• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Scnorthedinburgh
3 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

My mrs down here in rural North Lincolnshire works in a pub-restaurant where the head chef is an ex Man U hooligan from the 80s. He's no longer active but he knows and follows all the hooligan websites and according to what he's learned, Hearts casuals are travelling through early to meet up with Rangers and they are both planning to attack Aberdeen. Rangers are apparently sticking around with Hearts and a joint attack on Celtic is planned for the evening. I think the only fans happy with the current plans will be the hooligans.

Hearts casuals? Fine that's 10 people to look out for. Most of them have grown up and moved on from aranged fights. 

1 minute ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Hearts casuals? Fine that's 10 people to look out for. Most of them have grown up and moved on from aranged fights. 

Possibly. Don't shoot the messenger m8!

39 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Sorry didn't mean any offence.

No apology necessary and no offence taken.

3 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

My mrs down here in rural North Lincolnshire works in a pub-restaurant where the head chef is an ex Man U hooligan from the 80s. He's no longer active but he knows and follows all the hooligan websites and according to what he's learned, Hearts casuals are travelling through early to meet up with Rangers and they are both planning to attack Aberdeen. Rangers are apparently sticking around with Hearts and a joint attack on Celtic is planned for the evening. I think the only fans happy with the current plans will be the hooligans.

Believable, not the first time that has happened. 

My only option to get back after the match is the 11:15pm sleeper train back from Central.  How long is it likely to take to get to Central after the match? 

3 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Apols if this has been posted before (warning - link takes you to scarily appalling Scotsman website)

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/stephen-halliday-easy-to-blame-neil-doncaster-but-look-closer-to-home-1-4807154

I have not encountered the work of Stephen Halliday before but this reads as if he phoned up Neil Donkey-Stair and said, 'Right, Neil, tell me whit ye waant me tae say.'

You are lucky you haven't. Old Firm lickspittle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bring forward our game by 1 week reverse Celtic Motherwell fixtures. Easy as that. Umpteen dates to play Hearts Aberdeen and use the date spared for Celtic and Motherwell for Celtic Hibs. 

4 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

This is another thing that has not been considered or thought through it would not surprise me if someone gets killed and if so Donkey Doncaster will be responsible.

Scnorthedinburgh
19 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

My only option to get back after the match is the 11:15pm sleeper train back from Central.  How long is it likely to take to get to Central after the match? 

Train from mount Florida and your ok if you belt it at the final whistle. Extra time your doomed.

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Luckily we're in the Rangers end of Hampden and mount Florida station is easy to get to. It takes about 15 minutes from Mount Florida to Central.

They will have loads of trains on and the queuing system is really easy and goes down quickly

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Train from mount Florida and your ok if you belt it at the final whistle. Extra time your doomed.

Eh. If there is no extra time you could easily be on the train at mount florida at 10pm

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Potentially Gordon Waddells finest hour.

A real change from his usual slaverings.

Exactly what i was thinking usually cannae wait to stick the boot in to Hearts seen him outside Tynie once and told him he was a total Ravi Shankir IT FELT GOOD 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, andi17 said:

Exactly what i was thinking usually cannae wait to stick the boot in to Hearts seen him outside Tynie once and told him he was a total Ravi Shankir IT FELT GOOD 

:thumbsup:

CavySlaveJambo

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Luckily we're in the Rangers end of Hampden and mount Florida station is easy to get to. It takes about 15 minutes from Mount Florida to Central.

They will have loads of trains on and the queuing system is really easy and goes down quickly

Scotrail staff will potentially be work to rule (no overtime) which will mean it will be extremely challenging for them to put on extra trains over the sunday service. 

25 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

I think the only fans happy with the current plans will be the hooligans.

Not quite an oxymoron, but definitely a contradiction in terms.

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Scotrail staff will potentially be work to rule (no overtime) which will mean it will be extremely challenging for them to put on extra trains over the sunday service. 

Even with no extra trains, there are still plenty of trains to get him in on time.

Extra time might be a bit tricky, but it's still doable

32 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Thanks.  Would I definitely make it if it finished after 90 minutes?  I'm guessing I'd have to leave if it went to extra time which would be a nightmare.  Not sure I will go because it will be such a hassle but might do it if I know I will definitely make the train after 90 mins. 

Would probably end up saying for extra time and penalties and missing the train though...

All it needs is an incident like this mornings on the M8 and the best laid plans will be left in chaos

Did anyone ask about rail repairs at the weekend ?

