Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

The point is though; hundreds, if not thousands, of supporters, the club's themselves, & media have come up with lucid, rational, reasons & alternatives, to the potentially volatile situation.

There are, in my opinion, and I'm sure many others, two base reasons why these are not being entertained by Doncaster. 

1) Doncaster's self-preservation.

2) Financial impropriety.

I think from what Ann Budge said in her interview there is just a total inflexibility and ability to think out of the box.  As soon as an alternative option hits a problem, it is immediately ruled out rather than asking whether there are solutions to be found.  

What I am suggesting above is the solution to the problem that Doncaster will immediately raise in response to the EEN's letter.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Fxxx the SPFL

I'm sorry but the obvious one is to play the semi a week later cancel the league fixture with Celtic rearrange it during the winter break in January. Craig Levein should come out and make a statement stating that we are happy to go with this date to allow Celtic to buy players in the January transfer window to see if that will help them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I'm sorry but the obvious one is to play the semi a week later cancel the league fixture with Celtic rearrange it during the winter break in January. Craig Levein should come out and make a statement stating that we are happy to go with this date to allow Celtic to buy players in the January transfer window to see if that will help them.

Even January 2nd. The logical step is to reverse the Celtic v Motherwell fixtures and ease the backlog. I'm sure Motherwell would welcome the home game first. Doing that offers solutions

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Something I haven't noticed anywhere else. But congested calendar is based on Rangers or Celtic reaching the Europa League semi finals.

:rofl:

41 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I'm sorry but the obvious one is to play the semi a week later cancel the league fixture with Celtic rearrange it during the winter break in January. Craig Levein should come out and make a statement stating that we are happy to go with this date to allow Celtic to buy players in the January transfer window to see if that will help them.... catch Hearts in the League ?

There is an easier option. Move the two semi-finals to the following weekend as we all play mid-week before that in the league. Then we could have a Saturday semi and a Sunday semi. On the plus side only three games would be cancelled as one of the games involved us with Celtic. No complications with that at all 

11 minutes ago, Heartsdaft said:

There is an easier option. Move the two semi-finals to the following weekend as we all play mid-week before that in the league. Then we could have a Saturday semi and a Sunday semi. On the plus side only three games would be cancelled as one of the games involved us with Celtic. No complications with that at all 

Not sure I get how only three games are cancelled but if we make the cup semi count for the league as well then problem solved. ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure I get how only three games are cancelled but if we make the cup semi count for the league as well then problem solved. ??‍♂️

4 games being cancelled atm because all teams in the semis were scheduled to play teams no longer in the competition. If it happens the next week, celtics game and ours are the same one so after rangers and Aberdeen have games called off, it's only 3

You are all (potentially) missing the point spectacularly. 

This decision is made to hinder our chances (and Aberdeens) 

There is 100% absolutely ZERO chance this decision will be reversed. It is pandering to the OF. It is completely biased. It is without doubt the most disgusting decision that confirms 100% that the decision makers are more bent than a ****ing 9 bob note.

An old firm final is what THEY want.

We have no say. ITS A ****IN SETUP!!!

17 minutes ago, Heartsdaft said:

Even easier to tell rangers to play on the Saturday. 

1 hour ago, micole said:

Bang on, this is the answer although I've no doubt the SPFL will find a way to poo poo this solution .

As General Melchett said - never poo poo the poo poo. There again he was infinitely more intelligent than the SPFL hierarchy, despite being an imbecile.

8 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

As General Melchett said - never poo poo the poo poo. There again he was infinitely more intelligent than the SPFL hierarchy, despite being an imbecile.

Aye Hogmany wiz ma kinda guy....think I would rather have him running oor  game..??

Edited by micole

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

1 game at Hampden, 1 game at Murrayfield on Sunday 28 October is the obvious solution 

...a bit disco

The Scottish Police Federation ain't happy.

"...Simply idiotic."

:lol:

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

The Scottish Police Federation ain't happy.

"...Simply idiotic."

Says there is massive pressure on the Police because it is Halloween (otherwise known as setting off random fireworks everywhere) weekend.  

...a bit disco

Kris Boyd just classed as "ignorant."

On the money tonight!

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Kris Boyd just classed as "ignorant."

On the money tonight!

MIchael Stewart ripping him up now as well.

Who on earth is the idiot who is trying his best to prove that the decision to play both games at Hampden on the same day. An absolute clown.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

MIchael Stewart ripping him up now as well.

Underlying tones of "He thinks Aberdeen fans are bad? What about the Old Firm fans?"

You could almost hear Mikey Stewart biting his tongue!

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Who on earth is the idiot who is trying his best to prove that the decision to play both games at Hampden on the same day. An absolute clown.

Darryl Broadfoot is a Scottish football writer.

He has been chief football writer with The Herald newspaper in Glasgow, as well as a regular guest on football shows such as Sportscene on BBC One Scotland, Radio Clyde and Setanta Sports.

