hthejambo

Sean Clare ( merged )

Dannie Boy

He ghosted past a few today like they weren’t there. He was my only bright spot today along with Dikamona. 

tartofmidlothian

Get a quality team around him firing on all cylinders and I think Clare will add something extra special. He's not the guy to make things happen when everyone around him isn't at the races though, he's no Cameron, Hartley or Naismith.

jamboj

He's got the heart of a mouse and the football brain of Chick Young. I've been patient with him, but unless there is a massive change in attitude and a willingness to handle the physical side of the game, he will not succeed in Scottish football. 

PB21
6 minutes ago, jamboj said:

He's got the heart of a mouse and the football brain of Chick Young. I've been patient with him, but unless there is a massive change in attitude and a willingness to handle the physical side of the game, he will not succeed in Scottish football. 

Behave...... clearly not watching the guy play..... get a grip.

jamboj
1 minute ago, PB21 said:

Behave...... clearly not watching the guy play..... get a grip.

Right back at you.

He gets bullied every single week. No fight, no desire. 

PB21
Just now, jamboj said:

Right back at you.

Aye ok.

Ari Gold

Only player capable of going past an opponent. Needs to do it more often. Talent is clearly there.

kila

A shame about the OG, especially if it came off the back of his head and he knew little about it

Some really tidy play today. Taking players on, tapping it down the wing and dribbling into the box. He was great to watch, shame the rest of the team's play was so poor at times.

siegementality

He’s not made for the Scottish game or this team under the current manager.

PB21
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

He’s not made for the Scottish game or this team under the current manager.

Is that cause he can play football? Let’s just get a bunch of ball hoofers in like St Mirren will we.

Gizmo
9 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Right back at you.

What game do you actually watch? You could not be more off the mark. 

feedthefox

Clare had some very decent moments during the game and was far and away our most inventive attacker. Every week we see something new and different which is very encouraging. Can't believe some on here dig around to find some sort of fault and completely overlook the very (and entertaining) positive things he brings to the team.

Peebo

What are the current levels of smugness?

VagabondJambo
11 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Clare had some very decent moments during the game and was far and away our most inventive attacker. Every week we see something new and different which is very encouraging. Can't believe some on here dig around to find some sort of fault and completely overlook the very (and entertaining) positive things he brings to the team.

Completely agree!  Even after his og, his head didn't go down.

BigCGilmour

We need to get the ball to him quicker. In fact we need to get the ball to everyone quicker. Too lethargic and as mentioned on other post no urgency about the team!

Famous 1874

Going to be a cracking player for us. Needs to impose himself throughout the full 90 though. Very unfortunate with the own goal. 

Have not seen a replay yet but looks like the ball landed in the 6 yard box, shouldn’t the goalie be claiming that? May be clutching at straws though. 

Sarah O
59 minutes ago, jamboj said:

You are bloody mental.

hearts00

I’d imagine down in England he would look outstanding in amongst good players. 

unfortunately  for him he’s in Scotland playing in an utterly awful side.  

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, jamboj said:

Spot on. I don't rate him and can't see him lasting long here

red

He will be a huge asset to us next season. He’s still not fully match fit.

Peebo
16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Going to be a cracking player for us. Needs to impose himself throughout the full 90 though. Very unfortunate with the own goal. 

Have not seen a replay yet but looks like the ball landed in the 6 yard box, shouldn’t the goalie be claiming that? May be clutching at straws though. 

Multiple straws. 

siegementality
46 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Is that cause he can play football? Let’s just get a bunch of ball hoofers in like St Mirren will we.

It’s just fact. Scottish football needs a certain type of player. 

ramrod

What happened with the own goal ? 

Did he head it straight in or did it hit off him ? 

Hard to see from Secs T , happened that quickly 

jambopilms

Our down turn coincides with him being shoehorned into the team no matter how he plays. Showing the odd glimpse of class doesn't excuse the 85 minutes of nothing.

jonnothejambo

He was our best player by miles today. 

Lord BJ

He needs to get involved more for me. However, he’s probably one of our best players of late. He looks more and more a footballer to me.

I think he’d be excellent in a good team. Unfortunately we ain’t that. 

I also think a nonsense to suggest he lacks heart, that is not something I could accuse him off after his first few games.

SEam Clare is not what’s wrong with us right now.

Heartsofgold
12 minutes ago, siegementality said:

It’s just fact. Scottish football needs a certain type of player. 

And that's why Scottish football is mired in the dark ages.  Cloggers and triers and to hell with the actual players with real talent and skill.

siegementality
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

And that's why Scottish football is mired in the dark ages.  Cloggers and triers and to hell with the actual players with real talent and skill.

