Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

13 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Pretty obvious reasons. 

we are short on forward options atm

Naismith and ulche are Injured. DV doesn't join until January. 

If they hadn't been injured, Clare and Wighton would be playing reserves / being introduced gradually. 

Dunno why this needs explained. 

He isn't playing like a forward option, though.  There were a couple of times on Saturday when he was so deep I thought we'd signed a new centre back.

He can still turn out to be a great signing, if fitness and match-sharpness are the issues.  But if they are, I'd rather he did extra training and reserves games in the mantime.  He's not a better option in the middle than Cochrane at this juncture.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

The Future's Maroon
21 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

That is just blind faith. There is not even a granule of evidence he will come good. Players who have been good prior to signing usually just get shite under Levein and the hippy.

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein is going to bankrupt us with all the utter dross he is spunking our money on.

Granted he hasn’t hit the ground running, but give him time ffs (that is not just aimed at you).

as for the horrible digs at our management/coaching team? WTF, I wonder if your account has been hacked by a Hibs fan or if you are just trying to cause arguements. A wee bad run of results and the pitchforks are back out....how much of this type of chat did you come out with while we were sitting top, unbeaten and scoring goals?

That is just blind faith. There is not even a granule of evidence he will come good. Players who have been good prior to signing usually just get shite under Levein and the hippy.

IYou've got your mojo back, reverting to playground name-calling.

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein is going to bankrupt us with all the utter dross he is spunking our money on.

Paying someone 100k to clean the windows in the new stand more likely to bankrupt us.

2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Granted he hasn’t hit the ground running, but give him time ffs (that is not just aimed at you).

as for the horrible digs at our management/coaching team? WTF, I wonder if your account has been hacked by a Hibs fan or if you are just trying to cause arguements. A wee bad run of results and the pitchforks are back out....how much of this type of chat did you come out with while we were sitting top, unbeaten and scoring goals?

Re your second para, I've just made the same point.  i8 often referred to 'the hippy' when Cathro was here.  He had another clever name for Cathro.  But hippy, cause the guy's got long hair, right?  You gotta admit it's funny.

:sadrobbo:

8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

A bad run of results! After our nil all round performance on Sunday we will have went 10 hours without a goal. That is not a bad run of results that is just being all round shiters. Just because we have lost our top guns the other players have shat it. Not one stepped up to the plate. Not even Djoum who I have now washed my hands off. Since Naismith hobbled off at Murrayfield we have got 1 point, scored 0 and coneded 11. I guess the question is how many can we stop Rangere scoring on Sunday. 

My prediction is that by tea time Sunday we will have dropped to 4th, scored 0, conceded 14 and won one point since the second we lost Naismith. Our management team have been scratching their heads for weeks, they simply have no plan B without Uche and Naismith.

A quick look at Kickback and I can see all the usual negative trolls are in their element.  Must be a shite time for them when we are doing well.

And there it is. A few defeats and you are back with the childish names.

Your posts carry absolutely no weight or credence because you are a grown adult who refers to staff of the club you support like a 7 year old who was upset would. Honestly what is wrong with you?

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Sammon 

Oshaniwa 

Martin 

Wighton 

Now Clare 

Easily over a million in spunked wages 

Aye, but we’ll turn a blind eye to the money we’ll make from Haring, Uche and Souttar which is likely to brush that outlay aside three times over.

I get that it’s frustrating at the moment, but turning on Levein’s summer recruitment when a few weeks ago folk were hailing him is knee jerk at best.  

Did folk think we’d go the whole season undefeated?

4 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

The attention seeking I8 is in full flow on this thread. 

Levein will bankrupt us!!!!!:vrwow:

I know it's almost as if hes been praying for a run of bad results .

Surely not ?

On 25/11/2018 at 09:15, gowestjambo said:

McLean was signed as a Striker. His job is to score goals. He was never prolific in any case, surely we could have signed a proper Striker.

Wighton and Clare have shown zero ability when on the park. If anyone thinks they will come good then thats up to them. It was like playing with 8 men yesterday.

Completely agree that Naismith has been fantastic so far this season. Even last year his quality was there to see. (Unlike Clare and Wighton)

Sorry but I don’t just expect goals from a striker. Both Wighton and Maclean like to drop deep rather than lead the line so they’d suit playing with Uche rather than each other. Maclean was signed as back up but due to injuries he’s having to play more than expected. Both were poor yesterday but overall Maclean has been fine this season.

