• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

So

1) The SPFL cocked up the fixture list.

2) Tried to resolve it by asking Rangers to play at Hampden on the Saturday. Dave King said no.

3) Speak to BT about alternate weekends/stadiums. BT said no as they would have to move their cameras, etc.

4) Come up with the 'solution' meaning the fans suffer.

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Not even a need for both games to kick off at the same time a move to murrayfield could easy sort the whole issue out whether us v celtic or not 1 game kick off at 12:30/1pm and the other 3pm/4pm BT can still show both games and that scenario would keep everyone happy

Everybody happy except Celtic I suspect - and this is what most of this is about. You can feel the malign presence of Lawwell directing this and pulling Doncasters strings. 

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Nobody wants to have a boycott, but the threat of it being a possibility has to be seen as real if we want them to look again at the decisions made. 

I get your point and agree with it a real threat of boycotting would have to be shown but to me sadly I don't think it would phase the SPFL because we know they only listen two clubs and its not those who are protesting this decision

Sky news yesterday reporting that Celtic accept the KO time. I'm not surprised it's the one they told Doncaster they wanted.

letsalldothebeattie
4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Everybody happy except Celtic I suspect - and this is what most of this is about. You can feel the malign presence of Lawwell directing this and pulling Doncasters strings. 

:spoton:

That Kris Boyd article is incredible.

Only in this country could we see the opportunity to make history as a bad thing.”

Just because something hasn’t been done before does not mean it’s a good idea to do it, you rocket. 

7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Which is exactly why liewell or anyone else connected to either celtic or rangers should never be allowed a position of so much influence , the spfl is supposed to be for the benefit of all Scottish teams , not just the  two biggest provincial clubs . 

2 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Another thing , listening to scott Macdonald last night , he comes out with edinburgh to hampden is a 45 minute journey and to give him peace !

hes never obviously actually been a paying customer to hampden , and 9 times out of 10 you are still sitting in a car/ bus  for more than 45 minutes , in fact I’d bite your hand off if someone was guaranteeing I’d be out of glasgow in 45 minutes after the game , but to say it’s 45 minutes between hampden Edith before or after a game just shows that these clowns have absolutely no idea what they are talking about .

If he can get from Hampden back to Edinburgh within 45 minutes of the final whistle then he hides his wings well. 

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, farin said:

Probably more about Bt sports not wanting to move their equipment from Glasgow to Edinburgh & the agreement to play both semis at hampden tbh. Playing on the Sunday & Monday evening would have been a better compromise imo. 

Absolute nonsense they have our game against Hibs and Dundee v Celtic on the 31st of October showing at the same time so shows they can do it when they want to

sidjamesbottle

Have to be honest when i heard the decision about the semis venue wasn't best pleased and thought the best thing to do would be hearts and Aberdeen to tell them to shove the tickets

however after watching Big Craigs interview yesterday have had a total change of heart and hopefully as many of us as possible can get through to shout the team on, best answer is to win the 

game and the cup and shove it up them that way !!

Time to ban The Sun from Tynecastle! 

Not linking the page, But Scott McDonald, ex-Celtic. "Coming from Edinburgh it’s 45 minutes away, give me peace!"

1 hour ago, Bez said:

I actually find it quite funny when folk trot that one out. You have to ask yoursef why he is “unpopular”...

Is it from the time he pointed out Dougie McDonald was a cheating wee arsehole, and was later vindicated when Celtic noticed?

Is it because he refused to pay his fine for calling the SFA out as corrupt?

Is it the psychological damage he has done to Hibs Fans over the years in derbies?

Maybe it was his emotional acceptance to his playing career ending when he cried on TV.

Maybe it is because he rightly pointed out that Hearts dominating Hibs is the natural order of things.

Could it be when he and Hogg had a square go and despite Hogg taking the first shot, he decked him?

Perhaps it’s the fact he ended Celtic’s ‘invincibles’ run?

There were the times he ripped the absolute pish out of Brendan Rodgers?

Maybe it all stems from him trying to turn Scotland around, before being hounded out?

