Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

Captain Canada

Sean Clare is not to blame for the defeat tonight. Getting sick of him being made a scapegoat. 

Levein brought him into the first team squad way too early after such a long injury lay-off and no pre-season. 

He still hasn't played one game in his favoured position either.

In my opinion, guys such as MacLean and Mitchell are far more deserving of criticism given their backgrounds and lack of meaningful contribution for some time. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

Sean Clare is not to blame for the defeat tonight. Getting sick of him being made a scapegoat. 

Levein brought him into the first team squad way too early after such a long injury lay-off and no pre-season. 

In my opinion, guys such as MacLean and Mitchell are far more deserving of criticism given their backgrounds and lack of meaningful contribution for some time. 

He’s not getting blamed for the defeat but it can’t be argued that he’s not cutting the mustard at all. He had an injury I get that but he doesn’t show anything, not a thing to make you think we might have a player here. He’s played about 30 games in his entire career and scored 3 goals where are people getting this opinion that we’ve bagged some mercurial talent? 

He doesn’t look hungry to be involved in a game, im as hopeful as the next man but it’s not looking good. I believe he’s one of the top earners too, simply not good enough for me. 

I am actually starting to feel sorry for him. Comparison with a Heart’s legend and Deli Ali...

He does not need this when he has contributed zilch and showing nothing. 

Has there been any proof that Spurs wanted him (ie a Pochettino quote)?

i just can’t see it. 

Strangely, he has the same agent as Jordan Rossiter at the huns. And it was also claimed that he chose them over Spurs. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Anderson5 said:

i just can’t see it. 

Strangely, he has the same agent as Jordan Rossiter at the huns. And it was also claimed that he chose them over Spurs. 

You could imagine Pochettino having a look at him. 5 minutes would be enough. 

The boy is rapid and hes all over the park. 

He doesnt know what to do. Has he been told to just run about all over the ship like an arse?

can we now stop imagining hes the next Colin Cameron and realise that he simply is not!

Captain Canada
17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s not getting blamed for the defeat but it can’t be argued that he’s not cutting the mustard at all. He had an injury I get that but he doesn’t show anything, not a thing to make you think we might have a player here. He’s played about 30 games in his entire career and scored 3 goals where are people getting this opinion that we’ve bagged some mercurial talent? 

He doesn’t look hungry to be involved in a game, im as hopeful as the next man but it’s not looking good. I believe he’s one of the top earners too, simply not good enough for me. 

It's poor management as far as I'm concerned. 

He's still not 100% fit. He's playing in a brutal team short on confidence. He's also playing out of position. 

I know he's not really shown much so far but he's only one of many who are massively underperforming. My point is that if we are looking at pointing the finger of blame, it should be in the direction of the manager. 

Godhino has also been hung out to dry lately because we've not wanted to use Hughes. What good has it done his confidence being thrown in when he was miles short of match fitness and sharpness? 

Clare may well not turn out to be a good signing but we need to give him the best set of circumstances to show his worth. 

Certainly not to blame for the result, and I still think he might come good at some point, but unfortunately he is utterly horrendous right now. I actually feel sorry for him looking back at the hype he got when he signed.

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

He's still not 100% fit. He's playing in a brutal team short on confidence. He's also playing out of position. 

I know he's not really shown much so far but he's only one of many who are massively underperforming. My point is that if we are looking at pointing the finger of blame, it should be in the direction of the manager. 

Godhino has also been hung out to dry lately because we've not wanted to use Hughes. What good has it done his confidence being thrown in when he was miles short of match fitness and sharpness? 

Clare may well not turn out to be a good signing but we need to give him the best set of circumstances to show his worth. 

His best set of circumstances is a run in the reserves. If he still looks poor there it may be time to cash in on some of the big offers we would surely receive from the EPL?

52 minutes ago, gedster said:

Dolly Menga.........I'd have him in the team before Clare and Wighton just now. Must be on about £900 per week

Dolly Menga wouldn’t be refereed that way at Hearts, look at how many fouls Uche got against how many he conceded.

Another angry wee man as a referee, happy to let things go because that’s how Livi play, pulled us up for less. He made a complete fool of himself at the penalty and couldn’t wait to show the cards to Djoum. 

Another negative in a night full of them.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

What is his position? I see him turning up all over the park and normally drifting away from where the play is. I find myself asking myself what is he actually doing a lot of the time. Not being 100% fit isn’t cutting it for me either I watch players just waltzing past him in all areas of the pitch too what has he been brought in to do exactly? Levein comparing him to Colin Cameron is hilarious and a bit of an insult frankly. 

