Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

On 12/12/2018 at 07:36, kimosavi said:

See I'm no buying this

So the 1st year at a club is a write off then, for the player  time to get up to speed and adjust

Is that why we've been so keen to hand out shreeeeeee year deals then 

Any professional players need a matter of months to adjust maximum sean clare just isnt as good as we've been told..

He's been out injured as well in fairness. Say he gets his fitness back at a 1:1 ratio whilst also adapting to a new country, team and league and then getting the sharpness back it's no surprise he hasn't hit the ground running yet.

I reckon he'll end up a really good player. What does concern me is that it may not be with us. We've got him on a 2 year deal (I think) and given the time to adapt he'll be halfway through his deal before he's much use to us and will have zero resale value. Quite an investment of time and money to get a season out of someone. If it were a 3 year deal I could see the merits but just not sure I can see the benefit of what we've done. Hopefully he has such a good year next season that it will have been worth it anyway.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He's been out injured as well in fairness. Say he gets his fitness back at a 1:1 ratio whilst also adapting to a new country, team and league and then getting the sharpness back it's no surprise he hasn't hit the ground running yet.

I reckon he'll end up a really good player. What does concern me is that it may not be with us. We've got him on a 2 year deal (I think) and given the time to adapt he'll be halfway through his deal before he's much use to us and will have zero resale value. Quite an investment of time and money to get a season out of someone. If it were a 3 year deal I could see the merits but just not sure I can see the benefit of what we've done. Hopefully he has such a good year next season that it will have been worth it anyway.

It is a three year deal... all is good 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It says 3 years on his wiki page. 

Its hard to believe this guy has only made 23 appearances in his career and only 5 of them were for Sheff Weds with 1 goal.

The rest at Gillingham, Bury and Accrington Stanley. He’s scored 3 career goals....

Im as hopeful as the next man here. 

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It says 3 years on his wiki page. 

Its hard to believe this guy has only made 23 appearances in his career and only 5 of them were for Sheff Weds with 1 goal.

The rest at Gillingham, Bury and Accrington Stanley. He’s scored 3 career goals....

Im as hopeful as the next man here. 

17 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It is a three year deal... all is good 

Ah good. Delighted with that ??

4 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

Some folk have maroon tinted glasses on and simply can't see reality. 

So far Clare has shown absolutely nothing to justify anything you have said. 

Unlike Wighton, he has shown the occasional flashes of quality, but they have been fleeting. Normally he is like playing with a man down. 

I think that's  bollocks.

I've seen enough of him live and enough of him on Video to 100% know he will be a top top quality player for Hearts. 

4 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

Some folk have maroon tinted glasses on and simply can't see reality. 

So far Clare has shown absolutely nothing to justify anything you have said. 

Unlike Wighton, he has shown the occasional flashes of quality, but they have been fleeting. Normally he is like playing with a man down. 

If your indicating that Wighton is a better player than Clare,  you'd better go watch Berwick Rangers. 

Clare is and will be continue to be head and shoulders above Wighton. He'll come good and will be a main stay in this team in 2019.

15 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Are people forgetting it took half a season and a pre season for Naismith(already proven in the SPL) to find his full match fitness and best performances?

Really hate Hearts fans sometimes. 

But through some rusty performances you still saw telling quality, leadership and goals.

Clare will get time , but like one or two others in the squad, it looks like he lacks a bit tenacity, a willingness to impose himself strongly. 

Maybe his confidence isn’t quite there yet but I’m always wary of players who always have to rely on full confidence to contribute tellingly. 

You can carry one or two like that in a squad but you need more players in the mould of being fearless and self confident.  

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Deal. If he's been told he can find a new club but still here you take the win.

You're on Herbert 

If he has to retire god forbid £50 each to Big Hearts

4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Just as well you're no making it then 

I can only assume that by suggesting the bet be worth £100, you thought the other poster would pull out or not reply. Unless we sell him which is unlikely he will definitely be a Hearts player next season. May as well pay up now?

Edited by Bad Religion

8 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

I've not seen anyone suggest players are robots. I've seen several posts stating they haven't even seen glimpses from Clare. That's two very different things being thrown together in an attempt to have a dash at fellow fans 

Just as well we've got such uber fans 

Uber? Such as that complete welt Spencer who suggested Craig Levein was knobbing Ann Budge?

Do you remember Spencer Eastside? He was extremely uber.

I think Clare will come good. A goal would help his confidence a lot.

Think he'll look a different player when he has Naismith, Uche and Vanecek to play off

45 minutes ago, kila said:

I think Clare will come good. A goal would help his confidence a lot.

Think he'll look a different player when he has Naismith, Uche and Vanecek to play off

Great post.  Was signed to play off a striker, we’ll see more from him soon.

2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

I can only assume that by suggesting the bet be worth £100, you thought the other poster would pull out or not reply. Unless we sell him which is unlikely he will definitely be a Hearts player next season. May as well pay up now?

The exact opposite i was pooping myself he'd want higher than £100 

I'm old Skool and a man off my word 

If he stays I'll pay up trust me 

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I was the same ? I was worried you were gonna say 2-300. But on the back of the bet i signed up I've volunteered my time and skills by offering free haircuts to needy kids going back to school at the end of the holidays.

