Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

avhudtheteeshirt

Thought Boyd in the Sun summed up the Old Firm approach to Hampden in his column today!

He says its ok for fans from Aberdeen to arrive late for the game, as Rangers and Celtic have the same problems travelling to Aberdeen for an early kick off?

He obviously thinks that 2 wrong make a right in his book?

His thoughts about the fans and bother, is for them to behave themselves and be in bed before the next game starts, so no problems for the Police.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

1 minute ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Loving Ann budges statement on sportsound sounds like she’s been trying to figure out a solution.

Definitely stronger once she got going. 

ToadKiller Dog
2 minutes ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Loving Ann budges statement on sportsound sounds like she’s been trying to figure out a solution.

That's Ann's style she isn't soft but is sombody willing to look for compromise. 

9 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Heaven forbid there is an incident on the day there will be some major backtracking from some media personalities looking to save there cushy jobs , the noise of “we told you so” from the normal football public will be deafening 

I reckon the opposite will happen, it will be relatively quiet or at least that is how it will be spun and we will forever be legitimately shafted for kick off times for all time.

Nothing will happen. Aberdeen will play Rangers and when it ends the fans will go home or to their locals.

hearts will beat Celtic by 9.30pm and we’ll be back by midnight. Great evening ahead.

2 minutes ago, Dalry said:

Nothing will happen. Aberdeen will play Rangers and when it ends the fans will go home or to their locals.

hearts will beat Celtic by 9.30pm and we’ll be back by midnight. Great evening ahead.

Lets hope you’re right. Somehow I think it will turn to shit.

9 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Lets hope you’re right. Somehow I think it will turn to shit.

It won't. Listening to Sportsound yesterday and other pundits you would think Scottish football fans are loaded with Ultras! Honestly the Rangers and especially the Aberdeen fans will just head back to their own places after the game. The police will be on the case and most, if not all, city centre pubs in Glasgow won't allow football colours. I remember the same carnage was predicted for our Hampden semi with Hibs and nothing happened. The vast majority of fans don't want trouble and will look to avoid potential trouble by heading back after the game.

I'm in the minority and looking forward to a rare evening semi-final under the lights at Hampden and being able to have a good meal and a few drinks before the game, I hate these lunchtime kick-offs.

I haven't really thought this through (or properly checked to see if it has been mentioned!) but it popped into my head this morning... Could they not postpone both semi finals to the following weekend? Have one on Saturday 3rd and the other on Sunday 4th? 

Just stick with the normal league games the weekend of 27th/28th. 

Everyone plays midweek on the 31st anyway so no advantages that way. May be something I'm missing though... 

I can bet my salary this month that not even they catering company who does the pies was consulted upon it. 

Its easy needing 120,000 pies minium just for that day alone. Plus the staff to. Turn the stadium around. 

Hoping they see sence. Yesterday  amazing on BBC raido Scotland 

46 minutes ago, Dalry said:

It won't. Listening to Sportsound yesterday and other pundits you would think Scottish football fans are loaded with Ultras! Honestly the Rangers and especially the Aberdeen fans will just head back to their own places after the game. The police will be on the case and most, if not all, city centre pubs in Glasgow won't allow football colours. I remember the same carnage was predicted for our Hampden semi with Hibs and nothing happened. The vast majority of fans don't want trouble and will look to avoid potential trouble by heading back after the game.

I'm in the minority and looking forward to a rare evening semi-final under the lights at Hampden and being able to have a good meal and a few drinks before the game, I hate these lunchtime kick-offs.

Have you woken up yet?

1 hour ago, Dalry said:

Good luck finding a pub and place to eat with a that a) isn't full b) is safe to be in after the first match.

I've been in Glasgow city centre after an old firm game and it makes Syria look quiet and peaceful.  This is going to be far worse than old firm days.

Your comparison with Hibs is irrelevant.  Two teams from Edinburgh, with Hibs fans leaving long before the final whistle after an early kick off.  Hibs were well short on selling their allocation.  This time we have 4 sets of fans that hate each other going to be in the same area.