Clare hadn’t played in months before signing, let’s give him time. He’s played 1 game in his natural position. Remember when everybody was creaming themselves about Tziolis after a few games, that exactly didn’t work out well did it? Give the laddie time and let’s see what he can do.

Edited by Ari Gold

58 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

And there it is. A few defeats and you are back with the childish names.

Your posts carry absolutely no weight or credence because you are a grown adult who refers to staff of the club you support like a 7 year old who was upset would. Honestly what is wrong with you?

He's just upset .

The wee snowflake that he is ?

The problem is that at a time when we are missing our best players, we really needed Clare and Wightman to step up and show us what they can do.

So far they have unfortunately been miserable failures summed up by being hauled off the park by Levein on Saturday.

Clare came with a fantastic reputation however, despite cutting him a bit of slack, he has not shown one ounce of football ability - you don't forget to play football regardless of the time out of the game. Hopefully he comes good, but I fear we have another El Hass on our hands.

As for Wightman I was baffled why we would sign a guy who only scored only 5 goals in umpteen games for Dundee. He is lightweight and timid, and Levein has now come our telling us he has "bad habits".  I think we have another Gavin Reilly on our hands unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Aye, but we’ll turn a blind eye to the money we’ll make from Haring, Uche and Souttar which is likely to brush that outlay aside three times over.

I get that it’s frustrating at the moment, but turning on Levein’s summer recruitment when a few weeks ago folk were hailing him is knee jerk at best.  

No - but I did not think we would fail to score in 5 games in a row!

Hackney Hearts
36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No - but I did not think we would fail to score in 5 games in a row!

We did score against Kilmarnock and St Mirren, to be fair.

(and arguably against Hibs)

Clare isn't ready to be starting and that's visible, I'm sure it we didn't have all the injuries then Levein would have been sticking to his plan to ease him very slowly. It seems to me that it's the speed of the game hes struggling with just now, I think that will come with time,  I sometimes think we have the harshest of fans. 

As for Wighton, I didnt think he was the right signing for us when we signed him,  but I think if we can get his confidence up then we might just have a cracking player. He showed some really nice flashes during the first half against Killie, and I've seen him have a couple of really good games for the reserves 

2 hours ago, jambogemz said:

The attention seeking I8 is in full flow on this thread. 

Levein will bankrupt us!!!!!:vrwow:

What do you expect from someone who's been hiding at the bottom of the sewer until we hit a bad patch?

Objectivity??? 

Not a scoobie!

I8 and JiH are top of my Ignore list.  I just wish people would stop quoting their drivel.  They would appear to be in their element.  

36 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:facepalm:

28 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Clare isn't ready to be starting and that's visible, I'm sure it we didn't have all the injuries then Levein would have been sticking to his plan to ease him very slowly. It seems to me that it's the speed of the game hes struggling with just now, I think that will come with time,  I sometimes think we have the harshest of fans. 

As for Wighton, I didnt think he was the right signing for us when we signed him,  but I think if we can get his confidence up then we might just have a cracking player. He showed some really nice flashes during the first half against Killie, and I've seen him have a couple of really good games for the reserves 

I get the bit that Clare has been injured and needs game time.  I can accept that, however he has played a good few matches now and not once has he shown one bit of exceptional football ability or touch - that surely never leaves you if you are a quality player.  Time will tell and I hope he is not another El Hass.

As for Wighton he is lightweight and timid, and looks nowhere near the standard of Hearts. Unfortunately with Naismith and Uche out the focus has been on him and so far he has made no positive contribution to the team.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Some fairly severe mood swings going on this season.

I’m surprised that anyone thought our start to the season was a fair reflection of our actual ability. I’m equally surprised that people can’t see that injuries are making us look worse than we are.

All things being equal, we’ll finish 3rd/4th this season, behind the Old Firm. Injuries might drag us down further but even so, we’re in the inevitable ballpark 

Hackney Hearts
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

:facepalm:

Not sure what this means....

You said you didn't expect to fail to score in 5 games. Two of those games were against Celtic, so it's always a possibility against them. I was just pointing out that we scored goals in the other three, and suffered at the hands (eyes) of the officials. Just tough luck maybe, but in each case it would have affected the outcome or momentum of the game. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I think some of the spamheids did and the others that jump on the anti CL bandwagon just are not Hearts fans.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A bad run of results! After our nil all round performance on Sunday we will have went 10 hours without a goal. That is not a bad run of results that is just being all round shiters. Just because we have lost our top guns the other players have shat it. Not one stepped up to the plate. Not even Djoum who I have now washed my hands off. Since Naismith hobbled off at Murrayfield we have got 1 point, scored 0 and coneded 11. I guess the question is how many can we stop Rangere scoring on Sunday. 