Did anyone ask about road repairs at the weekend ?

Doncaster and co put the fans last and TV first......BT played along because it suits them and their target audience when there are no Sky games on in competition

5 hours ago, kila said:

Becoming more and more clear it is the SFA who really do not want one of these ties at Murrayfield, as it'll be a massive crowd with incredible atmosphere, embarrassing their decision to buy Hampden.

But it is looking likely to be the only workable solution :D 

The SFA are the only shareholders in Hampden Park Ltd

5 hours ago, kila said:

Becoming more and more clear it is the SFA who really do not want one of these ties at Murrayfield, as it'll be a massive crowd with incredible atmosphere, embarrassing their decision to buy Hampden.

But it is looking likely to be the only workable solution :D 

Here is where I’m at. The SRU will throw everything at any potential LC Semi. Flames, Pyro, Pipers on the roof. The whole 9yds. Would put Hampden to shame. The SPFL know this. They know how to put a show on that’s for sure........

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Official struck at today's game. These neds mixed with Celtic and Aberdeen it's a toxic mix that simply should be avoided. It's only 2 years since the last mayhem. 

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

In a strange sort of way I want there to be carnage, god forbid no one gets hurt though.  A bit of light pavement dancing, some bins chucked about, the odd polis charge (including horseback), just enough to be able to take the moral high ground and point out “told you so” to the weegeia.  Crime rate in Glesga to go through the roof that day as plod fails to police the rest of weegie land by over committing to the football.  Cops to call in sick etc.......  am I the only one who feels like this?

oh and Aberdeen and hearts to win

8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

In a strange sort of way I want there to be carnage, god forbid no one gets hurt though.  A bit of light pavement dancing, some bins chucked about, the odd polis charge (including horseback), just enough to be able to take the moral high ground and point out “told you so” to the weegeia.  Crime rate in Glesga to go through the roof that day as plod fails to police the rest of weegie land by over committing to the football.  Cops to call in sick etc.......  am I the only one who feels like this?

oh and Aberdeen and hearts to win

If (when) Aberdeen win there won't be an intact seat left at the Rangers end of the ground. No chance of our game taking place and a mix of angry Orcs, delighted sheep along with livid Hearts and Celtic supporters mixing In the centre of Weegie town. What on earth could go wrong? 

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If (when) Aberdeen win there won't be an intact seat left at the Rangers end of the ground. No chance of our game taking place and a mix of angry Orcs, delighted sheep along with livid Hearts and Celtic supporters mixing In the centre of Weegie town. What on earth could go wrong? 

Correct.......utter carnage but no one seriously hurt

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

All it needs is an incident like this mornings on the M8 and the best laid plans will be left in chaos

Did anyone ask about rail repairs at the weekend ?

Did anyone ask about road repairs at the weekend ?

Doncaster and co put the fans last and TV first......BT played along because it suits them and their target audience when there are no Sky games on in competition

Doncaster and co have worked out this plan on the back of a fag packet without any thought and shoved two fingers up to everybody who has an interest in these fixtures the incompetence is frightening to think that these fools are making big decisions about Scottish Football.

The obvious answer and most practical is to play one game at Hampden and the other at Murrayfield both kick of at same time on Sunday afternoon AT THE SAME TIME.

Might have been asked before but what end will we be in?If Celtic get they're traditional end it will surely make it more awkward for us to get to and from game

23 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ticket arrangements to be determined tomorrow, apparently. 

Source is Raman from STV.

Well they had to do it quick to back up their farcical kick off times. 

Interesting to see the reaction of both Aberdeen and Hearts.

Correct, sorry folks we can't change it now the tickets have been printed.

ToadKiller Dog

It's ridiculous the SFA, SPfl, chic dung, Scott Mcdonald and Wullie (it's a foul) Miller . 

Going up against 

The clubs and supporters 

The police federation

Scotrail

The Scottish licensed trade 

Glasgow business community. 

Various politicians. 

Common sense, reality. 

Really a bunch of arrogant tossers. 

Clubs should refuse to take any tickets until a review is carried out. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Eh. If there is no extra time you could easily be on the train at mount florida at 10pm

Being Sunday night you could wait ages for a train.

Probably quicker walking, takes about 45 mins.

I wouldn't bet on there being extra trains. In any case someone mentioned industrial action on the railways planned for that weekend. 