Edited by frankblack

57 minutes ago, Dano307 said:

I haven't really thought this through (or properly checked to see if it has been mentioned!) but it popped into my head this morning... Could they not postpone both semi finals to the following weekend? Have one on Saturday 3rd and the other on Sunday 4th? 

Just stick with the normal league games the weekend of 27th/28th. 

Everyone plays midweek on the 31st anyway so no advantages that way. May be something I'm missing though... 

That would be a sensible option.

So for that reason no chance of happening.

Hearts owner Ann Budge vows battle will go on over Betfred Cup semi final farce

Written by Danny Stewart, 30 September 2018
4 minutes

HEARTS owner Ann Budge last night said the Betfred Cup semi-final decision could be “a disaster waiting to happen.”

And, as the fixture scheduling row rumbled on, she pledged to keep pushing the SPFL to abandon their controversial plan to play both showpieces at Hampden on Sunday, October 28.

“I’m still frustrated and dismayed at what we seem to be facing,” she said.

“We’ve spoken almost tirelessly for the last 48 hours to try to come up with the alternative, and it’s proving to be very, very difficult.

“At the moment, I have been told that they have done all they can, and that we are going to have to stick with it as it is.

“But everybody must recognise that it’s almost a disaster waiting to happen.

“It’s been well publicised, and people have been on the news and asked their views. And they are right.

“There are going to be four large clubs (Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers) all converging at the same time, all wanting to do the same thing.

“They’ll be arriving early to go for a pint, they will be going back to the pubs after the first game.

“It really is a big problem.

“I guess from the SPFL perspective, all they can do is say to Police Scotland : ‘Are you happy you can handle this?’. And Police Scotland have apparently said yes.

“But clearly, no one believes this is a good solution.

“I don’t think the SPFL believe it’s a good solution. I think, genuinely, they feel that, for whatever reason, their hands are tied and they can’t come up with an alternative.”

Budge was at the meeting on Thursday at which the decision was reached.

But she rejected emphatically the League’s assertion that staging the kick-offs at noon and 7.45pm suited the clubs.

“The four clubs were there, Hampden Park were represented and, of course, the SPFL,” she said.

“When we were told what was being proposed, you could have knocked me down with a feather.

“It certainly doesn’t suit Hearts or Aberdeen, there’s no question about that.

“And I did ask the question of the other clubs at the meeting. I said: ‘Can I just be clear, does anyone think this is a good solution?’.

“All of the four clubs agreed that it wasn’t. The Glasgow clubs were thinking from a fans’ perspective and anticipating difficulties for some of their support that come from far and wide.

“I just hope that we can continue to talk about the scheduling because otherwise we all know it’s hugely risky for Scottish football.

“I will continue to press to say: ‘Please, let’s keep looking and come up with another alternative’.

“I will just keep pushing.”

21 hours ago, Victorian said:

There's no way we'll get 25k or even 15k of tickets up front without an obligation to hand back unsold tickets.     Not now after what Levein said.     I think 15k is about the limit of what we can sell in the circumstances but more likely it could be as low as 8k.

One of our ‘benefactors’ could possibly pony up for all unsold tickets so that Celtic don’t get them and then get a cut of our share of the money at least to partially repay them.

Also - why the **** should Hearts and Aberdeen pay for buses for fans? - it should be the SPFL offering to do this to take the heat out of the situation they have created.

Edited by Jammy T

A_A wehatethehibs

You’d be better off playing one of the games on the Monday night honestly. 

There is no difference between a Monday and Sunday night, and it avoids having to have all the fans in the same stadium on the same day. 

ToadKiller Dog

The business association in Glasgow and the Scottish licensed trade have said its a bad decision. 

Many pubs are talking of staying closed than taking the risk. 

They also fear they will loose a fortune as non football fans avoid the centre of Glasgow for fear of trouble. 

Nobody except the SFA spfl bosses, chic dung and a few other numpties support this plan. 

