• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

23 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

BBC says that Aberdeen are expecting 50% of the available tickets - no mention in the article of yesterday's meeting though so it's not clear if Fraser was speaking after/before going into it, and no word from Ann Budge yet... The final quote implies that  Aberdeen & Hearts are still fighting, and nothing is set in stone yet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45713971

This was taken from his interview on Sportsound last night.

3fingersreid

I do hope at the next Hearts v Aberdeen league match at Tynecastle, Doncaster is invited along by two of the clubs he represents ( allegedly) as a guest , might be a nice idea to get him to do the half time draw too. I'm sure he'd appreciate the atmosphere being it will be very vociferous and he'd enjoy his name being sung by all 4 stands . 

Had a retired police officer in the cab last night and he's convinced it'll be changed, they're just waiting on , as he called it, an escape route for Doncaster and the spfl not losing face , in other words being told by the police or politicians to move the  kick off times .

9 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

He is the media spokesman for the SFA I think, so the tactic from the blazers is to attack the clubs if that's what he is saying?. 

They clearly have somthing to hide with this Hampden deal. 

He's not. He used to be the head of communications at the SFA but now works at Frame PR. I worked with him there. Frame's office is 2 mins from the BBC which helps with his regular appearances on the 6:30 sportsound debate.

30 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I find that quite amusing basically sums up any work place. Bosses saying aye no worries we can do this but inevitably it’s not the bosses that’s going to be policing the day at Hampden. 

Spot on. Tick it off as another example of Good Leadership and wait for the bonus cheque to appear. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

He's not. He used to be the head of communications at the SFA but now works at Frame PR. I worked with him there. Frame's office is 2 mins from the BBC which helps with his regular appearances on the 6:30 sportsound debate.

Correct, except he's a partner, not just an employee.  

However, Frame PR are contracted by the SFA to make them look good, so he is in effect being paid to support our football authorities whether directly employed or not.

His view can't be trusted to be balanced and impartial when he's paid to be on the SFA's side. 

I P Knightley
37 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Can't believe that we can't do pre orders tho or get food delivered to the seat. Plenty apps now that would aid this. 

Easy money and would reduce the queues at ht. 

A killing to be made by Deliveroo :)

29 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

7354D55B-04D3-444F-AAE0-078CCCBC5BF2.jpeg

Interesting that there has been complete silence from everyone involved in this farce following yesterday's meeting about "ticketing".  I wonder if there is a climb down and rescheduling in progress. 

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Correct, except he's a partner, not just an employee.  

However, Frame PR are contracted by the SFA to make them look good, so he is in effect being paid to support our football authorities whether directly employed or not.

His view can't be trusted to be balanced and impartial when he's paid to be on the SFA's side. 

I listened to this total throbber last night

He was  trotting out the  " people say one thing in a meeting then come out and say the immediate opposite"

he basically accused the Aberdeen and Hearts reps of lying

Both Hearts and Aberdeen have been unequivocal in their statements- that they were angry and made that clear at the meeting

Now they are being accused of being liars

doctor jambo

They don't care.

The Celtic fans will be there in numbers  because its in their back yard, and any seats we don't sell will be recycled to them,

The match will still be on TV, lots of young fans will miss out- but "only " Hearts fans.

In a few weeks after the match it will all have blown over and we can all carry on being shat on

If we lose the game they have the result they want anyway,

If we win the game we will stop moaning because we won

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

They don't care.

The Celtic fans will be there in numbers  because its in their back yard, and any seats we don't sell will be recycled to them,

The match will still be on TV, lots of young fans will miss out- but "only " Hearts fans.

In a few weeks after the match it will all have blown over and we can all carry on being shat on

If we lose the game they have the result they want anyway,

If we win the game we will stop moaning because we won

Beginning to hope that there is complete mayhem on the streets of Glasgow and that Hampden is trashed in the first game so badly that our game can't go ahead. If that happens all of the buffoons responsible for allowing this madness to happen can be forced from office. 

9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Beginning to hope that there is complete mayhem on the streets of Glasgow and that Hampden is trashed in the first game so badly that our game can't go ahead. If that happens all of the buffoons responsible for allowing this madness to happen can be forced from office. 

how do you force lawell from celtic, donkey's only the puppet, lawell has taken over from murray

letsalldothebeattie
30 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Barry Anderson Retweeted Grandfather Flump

I'm told the Betfred Cup semis are set in stone and are unlikely to change now. Ticket allocations are being finalised.

That’ll be that then. Let’s just wait for the shocking allocation and massive prices to put the rest off going

Hackney Hearts
32 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I'm told the Betfred Cup semis are set in stone and are unlikely to change now. Ticket allocations are being finalised.

"Unlikely to change" is not the same as set in stone.  Poor wording from a "journalist".

doctor jambo
13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Aberdeen vs Rangers to go to extra time then penalties.

