Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

It’s confidence and fitness. He’s got the attributes there. Very positive he will keep improving to the point he’s a star player. Just needs time.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Clare was ordinary at best - saying that it was his best performance so far!

Let's hope he can now move on from the "ordinary" and start showing us he is the player that warranted the fanfare when we signed him.

Bazzas right boot

Tidy on Sunday. 

Nice touches and looked good when on the ball. 

Too timid for me tho and plays on the periphery needs to get involved far more. 

He was on of our few players who  looked up to tbe pace yesterday. 

Many of our players, Mitchell, Haring, godinho, Maclean even Smith looked slow and off the pace compared to rangers. 

Only him and Djoum, although not great looked up to the pace of the game. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

15 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Positive signs today. Thought he linked well and kept the ball better. Mitchell got better after an awful start.

They are all missing Naismith. MacLean I feel sorry for. Utterly predictable since he is our only forward teams are well prepared to combat him and us.

Naismith then Vanecek change the landscape for us a great deal 

Agree with this. Clare seems to be finding his feet and Mitchell definitely showed glimpses of last season's form as the game went on. Just a sin that we lost all our best players at the same time but still hoping for a top 4 finish and, hopefully, a good cup run.  

Really felt for him when he chased a nothing ball and put a good cross in only to find that the nearest Hearts player was just past the centre circle.  Genuinely don’t see the point of playing 4 centre midfielders who seem to need a letter off their ma to get into the opponent box.

Thought he was an excellent in the first 45 and was unlucky to be called offside as well.

Like the rest of the team, he tailed off after Rangers' second.

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Positive signs today. Thought he linked well and kept the ball better. Mitchell got better after an awful start.

They are all missing Naismith. MacLean I feel sorry for. Utterly predictable since he is our only forward teams are well prepared to combat him and us.

Naismith then Vanecek change the landscape for us a great deal 

Agree entirely with this post. Quite looking forward to seeing him and Wighton against Motherwell. If we can turn in a similar performance to that of yesterdays opening 25 mins and the first half against Kilmarnock we will blow Motherwell away. Djoum also had a much improved game but needs to keep getting forward. That's one goal scored, one correctly ruled out and one prevented by a world class save over the last few games.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agree entirely with this post. Quite looking forward to seeing him and Wighton against Motherwell. If we can turn in a similar performance to that of yesterdays opening 25 mins and the first half against Kilmarnock we will blow Motherwell away. Djoum also had a much improved game but needs to keep getting forward. That's one goal scored, one correctly ruled out and one prevented by a world class save over the last few games.

Djoum also had an absolute cracker of a clearance: diving head off our line

Guest Paul Allen

Thought this lad looked much better yesterday. Still not the standard required, but a big improvement so credit is due. Hope he keeps it up and gets better.

35 minutes ago, Doomgoose said:

Djoum also had an absolute cracker of a clearance: diving head off our line

Indeed he did. Maybe he should be put up front with McLean. Allows a midfield four of:

Mitchell Haring Lee Morrison

Definite progress from him. He seems to have got a bit more pace about him. 

Maybe fitness was the issue after his injury. 

Time will tell i suppose. 

The only thing I can say is he’s is improving even if it’s slowly. Game time will build his confidence however he needs to be switched on all the time. Towards the end before he got hooked he looked half asleep. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Without doubt he's getting fitter and stronger every week, a lot of our best stuff in first half had him involved. In fact I thought we should have put him up top and taken the ineffectual McLean off..

Edited by feedthefox

Good today.

That burst of pace in the second half to track back and win the tackle was excellent.

Still a lot to improve on but he's getting there.

There's definitely a player there.  Getting better every week, just needs to get some confidence back and he'll be a major asset.  He's not done a huge amount yet but the technique, pace and decision making is now visible.

Much better today when the ball was on the ground.  Also learned that the fans will cheer a solid tackle like they would a goal. Won a fair few headers too. Got a feeling he's starting to "get" us.

pettigrewsstylist
On 02/12/2018 at 21:42, been here before said:

Perhaps a little better today.

Still not getting the hype though.

This totally.

He’s starting to get that bit sharper with every game. Confident that he’ll be an important player for us once he gets to full fitness. 

And when he has better players around him to feed off. 

Ministry of Football

First half was passable, second half really poor yet again. 

I wish we could work out what his best position actually is. 

48 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I find Clare confusing me s little. He’s looked pretty poor to bang average based on performances.

That said he has touches and plays in a way that suggest he has a lot more to offer. He looks like a players who is trying to find his form/fitness but has the ability. A positive result probably help as well.

I think/hope he will come good for us. Like others he will benefit from a few players coming back/into team.

He hasnt been anywhere near fully fit and has been getting minutes more often than was planned due to our injuries...his performances reflect that lack of fitness...

Naismith was poor last season for the same reason....chill, the boy will come good in time and be a big asset....

There's a fair bit of uncertainty apparent in his game just now, he's a bit reactive instead of being sure of himself and being proactive. As someone else said above, once he realises he'll get roared to the rafters for chasing down and getting tackles in it'll put him on the front foot a bit more often and who knows, maybe we'll see him shine. I still have high hopes for him, there's something in there

47 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

He hasnt been anywhere near fully fit and has been getting minutes more often than was planned due to our injuries...his performances reflect that lack of fitness...