Could it be the way he transformed Dundee United from relegation scrap also rans to one of the best producers of young talent in the country, and Scottish Cup winners?

Maybe it’s the way he rebuilt Hearts from the ground up?

In any other country, the guy would be seen as a character, and imperfect, but overall a bit of a national treasure. That’s what he is to me and to many other Hearts fans though, so that’ll have to do. ❤️

Great post !!!

They won’t change the decision so making sure there beloved arse cheeks don’t make the final is how we get it up them and save Scottish football from the Glasgow mafia.

12 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

So in summary the only 2 teams that the blazers are interested in are playing on a Thursday;

That means the game can't be played on Saturday - Fair enough

Some iffy clause (have we seen this) means because Rangers & Celtic are involved the games have to be played at Hampden - Ridiculous if true, and if they did inherit the clause as they suggest what team in blue did it mention?

The company that holds the contracts for Hampden Park Ltd  and is controlled by the SFA  rejects a request to play at other venues on the same day by the SPFL - Ridiculous if true, anyone naive enough to think the SFA aren't involved in this needs to think again.

Police agree that having 2 games in one day at Hampden is acceptable although they don't usually like the cheeks playing in Glasgow on the same day and all police is cancelled all over Scotland due to concerns over all day drinking - Unbelievable.

Police Federation highlight concerns.

SMPs highlight concerns regarding numerous aspects of the decision.

Scotrail didn't know a thing about it until after it was decided.

Bus companies will struggle to meet demand.

95% of the football public disagree with the decision but Neil Doncaster, Kris Boyd and Scott McDonald think its fine.

Couldnt make it up !!!

Well done Craig Levein for calling them out, my first reaction to the decision was not to go, now I think it will be moved but if it goes ahead I'll be going & raging.

Chuck, no idea why its got an empty quote box from you at the top !

Edited by frodoker

1 hour ago, Bez said:

I actually find it quite funny when folk trot that one out. You have to ask yoursef why he is “unpopular”...

Is it from the time he pointed out Dougie McDonald was a cheating wee arsehole, and was later vindicated when Celtic noticed?

Is it because he refused to pay his fine for calling the SFA out as corrupt?

Is it the psychological damage he has done to Hibs Fans over the years in derbies?

Maybe it was his emotional acceptance to his playing career ending when he cried on TV.

Maybe it is because he rightly pointed out that Hearts dominating Hibs is the natural order of things.

Could it be when he and Hogg had a square go and despite Hogg taking the first shot, he decked him?

Perhaps it’s the fact he ended Celtic’s ‘invincibles’ run?

There were the times he ripped the absolute pish out of Brendan Rodgers?

Maybe it all stems from him trying to turn Scotland around, before being hounded out?

Could it be the way he transformed Dundee United from relegation scrap also rans to one of the best producers of young talent in the country, and Scottish Cup winners?

Maybe it’s the way he rebuilt Hearts from the ground up?

In any other country, the guy would be seen as a character, and imperfect, but overall a bit of a national treasure. That’s what he is to me and to many other Hearts fans though, so that’ll have to do. ❤️

?

43 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Levein openly said in the presser yesterday he doesn't want fans to boycott

He did, but there is a difference between an organised boycott and 10K unsold seats due to people who, rightly, won't be there for a variety of reasons. He said that too in the press conference, in so many words.

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, Bez said:

Hitler made plenty history. So did the ****ing Spice Girls.

We shouldn't shy away from setting off a nuclear device on the 5th of November in Tillicoutry according to Kris then?

If we want change be it for this game or to ensure a farce like this doesn’t happen again I’d say we should make as much noise as we can about this decision.

My gut feeling is that this game will be changed.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

We shouldn't shy away from setting off a nuclear device on the 5th of November in Tillicoutry according to Kris then?

Hmmm... bit too near Stirling for my liking. Changing the subject for a moment, I quite fancy a new sofa.

I'm skeptical that complaining will do anything about this fixture. The powers that be will dig their heels in as they don't want to lose face. However, we need to make as much noise as possible to reduce the probability of this happening again.