2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The business association in Glasgow and the Scottish licensed trade have said its a bad decision. 

Many pubs are talking of staying closed than taking the risk. 

They also fear they will loose a fortune as non football fans avoid the centre of Glasgow for fear of trouble. 

Nobody except the SFA spfl bosses, chic dung and a few other numpties support this plan. 

The more non-football parties get involved the better as this will put the pressure on the police and/or their bosses ,the MSP's, to get this shambles sorted .

Only down side is I'm sure that the fud that is Doncaster ,would possibly ,be able to dodge the sack by saying they were forced to change it but only after duress.

2 hours ago, Dalry said:

Generalising here but the kick off times - especially the later one- will change the demographic of our support by removing most of the kids and a lot of the more “sensible” fans will not travel due to fears of trouble. 

This leaves an away support largely made up of young guys who have no issue at hanging around Glasgow for hours before the game. 

The simplest solution would be to admit they made a mistake by assuming Celtic would be playing in the Champions league and rather than move everything around to suit the circumstances, move the teams around instead.

Celtic v Rangers

Hearts v Aberdeen

Job done. 

I was told yesterday morning that Aberdeen fans are planning on damaging seats during there game. Should make things a little more interesting if true

9 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

someone should post an on line petition to get Donkey Doncaster out.

The whole lot of them at the SPFL and the SFA need emptied and start again run by professionals who have no bias or links to any clubs in Scotland.

42 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

The simplest solution would be to admit they made a mistake by assuming Celtic would be playing in the Champions league and rather than move everything around to suit the circumstances, move the teams around instead.

Celtic v Rangers

Hearts v Aberdeen

Job done. 

No, no, you can't have that - the powers that be and the media cretins have been salvating over the Old Firm Final to come. Undoubtedly the referees have been hand picked already to ensure that their wishes come true. Collum for our game and Dallas for the Aberdeen one.

31 minutes ago, millano77 said:

I was told yesterday morning that Aberdeen fans are planning on damaging seats during there game. Should make things a little more interesting if true

My mrs down here in rural North Lincolnshire works in a pub-restaurant where the head chef is an ex Man U hooligan from the 80s. He's no longer active but he knows and follows all the hooligan websites and according to what he's learned, Hearts casuals are travelling through early to meet up with Rangers and they are both planning to attack Aberdeen. Rangers are apparently sticking around with Hearts and a joint attack on Celtic is planned for the evening. I think the only fans happy with the current plans will be the hooligans.

53 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Celtic v Rangers

Hearts v Aberdeen

Job done. 

We have a winner, more plausible than the proposed arrangement. If the OF have a special contracted privilege to play at Hampden, let them get on with it.

Have a feeling that one game will get moved to another date and time. This pressure on Donkeyster has just started and will get much worse for him. He is taking a massive risk if this goes seriously tits up with trouble and a possible unplayable pitch if it pisses down before the huns and sheep game, not to forget seat damage.

Becoming more and more clear it is the SFA who really do not want one of these ties at Murrayfield, as it'll be a massive crowd with incredible atmosphere, embarrassing their decision to buy Hampden.

But it is looking likely to be the only workable solution :D 

Apols if this has been posted before (warning - link takes you to scarily appalling Scotsman website)

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/stephen-halliday-easy-to-blame-neil-doncaster-but-look-closer-to-home-1-4807154

I have not encountered the work of Stephen Halliday before but this reads as if he phoned up Neil Donkey-Stair and said, 'Right, Neil, tell me whit ye waant me tae say.'

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Becoming more and more clear it is the SFA who really do not want one of these ties at Murrayfield, as it'll be a massive crowd with incredible atmosphere, embarrassing their decision to buy Hampden.

But it is looking likely to be the only workable solution :D 

Rod Petrie is the SFA chairman-in-waiting supposedly.