In October 2009 Broadfoot replaced Rob Shohouse as the Head of the Scottish Football Association's Communications Department

Edited by ...a bit disco

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Daryl Broadfoot, ex SFA.

Well, well why does that not surprise me. Trying to defend the indefensible. What what a complete bellend. 

What about the contract if the draw had been Celtic v Rangers and Hearts v Aberdeen.Both games the same day at Hampden .I think not.

Edited by norrie1952
Sorry I now realise if that was the case we could have played saturday

Chaka Demus & pliers
3 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

What about the contract if the draw had been Celtic v Rangers and Hearts v Aberdeen.Both games the same day at Hampden .I think not.

We'd have played on the Saturday and the contract would be fine. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Eh.. Hearts v Aberdeen would be on the Saturday

4 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Obviously not, we would play Aberdeen at Hampden on the Saturday.

4 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Moot point though as there wouldn’t be a requirement for our game to be the Sunday.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Oops Disco on the ball as usual.

tumblr_ojx7b8k8nW1uyfszco1_400.gif

:thumbsup:

Just now, Mort said:

Moot point though as there wouldn’t be a requirement for our game to be the Sunday.

Sorry I did edit when I realised my mistake

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

tumblr_ojx7b8k8nW1uyfszco1_400.gif

:thumbsup:

Aye. Don't big up yer part though sunshine ?

Edited by Notts1874

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Why not just switch the Hearts Celtic league and cup games?

Play the Celtic league game on the 28th at 7:45. We only get less than 2000 tickets anyway and low amount of kids.

Start Rangers Aberdeen at c. 1:30.

Different parts of Glasgow - what’s the problem?

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Aye. Don't big up yer part though sunshine ?

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Play the Celtic league game on the 28th at 7:45. We only get less than 2000 tickets anyway and low amount of kids.

Police Scotland won't allow Rangers and Celtic to play in Glasgow on the same day at different stadia.  

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Best suggest I've heard yet outside Murrayfield which those clowns at the SFA/SPFL were never going to accept 

On 29/09/2018 at 14:06, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Thought Boyd in the Sun summed up the Old Firm approach to Hampden in his column today!

He says its ok for fans from Aberdeen to arrive late for the game, as Rangers and Celtic have the same problems travelling to Aberdeen for an early kick off?

He obviously thinks that 2 wrong make a right in his book?

His thoughts about the fans and bother, is for them to behave themselves and be in bed before the next game starts, so no problems for the Police.

What these F****** clowns fail to remember is the reason they are travelling to games at 12.00 on a saturday

A they are getting most of the TV money by getting all their away games televised

B their fans can't behave after a few shandys come 3 oclock

As for Scott McDonalds claim of Hampden to Edinburgh in 45 mins after a game - Ignorant aussie ******

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Best suggest I've heard yet outside Murrayfield which those clowns at the SFA/SPFL were never going to accept 

The SFA are completely cup to their necks in all of this. All that needed to happen to allow one of these games to be played at Murrayfield was for them to wave their right to having it played at Hampden.  They have been absolutely silent in all of this. It once again shows just what contempt they have for ordinary supporters. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

The SFA are completely cup to their necks in all of this. All that needed to happen to allow one of these games to be played at Murrayfield was for them to wave their right to having it played at Hampden.  They have been absolutely silent in all of this. It once again shows just what contempt they have for ordinary supporters. 

To be fair it's not just a case of waiving their right, there is a cost implication as well. However I'm sure that would be overcome by the increased attendances.

There is a simple solution in all of this that fulfills the commitment to Hampden, and plays the games on different days and reasonable KO times.

game 1 Saturday 27th October 5.15pm KO 

game 2 Sunday 28th October any KO between 1pm and 4pm

this ensures both games are played when the SPFL planned them to be played.

only issue in this is one of Celtic or Rangers will be p1ssed at this, but who cares, as that is the attitude in the media to Hearts and Aberdeen so both clubs should say they are happy to play a game when it was supposed to be played. I can only imagine the out cry in the media about this if It was the suggested.

Meanwhile, come December everyone will be going on about how great the EPL is over Christmas and NY as teams play 2 games in 3 days, yet we won’t do it for one team.

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

To be fair it's not just a case of waiving their right, there is a cost implication as well. However I'm sure that would be overcome by the increased attendances.

It would have been by far the most sensible solution to try and agree a compromise with the SFA to allow one of the ties to be played at Murrayfield.

Did the SPFL even seriously pursue this option?  All Doncaster said was that they had asked the question.  What question?

SPFL - Is it OK if we play one of the semi-finals at a different stadium?

SFA - GTF!

SPFL - Oh well, at least we asked the question.

There's a big difference between asking to move one of the games, and actually seriously trying to negotiate a deal to accommodate a switch.