Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

11 hours ago, magicTs said:

I always try to post honestly. At the moment I have to say my previous post looks dubious to say the least. So far Clare (and Wighton) look extremely underwhelming and there is no doubt he’s struggled big time to have any influence. Disappointing stuff.  

have to agree re both players. miles away from being good enough for the first team

Edited by maroonsgotop

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

1 hour ago, saxondale said:

He'll come good.

Very similar situation to Naismith last season where he had been injured for a long time and wasn't match fit.

Give him a pre season and no injuries and we will see the real Clare. Hopefully he can contribute before that though...

That is just blind faith. There is not even a granule of evidence he will come good. Players who have been good prior to signing usually just get shite under Levein and the hippy.

10 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Could be the worst signing in recent times, he just looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. File under Sammon, Martin, Oshiniwa, Wighton and McLean......…

looks to have zero confidence or any presence/swagger about him

There are a few passengers on the park at the moment 

Lee , Djoum at times 

wighton , mulreny ,McLean some say 

Clare was bought as an attacking midfielder/ attacker  something were clearly short of. Why not persivere with him ?

What concerned me more than anything yesterday was the amount of times he got into decent space but was pointing the the player with the ball to play it to someone else, it was like he did not want the ball and seemed in a hurry to get rid of it when he did.

Not seen anything from him yet but hopefully that turns around.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

That is just blind faith. There is not even a granule of evidence he will come good. Players who have been good prior to signing usually just get shite under Levein and the hippy.

Apart from all the glowing reports from other players, fans and our own manager.

I'm not even going to respond to your last sentence.

jack D and coke

I’m not having the Naismith comparison. We all knew Naismith could deliver, we’d seen it with killie, rangers, Everton and Scotland we knew he needed some time to get it back. Clare has shown zero, absolutely zero. You don’t need to see a player 10 times to notice things, you see little flashes here and there and know that getting match fit will improve things further. 

I’m not hopeful for this guy. He doesn’t look like he has much has to offer. Tottenham wanted him? :facepalm: 

Aye so they did. 

My prediction Clare will come good after the winter  break.

People forget he is young playing in a new league and had injuries. My bet is CL was not expecting him to play until after the winter break but injuries have pushed him into the team.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not having the Naismith comparison. We all knew Naismith could deliver, we’d seen it with killie, rangers, Everton and Scotland we knew he needed some time to get it back. Clare has shown zero, absolutely zero. You don’t need to see a player 10 times to notice things, you see little flashes here and there and know that getting match fit will improve things further. 

I’m not hopeful for this guy. He doesn’t look like he has much has to offer. Tottenham wanted him? :facepalm: 

Aye so they did. 

Spot on regarding the Naismith comparison. Naismith had played consistently at a higher level than Hearts for about 10 years. No way can Seán Clare be put in the same category. 

Id love to see clare come good but hes been here 3 months and even if he wasnt fit you'd have still seen we flashes and touches in Games 

He's a dud 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye so they did. 

Naismith was still probably our second best player last season apart from Berra even though he wasn’t on top form so your spot on there is no comparison at all. Clare has shown nothing to suggest he can be good enough for Hearts so far. 

I hope Clare doesn't read this.  He has come into the team when we are playing very poor and missing key players.  Not all players hit the ground running and i am still hopeful this lad will come good.  He has been no worse than the rest of late

wattie exploited

so far hasnt really added anything to the team perhaps it was all the hype about how great he was that is making people think he aint that good 

EastSideJambo

Even allowing for a lack of fitness / sharpness, you'd expect to see glimpses of promise. There have been none. Same goes for Wighton 

I think we need to give both of them time. Fair to say initial impressions aren't good 

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, savage said:

I hope Clare doesn't read this.  He has come into the team when we are playing very poor and missing key players.  Not all players hit the ground running and i am still hopeful this lad will come good.  He has been no worse than the rest of late

He’s been absolutely dung mate. Granted we haven’t been playing great but he’s certainly not improved things at all. I hope he does read this myself and ups his workrate and effort considerably cos it’s not been nearly good enough. 

Nobody wants him to be a dud. 

scott herbertson
45 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I have seen nothing from Clare that would suggest that the hype was accurate.

I saw nothing to justify any hype either, to be fair. He's just one of several young players we are taking a chance on. The hype was way over the top for what he had actually done prior to coming to us.

24 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

so far hasnt really added anything to the team perhaps it was all the hype about how great he was that is making people think he aint that good 

It probably didn't help his cause by CL going on about what a great capture he was and how excited he was about getting him etc, etc.