:whistling:

...a bit disco
Just now, kirkierobroy said:

Apols if this has been posted before (warning - link takes you to scarily appalling Scotsman website)

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/stephen-halliday-easy-to-blame-neil-doncaster-but-look-closer-to-home-1-4807154

I have not encountered the work of Stephen Halliday before but this reads as if he phoned up Neil Donkey-Stair and said, 'Right, Neil, tell me whit ye waant me tae say.'

Click on his name and check out his other content.

You'll notice a theme developing quickly.

highlandjambo3

See this contractual obligation pish they are talking about, I understand what a contract is and why they are put in place to protect a number of parties and, honour an agreement made by said parties but, this is exceptional circumstances.  Is there actually someone out there thinking they are being short changed if they play a game at Murryfield ffs........

Ann has mentioned a number of times about a huge “no can do” attitude to every option mentioned with a weak contractual obligation nonsense being spouted.  I just get a vision of the little Britain clip where the computer says no. Fekin Murryfield ffs 

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

The more non-football parties get involved the better as this will put the pressure on the police and/or their bosses ,the MSP's, to get this shambles sorted .

Only down side is I'm sure that the fud that is Doncaster ,would possibly ,be able to dodge the sack by saying they were forced to change it but only after duress.

I'm beginning to wonder if poor old Donkeycaster has been hung out to dry by the SFA here. What seems to have been overlooked is he explicitly said the question was asked of Hampden but the request was turned down. Time for government to ask the collective football authorities involved in the farce to explain themselves. Did the SFA/Hampden turn down a request to move one of the fixtures ?  Is this all about a power struggle between the SFA/SPFL - Lawell has publicly slaughtered the SFA and backed Doncaster. The question needs to be asked - is it simpler and acceptable to move one of the fixtures to Murrayfield than to have this current farce which has been damned by all concerned. Why have the collective football authorities not acted in the best interests of football , the clubs and the fans. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Celtic v Rangers

Hearts v Aberdeen

Job done. 

Not posible

They have a signed contract with BT Sports that states it must be a Celtic v Rangers final

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You’d be better off playing one of the games on the Monday night honestly. 

There is no difference between a Monday and Sunday night, and it avoids having to have all the fans in the same stadium on the same day. 

Full card of league games on the Wednesday. 

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm beginning to wonder if poor old Donkeycaster has been hung out to dry by the SFA here. What seems to have been overlooked is he explicitly said the question was asked of Hampden but the request was turned down. Time for government to ask the collective football authorities involved in the farce to explain themselves. Did the SFA/Hampden turn down a request to move one of the fixtures ?  Is this all about a power struggle between the SFA/SPFL - Lawell has publicly slaughtered the SFA and backed Doncaster. The question needs to be asked - is it simpler and acceptable to move one of the fixtures to Murrayfield than to have this current farce which has been damned by all concerned. Why have the collective football authorities not acted in the best interests of football , the clubs and the fans. 

I agree with all, and i’ll add, after the Hampden or Murrayfield debate, there was not a chance in hell of the SFA/SPFL going to use Murrayfield, bigger crowd, better match day experience, it would put their decision to stay at Hampden under even more scrutiny. 

ToadKiller Dog

I think we will see a climb down from them some point this week. 

They will be frantically looking for away to do so which leaves them the least way exposed to calls for an investigation. 

...a bit disco

Potentially Gordon Waddells finest hour.

A real change from his usual slaverings.

3 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Celtic v Rangers

Hearts v Aberdeen

Job done. 

:biglaugh:... 'admit they made a mistake'... Good one, that.

3 hours ago, millano77 said:

I heard that the Rangers fans are going to eat loads of white bread and block the toilets with enormous jobbies.

In all seriousness, there's a hundred things that could go wrong by fair play or foul. As Troy posted above, there's a risk assessment somewhere which must record the biggest whitewash since they last painted Donald Trump's place of work.

Doncaster is a colossal bell-end. I don't believe that his wife moved their kids to England due to fear of threatening behaviour from football supporters; I reckon she just can't stand seeing his gormless face every day. Shame is if the kids look like him.