Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Saying our manager is shagging our chairwomen is off the scale. 

A name change is all good, but like the dead rangers, your past still haunts you. 

?

Now't wrong with wanting rangers not win a bean since their reform. 

Hibs, shit happens. I'm over it. 

Wow. Just wow 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

What a bunch o bickering kids we have on here....thought this was about Sean Clare...but all you greeting faced bairns have hijacked it with your own stupid agendas....get back on track or **** off onto another topic....ffs....

7 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

What a bunch o bickering kids we have on here....thought this was about Sean Clare...but all you greeting faced bairns have hijacked it with your own stupid agendas....get back on track or **** off onto another topic....ffs....

? 100%

Sean Clare will be better going forward than with his back to goal, hopefully Naismith or Uche will allow him to do that as MacLean hasn't been able to hold up the ball at all the last month

18 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Clare has been far from impressive so far. Not a single person can honestly dispute that so far.

But I’ve said before, it will be next season before we see how good he really is. He should have settled here and got used to the league by then, and a tough pre-season will do wonders for the lad. Labelling him the new Cameron is putting tremendous pressure on the lad though. Levein must be extremely confident in his abilities to do so.

See I'm no buying this

So the 1st year at a club is a write off then, for the player  time to get up to speed and adjust

Is that why we've been so keen to hand out shreeeeeee year deals then 

Any professional players need a matter of months to adjust maximum sean clare just isnt as good as we've been told..

He's not been great but he's came in at a time when we're struggling and everyone was looking to him to be the main man straight away, I doubt Levein planned for him to be starting every week at this stage but it's needs must due to injuries, I think we'll see the best of him when we have our main boys back and the pressure will be lifted off him a bit.

In the case of Clare, I don't think you can write him off just yet. It wasn't a straight forward signing by any means, with a lot of things going on that are worthy of consideration in looking at where he is now.

He'd only played 20 odd games in his career, and had built up a growing reputation in a short time. He then has an operation in March and misses preseason. His signing for us changes from a loan to a permanent signing, held up by Craig's heart scare and recovery. Around the time of his signing we begin to experience our injury problems and start dropping points.

He had just turned 22, a Londoner arriving in the Scottish game and thrown in at the deep end with high expectations.

He is improving,  albeit not as quickly as we might have liked. I don't see the point or what value there is in making a judgement on him now. Time will tell

31 minutes ago, pablo said:

In the case of Clare, I don't think you can write him off just yet. It wasn't a straight forward signing by any means, with a lot of things going on that are worthy of consideration in looking at where he is now.

He'd only played 20 odd games in his career, and had built up a growing reputation in a short time. He then has an operation in March and misses preseason. His signing for us changes from a loan to a permanent signing, held up by Craig's heart scare and recovery. Around the time of his signing we begin to experience our injury problems and start dropping points.

He had just turned 22, a Londoner arriving in the Scottish game and thrown in at the deep end with high expectations.

He is improving,  albeit not as quickly as we might have liked. I don't see the point or what value there is in making a judgement on him now. Time will tell

Of course there is a "value in making a judgement on him now" because you quite clearly state "He is improving,  albeit not as quickly as we might have liked"! Are you suggesting that if any player is not 'playing well' for whatever reason but being selected every week that he should not be 'judged' on his performance but 'judged' only on his potential regardless of how much the team's performance may suffer with his inclusion? Really?  Why would SC be any different from e.g. Olly Lee who clearly suffered from losing 3 big players to injury? His form dipped (understandably in my opinion) but he lost (quite rightly) his starting place. SC has not performed well and he has not offered the team anything! Therefore, he does not deserve a starting place at this moment and quite rightly can be 'judged'!

Edited by bobskeldon

21 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Of course there is a "value in making a judgement on him now" because you quite clearly state "He is improving,  albeit not as quickly as we might have liked"! Are you suggesting that if any player is not 'playing well' for whatever reason but being selected every week that he should not be 'judged' on his performance but 'judged' only on his potential regardless of how much the team's performance may suffer with his inclusion? Really?  Why would SC be any different from e.g. Olly Lee who clearly suffered from losing 3 big players to injury? His form dipped (understandably in my opinion) but he lost (quite rightly) his starting place. SC has not performed well and he has not offered the team anything! Therefore, he does not deserve a starting place at this moment and quite rightly can be 'judged'!

I wasn't saying that his performances couldn't be judged, obviously by stating my opinion that he's slowly improving I've already done that myself.

I'm saying that in Clare's case, there is enough mitigating circumstances to suggest branding him a failed signing would be hasty, at this point in time. In my opinion obviously.

