Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

jack D and coke

There’s only really one or two comments about Levein and I wouldn’t class it as proper digging him out either. Levein has made some good additions and we were going great guns. The vast majority are accepting of the injury woes too I’m not seeing all the hate for Levein myself. 

Clare and Wighton look absolutely pish however and that is what people are moaning about.

All the same I sincerely hope I’m proved wrong. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not necessarily.

As I have stated before I am cutting CL a load of slack as he had put together a cracking starting 11 with some shrewd signings. That starting 11 has been decimated by injuries to arguably our best 4 players, and as a result it was unavoidable that we could not retain our leading position in the league.

My only beef is that the back up players we have signed have totally failed to make an impression. Clare has been training with us for 3 months so surely must be physically fit by now. He has also appeared in numerous games now and has yet to show any inkling of football ability whatsoever.

As for Wighton he is just so lightweight and timid - surely there were better options for us to sign. With our budget contraints was it good value to sign a player who obviously has "bad habits" and needs developing?

Anyway we have been crushed by injuries particularly Uche and Naismith which is a huge disappointment to CL and us all.

Fair enough And quite true. 

Wighton and Clare were and are not direct replacements for ulche and Naismith. 

We can't afford to have like for like replacement for Naismith. 

Neither are strikers either. 

Unfortunately, Maclean is also a link up man, so we have not only lack of options but lack of balance up top. 

They haven't hit the ground running, but comparing either to Naismith is setting expectations way to high. 

Add in Berra and Souttar and tbh it's a complete crap house, like you say. 

****in bull shit this has happened. 

15 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Fair enough And quite true. 

Wighton and Clare were and are not direct replacements for ulche and Naismith. 

We can't afford to have like for like replacement for Naismith. 

Neither are strikers either. 

Unfortunately, Maclean is also a link up man, so we have not only lack of options but lack of balance up top. 

They haven't hit the ground running, but comparing either to Naismith is setting expectations way to high. 

Add in Berra and Souttar and tbh it's a complete crap house, like you say. 

****in bull shit this has happened. 

I realise Wightman can never be compared to the quality of Naismith, however I believe he did come to us as a back up striker, albeit in a different style. It is a pity that in our hour of need he was not able to hit the ground running and offer a positive contribution to the team - if he was signed as 'one for the future' my opinion is that we should have used our limited funds this season on a player who was more ready to play for Hearts.

As for Clare he may be a victim of the fantastic reputation he came with, and the comments made by CL(?) that he was "going to excite us".  So far he has shown absolutely nothing - not a goal or even a good shot on goal, not an exciting run, burst of pace or a cracking pass!  As I've said before he may be lacking in full fitness and game time, but if he is a real player his quality should be showing through a bit.

As for MacLean he was signed as a link man and was doing a great job when Uche and Naismith were playing. It is tough for him now playing a role he is just not up to.

All in all it is a bit of a pisser!!

HHGH

"So far he has shown absolutely nothing - not a goal or even a good shot on goal, not an exciting run, burst of pace or a cracking pass! "

sounds a bit like djoum

10 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

"So far he has shown absolutely nothing - not a goal or even a good shot on goal, not an exciting run, burst of pace or a cracking pass! "

sounds a bit like djoum

Except Djoum has scored and has an assist this season, whilst being played out of position.

Ministry of Football
50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s only really one or two comments about Levein and I wouldn’t class it as proper digging him out either. Levein has made some good additions and we were going great guns. The vast majority are accepting of the injury woes too I’m not seeing all the hate for Levein myself. 

Clare and Wighton look absolutely pish however and that is what people are moaning about.

All the same I sincerely hope I’m proved wrong. 

Correct. 

I actually think Clare, Wighton and to a lesser degree Morrison are a significant part of the problem just now. Losing Naismith would affect any team but injuries are always going to happen. It is the quality of the replacements that have hit us hardest. Ever since our replacements have come in, we have nose-dived. 

I'm reminded of Levein from last season. In my opinion, he was self - harming the team by filling it with kids. He could have played some of our stablished pros, who weren't that good, I might add, but he chose different. 

Just now there seems to be a determination from Levein to bring Wighton and Clare onto a game, no matter what the cost to Hearts is and it's hurting us badly. 

As for youngsters like Morrison, there is a reason you don't see our competitors playing kids of the same age as first tab regulars. There are simply not ready yet. They should be loaned out until it is clear they are ready. It is a hard physical game in Scotland. 

Levein has deserved a lot of praise this term for our start to the season, we have been outstanding and even a tad lucky from time to time. However we are in this to try and win games and competitions. If he is unable to find a team to compete with the likes of St Mirren, some serious criticism will be coming his way. 

Hopefully he can get his finger out and plug the glaring gaps in our squad, during the upcoming window. We all know where the problems are. If we can all see it from the stands, there can be no excuses from our manager. 

With a bit of luck, we can then kick on again. I much prefer complimenting our manager and players rather than criticising them. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

3 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Correct. 

I actually think Clare, Wighton and to a lesser degree Morrison are a significant part of the problem just now. Losing Naismith would affect any team but injuries are always going to happen. It is the quality of the replacements that have hit us hardest. Ever since our replacements have come in, we have nose-dived. 

I'm reminded of Levein from last season. In my opinion, he was self - harming the team by filling it with kids. He could have played some of our stablished pros, who weren't that good, I might add, but he chose different. 

Just now there seems to be a determination from Levein to bring Wighton and Clare onto a game, no matter what the cost to Hearts is and it's hurting us badly. 

