Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

It's guaranteed duncaster will now do everything possible to not make Murrayfield work,  the game will get moved to the following Saturday at hamdump after miraculously finding a reschedule plan for our league game.  

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It's guaranteed duncaster will now do everything possible to not make Murrayfield work,  the game will get moved to the following Saturday at hamdump after miraculously finding a reschedule plan for our league game.  

You could be right you know. 

If we do get a draw will it be live on telly with Rod Stewart?

31 minutes ago, Erik said:

This is my prediction too.

Despite Doncaster previously saying it was 'impossible' to reschedule the games to any other day apart from the proposed weekend - I expect the level of impossibleness of doing so is probably considerably less than the chances of hell freezing over and them forcing Celtic to play in Edinburgh.

In some ways, that's a decision which would bring with it its own comical outcomes as you've said - The Rangers would be furious, Doncaster will be made to look even more of a clown than he already is (and that's going some), and anyone whos made plans around that weekend will need to rearrange them accordingly.

In the past when games have had be postponed for whatever reason then alternative dates have been arranged. For Doncaster to say it's impossible is simply not true.

scott herbertson
44 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

"In the interests of fairness this should be decided by some sort of draw. We understand that circumstances dictate the SPFL are acting without precedent where the semi final fixtures are concerned but it should not follow that our fans are inconvenienced and forced to travel to Edinburgh."

I got that from someone above, and have commented on it - but thanks for posting it - unbelievably selfish reasoning.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
23 minutes ago, sunblestjambo said:

Excellent suggestion.  With all the hullabaloo I’d kinda forgotten that the move to Sunday was in order to help both Rangers and Celtic with their European recovery. 

Although, you've got to wonder why they scheduled the semis to take place right after Europe? My guess is hampden was chosen to benefit the weeg and screw us and the sheep. 

They just thought we would roll over and accept it. 

goldiebackwash1985
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Lion Rampant is not national flag of Scotland it is the Royal flag of Scotland... Oops have I just begun a flags debate! Banned!

Not a debate you won :)

To me its just a bit of cloth

20 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

My point was the organisation running the competition confirm the kick off time/location not the club. Using your logic Hearts need to confirm every kick off time via the website? 

You talk about final positions. A confirmed kick off time by the competition organisers is final. Or should be. 

Also see the quote from hearts ‘Following further conversations this evening, I do not believe the plan can/will be changed.‘

Re the championship final game, this was changed back as Rangers/Hibs final positions were not confirmed and it was deemed to be unfair. As one team would know what they needed to do. This is a very different situation. 

My original point still stands though. The competition organisers announcing a confirmed time should be that. 

If it turns out to be at murrayfield at a sensible time, it will be preferable and i’ll still be there. But your point about hearts confirming it is nonsense. 

Ann Budge Statement 15th April 2015

At 10.43am today, the club received notice from the SPFL that our last home game of the season v Rangers is to be moved to Sunday 3rd May at 12.30pm.  This was the first notification of any change that we received.   

This has been done following selection of the game for a live TV broadcast.  While we all knew that this was likely to be a strong candidate for televising and that the time might well change, we did not for one minute think that at this late stage, it would be moved to the Sunday….especially given our belief that all Championship games would require to be played at the same time. 

Previously in the season we delayed the sale of tickets for the first Rangers game as long as we could as we realised that this fixture was highly attractive to broadcasters and likely for selection.   In relation to this game, we attempted to do the same but in this case, it would seem to no avail. 

On learning of the change, I immediately attempted to contact the SPFL and objected in strong terms to the proposed late change to this fixture on the grounds of it having a total disregard for the interests of supporters of both clubs and an apparent disregard for sporting integrity.  I also spoke directly to Police Scotland who share our frustration and informed me that they had written with some strong reasons for objecting to the changed fixture, including duplication of work for them, re-allocation of resources, etc. but once again, to no avail.

Being given 17 days’ notice of this change is extremely disruptive and potentially very expensive for the fans, the sponsors and indeed the club.  Overseas supporters have been in touch to advise that they will lose substantial amounts on travel; others have advised of lost earnings, holiday problems, etc.   .......

NB the outcome was that the game was restored to original date and time!

John Findlay
39 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

They really gave that as their reason!?

The mind boggles - every side out of Glasgow is inconvenienced by this travel thing for every semi or final they attend. Just for once, Celtic fans might have to travel (at a convenient time no doubt) 40 miles and they whinge about it as though they are being terribly hard done by. It's clearly more about them losing their advantage of bigger 'home support' and familiarity with the ground.

In a nutshell.

CavySlaveJambo
3 hours ago, Boab said:

I'm not sure it is.

Other countries have done it and studies have shown it doesn't affect attendances in other games.

