• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How many times has murrayfield hosted a football semi final ? 

That hole is getting deeper! :D

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No off course not , that's only time football has been held at murrayfield when our stand was being built and also Celtics ground was being rebuilt 

No it’s not

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

And why is that ? In my opinion it's to keep the money within football 

Ok - lets play the game at Parkhead then to keep the money in football.

:facepalm:

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

A hobo working in an office?

Are you sure?

I said he was in the office, no-one mentioned working :D

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hampden costs go to the wee company the SFA owns. 

Do you really think that money gets invested into our game? Siphoned off and helps fund jobs for the boys more like. 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No off course not , that's only time football has been held at murrayfield when our stand was being built and also Celtics ground was being rebuilt 

Conclusive proof you don't know what you are talking about.

So Celtic, Hibs, and Hearts haven't hosted games at Murrayfield against the likes of Barcelona, AEK Athens, Braga, and others?

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No it's not a football stadium, it's hosted a few football games in it's time but murrayfield is the national rugby stadium 

:rofl:

Yes, mate, you are absolutely correct, it is indeed the national rugby stadium. But it's not a rugby stadium.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Overall you're having an utter nightmare in this thread.

Id throw in the towel if I were you.

Off course its up to you though.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yes, mate, you are absolutely correct, it is indeed the national rugby stadium. But it's not a rugby stadium.

When they're playing rugby in it, it is. ;)

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Ok - lets play the game at Parkhead then to keep the money in football.

:facepalm:

That's just plain stupid , parkhead Celtics home ground ! 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:lol:

Well, aye, but not when they're playing football.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Right. Think the point's been made.

Let's leave it there.

:lol:

Shanks said no

Was Ibrox available when Celtic last played at Murrayfield?

hampden and park head were out of commission because of the CG’s but did they choose to travel 40 miles on those occasions?

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Conclusive proof you don't know what you are talking about.

So Celtic, Hibs, and Hearts haven't hosted games at Murrayfield against the likes of Barcelona, AEK Athens, Braga, and others?

Ang PHM would know that!!!

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Overall you're having an utter nightmare in this thread.

Id throw in the towel if I were you.

Off course its up to you 

Murrayfield only on the table because the blazers have made an absolute mess of this ! Any other time the semi finals would be at hampden and quite rightly so

19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You've got very valid and fair point ! All I'm saying is if the decision is we play at hampden and the sheep play sevo at murrayfield without any draw for venues we'll all be on here saying that's unfair why no draw to decide 

No we wouldn't, we would be on here putting forward the case for why it should be our game that is played at Murrayfield, just like Celtic should be doing for why they think their game should be at Hampden.

Only the can't/won't.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Was Ibrox available when Celtic last played at Murrayfield?

hampden and park head were out of commission because of the CG’s but did they choose to travel 40 miles on those occasions?

Well obviously they'd rather that than give money to rangers

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hibs v Barcelona, Our games in the Champions League qualifiers.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, graygo said:

Hibs v Barcelona, Our games in the Champions League qualifiers.

Our games had to be because Tynecastle wasn't compliant as far as a remember 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

No we wouldn't, we would be on here putting forward the case for why it should be our game that is played at Murrayfield, just like Celtic should be doing for why they think their game should be at Hampden.

Only the can't/won't.

Rubbish ! It be a conspiracy etc etc

21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You've got very valid and fair point ! All I'm saying is if the decision is we play at hampden and the sheep play sevo at murrayfield without any draw for venues we'll all be on here saying that's unfair why no draw to decide 

From what I’ve read no we wont , not one Hearts fan seems to care if its Hampden as long as its at a time we can attend. 

The logistics and policing should determine it. Murrayfield has superb facilities (quoted by many press people when it was up for debate of replacing Hampden) travel wise its a lot easier to bring Celic fans through and send Aberdeen fans to Glasgow than it is to have people going back and forth to Glasgow and Edinburgh at the same time which is logistically and policing wise a difficult thing to do. 

You really are digging a hole and to say things like its exclusively a Rugby stadium is ridiculous. Its multi purpose and has coped with all sorts of events over the year and logistically has coped with near capacity football matches and 67000 rugby fans and all the transport and policing issues that brings.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Rubbish ! It be a conspiracy etc etc

You might say that, I reckon no other Hearts supporter would,

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

is it not Rugby Football ?

:leveinproblem:

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

It's guaranteed duncaster will now do everything possible to not make Murrayfield work,  the game will get moved to the following Saturday at hamdump after miraculously finding a reschedule plan for our league game.  

When we are dealing with a simpleton like donkey Doncaster expect the unexpected 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, sadj said:

From what I’ve read no we wont , not one Hearts fan seems to care if its Hampden as long as its at a time we can attend. 

The logistics and policing should determine it. Murrayfield has superb facilities (quoted by many press people when it was up for debate of replacing Hampden) travel wise its a lot easier to bring Celic fans through and send Aberdeen fans to Glasgow than it is to have people going back and forth to Glasgow and Edinburgh at the same time which is logistically and policing wise a difficult thing to do. 

You really are digging a hole and to say things like its exclusively a Rugby stadium is ridiculous. Its multi purpose and has coped with all sorts of events over the year and logistically has coped with near capacity football matches and 67000 rugby fans and all the transport and policing issues that brings.

As I've said earlier as a single dad as long as the time of the game family friendly I'll be there whether hampden or murrayfield 

31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Holds some yes 

More than some. Is it not just 1 game that has been held at the Principality since 2011?