Whatever the outcome we need to ensure this does not continue.

I would think the contract runs to the same date as the SFA's lease which is about to expire.

Now that the SFA have bought Hampden we need to ensure they do not have a similar contract put in place. They will want to have one as it guarantees income

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Mrs B said during her interview on Saturday that she was trying to get Mondays meeting agenda changed to more scheduling discussions rather than tickets. "We all need to think outside the box" she said.

King Of The Cat Cafe
8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Generalising here but the kick off times - especially the later one- will change the demographic of our support by removing most of the kids and a lot of the more “sensible” fans will not travel due to fears of trouble. 

This leaves an away support largely made up of young guys who have no issue at hanging around Glasgow for hours before the game. 

Your first paragraph sums up the quandary I am in.

My thoughts prior to the draw were to fly into Glasgow on the day of the match and stay overnight before flying home the next day.  That was predicated on there being a sane kick-off time.

I could still do that.  (Lack of loyalty points not going to be a handicap here, I think...)

However, chances are sensible supporters will be making their way to Hampden mingling with some - from both clubs - who have spent hours getting tanked up, and afterwards leaving Hampden at 10 or 10.30 and making their way homewards through fans who are still tanked up, and many of whom will be seething after a defeat.  Should probably also include fans of two other teams  celebrating/drowning their sorrows after the early KO.

I am sure someone in the SPFL and their hangers-on will say "well, what about evening kick-offs at Ibrox and Celtic Park, what's the difference?"  The difference is this is a one-off cup match and feelings will be running higher than usual.   (And if I was to go to a Hearts game at either camp, it would not be for an evening game anyway.)

23 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

If we don’t get 50/50 ticket split tomorrow....

No danger it’s a 50/50 split, be amazed if Celtic didn’t get the whole North stand. Hearts will get half the South and the West. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Its hardly news given our owner told us this on Saturday

The meeting is re tickets but there will be a discussion about other matters for sure

47 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Craig Levein was talking in terms of us having an allocation of 25,000 tickets. I was assuming that was the way it worked: start from a 50:50 split. If it looks like you're not selling your allocation, return some and they can go to the other club - something like that?

The way Craig put it, I thought he was advocating us taking all 25,000. HMFC supporters can choose whether to go but if we look like falling short of the 25k, he's suggesting we don't return them. I'm reading between lines, though.

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Craig Levein was talking in terms of us having an allocation of 25,000 tickets. I was assuming that was the way it worked: start from a 50:50 split. If it looks like you're not selling your allocation, return some and they can go to the other club - something like that?

The way Craig put it, I thought he was advocating us taking all 25,000. HMFC supporters can choose whether to go but if we look like falling short of the 25k, he's suggesting we don't return them. I'm reading between lines, though.

Won't matter as neither Hearts or Celtic will sell their full allocations.

Go back to 2012 total attendance 36000 = 24k them + 12K us.

That was for a big cup semi final with a lunch time kick off.

I can't see how there can be any more expected for a Sunday evening.

Probably be even less and by quite a bit as well.

Make no mistake these idiots have cost the clubs valuable revenue and should be made to stump up compensation if they insist on these timings.

Apoligies if already mentioned but I haven't been keeping up with the thread but has large screen beam back at tynecastle an option? Obviously for legal reasons that's perhaps not possible  but would that not be an option for those unable to attend the game? You get to see the game with an atmosphere of sorts and Hearts get money.

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

Really liking this scenario. Rangers eliminated, a weak Aberdeen team for the final, Celtic fans raging and having to admit that Budge and Levein were right, no one seriously hurt, and all the blame falls on the huns. Brilliant.

been here before
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Whoever Raman from STV is he's not the source of that.

Anne Budge mentioned it in her interview on Radio Scotland yesterday.

Just noticed this was noted nearly an hour ago... :facepalm:

Edited by been here before

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Then it's time for ourselves and Aberdeen to consider forfeiting!!

the police say they can handle it but couldn't handle the exit from Ibrox in the abandoned game vs Hearts. Resources were concentrated to the main entrance when rangers fans tried to storm the building. It was always going to be a highly charged encounter between the fans but the police were nowhere to be seen when fans exited, despite the high likelihood of violence. 

The trouble can come from the Police being pulled this way and that, leaving folk vulnerable to planned ambushes. If some groups want to cause trouble they will and the police will potentially not be there to stop it.

Why take that risk? it is irresponsible to a breathtaking level.