Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

PeterintheRain
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Has murrayfield ever hosted a football semi final ? The answer is no for a reason 

The reason is that Monkey-head Mowbray refused to allow the Semi-final in 2006 to be switched to THE CAPITAL even though the GFA(gtf) said they were fine with it.

Try harder, troll.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

N Lincs Jambo
27 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Great news! Chuffed with that.  Now hoping to hear that Doncaster has resigned and Celtic are upset to the extent that they put out a reserve team in protest.

Their reserve team might do better than the current Celtic 1st team. We need to be careful what we wish for ?

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

How the **** is it unfair?!?!?  Celtic have played more at Hampden recently than we have at Murrayfield?!?!?  They manky ****nuggets can lick my sweaty hoop.

Long blonde wig and Brenda will oblige ?

I P Knightley
9 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Once the whistle goes I don’t believe the venue will make any real difference to what happens on the park. However, this is all about marginal gains. Celtic will have a very set routine for Hampden, where they stay, how they travel, when they travel, where they get changed, for some players they probably have “their seat” in the Hampden dressing room. All of this changes, the players  minds can’t switch off and go through the motions of another match at Hampden. It will be a different experience...it’s not a huge advantage to us but these small changes, these small extra thoughts all add up...

Correct.

It's not so much about us having an advantage. We have one although it's slight in terms of us having a few thousand more supporters than we might have had at Hampden.

It's more about them not having the advantage they would have enjoyed at Hampden, what with their own end and all the little things you mention. Off a plane on Friday morning and onto a coach on Saturday afternoon - not an enormous hardship but, hopefully, a bit of an irritation to add to their overall loss of entitlement.

...a bit disco
Just now, ShedBoy said:

One thing is for sure, the SRU will throw everything at this game. They will put Hampden to shame.

Yep.

Fireworks, pipe bands, maybe even the Red Arrows.

Hampden on the other hand,...

74c4.gif

PeterintheRain
2 hours ago, kila said:

The obsession with calling Murrayfield a rugby stadium :laugh:

Hampden isn't a football stadium! It is an athletics ground!

Old Wembley stadium was a dog track.   

Well I'll now be going thanks to the power of THE FANS!! which after all is really what makes our game . The SPFL have made a right ricket of this and heads should roll, power to the people indeed.

2 minutes ago, JWL said:

Curious question; how many of the current Hearts squad have actually played at Murrayfield? Can't be many.

Souttar

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Naismith On sportssound. In response to Rodgers manning about us playing at Murrayfield as it was our home park...

aye we’ll 18 of us haven’t played there!!

legend!

Great point, as they played their CL qualifiers there, there's probably more Celtic players who've played there than Hearts players!' 

16 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

#Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers says process unfair re Betfred Cup semis. Questions if Murrayfield neutral venue given how often Hearts have played there.

Eh?

Celtic played CL qualifiers at Murrayfield a few years ago. How is it any less neutral for us than for them?

I grant you that MF is physically close to Tynecastle,  but Hampden isn’t very far from Celtic Park either. In fact, Celtic played the whole 1994-95 season at Hampden whilst Celtic Park was being rebuilt. At the end of that season, they contested (and won) the Scottish Cup final. Guess where that game was played? Right first time.

Will the persecution of Celtic never end!  "We are being bullied," say the victims of this decision.

Bullies are the first to accuse others of bullying!

5 minutes ago, Macros said:

S***E S***E S***E. I get back from my holiday at 1, difficult to get through immigration control and from Turnhouse to Murrayfield in 30 minutes, put it back to 3 please

You mentioned immigration you Nazi.

underwaterwoodwelder

Rodgers is a slightly more intelligent welt than yelly teeth ,, he can go fek himsel.

girfu. Well done Hearts and Aberdeen for showing Scottish football and the Scottish media we aren’t bending over anymore.

...a bit disco

Admin.

Thread title change please seeing as Hearts have confirmed it.

Ta.

I P Knightley
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

How the **** is it unfair?!?!?  Celtic have played more at Hampden recently than we have at Murrayfield?!?!?  They manky ****nuggets can lick my sweaty hoop.

That's poetry, right there. We don't need no Wordsworth, Shelley or Keats.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Eh?

Celtic played CL qualifiers at Murrayfield a few years ago. How is it any less neutral for us than for them?

I grant you that MF is physically close to Tynecastle,  but Hampden isn’t very far from Celtic Park either. In fact, Celtic played the whole 1994-95 season at Hampden whilst Celtic Park was being rebuilt. At the end of that season, they contested (and won) the Scottish Cup final. Guess where that game was played? Right first time.

The hypocrite daren't look in the mirror in case they really see themselves for who they are.