My prediction is that by tea time Sunday we will have dropped to 4th, scored 0, conceded 14 and won one point since the second we lost Naismith. Our management team have been scratching their heads for weeks, they simply have no plan B without Uche and Naismith.

I8 as soon as we hit a slump!

200w.gif

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

6 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Sammon 

Oshaniwa 

Martin 

Wighton 

Now Clare 

Easily over a million in spunked wages 

True but Craig Levein only has responsibility for signing Clare, the rest were cathro and Neilson signings.

11 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

True but Craig Levein only has responsibility for signing Clare, the rest were cathro and Neilson signings.

He also signed Wighton did he not??

19 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Who signed Wighton then? Add Amankwaa to that list as well.

Edited by Lambo85

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

I8 and JiH are top of my Ignore list.  I just wish people would stop quoting their drivel.  They would appear to be in their element.  

Can't believe anyone would put JiH on ignore.  How else will you see all the questions that Hearts fans want asked?

5 hours ago, Haken said:

IYou've got your mojo back, reverting to playground name-calling.

Paying someone 100k to clean the windows in the new stand more likely to bankrupt us.

D

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I fully understand the frustrations particularly when at St Mirren we were rank awful. It defies belief however that as soon as results don’t go our way then the attacker’s on CL start. In addition it is all very well having a go and everyone is entitled to their opinion but it would mean more if you actually came up with an alternative approach to who plays where and how or indeed if you are hell bent on hanging CL out to dry who would you have to replace him. It is easy to criticize but not so easy to back it up with viable alternatives. It just becomes quite tedious to be honest .

Edited by NEWSTAND
Misspell

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We could start an entire thread on it. Perry Kitchen was approved by him too. So many players that done so little for us they were basically just given a free long term holiday to Edinburgh.

20 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I really have to laugh at this shit. Suddenly we are al experts in Scottish football. Give the guy a chance ffs. Judge him after a season not just after a few outings. Too many fair weather jambos on here for my liking! Half of you never grew up or watched us back in the 70’s! Maybe back then you’d have something to cry over but as of now....,give it a rest! I hope SC turns good just to shut all the non believers TFU! 

This absolutely. Reason why I only drop in occasionally. I suppose some people feel it is their right to constantly criticise players online and during games.  Doesn't help anyone guys so give it ****ing rest !

Edited by Lightbulb

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think some of the spamheids did and the others that jump on the anti CL bandwagon just are not Hearts fans.

How can you state that because fans are not in agreement with your thoughts they are not Hearts fans. That's a ridiculous statement considering you don't even know the fans your talking about. I'm a season ticket holder, a FoH donator and a shareholder. I'm neither a CL hater or lover therefore I am not a Hearts fan. Get a grip.  

4 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Mmmmm if you believe that you'll believe anything 

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully the team has more of a spine than so e posters on herku

We're going to be in a battle with Killie, Aberdeen and hi s for third. Injuries have blown apart any whiiff of a league challenge and maybe even a chance at keeping rangers down behind us. 

That is what most expected. 

The cumulative effect of losing Berra, Souttar, Naismith, along with ulche and not getting DV in after Lafferty left is now showing. 

Really bum luck imo, but you can either grow a pair and get behind the team to help us get through a tough month or moan, cry and argue like a little bitch. 

10 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Add el-hasnoui and tzolis

Minus the £750k we got for Lafferty, then add in the Jamie Walker and Isma Concalves and we’re back in the black with a new stand and playing surface under our belts. . CL knows what he’s doing so give the guy a break! Wasn’t that long ago he told us to strap in for another two hard years. Yet 11 games in to these two hard years, we were top of the league and kick backers had us winning the league. 

I want a decent cup run and Europe next year. That’s achievable even with all our injuries.......and even if it’s not, I’ll still be there home and away every week! Get behind the team instead of constantly slagging of the club you’re meant to love! 

16 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Mmmmm if you believe that you'll believe anything 

Back to this ‘puppet’ crap now that we’ve lost a few games then? How original.

14 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

He'll be wiping his tears away with his AFCON winners medal as we speak.

Nice personal insult.

As for the bit in bold,  you have just summed up Djoum at our club - I rest my case.

6 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Eh no we didn’t. If we are starting to count disallowed goals then we must be toiling. 