It seems to be a UK thing, with the FA in England determining this ruling. I can't see any legal ruling and if there is, i'd like to see it.

Simply, it looks like bullshit and something to be challenged.

It is the FA or EFL. 

And it was done to encourage people to actually go to games. 

Someother European Leagues also have Blackouts 

44 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What happens when league games are postponed due to adverse weather after the winter break?! Always happens. Are there not going to be any alternative dates given for those? Doncaster is a Boris Johnson level baffoon. 

53 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

We should get these guys over to conduct the draw, for transparency.

I'm crying laughing at this. 

13 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Probably end up with both games at Murrayfield :lol: 

Great idea, it might just work! We should play 7 aside, width of a pitch and play both games at the same time, a quarter each of the stadium for fans. Surely Doncaster would be up for this! 

So rather than state a case for our game being played at Hampden thus admitting that it is advantageous to them to have it there, Celtic want a draw to decide where the game is. Aye, no advantage though. Twats!

12 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

It is the FA or EFL. 

And it was done to encourage people to actually go to games. 

Someother European Leagues also have Blackouts 

You forgot to add the bit where it was shown that it didn't affect attendances when done in other European countries. 

Also, put " English " in front of FA, not UK.

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Ann Budge Statement 15th April 2015

NB the outcome was that the game was restored to original date and time!

And yet plenty of posters on here were happy to stick the boot into Ann at the start of this entire disaster without waiting to hear her opinions. Many seem to forget she, too, is a fan who sat in the stands with us and understands exactly the implications of date changes and ridiculous kick off times.

Given the subsequent statements from the OF (Rogers and Slippy) and Aberdeen (McInnes, Willie Miller - although I get he has no official tie to Aberdeen now) if it wasn't for CL and AB making their strong statements in their interviews I'm not sure we'd have got to the point we are at now.

Edited by JamboJen

1 hour ago, the jambo poet said:

if we go to Hampden...do we get a draw for which end we get?

Fantastic idea, gives us a chance to end this Rangers End, Celtic End garbage. Why should Edinburgh clubs (or East of Scotland clubs in general) have to circumnavigate Glasgow to the west side of the town, just because we're playing Celtic?

Edited by Paris 84

Celtic will be in Austria for tomorrows game. Surely there will be no decision until Friday, after Lawell summons Doncaster and tells him the outcome of the ballot.

2 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Fantastic idea, gives us a chance to end this Rangers End, Celtic End garbage. Why should Edinburgh clubs (or East of Scotland clubs in general) have to circumnavigate Glasgow to the west side of the town, just because we're playing Celtic?

If we end up in Glasgow, we should insist on the east stand as it’s “unfair” to ask our fans to needlessly travel further. 

5 minutes ago, moz said:

So when are these clowns meeting, and giving us a decision...?

I don't say this with any confidence given the sheer ineptitude we are dealing with but even these muppets must have surely agreed to say nothing further until a FINAL decision is reached. I suspect there is a lot going on behind the scenes right now so that all parties, including the clubs, the Police, Scotrail etc are on the same page. If they announce anything further and there is another shitshow the criticism is going to justifiably out of control. 

4 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

My bet is there still scrambling around trying to get the SRU on board, they’ll then tell Celtic that on Police Scotland advice it’s have been decided as follows. 

Hearts v Celtic, Murrayfield @ 1230

Aberdeen v Newco, Murrayfield @ 1500

50/50 allocation split. Tickets already at the printers. 

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You could be right you know. 

If we do get a draw will it be live on telly with Rod Stewart?

Doubt it. As noted earlier he’ll be in rehearsals for the gig he’s just scheduled for Murrayfield on the 28th.

6 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

My bet is there still scrambling around trying to get the SRU on board, they’ll then tell Celtic that on Police Scotland advice it’s have been decided as follows. 

You sure about those locations and timings or tongue and cheek?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Doubt it. As noted earlier he’ll be in rehearsals for the gig he’s just scheduled for Murrayfield on the 28th.

You know, I'm so fed up, I don't want to talk about it. Was never going to be plain sailing eh

1 hour ago, the jambo poet said:

if we go to Hampden...do we get a draw for which end we get?

I expect we'd get the East end of the ground because we come from the East and the SPFL plus Celtic are really committed to minimising inconvenience for fans these days.

And, of course, it's a neutral venue.

(Edit Ah, I see that point's already been made more than once!)

Edited by 4marsbars
update

4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

You sure about those locations and timings or tongue and cheek?

The games may kick off within two and a half hours of each other, but it won't be in the same stadium!