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

See I'm no buying this

So the 1st year at a club is a write off then, for the player  time to get up to speed and adjust

Any professional players need a matter of months to adjust maximum sean clare just isnt as good as we've been told..

The same old posters were posting this nonsense regarding El Hass.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

I wasn't saying that his performances couldn't be judged, obviously by stating my opinion that he's slowly improving I've already done that myself.

I'm saying that in Clare's case, there is enough mitigating circumstances to suggest branding him a failed signing would be hasty, at this point in time. In my opinion obviously.

I have no idea whether he is "a failed signing" or not, these are your words not mine! However, whether he is or not "a failed signing"is conjecture! What is not conjecture is that he does not (based on his performance over 4/5 starts) deserve to be starting simply due to his potential!

2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I have no idea whether he is "a failed signing" or not, these are your words not mine! However, whether he is or not "a failed signing"is conjecture! What is not conjecture is that he does not (based on his performance over 4/5 starts) deserve to be starting simply due to his potential!

I didn't say that you said he was a failed signing and I don't think he's been any good either! ?

I didn't even say he deserved to be starting. All I said was I think it's too early to write him completely as some have.

Jeezo 

4 minutes ago, pablo said:

I didn't say that you said he was a failed signing and I don't think he's been any good either! ?

I didn't even say he deserved to be starting. All I said was I think it's too early to write him completely as some have.

Jeezo 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not think anybody on here has said they have written him off.

What people are expressing is their disappointment that so far he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is the player his reputation painted.

41 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The same old posters were posting this nonsense regarding El Hass.

I'd love for Clare to come good and he yet may still come good but im no buying this he needs a season to get upto speed Nelson spouted the same piss if i remember right

in this day and age with fitness and the correct diets players regardless of lengthy lay off should be upto speed and fitness within 4 weeks 

Look at Berra, he's older and he's slotted back into the 1st team with 1 reserve game under his belt 

Why doesn't he need a season to get upto speed? 

17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'd love for Clare to come good and he yet may still come good but im no buying this he needs a season to get upto speed Nelson spouted the same piss if i remember right

in this day and age with fitness and the correct diets players regardless of lengthy lay off should be upto speed and fitness within 4 weeks 

Look at Berra, he's older and he's slotted back into the 1st team with 1 reserve game under his belt 

Why doesn't he need a season to get upto speed? 

Maybe because hes older and more experienced ?

I hope the lad is monitoring this thread.

I would hate for him to think these 18 pages amounted to anything more than about four folk repeating ad nauseam how disappointed they are in his performances so far.

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

I would hate for him to think these 18 pages amounted to anything more than about four folk repeating ad nauseam how disappointed they are in his performances so far.

I hope he doesn't read the page. None of our players should read kickback ever. Some of us would still find fault if we smashed Real Madrid in the champions league final. 

22 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Surely it doesn't matter surely with age its even harder to get back to full fitness 

4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Surely it doesn't matter surely with age its even harder to get back to full fitness 

It's funny the only time I see you post is to moan. Weren't you moaning about godinho the other day?

4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

See I'm no buying this

Not what I’m saying. But the first year for a player coming back from a serious injury, a player that missed pre-season, is clearly not going to showcase their full potential.

4 hours ago, pablo said:

This 100%  - Im sure he will grow in to an excellent addition.

Our game is very quick and does take some adjusting  - He is however improving game by game imho

He'll also not be used to a referee not knowing what a foul is !!

2 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Four???  Count again bud.

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

So it's easier to get fit when you're older.....great news for us over 60's!

Haven't met a Hearts fan who isn't disappointed in Clare so far but he's one of our highest earners so he'll be given time. If you watch videos of him down south he looks quicker and confident we need to get him up believing in himself. Levein to my knowledge never gave him any reserve game action I think he should have and should possibly be looking at doing that just now. Clare and Amankwaa so far haven't the heart for scottish football.

Edited by VivaObua

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just so I know how the JKB land lies now...We all like Clare now?

I dunno mate - I've never met him, but he's probably a really nice chap.

He will come good. His passing was good and some good challenges in. Just needs to get more involved. Needs someone to hold the ball up for him to run on to.

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Fitting back into the team , using experience to pace himself etc . Wasn't really making a statement more a suggestion .

Suspect Naismith will slot back in seamlessly [hope so] , younger platers may take more time ?

5 hours ago, Herbert said:

It's funny the only time I see you post is to moan. Weren't you moaning about godinho the other day?

