Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

11 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Ill be going if i have to walk there and back - Thats exactly what those idiots want us to do..... I say be strong turn up wi 20000 and do them

Id like to see the Hearts and Aberdeen committing to hire a couple of hundred supporters buses from the cash they'll receive - free travel for fans and lets see where the glasgow police are gonna park them see how they are gonna deal wi that level of organisation

Like the bus idea.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Ill be going if i have to walk there and back - Thats exactly what those idiots want us to do..... I say be strong turn up wi 20000 and do them

I'm with you on this.

The Police have decided on the order to put off Hearts and Dons fans travelling in numbers. We should both take as many fans as possible so it makes it a logistical nightmare.

That would more likely make them think twice about doing it again than fans boycotting it.

They couldn't give a shit if fans boycott it, in fact they would be delighted

22 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I actually believe the comments from Boyd, Craigen etc can only be contrived. They are designed to create controversy and manufacture /stimulate a debate in the media..It is the only way the plonkers can somehow  get a recognition factor.Even they are not that stupid. 

This crossed my mind also. Say contentious stuff to maximise views of the article. Not exactly groundbreaking but should be disregarded as the clickbait nonsense that it is.

2 minutes ago, haj said:

This crossed my mind also. Say contentious stuff to maximise views of the article. Not exactly groundbreaking but should be disregarded as the clickbait nonsense that it is.

Things were better when ‘News’ was just a way of informing you what was going on.

NaturalOrder74
41 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

They won’t change the decision so making sure there beloved arse cheeks don’t make the final is how we get it up them and save Scottish football from the Glasgow mafia.

I agree with this, Andersen and hearts win, no old firm in the final that’s how we can spoil their plans of an old firm final. Aberdeen always raise their game against sevco and we’re more than capable of hammering Celtic especially when they’re scheduled for a shafting in Germany a few days before 

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, Bez said:

He used to sell Ladas on the tellybox back in the eighties.

FD1D282D-1E56-4D37-B946-AF6C9657504E.jpeg

Did he?

Thought it was just sofas and teacakes?

Let’s get Lothian Buses committed to the cause and all the supporters buses coordinated...

We’ll see what the SPFL and Glasgow Police propose to do with 100’s of buses travelling and arriving at Hampden in convoy! And keeping them separate from the Celtic buses!

For me police scotland are the only ones with the power to change this and why the **** they have allowed this is beyond me.

As the day/time suits the bigot brothers, the game won't be changed. I reckon we'll be lucky if we take six thousand through. 

Looking at the bigger picture, how do we have idiots like Doncaster and Regan in charge of our game? Totally unqualified and lacking any experience for the role. Stupid decisions like this, crap tv deals and everything focused around two teams. Why do the other clubs not try to get them out? 

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Did he?

Thought it was just sofas and teacakes?

Dont remember the tea cakes. Definitely remember him standing alongside beige Lada Alpinos though.

Was speaking to a Celtic fan at my work yesterday. He lives in Livingston and came out with the statement regarding the semi - "I don't want to go all the way through to Edinburgh for a cup game." It would seem that Glasgow mentality is deeply embedded. I joked, well, shall we just move it to Celtic park and you can have it all your way. He didn't see the funny side. I then said, "what's going on with your lot this season"? Straight on the defensive he goes (in reference to the St Johnstone cup game) "The wheels are back on, we won midweek"...no mention of their dire performance, or the fact Boyata is out. I'll say one thing with Hibs fans, you can actually get a bit of a craic with them,  Celtic fans have a distinct air of arrogance pervading them. I really hope Griffiths picks up an knock in the coming weeks because without him, they are horrendous...

11111.jpg

letsalldothebeattie
16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Does the game go to a replay or is it extra time and penalties? 

The 12:00 kick off could finish around 2:30. The 7:45 around 10:45. Folk wouldn't be getting home till 12:30 or later. School and work in the morning.

FFS

Knowing what its like to get away from Hampden if the games to go the distance I know for a fact ill be pushing 2am before getting back down to where I am in the borders which is not ideal with work in the morning and to me it seems stupid being forced to take a holiday from work for a farce that the SPFL have created

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Bez said:

Dont remember the tea cakes. Definitely remember him standing alongside beige Lada Alpinos though.

"The second ad featured television sports presenter Dougie Donnelly. He was dressed in a space suit and re-created Neil Armstrong’s moon walk, ending his scene by removing his helmet before tucking into a teacake.

Wonderful stuff!

Almost forgot to mention the Plaster-of-Paris moonscape, the Airfix space rocket on a length of fishing line and of course the amateur pyrotechnics! All terribly cheesy but great fun!!!"

http://blog.rumblelimited.tv/tunnocks-teacakes/

Me and my dad were having a rant to each other on the phone about this the other day and saying to each other what dreadful decision that has been made. We both went on about it and all the hassles and trouble this time would cause and how we could stay at home and watch it on tv not giving them our money.  I had to get off the phone to do some work and said. “I better get going... by the way are we actually going to the game?” 

The reply was “yep..... what about you?”