Naismith was poor last season for the same reason....chill, the boy will come good in time and be a big asset....

Exactly!

A pre-season and we'll see a big difference.

Needs to find a pair of testicles to compete at this level in Scottish football. Off the pace in large parts of the game and unwilling to give or take the knocks. Steep learning curve but needs to start earning his wage. Hope it works out for him but to date looks like a rabbit in the headlights

6 minutes ago, gedster said:

Needs to find a pair of testicles to compete at this level in Scottish football. Off the pace in large parts of the game and unwilling to give or take the knocks. Steep learning curve but needs to start earning his wage. Hope it works out for him but to date looks like a rabbit in the headlights

You're right. We all completely imagined him racing back into the midfield to win that tackle. Despite the Motherwell player having a few yards on him. 

Give the boy a break. He’s adjusting to a new style of football with new team mates. After having spent the better part of 6 months out with a serious injury. 

12 minutes ago, saxondale said:

He’s looking better game by game.

His tackle was quality as well.

Without a doubt. Improving every game. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Today was probably his best game so far and he looked much more up to the pace of the play. There wasn't much in the way of meaty challenges in the game but he looked more capable of dealing with the physical aspects of the game and that is due to improved fitness and game time. 

John mcCartney

if the lad had any class ,he would have stuck that away at the end of the game

cat amongst pigeons..........

i like him ,good technique altho he wants to get up to speed where he starts to dominate games

I think people forget or underestimate just how frantic and 100mph Scottish football is. If you are used to having time on the ball and time to think etc then it’s a proper culture shock. The boys came into the team way before he was ready, been asked to play in a position he isn’t used to in a league he has no clue about. I won’t judge a thing he does till he’s fully fit and we have players around him who can guide him through matches. 

I know a lot of fans are expecting  more from him because of the rep he had when we signed him. I get that, but I think he'll be a top player for us, he'll just take a wee bit more time to settle in. He's shown glimpses of what he can do, it's all up to him to want to be the main man and produce it on a consistent level.

Sean Clare making the JKB experts look more ridiculous by the minute. 

There was never any doubt either.

??????

25 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

??????

Lol. Slaughtered for having an opinion... it's the Kickback way .....happy clapping the order of the day on occasion. .....hope the guy comes good as we can't afford any more crap signings

40 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

??????

Depends on whether you are referring to those experts who think he is coming good?

Still with him as the new Colin Cameron and possibly Wighton as the new Robbo how can we fail? 

Hope he does progress to the player we hoped we had but so far observations by former Sheffield Wed player that he is way too good for Hearts seem improbable.

PS I would love him to be as good as CC

The Future's Maroon

I’ll take Craig Levein’s judgement on him over anyone on here, he WILL become a great player for Hearts.

Source: Craig Levein ?

28 minutes ago, gedster said:

Lol. Slaughtered for having an opinion... it's the Kickback way .....happy clapping the order of the day on occasion. .....hope the guy comes good as we can't afford any more crap signings

Filed under clueless.

9 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Depends on whether you are referring to those experts who think he is coming good?

Still with him as the new Colin Cameron and possibly Wighton as the new Robbo how can we fail? 

Hope he does progress to the player we hoped we had but so far observations by former Sheffield Wed player that he is way too good for Hearts seem improbable.

PS I would love him to be as good as CC

Filed under moronic clueless doomongering skidmark.

I think he would be suited to a right wing back role if we needed to play Smith in the centre again.

Edited by dsk1210

Bazzas right boot

The boy is Tom kite. 

Needs punted. 

Can take Wighton, Mulraney, Lee and martin with him too. 

Absolutely Donkey dick. 

CL should get sacked anaw for signing him and Wighton for cash, that's with ma money he's signing  these wage feefs with. 

He's played about 6 full games--that's enuff , this injury for a year thing and playing for another team. In a different league and him being only 21 is just typical CL sympathiser excuses. 

Colin Cameron, more like Colleen Cameron. 

Dennis Wyness used to the shite

Then he was alright

...and there is your parable for the festive season. 

We're are hard club to make a name for yourself at when you've not had much experience. Our fans expectations were very high with our start to the season and hes come here with a reputation as a player with potential (as has Wighton)Maybe a spell at somewhere like Raith or Dunfermline would give the guy a chance to cut his teeth and gain confidence. 

That shot he took with his left was a sign that he is short on confidence just now. A half chance that he should have tested the keeper or cut back on to his right foot. Instead he snatched at it out of desperation into the side netting.

30 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Thought he showed lots of decent flashes against Rangers. Shite again today, though. 

A couple more flashes today. Started to show the turn of pace and ability to glide forward with the ball that he's meant to be known for. I think he will come good. The player, other than Djoum and Maclean, who will benefit most from the return of Naismith. We've had 9 different goal scorers in the league thus far, I think Clare, Mitchell and Morrison will all get on the scoresheet soon as well.

59 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

The boy is Tom kite. 

Needs punted. 

Can take Wighton, Mulraney, Lee and martin with him too. 

Absolutely Donkey dick. 

CL should get sacked anaw for signing him and Wighton for cash, that's with ma money he's signing  these wage feefs with. 

He's played about 6 full games--that's enuff , this injury for a year thing and playing for another team. In a different league and him being only 21 is just typical CL sympathiser excuses. 

Colin Cameron, more like Colleen Cameron. 

arse