The hype puts extra pressure on the player which so far he has not lived up to. Early days yet but not looking very promising.

I believe that Clare will come good. He’s a player that should once fully match fit be able to offer us a different option. 

I think the biggest problem he has other than match fitness is that he’s not used to the pace and physicality. That can also be a shock to the system. 

A fully fit squad would have seen him used used sparingly until January where he could get a mini pre season in and help him kick on for second half of season 

I really have to laugh at this shit. Suddenly we are al experts in Scottish football. Give the guy a chance ffs. Judge him after a season not just after a few outings. Too many fair weather jambos on here for my liking! Half of you never grew up or watched us back in the 70’s! Maybe back then you’d have something to cry over but as of now....,give it a rest! I hope SC turns good just to shut all the non believers TFU! 

He’s been poor so far no doubt but will give him the benefit given he’s not had a pre season.  I do see glimpses of a clever player i.e the space he finds and when fit I think he will go past players.  My worry is he looks soft, heartless and the type of player who will hide if / when he gets pelters from the stands

Hanseskillson

I never try to judge a player that plays in a team that’s low in confidence, you really have to judge when the team is playing pretty well tbh, so I’m going to give him a little more than 3 games and 3 subs

4 minutes ago, Hanseskillson said:

I never try to judge a player that plays in a team that’s low in confidence, you really have to judge when the team is playing pretty well tbh, so I’m going to give him a little more than 3 games and 3 subs

For me this is the problem right now.  When the chips are down, you need characters that dig in, pull the rest on and demand higher standards.  We only have Berra and Naismith who do this and both are out 

20 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I really have to laugh at this shit. Suddenly we are al experts in Scottish football. Give the guy a chance ffs. Judge him after a season not just after a few outings. Too many fair weather jambos on here for my liking! Half of you never grew up or watched us back in the 70’s! Maybe back then you’d have something to cry over but as of now....,give it a rest! I hope SC turns good just to shut all the non believers TFU! 

spot on !

Captain Canada

He's just back from a serious injury, playing in a different league, in various positions and hasn't had a pre-season. He's also come into an underperforming side where guys with much more experience than him are contributing next to nothing. 

I know expectations are high because of Levein's comments and the fee we paid, but we need to be realistic and patient. Getting on his back so early in his Hearts career is not going to help his performances. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Why hasn't he been playing in the reserves to get up to game speed?

Pretty obvious reasons. 

we are short on forward options atm

Naismith and ulche are Injured. DV doesn't join until January. 

If they hadn't been injured, Clare and Wighton would be playing reserves / being introduced gradually. 

Dunno why this needs explained. 

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Pretty obvious reasons. 

If they hadn't been injured, Clare and Wighton would be playing reserves / being introduced gradually. 

He's never played for the reserves at all I don't think, surely it would have benefitted him earlier in the season when he was just a bench warmer/sub appearance.

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Pretty obvious reasons. 

I get this. But neither has even shown glimpses of anything to date 

Usually you see something in a player and acknowledge a lack of fitness. These pair have sadly shown nothing so far 

Early days but it looks worrying.  We need to start accepting the players we've got out and find another way. Continually moaning about injuries and our manager waving the white flag is not acceptable 

We have enough fit players. We are finding out that a number of the squad simply aren't good enough to be at Hearts 

November has been abysmal.  Yesterday was a new low 

I'm not going to write him off just yet but he has been shit so far.  

We paid a 6 figure sum for him and he's 22 year old so not exactly a youth prospect and I have expected much more from him.

Just need to give him time and hope he proves the doubters (including myself) wrong.

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein is going to bankrupt us with all the utter dross he is spunking our money on.

Sammon 

Oshaniwa 

Martin 

Wighton 

Now Clare 

Easily over a million in spunked wages 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Sammon 

Oshaniwa 

Martin 

Wighton 

Now Clare 

Easily over a million in spunked wages 

Add el-hasnoui and tzolis

17 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Add el-hasnoui and tzolis

We could start an entire thread on it. Perry Kitchen was approved by him too. So many players that done so little for us they were basically just given a free long term holiday to Edinburgh.

Results take a turn for the worse and Clare becomes a bit of a scapegoat. Very unfair. He's part of a team that has hit a bad patch. If he came into the team that was performing well weeks back I'm sure we'd see his potential. No one in the current team is in great form. To write him off, which some are doing, at this stage is extremely unfair.