”yep”

Anyway, hopefully most of us go and cheer on the team. When it was first decided my gut reaction was no way am I going but these morons shouldn’t stop me watching my team in a cup semi final we have a good chance of winning. Hopefully we can find some other way of letting Doncaster and the other idiots that ru(i)n our game know what a mess they have made of this. 

Really dont see then them changing their minds but who knows. You can’t second guess those clowns!

hopefully we take a good crowd and I’m gutted I can’t take my five year old to her first Hampden semi final as she has school in the morning. 

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

"The second ad featured television sports presenter Dougie Donnelly. He was dressed in a space suit and re-created Neil Armstrong’s moon walk, ending his scene by removing his helmet before tucking into a teacake.

Wonderful stuff!

Almost forgot to mention the Plaster-of-Paris moonscape, the Airfix space rocket on a length of fishing line and of course the amateur pyrotechnics! All terribly cheesy but great fun!!!"

http://blog.rumblelimited.tv/tunnocks-teacakes/

:rofl:

I remember it now! ?

Far from Police Scotland being able to manage the two games on the same day, stadium & city, by insisting the Aberdeen v Rangers game is played first, the have deliberately orchestrated a situation to ensure as few travelling fans attend as is possible.  There actions are without question intended to ensure less tickets are sold in order to make their job easier!

Why are they not being called out for this? If they have not orchestrated this as Doncaster claims, they will very quickly pass the buck and further increase the pressure on the SPFL

Edited by Jasonauskas

Actually, those of you that would have taken your kids but are worried about school the next day, don’t worry. They won’t remember what they did that day at school anyway if we pump Celtic. They will however for the rest of their lives watching us at Hampden do them over.

15 minutes ago, Jasonauskas said:

Far from Police Scotland being able to manage the two games on the same day, stadium & city, by insisting the Aberdeen v Rangers game is played first, the have deliberately orchestrated a situation to ensure as few travelling fans attend as is possible.  There actions are without question intended to ensure less tickets are sold in order to make their job easier!

Why are they not being called out for this? If they have not orchestrated this as Doncaster claims, they will very quickly pass the buck and further increase the pressure on the SPFL

Come off it. All they are doing is minimising their overtime bill by having both games on the same day...

56 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I actually believe the comments from Boyd, Craigen etc can only be contrived. They are designed to create controversy and manufacture /stimulate a debate in the media..It is the only way the plonkers can somehow  get a recognition factor.Even they are not that stupid. 

Heaven forbid there is an incident on the day there will be some major backtracking from some media personalities looking to save there cushy jobs , the noise of “we told you so” from the normal football public will be deafening 

18 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Me and my dad were having a rant to each other on the phone about this the other day and saying to each other what dreadful decision that has been made. We both went on about it and all the hassles and trouble this time would cause and how we could stay at home and watch it on tv not giving them our money.  I had to get off the phone to do some work and said. “I better get going... by the way are we actually going to the game?” 

The reply was “yep..... what about you?”

”yep”

Anyway, hopefully most of us go and cheer on the team. When it was first decided my gut reaction was no way am I going but these morons shouldn’t stop me watching my team in a cup semi final we have a good chance of winning. Hopefully we can find some other way of letting Doncaster and the other idiots that ru(i)n our game know what a mess they have made of this. 

Really dont see then them changing their minds but who knows. You can’t second guess those clowns!

hopefully we take a good crowd and I’m gutted I can’t take my five year old to her first Hampden semi final as she has school in the morning. 

This is where I'm at as well. As much as I hate all that the clown that is Doncaster says and does on behalf of the SPFL I don't want to not be there to support my team.

The worry is of course that the more tickets we sell then the more he will think his actions are justified.

So although we should go there with the biggest support possible and hopefully hump the green and white hooped mob wereally need to make Doncaster and Blair more than aware of how unhappy we are about their total incompetence.

I’m not so sure the majority of Celtic fans are that happy about this. They travel from far and wide to attend and a lot take kids. They’re also not quite so pleased as their manager about the potential state of the pitch or Hampden and know fine well within their own support there’s enough arseholes who will be looking for trouble in town before the game.  Only happy fans are the Rangers!

highlandjambo3
12 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Will the police guarantee all supporters safety going to ,during and after both games? All travel to and from the games? Who has overall responsibility? Name and shame. 

The police will treat the (away) fans as they always do.........with complete contempt and like shit with a heavy hand and no nonsense except this will be on a grander scale than normal.  Can’t remember if one set of fans get locked down whilst the other set get cleared out.......... was at the 5-1 game but that was not an issue then due to the fire drill at about 55 minutes ?

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is where I'm at as well. As much as I hate all that the clown that is Doncaster says and does on behalf of the SPFL I don't want to not be there to support my team.

The worry is of course that the more tickets we sell then the more he will think his actions are justified.

So although we should go there with the biggest support possible and hopefully hump the green and white hooped mob wereally need to make Doncaster and Blair more than aware of how unhappy we are about their total incompetence.

Exactly.    Hearts fans making an almighty effort to go in good numbers = more justification for the arsehole.

The pressure should be kept up to force another decision.   