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You might say that, I reckon no other Hearts supporter would,

Loads already have been 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Our games had to be because Tynecastle wasn't compliant as far as a remember 

Compliant to host a friendly? Afraid not mate, it was so we could get more money from ticket sales, in the case of Barcelona. 

22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Keep the money within football ? If a game [semi or  whatever] is allocated to Ibrox or Parkhead surely the SFA etc pay Rangers or Celtic a fee . Rangers or Celtic make more money , fair enough . Can't see what benefit that is to football in general

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, KevinKyle10 said:

Compliant to host a friendly? Afraid not mate, it was so we could get more money from ticket sales, in the case of Barcelona. 

Talking about champions league games 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I could go into length about this, having worked there, & for the WRU, but the Murrayfield-gate story, is far more interesting.

I'm going for a vodka.

I need something stronger.......

Selkirkhmfc1874

Anyways will agree to disagree ! Wherever game played hearts will get through to the final and the cups coming home 

23 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've even seen American Football there!...notionally, ....I got bored and spent most of the time eating and watching girls dance...

Seen a few exotic foreign football teams including Barcelona play there too.

Edited by Spellczech

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Looks like Doncaster has some serious competition for the "Worst Football Administrator" award.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45734761

But getting back on topic - what is it that's upsetting Celtic now ?I'm struggling to find it in this thread. 

Waaaaaa we dont wanna go to Edinburgh

waaaaaa Rangers don’t have to go to Edinburgh so we shouldn’t go to Edinburgh

waaaaaa we want to play at Hampden cause its in Glasgow

waaaaaa we want our end at Hampden so its like a home game

waaaaaa

pretty much covers it

To be honest, I'd rather we played at Hampden and the other was held at Murrayfield. It's a semi final and the day gets treated as such. The early rise, the beers before the M8, the few shandies before the stadium, and even though its a hole, being in Hampden, is all part of the occasion. Don't think its quite the same having a few pints in the Mill then walking to the stadium. Result is all that matters but purely selfishly, I'd rather go through there. 

23 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Murrayfield only on the table because the blazers have made an absolute mess of this ! Any other time the semi finals would be at hampden and quite rightly so

True, they should be at Hampden and I would have been happy to go to Hampden at a sensible time, but now that Murrayfield's been mentioned I don't want to go to Hampden any more. 

10 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

To be honest, I'd rather we played at Hampden and the other was held at Murrayfield. It's a semi final and the day gets treated as such. The early rise, the beers before the M8, the few shandies before the stadium, and even though its a hole, being in Hampden, is all part of the occasion. Don't think its quite the same having a few pints in the Mill then walking to the stadium. Result is all that matters but purely selfishly, I'd rather go through there. 

So would I to be honest but common sense tells us that it should be at Murrayfield.

Ministry of Football

If it irritates Celtic, we must be on the right track. 

Hearts will not travel in substantial numbers to Hampden for a league cup semi and will only take 10-15k, tops. Our only chance of matching Celtic, support wise, is if it is at Murrayfield. 

The capacity at Murrayfield is also 17,000 bigger, therfore the scope for making substantially more money, even after paying the SRU is outstanding. 

This is a no brainer

Really surprised this hasn't already been confirmed.

Moving the games to the Sunday is to Celtic's benefit otherwise there'd be no problem. But somehow, they are the losers in this. The fact there is a delay in announcement suggests SPFL listening to Lawwell. Ridiculous if this goes to a draw to decide! Logistically, if a game needs to be moved under these circumstances, it is our game. Celtic playing at Hampden has a bigger impact on the logistics. Both Hearts and Celtic have played competitive games at Murrayfield, so there is no advantage other than the ground being in Edinburgh.

Can imagine Rodgers moaning that we have an advantage because the pitch at Murrayfield is the same as at Tynecastle but Celtic haven't had a chance to experience it on short grass yet.

30 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

is it not Rugby Football ?

:leveinproblem:

Well, you say that, but they had some Rugby League games at Murrayfield in the past.

46 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I said he was in the office, no-one mentioned working :D

Good comeback 

3 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

If it irritates Celtic, we must be on the right track. 

Hearts will not travel in substantial numbers to Hampden for a league cup semi and will only take 10-15k, tops. Our only chance of matching Celtic, support wise, is if it is at Murrayfield. 

The capacity at Murrayfield is also 17,000 bigger, therfore the scope for making substantially more money, even after paying the SRU is outstanding. 

This is a no brainer

Another half a million to potentially be made. Though SRU will want a big fee to do all this at short notice, especially after the SFA ****ed them over.

8 minutes ago, kila said:

Really surprised this hasn't already been confirmed.

Moving the games to the Sunday is to Celtic's benefit otherwise there'd be no problem. But somehow, they are the losers in this. The fact there is a delay in announcement suggests SPFL listening to Lawwell. Ridiculous if this goes to a draw to decide! Logistically, if a game needs to be moved under these circumstances, it is our game. Celtic playing at Hampden has a bigger impact on the logistics. Both Hearts and Celtic have played competitive games at Murrayfield, so there is no advantage other than the ground being in Edinburgh.

Can imagine Rodgers moaning that we have an advantage because the pitch at Murrayfield is the same as at Tynecastle but Celtic haven't had a chance to experience it on short grass yet.

The pitch is more likely to be the same size as Hampden, we won't be preparing it.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

The pitch is more likely to be the same size as Hampden, we won't be preparing it.

I wasn't meaning the dimensions but the high end hybrid surface ;)