You can't be on here that often then weren't you the one who insists Godinho is an aweosme right back and that like clare needs around a season to get up to speed as well 

For the record i wasn't moaning i was posting that Godinho is a liability even before his inury and would be away come the summer to the likes of raith rovers

Opinion differs granted so I'll happily make a frendly wager with you that Godinho won't be around come pre season next year? With the proceeds of the wager doing to Big Hearts? 

You up for it? 

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Four???  Count again bud.

I'll pass on that invitation, thanks.

Your views on Clare are more than clear to me.

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I dunno mate - I've never met him, but he's probably a really nice chap.

Naw, hes a shitehawk but he will be a nice guy in 6 months...apparently. 

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

You can't be on here that often then weren't you the one who insists Godinho is an aweosme right back and that like clare needs around a season to get up to speed as well 

For the record i wasn't moaning i was posting that Godinho is a liability even before his inury and would be away come the summer to the likes of raith rovers

Opinion differs granted so I'll happily make a frendly wager with you that Godinho won't be around come pre season next year? With the proceeds of the wager doing to Big Hearts? 

You up for it? 

Yeah I'll put a bet on godinho being here. How much are you thinking?

What I said Godinho was doing really well before his injury and he would be as good as Smith. I also said Clare needs more than a handful of games maybe 10-15 to get I to the swing of things.

Are people forgetting it took half a season and a pre season for Naismith(already proven in the SPL) to find his full match fitness and best performances?

Really hate Hearts fans sometimes. 

10 hours ago, Herbert said:

Yeah I'll put a bet on godinho being here. How much are you thinking?

What I said Godinho was doing really well before his injury and he would be as good as Smith. I also said Clare needs more than a handful of games maybe 10-15 to get I to the swing of things.

£100 reasonable?

I just dont rate the laddie personally i appreciate opinions will differ 

Big Hearts ok with you?

47 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

£100 reasonable?

Big Hearts ok with you?

£100 to big hearts is good with me. I will feel bad when you have to pay out.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

£100 reasonable?

Big Hearts ok with you?

:cornette:

What a stupid bet. 

9 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Are people forgetting it took half a season and a pre season for Naismith(already proven in the SPL) to find his full match fitness and best performances?

Yes. Exactly. It’s the Circle of Shite on here unfortunately. Too many people think players are robots, and that fitness and match sharpness just magically materialise when a player wakes up in a hospital bed or starts jogging.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yes. Exactly. It’s the Circle of Shite on here unfortunately. Too many people think players are robots, and that fitness and match sharpness just magically materialise when a player wakes up in a hospital bed or starts jogging.

I think it's more appealing to supporters that can't spot a player to just slag them off.

Let's be honest, judging by comments on here a 40 goals a season striker wouldn't please a fair few. 

Sean Clare will be an outstanding player for Hearts, its really that simple.

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

I think it's more appealing to supporters that can't spot a player to just slag them off.

Let's be honest, judging by comments on here a 40 goals a season striker wouldn't please a fair few. 

There will inevitably be an element of that too. There is a weird desire from some supporters to be the first to spot a popular signing is shit. Even when that player plays well, they are “still not convinced”, they remain not convinced until said player picks up an injury and can’t keep the same level of performance up... then they are shit again. :lol:

9 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Very good point

EastSideJambo

I've not seen anyone suggest players are robots. I've seen several posts stating they haven't even seen glimpses from Clare. That's two very different things being thrown together in an attempt to have a dash at fellow fans 

Just as well we've got such uber fans 

Ministry of Football
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Some folk have maroon tinted glasses on and simply can't see reality. 

So far Clare has shown absolutely nothing to justify anything you have said. 

Unlike Wighton, he has shown the occasional flashes of quality, but they have been fleeting. Normally he is like playing with a man down. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

38 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I've not seen anyone suggest players are robots. I've seen several posts stating they haven't even seen glimpses from Clare. That's two very different things being thrown together in an attempt to have a dash at fellow fans 

Just as well we've got such uber fans 

Nice dash at fellow fans there, Spencer. ?

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Nice dash at fellow fans there, Spencer. ?

You are the classic example of what I was referring to 

4 hours ago, Herbert said:

£100 to big hearts is good with me. I will feel bad when you have to pay out.

Don't feel bad i suggested it and it'll go towards a good cause 

So the 1st game of next season i predict Godinho wont be a Hearts player loans to another club go in your favour?

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Don't feel bad i suggested it and it'll go towards a good cause 

So the 1st game of next season i predict Godinho wont be a Hearts player loans to another club go in your favour?

Deal. If he's been told he can find a new club but still here you take the win.