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

I was the same ? I was worried you were gonna say 2-300. But on the back of the bet i signed up I've volunteered my time and skills by offering free haircuts to needy kids going back to school at the end of the holidays.

Glad you guys are doing this in the right spirit, here's to you and Big Hearts

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

Bravo ??? 

58 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Glad you guys are doing this in the right spirit, here's to you and Big Hearts

Well said, a constructive way to conclude a debate instead of endless name-calling, like it

41 minutes ago, geomac said:

Well said, a constructive way to conclude a debate instead of endless name-calling, like it

Some people just ooze class ?

Can anyone explain why Clare was a free agent yet cost us a 6 figure ‘compensation cross border fee’? Why is that fee in place and what’s its purpose? 

Mr Brightside
39 minutes ago, Doug297 said:

Can anyone explain why Clare was a free agent yet cost us a 6 figure ‘compensation cross border fee’? Why is that fee in place and what’s its purpose? 

Any player under 24 who leaves under freedom of contract attracts a compensation fee. If it’s a cross border transfer the fee is fixed based on club sizes and time spent at the club. Domestic moves can go to a tribunal and the fee is often larger.

Absolutely laughable effort at Menga’s goal.

But aye, anyone judging him on the utter shite he is producing on the pitch is clueless etc. etc.. “Sean Clare will be an outstanding player for Hearts, its really that simple”. ???

Henry. Henry.
7 minutes ago, old school tie said:

Kenny Anderson mark II.

Anderson made a contribution. Scoring an important goal at Livy ironically.  This character is an imposter. 

6 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Yep Sean Clare coming on cost us 5 goals....

Not sure anyone is saying that.

However, if they were, it wouldn’t be any more ridiculous than some of the smug posts on this thread telling the uneducated masses how good a player he is. 

Clark Griswold

He cost us the second by passing it directly to their player and then not bothering his arse to get back and defend it. 

Just now, Peebo said:

Not sure anyone is saying that.

However, if they were, it wouldn’t be any more ridiculous than some of the smug posts on this thread telling the uneducated masses how good a player he is. 

In fairness the folks, me being one of the biggest, have mostly said he's showing improvement and he has the potential to be a very decent player for Hearts. It's a far cry from saying he's the finished article. Far far far worse on show tonight than Clare.

best in the land
4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Lafferty wanted to go. And I was glad to see him go. 

He never performed 100% every game for us. 

Maybe  so but to waste the cash on transfers for these two clowns is unacceptable 

1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

In fairness the folks, me being one of the biggest, have mostly said he's showing improvement and he has the potential to be a very decent player for Hearts. It's a far cry from saying he's the finished article. Far far far worse on show tonight than Clare.

In fairness, this is the Sean Clare thread...

Personally, I’ve seen some flashes of ability but not steady improvement. And I have yet to see anything to convince me he’ll be a very decent player for Hearts. I’ve seen quite a few performances to suggest he’ll be even more of an over-hyped disappointment than Oshaniwa. 

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Personally, I’ve seen some flashes of ability but not steady improvement. And I have yet to see anything to convince me he’ll be a very decent player for Hearts. I’ve seen quite a few performances to suggest he’ll be even more of an over-hyped disappointment than Oshaniwa. 

Fair enough old boy I can see, based on raw evidence, why you'd say that, so perhaps it's more on gut and of course my rapier eye for a player that I see it differently. Let's hope for both our sakes I'm proven right.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

He won’t make it here. Has shown absolutely zero. People suggesting he’s been getting better are having a ****ing laugh. 

Doesnt have any tenacity to his play he jogs around on the edge of a game. This is as high a level he’ll ever play at imo. 

Id really love to be wrong but each time I see him I’m more convinced he just doesn’t have it. 

3 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Fair enough old boy I can see, based on raw evidence, why you'd say that, so perhaps it's more on gut and of course my rapier eye for a player that I see it differently. Let's hope for both our sakes I'm proven right.

I hope so, too. He has looked like an absolute imposter so far, though. I don’t hold out much hope. But then, I’m only going on raw evidence of his performances on the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Neither Clare or Wighton haven't shown up yet, and they might or might not.

But identifying and signing players is probably harder than you think it is. It is a tough market, wage wise that Hearts are in.

Dolly Menga.........I'd have him in the team before Clare and Wighton just now. Must be on about £900 per week

cardboardcutout

Player spotting? Right here goes Ryan Hardie better, Chris cadden better, shankland better plus a few of each of our much smaller premier league competitors. The FoH give hearts free money to make us better than anyone outside the old firm. It’s inexcusable to be so poor!

12 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Neither Clare or Wighton haven't shown up yet, and they might or might not.

But identifying and signing players is probably harder than you think it is. It is a tough market, wage wise that Hearts are in.

Did you notice any Livingston players tonight? I wonder where they came from and how much they cost?????

Just now, Zlatanable said:

What did you reckon to Conor Sammon and John Sutton?

For us......................both extremely poor that's why they got punted on loan.

23 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Correct but Hughes is nearly 40 , so he's got an excuse for being crap.

Clare ran him a good second.

I have tried my hardest to defend him and I still cling onto hope but by god the way he lost  possession and the attempt to win it back was horrendous 

Aint going to make it here