As for youngsters like Morrison, there is a reason you don't see our competitors playing kids of the same age as first tab regulars. There are simply not ready yet. They should be loaned out until it is clear they are ready. It is a hard physical game in Scotland. 

Levein has deserved a lot of praise this term for our start to the season, we have been outstanding and even a tad lucky from time to time. However we are in this to try and win games and competitions. If he is unable to find a team to compete with the likes of St Mirren, some serious criticism will be coming his way. 

Hopefully he can get his finger out and plug the glaring gaps in our squad, during the upcoming window. We all know where the problems are. If we can all see it from the stands, there can be no excuses from our manager. 

With a bit of luck, we can then kick on again. I much prefer complimenting our manager and players rather than criticising him. 

Good post.

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Except Djoum has scored and has an assist this season, whilst being played out of position.

Correct!!

Easily his best performance since arriving, clearly all the better for being played further up the pitch. Was just unlucky to have McLean as a strike partner who was so slow it was embarrassing and I'm absolutely baffled that Clare was hooked instead of McLean who was a spectator in the second half.

Just now, feedthefox said:

Easily his best performance since arriving, clearly all the better for being played further up the pitch. Was just unlucky to have McLean as a strike partner who was so slow it was embarrassing and I'm absolutely baffled that Clare was hooked instead of McLean who was a spectator in the second half.

I thought he was a bit better but still not overly impressed. He must have more in his locker than we've seen so far. 

Also saw enough of Clare to give me hope. Mclean was hopeless and should have been hooked. A good player but needs a partner like naisy or uche to bring the best out of him.  Goldson and Macaulay had an easy day with him

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

I would imagine that getting match fit will also see him improve. Assuming he is any good, the guy will need time.

6 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Totally agree. Looked like he could play today. Definitely think he’ll prove a good acquisition in time.

A lot better today, but like the rest of the midfield today we need better than that.

We really miss a midfielder that will dominate midfield and drive us forward.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A lot better today, but like the rest of the midfield today we need better than that.

We really miss a midfielder that will dominate midfield and drive us forward.

Every team would love one of them Gambo.

Played better today. Hopefully finally getting up to speed. Mclean was gash today again, like Lee he ain’t kicked a ball since Naismith went out. 

Best game easily today. Starting to show a bit of pace and involved in most of our decent play. What there was of it. Confident he’ll come good. 

queensferryjambo

Clare had a decent game today.

He put in some really good crosses just a shame nobody got on the end of them,

If Naismith or Uche were playing they would have lapped those crosses up. 

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Clare looked better today. Put 2 good balls across the face of goal in the 2nd half. Maclean was missing in action as usual. 

Better is the word.

Still a long way from decent. 

Easily his best performance today. He put in some very decent crosses, he was competitive and was playing with intensity.

Great to see he is starting to come good.

I was impressed with him today!

Considering how long he’d been out it was always going to be the long game for getting the best out of Clare.

It’ll be next season before we can judge properly imo.

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Clare did fine. Should've been kept on instead of Djoum.

strangely i thought Djoum had his best game for a while. Opinions i guess.

EastSideJambo
On 27/11/2018 at 11:03, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yip, the only conclusion is that they hate Craig Levein and/or no very little about football. 

Aye that'll be it 

FFS 

Could have been sent off today after an awful first, second, third touch..........

Not seeing anything from him at the moment

Can’t believe this “better today”, “ done well today “ garbage.

He offers very little, shows no heart and in our league it’s a battle first and foremost.

how he’s on a run of starts Is baffling, has he even had a shot at goal or at least 1 on target in all his appearances to date.

I,m sorry but we’re a better team without him.

William H. Bonney
9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Could have been sent off today after an awful first, second, third touch..........

Not seeing anything from him at the moment

I thought his performance had a bit more confidence to it than late. Some nice touches and lay offs in the 1st half. 

Could really do with him upping his game for Wednesday night. 

1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

I thought his performance had a bit more confidence to it than late. Some nice touches and lay offs in the 1st half. 

Could really do with him upping his game for Wednesday night. 

Bit in bold i concur, and that can be aimed at most of them to be fair

William H. Bonney
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Bit in bold i concur, and that can be aimed at most of them to be fair

Yes, but I still believe clare has real quality and can be a major part of this team. 

High hopes or delusion, I'm not quite sure. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Positive signs today. Thought he linked well and kept the ball better. Mitchell got better after an awful start.

They are all missing Naismith. MacLean I feel sorry for. Utterly predictable since he is our only forward teams are well prepared to combat him and us.

Naismith then Vanecek change the landscape for us a great deal 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Positive signs today. Thought he linked well and kept the ball better. Mitchell got better after an awful start.

They are all missing Naismith. MacLean I feel sorry for. Utterly predictable since he is our only forward teams are well prepared to combat him and us.

Naismith then Vanecek change the landscape for us a great deal 

100% this. However I do think during these tough times CL should be trying way more than simply sticking McLean up top every week, surely during the week they must look at options.

jamboinglasgow

agree with others, looked better. Still has a bit to go but clearly that will come with full fitness. Also think when moved into the middle with Naismith playing he will do well. Crazy to think he has only played one game that has not been in this current slump and that was the last 10 minutes against Aberdeen in a 100mph game on his debut. 

I agree , better today and will improve more when his fitness gets better

remember a bad injury and adjusting to 100 mph fitba 

Can’t be easy for the lad

i have faith in him to be a big player after the year