I am surprised how easy a ride BT Sport are getting over this debacle. In my opinion they are one the major decision makers in this, if not the decision maker.

Picture the scene:

Doncaster to BT Sport-

Hi guys, we have a problem with the upcoming semi-finals. As you know Rangers and Celtic both play in Europe on the preceding Thursday, so neither can play on Saturday 27th. This is a scheduled date for one of the semi-finals, so we have a problem.

But fear not guys because Ian and I have a couple of alternatives.

One, we play both games on the 28th, one at Hampden and one at Murrayfield. Kick off times staggered so you can still broadcast both games.

Two we re-schedule one of the games for the following weekend. What do you think?

BT Sport reply-

No to either, are you serious, we are contracted to show both games over the weekend, one Saturday and one Sunday. We ain't having two separate crews and commentary teams, and all that entails, in Edinburgh and Glasgow on the same day. So forget Murrayfield. As for your second solution, we are fully committed that weekend so that's a non starter.

However here's our solution, play both at Hampden on Sunday 28th one after the other. Sound good to us, now you go make the arrangements, and inform the clubs, I would have thought it won't be a big deal to the main participants (Rangers and Celtic) the other two will just have to suck it up.

Let us know when you plan to announce it and we will get Chris Sutton, Mr controversial, except about us his employers and his wee lapdog Craigan to put out sycophantic supporting tweets. Job's a good un.

Right got to go Doncaster, things to do people to speak to

Bye.

Maybe it is BT Sport we should be boycotting

CavySlaveJambo
10 minutes ago, frodoker said:

Scotrail didn't know a thing about it until after it was decided.

The Fact that Scotrail was facing industrial action was in the papers on Thursday morning before this decision. I don’t think it will be long before Scotrail comes back and says it can’t do anything. 

30 minutes ago, haj said:

That Kris Boyd article is incredible.

Only in this country could we see the opportunity to make history as a bad thing.”

Just because something hasn’t been done before does not mean it’s a good idea to do it, you rocket. 

I actually believe the comments from Boyd, Craigen etc can only be contrived. They are designed to create controversy and manufacture /stimulate a debate in the media..It is the only way the plonkers can somehow  get a recognition factor.Even they are not that stupid. 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If we want change be it for this game or to ensure a farce like this doesn’t happen again I’d say we should make as much noise as we can about this decision.

My gut feeling is that this game will be changed.

This. They will budge on this.

The Old Tolbooth

I noticed someone saying that Gerrard said that it wasn't their problem, but can't find any direct quotes to that, can anyone point me in the right direction for that one please? 

Cheers

letsalldothebeattie
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

He did, but there is a difference between an organised boycott and 10K unsold seats due to people who, rightly, won't be there for a variety of reasons. He said that too in the press conference, in so many words.

That line intrigued me because he said the club wont be held accountable for that happening which it will. If clubs don't sell the full allocation do they get reprimanded by SPFL? Never knew that if true

If we can make it to the game we should go. The upshot is, however, there will be far less children at the match than there would be had it been played on the afternoon. 

That the SPFL don't see that as damaging to the game – and a total shame for the families – is deeply worrying. These lunatics are the stewards of our national sport!!

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Id like to think the home game against the sheep will be a sell out or near to it and both sets of fans can let  the Spfl know exactly what we think of them frequently during the game . 

It would be nice to see some coordination between the two sets of supporters with regards to banners and so on.

5 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I actually believe the comments from Boyd, Craigen etc can only be contrived. They are designed to create controversy and manufacture /stimulate a debate in the media..It is the only way the plonkers can somehow  get a recognition factor.Even they are not that stupid. 

It's the Katie Hopkins tactic of being a belligerent dick in the hope that it generates publicity. 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I’d say we demand 50/50 tickets then boycott it.

Celtic only get half the ground and we get half their money and we make our point.

