place any bit of negative light on a situation and bring it back to Levein

there are definitely hearts fans on here that will admit they hate him but won’t have a reason for it 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No but it’s the same posters cropping up all over the place to place any bit of negative light on a situation and bring it back to Levein

there are definitely hearts fans on here that will admit they hate him but won’t have a reason for it 

Not sure who the "same posters" are. I like many others on here have posted our disappointment regarding the performances of Sean Clare. According to one on here I have done so solely due to my "hate" for Craig Levein - that is crap and I, and others, have called him out on that!

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

what to to do is, go up to Sean at next training session and tell him he’ll never be as good as Colin Cameron, tell him anyone who has given any positive praise about his performance are in a fantasy world. I’m sure THAT will make him feel amazing and will suddenly kick him on to be a good player for hearts. Reverse psychology and all that ??

Well that's going to happen isn't it!! LOL.

I cannot imagine a more different player than Colin Cameron compared to Sean Clare - he probably has never even heard of Mickey FFS!

Maybe the "reverse psychology" will work (hope it does) - or maybe it just increases fans expectations and heaps pressure on the player.

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Well he compared himself to Dele Alli so he didn’t strike me as being short of confidence and I was keen to see him start playing.  Although i don’t see a player with confidence when he plays, I see a player drifting away from the play looking like Bob said above, like he’s almost trying to avoid getting involved at times. 

Look nobody wants him to be a dud it’s a football forum and people express their views I don’t go to games and give him stick but I’m entitled to say on here that he’s showed zero so far. He might come good, I sincerely hope he comes good, but early signs aren’t that promising to me. 

EastSideJambo
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Well he compared himself to Dele Alli so he didn’t strike me as being short of confidence and I was keen to see him start playing.  Although i don’t see a player with confidence when he plays, I see a player drifting away from the play looking like Bob said above, like he’s almost trying to avoid getting involved at times. 

Look nobody wants him to be a dud it’s a football forum and people express their views I don’t go to games and give him stick but I’m entitled to say on here that he’s showed zero so far. He might come good, I sincerely hope he comes good, but early signs aren’t that promising to me. 

There are some highly sensitive souls on here mate. I'm sure that hasn't escaped your attention! 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

There are some highly sensitive souls on here mate. I'm sure that hasn't escaped your attention! 

Old Chucky can throw about the old “hating Levein” argument but I can honestly say I’ve never wanted Hibs to win their holy grail. 

How you like them apples Chucky :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Old Chucky can throw about the old “hating Levein” argument but I can honestly say I’ve never wanted Hibs to win their holy grail. 

Perfectly juicy. 

I'm happy the way the rangers situation has played out and Continues to do so. 

I'm also happy of disliking rangers more, thought I was clear on that position. 

Hibs are largely an irrelevance to me, although some on here do like to go on about them and the cup win. 

Not sure how hating your own club manager is comparable or relevant in any shape or form. 

EastSideJambo
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It's actually got to the stage where nothing can be said because people take it as "Levein bashing" or "anti Levein agenda"

Wanting Hibs to beat Rangers in a SCF is off the ****ing scale 

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Perfectly juicy. 

I'm happy the way the rangers situation has played out and Continues to do so. 

I'm also happy of disliking rangers more, thought I was clear on that position. 

Hibs are largely an irrelevance to me, although some on here do like to go on about them and the cup win. 

Not sure how hating your own club manager is comparable or relevant in any shape or form. 

It was absolutely mind boggling you wanted that to happen but I think you’re a decent jambo. 

Was just ribbing you a bit tbh ?

People can criticise players and the manager mate in a way you can’t understand, it’s like you wanting something that I will just never ever comprehend either. If I’d lived my entire life without those ***** winning that I’d have died a happy man. 

:fth:

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

It's actually got to the stage where nothing can be said because people take it as "Levein bashing" or "anti Levein agenda"

Bizarro man :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Saying our manager is shagging our chairwomen is off the scale. 

A name change is all good, but like the dead rangers, your past still haunts you. 

?

Now't wrong with wanting rangers not win a bean since their reform. 

Hibs, shit happens. I'm over it. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It was absolutely mind boggling you wanted that to happen but I think you’re a decent jambo. 

Was just ribbing you a bit tbh ?

People can criticise players and the manager mate in a way you can’t understand, it’s like you wanting something that I will just never ever comprehend either. If I’d lived my entire life without those ***** winning that I’d have died a happy man. 

:fth:

The longer the new rangers go without a trophy the better for us all. 

Hibs were an unfortunate casualty ? in continuing that. 

Tbh, sone on here go on about hibs Cup win more than actual hibs fans. 

That is bizarre.