Rangers winning followed by their fans hanging about outside waiting for Celtic fans to start arriving in pubs and on buses

There isn't much lee-way in the timings

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

"Unlikely to change" is not the same as set in stone.  Poor wording from a "journalist".

Not really

Anything is possible so leaving it open is fair comment

Scotrail strike or Police horse illness for example

15 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

What these F****** clowns fail to remember is the reason they are travelling to games at 12.00 on a saturday

A they are getting most of the TV money by getting all their away games televised

B their fans can't behave after a few shandys come 3 oclock

As for Scott McDonalds claim of Hampden to Edinburgh in 45 mins after a game - Ignorant aussie ******

Clearly never spent an hour and a half trying to get out of Hampden after a big game, plus obviously does not realise that Sunday service travel is far more limited than any other day. 

If this game has injury time, goes to extra time, goes to penalties there is a chance it could be almost 11pm before you get out of the stadium 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not really

The phrase 'set in stone' means nothing will change.

He can't then say 'unlikely to change', he has to say 'won't change'.

He could alternatively have said "it's pretty much set in stone and unlikely to change".

I'm complaining about his use of language, not the reality of the situation, whatever that may be.

7 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Aberdeen vs Rangers to go to extra time then penalties.

Rangers winning followed by their fans hanging about outside waiting for Celtic fans to start arriving in pubs and on buses

There isn't much lee-way in the timings

Or pens and Aberdeen win. The rangers fans decide to have some over exhuberance and destroy the pitch, seats etc. Then they go looking for the Celtic fans

...a bit disco

The topical questions are scheduled for 2:35pm onwards in the Scottish Parly today.

32 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Please don’t do anything so bad that you get arrested and by default tarnish the name of Heart of Midlothian!

It would be sad if thousands of Hearts fans book travel only to find they have wasted their money because the game is cancelled at short notice!

WorldChampions1902

If just ONE of the many possible scenarios results in our game not being able to proceed, presumably the football authorities will cancel this seasons LC tournament, given their sentiments that any other date and/or venue is 'impossible'?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, luckydug said:

Senior officers seem to have agreed this without consulting with the folk who actually have to do the dirty work.

It's the usual story of some fat cat in a top job sat behind a desk making decisions for other people to do the job while he sits at home with his feet up.

That's my job! I draw the line at feet up though, just too disrespectful but I do get a pedicure at 1 each day :lol:

30 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

If just ONE of the many possible scenarios results in our game not being able to proceed, presumably the football authorities will cancel this seasons LC tournament, given their sentiments that any other date and/or venue is 'impossible'?

I've been thinking the same since that clown opened his mouth. Neil "Rainman" Doncaster has a nice ring to it. 

57 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Its twitter mate; not English A-level

Is this kick off set in concrete yet

Planning my route now would be good, although ****ing long

Brussels - Amsterdam bus 02:00 Sunday morning

Amsters - Edinburgh 09:00

Train to Glasgow TBC

Walk back to Edinburgh Sunday night for 08:00 flight back Monday morning

Wasn't going to do this, but just can't miss it 

Different Class
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not really

Scotrail strike or Police horse illness for example

Police horses should seriously consider going on strike themselves 

36 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Nah, they will just chuck us out the competition and have a Sevco v Celtic final that they want.

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

My flume idea would solve the waiting problem. 

At the end, folk can just fire down a flume on to the street. 

It actually is a rather tedious wait, however it doesn't go more than around ten minutes, folk claiming 20 minutes plus must be crawling. 

This will be solved in due course tho. 

Can't believe that we can't do pre orders tho or get food delivered to the seat. Plenty apps now that would aid this. 

Easy money and would reduce the queues at ht. 

Ffs, it jumped threads again. 

I blame the adverts, pissing me off. 

??

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Banderson has taken that Tweet as a leading question. Nobody is going to say it will change until it does, if you promised it, or even hinted at it, you would get slaughtered and rightly so.

Maybe more in hope than expectation, I can not see anyone going through with this plan. The Hoo-Ha that has occurred, can you imagine if anything does go wrong?

16 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Train to Glasgow TBC

Now that's commitment. But **** sake none of us can really use the excuse we might be home late now ?

Edited by TheStig

Allowayjambo1874
9 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Train to Glasgow TBC

Well done mate, that’s a great effort. 

Now for for the big question, how on earth will the plans go for that epic trip from Hamilton? 

4 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Well done mate, that’s a great effort. 

Now for for the big question, how on earth will the plans go for that epic trip from Hamilton? 

**** Hamilton, full of Iraqis

To add to all this, I have 3 Hearts mates coming for a Molenbeek game Saturday night, so I am guessing it will be Beer-Match-Beer-Bus

Poor planning on their part and they will be stuck in Brussels on the Sunday watching the game as their flights are returning to Edinburgh Monday.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Banderson has taken that Tweet as a leading question. Nobody is going to say it will change until it does, if you promised it, or even hinted at it, you would get slaughtered and rightly so.