5 games is a bit too many, why has our midfield play slowed down so much? just because our regular forwards aren't there the midfield could at least get the ball forward as fast to the others who have come in, it's like watching paint dry waiting on them shifting the ball through or  backing up the forwards.

Ministry of Football
7 hours ago, scotty2442 said:

El-Hass showed nice flashes and is actually remembered for one single pass, as he achieved sod all else. The bottom line however, he was absolutely rank. 

Wighton was distinctly ordinary at Dundee, according to Dundee supporters and he is clearly miles out of his depth here. Clare looks exactly the same. 

There are times when you need to call a spade a spade, Wighton and Clare are not for for purpose. Another couple of duds, we wasted money on

Edited by Ministry of Football

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

How can you state that because fans are not in agreement with your thoughts they are not Hearts fans. That's a ridiculous statement considering you don't even know the fans your talking about. I'm a season ticket holder, a FoH donator and a shareholder. I'm neither a CL hater or lover therefore I am not a Hearts fan. Get a grip.  

It's an opinion on a message board. Deal with it! 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Craig Gordons Gloves

It might just be age but i recall us usually always having a poor time around the autumn regardless of manager/players.  It's unfortunate that Clare and Wighton have become the focal point of this poor time this season around. I personally don't think that we'll see much from Wighton and his Hearts career will unfortunately end in failure (that's an opinion, not a scientific fact).  With Clare, i think he'll come good and we'll see a very good player emerge once the team is playing well again.  

Hackney Hearts
15 hours ago, rick witter said:

Eh no we didn’t. If we are starting to count disallowed goals then we must be toiling. 

We ARE toiling. Which is why I reserve the right to feel aggrieved about a string of disallowed goals (on top of a string of long term injuries). We still might not have been purring about our performances, still plenty to argue about re players, signings, tactics etc - but those goals could have given us an extra 5 or 6 points and seen us still lead the table.

:lol: when we were buzzing, sitting top of the league and scoring goals for fun, Levein was a Manager who had recruited excellently in the summer, and knew exactly how to build a side to compete in this division.

A run of 5 games without a result and it's back to Levein isn't the man, all his signings are duds, and he should **** off, etc, etc.

I know football is all about opinions, and I respect that, but not so long ago pretty much everyone on here was in agreement that Levein had finally got it right! Surely a few bad results, with all the shocking injuries we have, isn't enough to suddenly change so many opinions? 

We have a large number of fans who can't wait to put the boot into the manager and players who haven't quite produced yet. Players need time, especially younger ones.

16 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

El-Hass showed nice flashes and is actually remembered for one single pass, as he achieved sod all else. The bottom line however, he was absolutely rank. 

Wighton was distinctly ordinary at Dundee, according to Dundee supporters and he is clearly miles out of his depth here. Clare looks exactly the same. 

There are times when you need to call a spade a spade, Wighton and Clare are not for for purpose. Another couple of duds, we wasted money on

I fear you may be proven to be correct.

57 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

:lol: when we were buzzing, sitting top of the league and scoring goals for fun, Levein was a Manager who had recruited excellently in the summer, and knew exactly how to build a side to compete in this division.

A run of 5 games without a result and it's back to Levein isn't the man, all his signings are duds, and he should **** off, etc, etc.

I know football is all about opinions, and I respect that, but not so long ago pretty much everyone on here was in agreement that Levein had finally got it right! Surely a few bad results, with all the shocking injuries we have, isn't enough to suddenly change so many opinions? 

We have a large number of fans who can't wait to put the boot into the manager and players who haven't quite produced yet. Players need time, especially younger ones.

Correct. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Yip, the only conclusion is that they hate Craig Levein and/or no very little about football. 

24 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yip, the only conclusion is that they hate Craig Levein and/or no very little about football. 

Not necessarily.

As I have stated before I am cutting CL a load of slack as he had put together a cracking starting 11 with some shrewd signings. That starting 11 has been decimated by injuries to arguably our best 4 players, and as a result it was unavoidable that we could not retain our leading position in the league.

My only beef is that the back up players we have signed have totally failed to make an impression. Clare has been training with us for 3 months so surely must be physically fit by now. He has also appeared in numerous games now and has yet to show any inkling of football ability whatsoever.

As for Wighton he is just so lightweight and timid - surely there were better options for us to sign. With our budget contraints was it good value to sign a player who obviously has "bad habits" and needs developing?

Anyway we have been crushed by injuries particularly Uche and Naismith which is a huge disappointment to CL and us all.