37 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

As the day/time suits the bigot brothers, the game won't be changed. I reckon we'll be lucky if we take six thousand through. 

Looking at the bigger picture, how do we have idiots like Doncaster and Regan in charge of our game? Totally unqualified and lacking any experience for the role. Stupid decisions like this, crap tv deals and everything focused around two teams. Why do the other clubs not try to get them out? 

Regan is no more.

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

That line intrigued me because he said the club wont be held accountable for that happening which it will. If clubs don't sell the full allocation do they get reprimanded by SPFL? Never knew that if true

They don't get reprimanded. Normally we would be given an amount of tickets but organised so that if 10k were not sold we could hand them back and Celtic sell them. I took Craig to mean we want 50/50 and if we don't sell them all your problem Doncaster as we are not giving them back. So empty section, and lose of revenue.

Clever move.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Exactly.    Hearts fans making an almighty effort to go in good numbers = more justification for the arsehole.

I am sure Craig and Ann will be keeping the heat on this

There's no way we'll get 25k or even 15k of tickets up front without an obligation to hand back unsold tickets.     Not now after what Levein said.     I think 15k is about the limit of what we can sell in the circumstances but more likely it could be as low as 8k.

Edited by Victorian

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hopefully Aberdeen and their fans keep going on about it as well. Maybe our local Labour Hearts supporting MP will make some comments about it as I see that someone in the Hampden area has already voiced concerns for the residents.

9 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

This is shite and authorities in this country need changed. No argument.

but.....

Hearts fans need to turn up in numbers. If your not turning up due to some point they don’t care about you are only letting the club and players down and you better be in the queue behind me for final tickets.

plenty buses going and if you are struggling for transport drop me a message

I agree with the main point of your post.

Plenty buses ?  Don't bank on that unless Hearts lay on transport.  The normal supporters buses will never be able to meet the demand.

I stay in East Lothian and the last midweek game I attended in the weege on public transport I missed the 12.15 late night bus and had to wait about until 01.15 home at 2.00am.

I'm booking a hotel room for this one.

Well done Stuart and Tam.

FANTASTIC to hear some of the media sticking up for the fans. Compare Stuart and Tam, actual FANS to the BT pundits (all ex pros) who have let themselves down big time with their attitude. 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

FANTASTIC to hear some of the media sticking up for the fans. Compare Stuart and Tam, actual FANS to the BT pundits (all ex pros) who have let themselves down big time with their attitude. 

They would back a complete boycott, something which they stress is last resort and not something they would normally promote. 

1 hour ago, davieholt said:

No, a large Hearts crowd making a noise at Hampden simply reinforces the authorities  view that Hampden at 12.00 / 7.45 is a good idea. The way to stick a dagger through their heart is not to buy tickets. Sorry to say but this situation is out of hand and is bigger than our team.

Unfortunately with a very heavy heart , I completely agree 100%

21 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Tam and Stuart totally decrying the ex pro BT Sport pundits McDonald, Craigan and Sutton and haven’t a clue what they are talking about while the are only spouting out the script from their BT Sport employers. In fact they called Sutton a liar !!!

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Who’s the other chap on Off The Ball other than Robbie Neilson?

Apparently a sesson ticket holder at Tynie.  

Mike Smith.

26 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Tam and Stuart totally decrying the ex pro BT Sport pundits McDonald, Craigan and Sutton and haven’t a clue what they are talking about while the are only spouting out the script from their BT Sport employers. In fact they called Sutton a liar !!!

Did they challenge McDonald and Sutton's ridiculous 45 minute travel claim?

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Did they challenge McDonald and Sutton's ridiculous 45 minute travel claim?

Yes they certainly did !!

Said it takes 45 minutes to get out of car park !!

Also said that these punters have never travelled to any games like a fan has to.

And that guys like these have never paid to get into a game like a supporter.

4 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

off the ball today is brilliant - the best bit of radio ranting I've heard for years - spot on !

They're proper fans, and it shows.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

I didn't notice that one. One down, one to go!

Trouble is even though one clown has gone he is replaced with another a Lawell puppet.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Trouble is even though one clown has gone he is replaced with another a Lawell puppet.

This. It's Lawell we need to get rid of from the board of the SPFL. A malign influence only there for Celtic benefit and sod everyone else.

joondalupjambo

Does this decision not affect businesses in Glasgow city centre?  Ok pubs will be booming but if the two games go ahead as planned will the general public not think twice about heading into the city that day as usual so shops, food outlets, etc will see a dip in income?

Also the public purse.  Surely the Glasgow police will be on longer shifts, on a Sunday and attract extra wages? Then police in other forces have been asked to cancel leave and be on stand by, will that not cost extra wages and therefore public money is used?

I am not sure but just trying to widen the issues and highlight other scenarios. 

Sure that if politicians think this one through, grab some non football issues including the economy, public safety and so on, they could get involved and put pressure on Doncaster?

Edited by joondalupjambo

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

This. It's Lawell we need to get rid of from the board of the SPFL. A malign influence only there for Celtic benefit and sod everyone else.

Exactly but to get rid is not easy. Far too many scared to vote against him.