Big Slim Stylee
8 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

Apart from the 2003-5 Euro league games, the 2006-7 Champions League matches and Euro league game, HMFC v Barcelona,  h1b5 v Barcelona then there's never been a soccer match at Murrayfield.  

You're not from around here are you?  Even in Selkirk they're not that stupid.

He’s certainly giving you a run for the money and that’s saying something.

millerjames398
34 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

#Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers says process unfair re Betfred Cup semis. Questions if Murrayfield neutral venue given how often Hearts have played there.

Predictable tears and snotters from the guardian of our game...**** him hope we fill our allocation and give them a proper goin over...and listen to more tears and snotters from the tranny slammer..HHGH

Edited by millerjames398
Predictive error

5 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

The reason is that Monkey-head Mowbray refused to allow the Semi-final in 2006 to be switched to THE CAPITAL even though the GFA(gtf) said they were fine with it.

Try harder, troll.

Been thinking this... How come this contract from 18 years ago for games expected to be over 20k (or according to Mondays sport sound - involving rangers, celtic, hearts, hibs and ayr vs Kilmarnock) wasn't an issue when the semi with hibs was purposed being at murrayfield. 

I think it is because the contract is a load of shite and probably costs nothing to buy out of. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Delighted. We can destroy Hampden now if it's not fair given how often Celtic play there.

Good call Brendan 

27 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

After all our whining, let's make sure we take a fantastic crowd to this Murrayfield semi. 

We are easily capable of 25k, plus. 

Whining ?

FFS  We were perfectly correct to ask for a rethink of the timings of the matches for safety reasons.

Hearts were always happy enough to play at Hampden just not at stupid 'o'clock when half the support wouldn't be able to go.

I think we will have a similar Hearts support to the European matches there.

Celtic don't exactly turn out in big numbers for cup games might find we actually outnumber them now that the boot is on the other foot.

1 minute ago, Husky said:

This is our chance to have the second biggest attendance for a domestic 

Match in Edinburgh I may be wrong 

If every seat is sold, less 1,000 for segregation, the attendance would be 66,144. A new Edinburgh record.

4 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

#Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers says process unfair re Betfred Cup semis. Questions if Murrayfield neutral venue given how often Hearts have played there.

Celtic - always wronged; never in the wrong...

Wee Brenda really is a teapot

"Given how often Hearts have played there"

Really? :rofl:

Getting the excuses in early eh?

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Rodgers is a simpleton.     

It's obvious we are really getting under his skin , marvellous stuff 

11 minutes ago, Husky said:

This is our chance to have the second biggest attendance for a domestic 

Match in Edinburgh I may be wrong 

Think there have been a  fair few over 60,000 at Fester Rd, H1b5 only being involved in one of them (v us)

14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Yep.

Fireworks, pipe bands, maybe even the Red Arrows.

Hampden on the other hand,...

74c4.gif

Is that the guy we had with the flare before the Barca game at Murrayfield? Still some of the oddest pre-match entertainment I have seen...

Sexton Hardcastle

Most pleasing Brendan is furious but it just gives him an excuse for the inevitable exit at the hands of the Gorgie.

We must shift every ticket for this, no excuses lunch time in our city. Rammed full of maroon and white and show the weegie mafia what they could’ve had. 

SuperstarSteve

This whole thing has only made me hate the authorities and the bigot brothers even more than a thought was possible. 

End of the month can’t come quick enough. 

Right into these dirty I need favours when the going gets tough low life scum bags. Nothing they have won has ever meant anything because it’s been handed to them. 

I Can gaurentee that how the majority or a should say all of us will feel/have felt when we lift a trophy, compared to them, it doesn’t come close. not even a little. 

The Future's Maroon
6 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

I thought Rodgers would be happy, don’t the trans stop there....

Liked that ?

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We can win this BIG TIME.

We woulda beat them at Hampden as well.

Can't wait to see the crowd we bring though

Dalstonjambo

a second round of travel booked. 

Now to try for the refunds on 

1 x plane

1 x train

1 x Glasgow hotel. 

I’ll offer to use the hotel booking as a rescheduled one for the final. 

Am delighted the correct outcome was reached. 

Now to win the game

23 minutes ago, JWL said:

Curious question; how many of the current Hearts squad have actually played at Murrayfield? Can't be many.

Djoum souttar and maybe Hughes.

1 minute ago, sjh1874 said:

We must shift every ticket for this, no excuses lunch time in our city. Rammed full of maroon and white and show the weegie mafia what they could’ve had. 

For sure. Have to turn up in big numbers now and back the boys to the hilt. Anything less than 25k will be disappointing.

53 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Commonsense prevails. 

Now these  liars need emptied.

Establishment Club always going to happen.Celtic peripheral club put back in their box.

I hope we sell out our allocation and have a huge, noisy support there to cheer us on to a famous victory. Can’t wait for this game. Potential to be epic.