I agree.  Although it’s not helped when our manager plays players with skill in a formation - and with tactics - that are from the dark ages and suited for cloggers and triers.

Debut 4
6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not really. You can have skill and talent but you need guts to go with it.

Thats standard in any league anywhere to be able to significantly contribute.

colinmaroon
21 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Our down turn coincides with him being shoehorned into the team no matter how he plays. Showing the odd glimpse of class doesn't excuse the 85 minutes of nothing.

Utter scheidttt!

Debut 4
1 hour ago, PB21 said:

How did Hearts cope with the ball hoofers?

Did we rise above, show guile, determination, more skill and out think them to win the game?

You’d think we were some silky side the way a few go on. 

sadj
1 hour ago, kila said:

A shame about the OG, especially if it came off the back of his head and he knew little about it

Some really tidy play today. Taking players on, tapping it down the wing and dribbling into the box. He was great to watch, shame the rest of the team's play was so poor at times.

Shouldn’t of been put in that position Kila least he was trying to get to it. Zlamal should of cleared the lot of them out and taken the ball. Clare is a cracking wee player and growing every game. Aside from Djoum , Haring and Mulraney they can all get locked in a room with a lynch mob

sadj
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

How did Hearts cope with the ball hoofers?

Did we rise above, show guile, determination, more skill and out think them to win the game?

You’d think we were some silky side the way a few go on. 

St Mirrens main tactic was the same as Livi boot is as high and far as possible and run. We really fail to draw teams out then cut them open. St Mirren and Dundee have played well at Tynie but we still should take 6/6 against those two. 

Debut 4
1 minute ago, sadj said:

St Mirrens main tactic was the same as Livi boot is as high and far as possible and run. We really fail to draw teams out then cut them open. St Mirren and Dundee have played well at Tynie but we still should take 6/6 against those two. 

Aye...In moments like this you cast yer mind back to past sides who coped and dealt with those teams.

Its hardly new for the opposition to play this way at Tynie. We just seem clueless now. 

Cruyff Turn

Sean Clare is quality. Gradually got better and better as his fitness and confidence has improved. I thought he was excellent v Motherwell as well. Will continue to get better, he’d show his true class if we played a quick tempo passing game. 

sadj
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye...In moments like this you cast yer mind back to past sides who coped and dealt with those teams.

Its hardly new for the opposition to play this way at Tynie. We just seem clueless now. 

Might of been better with a 3 at the back today and just let Mulraney and Morrison run at them. Watching St Mirrens defending was like watching an organised junior team. Souttar had so much space and when he got the ball was awful. Mulraney had a bit less space but got about two crosses in the rest won a throw in or corner. When we went left they left their right side wide open. Go right they left their left side wide open. Yet we couldn’t move it quick enough to take advantage. Rest of the time they had a bank of 5 and a bank of 4 across the width of the 18yard box and we looked lost.

sadj
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Sean Clare is quality. Gradually got better and better as his fitness and confidence has improved. I thought he was excellent v Motherwell as well. Will continue to get better, he’d show his true class if we played a quick tempo passing game. 

Superb post mate

Lfhearts

He would be better in a less ponderous midfield.

Peebo

Some absolutely remarkable stuff on here. 

Dannie Boy

Top trollin in some the posts above.

Baxfee

Clare needs to be in the middle. Him and Naismith together would be superb. 

Pasquale for King

He really brings very little to the team in terms of assists and goals, heart of a chicken too.

Sooperstar

Coming onto a game. Shows moments of great quality. Will be a key player for us next season.

stotty

Clearly has ability but still only shows it in brief flashes. Might see more from him if the team actually start playing well. 

XB52

I despair for some of our fans??  in here. Clare was the one bright spot today and is showing what a find he was for us. Every game he shows more of the class he so obviously has 

jambopilms

He does show some real class, no doubt. Not anywhere near enough to be an automatic start every week. Would help if the team weren't so poor at the moment.

Shaggy2

Best game by far yesterday but still needs to be braver. His lack of aggression was a huge factor, and made him completely culpable, for the OG.

Gashauskis9
16 hours ago, jamboj said:

Is the answer to the question, “What is Sean Clare not?”.

God help us if he gets injured or suspended in the run in.  

wallace_mercer

He needs to be braver and adjust to pace of spl where we play against cloggers

but he has bags of ability 

Pasquale for King

He needs to do much more and I’m still not sure the coaches know his best position. For me he needs to be getting on the ball around the left or centre of the box where he’s scored his two goals which in reality is all he’s accomplished so far. As for Levein saying he was pulled or fouled for their goal is utter nonsense, he had lost his man and didn’t know where he was. If CL is consistent he surely must be dropped for Wednesday?