Hes got mountains to climb and he doesn’t look hungry enough. 

I can accept lack of talent.  but lack of heart and fight is unacceptable.  

Utterly useless player and should be nowhere near the first team squad.

Just now, Pistol1874 said:

Dolly Menga wouldn’t be refereed that way at Hearts, look at how many fouls Uche got against how many he conceded.

Another angry wee man as a referee, happy to let things go because that’s how Livi play, pulled us up for less. He made a complete fool of himself at the penalty and couldn’t wait to show the cards to Djoum. 

Menga consistently makes life hard for centre halves, and brings other players into the game whilst not scoring a barrowload himself. Not a single player in our team other than Naismith who can dominate a centre half........... and our squad size is massive.

21 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

i just can’t see it. 

Have a word with yourself...Pochettino wouldnt be signing the U23 players... ?

2 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

:ROFL: 

deary me. 

just accept the fact we got outclassed by a tinpot outfit that play football on a world of football pitch.

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What is his position? I see him turning up all over the park and normally drifting away from where the play is. I find myself asking myself what is he actually doing a lot of the time. Not being 100% fit isn’t cutting it for me either I watch players just waltzing past him in all areas of the pitch too what has he been brought in to do exactly? Levein comparing him to Colin Cameron is hilarious and a bit of an insult frankly. 

Hes got mountains to climb and he doesn’t look hungry enough. 

Guy is playing within himself at the moment and needs to step up. That may be a mental thing post injury however always say to my sons I go with that he looks like he's hiding for large parts of his game time.

2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Menga consistently makes life hard for centre halves, and brings other players into the game whilst not scoring a barrowload himself. Not a single player in our team other than Naismith who can dominate a centre half........... and our squad size is massive.

You pretty much just described big Uche perfectly

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, gedster said:

Guy is playing within himself at the moment and needs to step up. That may be a mental thing post injury however always say to my sons I go with that he looks like he's hiding for large parts of his game time.

He doesn’t look like he wants involved you’re right. A baffling signing by what we’ve seen so far. 

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

:ROFL: 

deary me. 

just accept the fact we got outclassed by a tinpot outfit that play football on a world of football pitch.

We should’ve lost by more. It seems strange though, not to consider all of the factors.

I’m afraid if you think the officials had a good game you watched a different one from me. Did you think both Djoum bookings were correct?

16 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Happy to go along with this. He's become a bit of a poster boy for a hugely under performing team and manager.

1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

We should’ve lost by more. It seems strange though, not to consider all of the factors.

I’m afraid if you think the officials had a good game you watched a different one from me. Did you think both Djoum bookings were correct?

We deserved to get destroyed today.  I'm just getting bored of this whole 'the while world is against us attitude and that's why we are shite' 

Make Neil Lennon the referee and we shouldnt be getting beat 5-0 from Livingstone 

52 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

100% agree with this. Clare is slowing improving. 

Tonight was no game to judge him. We capitulated in the 2nd half. 

12 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

We deserved to get destroyed today.  I'm just getting bored of this whole 'the while world is against us attitude and that's why we are shite' 

Make Neil Lennon the referee and we shouldnt be getting beat 5-0 from Livingstone 

Perhaps, but Livingston’s home record is great, they are good, very good, at what they do.

My comments have nothing to do with the world being against us, but alongside shite goalkeeping, chronic injuries in defence leading to us playing a 39 year old paceless centre half, lack of any real bite or composure in midfield, a left winger who makes me wonder how far Manchester United have fallen, a right winger who doesn’t believe he can beat his man, another two long term injuries up top leading to us relying on a shiter up front and subs who aren’t good enough, I think it  is fair enough to say that I thought the referee was shite too.

If you thought he did well and got the big calls correct, I will respectfully disagree.

Edited by Pistol1874

Based on the hype and... ahem... alleged clubs who were in for him, I'm concerned he will be getting a decent wage.

Another oshinawa and Martin who we can't get rid off ?

8 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Exactly this. The whole refs are against us thing is getting tiring. It is all very Celtic IMO.

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Based on the hype and... ahem... alleged clubs who were in for him, I'm concerned he will be getting a decent wage.

Another oshinawa and Martin who we can't get rid off ?