The Treasurer
52 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Probably end up with both games at Murrayfield :lol: 

Some half-wit hobo in my office has actually said this should be the case "to stop yoos yams frae cheetin"

No I can't figure that one out either

5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

They don't have home advantage at hampden , hampden the national stadium where semi finals and finals always played for such games ! The problem this time is the old firm playing in Europe on Thursday evening but there's no home advantage at hampden!! Wembley in London but you don't hear teams out with London complaining about playing a London team in fa cup final because like hampden it's there national stadium and a football stadium which murrayfield isn't 

You also don't get complaints when they play games in Cardiff - also not a football stadium IIRC...

21 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Even they couldn't be inept enough to resolve the problem of having two games in one stadium just hours apart, by having 2 games in one stadium in a different city even less time apart. :lol:

In any sane and rational world, Police Scotland would simply tell Doncaster that the Hearts v Celtic tie will be played at Murrayfield with a 12.00/15/30 kick off as we'd rather have as few fans travelling as possible. This way only Celtic and Aberdeen fans have to travel rather than Hearts, Aberdeen and Rangers if it were the other way round. It's really quite simple, and in any other country there wouldn't be a problem. In Scotland however, nothing is ever straightforward.

Big Slim Stylee
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You know, I'm so fed up, I don't want to talk about it. Was never going to be plain sailing eh

? I was only joking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

? I was only joking.

I know. Wont matter where we play them rhythm of the Hearts will be too much for them.

Having thought about it, I'm not entirely sure how easy a 50/50 split of Murrayfield is??

Hampden splits right down the middle of the North stand, but you couldn't split right down the East stand of Murrayfield.

20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Some half-wit hobo in my office has actually said this should be the case "to stop yoos yams frae cheetin"

No I can't figure that one out either

Not the brightest. ??‍♂️

50 minutes ago, Boab said:

You forgot to add the bit where it was shown that it didn't affect attendances when done in other European countries. 

Also, put " English " in front of FA, not UK.

The original concept came from England but it is now a UEFA article. Any national association is entitled to request a weekly blackout period of 2.5 hours each week. It must be applied for each season and associations can choose to excempt some dates. The Scottish FA has applied for every Saturday from 1445 to 1715. Excempted dates for Scotland are the international calendar and the Scottish Cup Final. Only England and Montenegro, along with Scotland, have applied for blackout periods for this current season. The blackout also excludes other UEFA matches from entering a blackout territory, i.e. no UK broadcaster could show a La Liga match on a Saturday afternoon. Due to broadcasting being a UK service Wales and Northern Ireland are effectively brought into this restriction as well despite their associations not having a blackout in place.

7 minutes ago, ericb said:

Having thought about it, I'm not entirely sure how easy a 50/50 split of Murrayfield is??

Hampden splits right down the middle of the North stand, but you couldn't split right down the East stand of Murrayfield.

Need to be two corner segregations. West and North for the demons, East and South for us.

Segregations at West/South corner and North/East corner.

Probably .....!!!

Hospitality ? Don't ask !

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The original concept came from England but it is now a UEFA article. Any national association is entitled to request a weekly blackout period of 2.5 hours each week. It must be applied for each season and associations can choose to excempt some dates. The Scottish FA has applied for every Saturday from 1445 to 1715. Excempted dates for Scotland are the international calendar and the Scottish Cup Final. Only England and Montenegro, along with Scotland, have applied for blackout periods for this current season. The blackout also excludes other UEFA matches from entering a blackout territory, i.e. no UK broadcaster could show a La Liga match on a Saturday afternoon. Due to broadcasting being a UK service Wales and Northern Ireland are effectively brought into this restriction as well despite their associations not having a blackout in place.

Thanks for that.

The fact it's only the UK and Montenegro that have applied, tells me all I need to know.

Selkirkhmfc1874
25 minutes ago, trotter said:

You also don't get complaints when they play games in Cardiff - also not a football stadium IIRC...

Cardiff also hosts there international football matches , murrayfield is exclusively and always has been a rugby stadium 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Cardiff also hosts there international football matches , murrayfield is exclusively and always has been a rugby stadium 

Exclusively? You have a short memory. :D

Gilberts Fridge

Given the SFA have just stuck 2fingers up to the SRU regarding the long term home of Scottish football, why would they consider helping the SFA out of the hole they have dug for themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm sure I've seen Hearts play there a few times which is strange for an exclusively rugby stadium.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well, apart from all the gigs, football and American football it's hosted

2 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Given the SFA have just stuck 2fingers up to the SRU regarding the long term home of Scottish football, why would they consider helping the SFA out of the hole they have dug for themselves. 

Money....

2 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

I can think of 300,000 reasons, each of them being a £.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

This ! The sfa are responsible for blunder after blunder 

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Apart from when both Hearts and Celtic played home games there!