Maybe more in hope than expectation, I can not see anyone going through with this plan. The Hoo-Ha that has occurred, can you imagine if anything does go wrong?

The thing is, given the public outcry, if say a young fan gets stabbe or say damage due to fights or the police force have injuries, casualties - the SFA might well get sued as there is plenty evidence to suggest it's a bad idea and there are safer alternatives. 

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

If this ends up being correct, and the current plan is  forced through, I see no other option than for some kind of action by Hearts, Aberdeen, and fans of teams in Scotland outside of the Old Firm. I'm a sanguine kind of guy, and tend to just roll with things, but the way that the SPFL made a misleading statement about the suitability of this plan for all clubs, have invoked an early 1990's agreement to make the plan contractually the only option, and treated their member clubs and supporters with such disdain, has completely convinced me that we, as supporters, will have to do something. We have one opportunity, and it's fortuitous that it's Hearts and Aberdeen that have been on the receiving end together. Maybe we should agree along with Aberdeen fans not to enter Hampden until 14 minutes into the respective matches to mark the time that the first train would get into Queen Street after kick-off for their game. I don't know. But I'm convinced if we do nothing at this moment, we're condemning ourselves, our future supporters, and all clubs outside of the Old Firm, to more of the same. for years to come.

Yorkshire-jambo
19 minutes ago, JALBO said:

If this ends up being correct, and the current plan is  forced through, I see no other option than for some kind of action by Hearts, Aberdeen, and fans of teams in Scotland outside of the Old Firm. I'm a sanguine kind of guy, and tend to just roll with things, but the way that the SPFL made a misleading statement about the suitability of this plan for all clubs, have invoked an early 1990's agreement to make the plan contractually the only option, and treated their member clubs and supporters with such disdain, has completely convinced me that we, as supporters, will have to do something. We have one opportunity, and it's fortuitous that it's Hearts and Aberdeen that have been on the receiving end together. Maybe we should agree along with Aberdeen fans not to enter Hampden until 14 minutes into the respective matches to mark the time that the first train would get into Queen Street after kick-off for their game. I don't know. But I'm convinced if we do nothing at this moment, we're condemning ourselves, our future supporters, and all clubs outside of the Old Firm, to more of the same. for years to come.

We have to do something and I hope fans of all clubs in Scotland will stand with Hearts & Aberdeen.

Maybe clubs could have a banner on the 27th at their games showing support for starters.

12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

What the **** is the difference between the Police Federation and the Police?

How can one of them say the decision is a load of pish and the other day it’s all fine and dandy?

? how can a grown adult struggle to work out what the word Federation means ?!!? Lordy, some admission!! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I agree this is a crossroads. Let it pass and you will forever be taken for a mug. 

Why we should take no tickets nor Aberdeen. 

Sometimes sacrifices need to be made

12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

What the **** is the difference between the Police Federation and the Police?

How can one of them say the decision is a load of pish and the other day it’s all fine and dandy?

Police federation is the police version of "trade union".

They represent the rank and file officers who are the ones going to have to do massive amounts of overtime,and potentially put themselves at risk, over the decision of the Chief Constable, who will no doubt be enjoying the SPFL hospitality for being a yes man !!

Only in Scotland.

Listened to the PF guy on sportsound last night, he could not have condemned the decision in any stronger terms than he did. 

I don't think our support will be the problem. I have however grave concerns about what will happen in the event of Aberdeen winnin. Even worse if they win after extra time and penalties.   Madness having all four teams in the city playing at one venue even with a few hours between.  I pretty sure there will be damage to the seating after the first game. That's almost a given. If large swathes of it are damaged and Is unuseable it creates a health and safety issue and there would be no way of playing game. 

Ministry of Football
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree this is a crossroads. Let it pass and you will forever be taken for a mug. 

Why we should take no tickets nor Aberdeen. 

Sometimes sacrifices need to be made

This is the only solution to permanently fix the problem. If no one goes, they will not do it to another club again and Doncaster will have to step down. 

Not going if it is on the Sunday night. We need to stand as one on this. 

Its taking a long time to sort out these allocations. Each club initially gets 50% of the available tickets for their game. Job done!!!!!

2 hours ago, reaths17 said:

how do you force lawell from celtic, donkey's only the puppet, lawell has taken over from murray

That's becoming ever more obvious. Though you would have to question why Celtic would be publicly against the proposal but Lawell would be pushing it on in private. 

Edited by Deevers

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

This is the only solution to permanently fix the problem. If no one goes, they will not do it to another club again and Doncaster will have to step down. 

Not going if it is on the Sunday night. We need to stand as one on this. 

I think no move on date the club's should both take that stance. 

Yes we need to play the game but if it's purely to suit 2 of the protagonists then you have to be strong enough to believe what we are doing is for the bigger picture and a better future