He's on Lafferty's (reported) wages it looks like. Certainly plays like it anyway. Can't see him lasting 3 years or even one, but life goes on, we've cut our losses with a lot of guys over the years. League doesn't suit him in the slighest in my opinion

1 hour ago, Ministry MK2 said:

100% agree with this. Clare is slowing improving. 

Tonight was no game to judge him. We capitulated in the 2nd half. 

He is certainly not improving, should be nowhere near first team squad as it’s like playing with 10 men. Even El Hass gave us something to cling onto when he was hailed as something special. Footballs a tough game and for Leveins sake the boy should play out the rest of season in reserves. 

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Have a word with yourself...Pochettino wouldnt be signing the U23 players... ?

6 of Spurs first team squad of 26 are 23 or under this season. 

I’m pretty sure it would be Pochettino that signed Clare. Especially when he’s the same age as Dele Alli. 

Have a word indeed. 

I think back to Steven Naismaiths interview and recall how he couldn’t stress enough how important it was to have a Pre season and get “match fit” 

Naismith last season was pretty good but nowhere near the level he has been this season. I’m hopeful Clare will be the same 

With all the staff we have, why didn’t he have a “pre-season” before being put in the team?

It’s either bad management or he’s shite (also bad management for signing him) because in the position he’s played, he’s not HAD TO play because of our injuries.

Personally, I think he’s a donkey and very similar to “Reverse pass EL Hass” and the real Colin Cameron would’ve been a better signing.

8 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I’m not sure anyone is blaming him for the defeat, or making him a scapegoat. Again, this is the “Sean Clare” thread, not a “who is to blame for tonight’s result?” thread. It’s entirely appropriate to discuss his performance in this game. It doesn’t mean others were not also totally shite. 

What is his favoured position? 

Repeat, Sean Clare is never a Hearts player,never will be and despite somehow being awarded game time will never get a goal for Hearts.

his position is to hide behind the opposition , don’t take responsibility or show for the ball and to forget about the basics & do them so poorly he contributes zero.

Oh and don’t compete ,challenge or chase back but sort of pretend your going to do that for the first few yards then give up.

pretender.

sidjamesbottle
3 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Repeat, Sean Clare is never a Hearts player,never will be and despite somehow being awarded game time will never get a goal for Hearts.

his position is to hide behind the opposition , don’t take responsibility or show for the ball and to forget about the basics & do them so poorly he contributes zero.

Oh and don’t compete ,challenge or chase back but sort of pretend your going to do that for the first few yards then give up.

pretender.

Yeh was really excited by his signing when i watched the montage on you tube looks a different player with a hearts top on

6 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

6 of Spurs first team squad of 26 are 23 or under this season. 

I’m pretty sure it would be Pochettino that signed Clare. Especially when he’s the same age as Dele Alli. 

Have a word indeed. 

Erm the tiny wee difference being those under 23 players being of outstanding 

quality and considered good enough to play for starting 11...thats the only diff eh ??? not much....

You need to do a bit more homework re their U23 league down there and the type of player they have signed even from Scotland in that short time to see its literally filling shirts to comply with the regulations....

I fear lost on somebody for any second of any day considering Poch as the man to sanction dross U23 players additions to fill their U23 squad... ????

Dearie me...

3 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

I fear lost on somebody for any second of any day considering Poch as the man to sanction dross U23 players additions to fill their U23 squad... ????

That’s my original point I guess. He’s dross. And Spurs were never really looking at him. We got conned. 

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Yeh was really excited by his signing when i watched the montage on you tube looks a different player with a hearts top on

Was this the video montage of him playing at what looked like public parks? 

I think the saying is we’ve been catfished. 

I can see the player in there, he has pace, vision and ability. I totally get the Cameron comparisons. However, he has zero confidence and plays like he's scared to give his all in case he gets injured again. Until he gets past that, it makes him a passenger in the team and flak will rightly come his way.

13 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

I can see the player in there, he has pace, vision and ability. I totally get the Cameron comparisons. However, he has zero confidence and plays like he's scared to give his all in case he gets injured again. Until he gets past that, it makes him a passenger in the team and flak will rightly come his way.

There is a player there. He has a good touch. I think he will come good for us, but he will get better with better players around him. 

9 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

You have either been watching matches facing away from the pitch or get your knowledge of football from a book! Where exactly have you seen SC exhibit pace,   vision and ability? Examples would be good as I have seen every game he has taken part in since coming here and haven’t seen one of the qualities! He has been absolute murder in every game!

• 2 weeks later...