Ill be going if i have to walk there and back - Thats exactly what those idiots want us to do..... I say be strong turn up wi 20000 and do them

Id like to see the Hearts and Aberdeen committing to hire a couple of hundred supporters buses from the cash they'll receive - free travel for fans and lets see where the glasgow police are gonna park them see how they are gonna deal wi that level of organisation

There will be no extra arrangement from Scot Rail as those fuds didint consider contacting them until after they made their decision????  Strange order of service ??? 

I have personally waited for hours to get out of mount florida after scotland games and walked back to queen street several times

Suppose the first semi fans  do that and celtic and hearts are arriving oh lovely rumble id say  - Have the SPFL thought to put a request in for extra hospital cover too!!

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, Bez said:

Hmmm... bit too near Stirling for my liking. Changing the subject for a moment, I quite fancy a new sofa.

dougie_donnelly.jpg

2 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

It's the Katie Hopkins tactic of being a belligerent dick in the hope that it generates publicity. 

Be nice if he ended up in a similar situation.

3 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

A good comparison --- anything to get a headline.

...a bit disco

ONCE again, it would seem the fans are the last people who matter when it comes to the scheduling of a showpiece game in the Scottish football calendar. Staging the Hearts v Celtic Betfred Cup semi-final at 7.45pm at Hampden on a Sunday night is outrageous. The timing of the Aberdeen v Rangers semi at the same ground at noon on the same day is just as bad.

When did we reach a stage in our beautiful game where those who actually fork out the cash to go to the games matter not a jot? That is why the Edinburgh Evening News has today joined forces with the Aberdeen Evening Express to demand a fair deal for fans. Early kick-offs and games being moved is part and parcel of the way football is these days. We are dictated to by TV deals, and ultimately money. Our game wouldn’t have the standing it does without deals with the likes of BT and Sky. Hearts manager Craig Levein said the SPFL and its chief executive Neil Doncaster will be to blame if his team’s game isn’t a sell-out. He’s right. Jambos keen to take in their club’s first Hampden semi since beating Celtic on their way to Scottish Cup glory in 2012 face a tough decision. Hundreds, if not thousands, of children who were excitedly told by their parents “we’re going to Hampden!” after the thrilling 4-2 win over Motherwell in midweek will face the heartbreak of being told they can’t go because of the late kick-off. Those same parents will now have to sit their youngsters down and explain (if they can work out the reasoning) why they are now not going to the national stadium. Even Hearts players have been saying to Levein how their kids can’t go and watch them play at Hampden. What sort of message is that sending out to the next generation of fans? Why should a cup semi-final which is being played on a Sunday be scheduled for such an awkward time?

It’s little wonder with bizarre decisions like this that across the streets of Scotland we see kids wearing replica jerseys of teams they have only seen on TV. What is the point in supporting a Scottish team if they are going to have such ridiculous hurdles put in front of them? They would be as well staying at home that Sunday and watching Crystal Palace v Arsenal and Manchester United v Everton on Sky Sports

. The suggestion from Aberdeen to change the Premiership clash between Celtic and Hearts at Parkhead the following week from a league game to their semi-final makes sense. But perhaps that is the problem. We’ve seen games played at lunchtime for long enough as part of the league season. That’s fine, the vast majority of them are not showpiece games. This is different. This is an occasion. Let’s face it, it’s games like these that bring out fans in their numbers, those who might not normally attend. But they are fans that can catch the bug. It could be that one game that means they follow a team for the rest of their life. Asking thousands – tens of thousands – of people, families, to travel across Scotland at outrageous times just so they can follow their team in their quest for that glory is simply not acceptable.

For the SPFL to say this is “the best solution to a logistically-challenging situation” is absolute rubbish. Who is it the best solution for? One thing is for sure – this is not the “best solution” for the supporters. Yes, there will still be thousands of Hearts and Aberdeen fans willing to make the journey to Glasgow on October 28 and they should be applauded for their dedication and willingness to travel. It doesn’t mean those who don’t make the journey are no less of a supporter, but there is a higher chance of a better attendance and atmosphere if the games were at a reasonable hour.

Why should a club’s fans be punished for their team doing well? What is the point in Hearts and Aberdeen going to all those efforts if they are going to have the disadvantage of playing in front of a stadium which is predominantly filled with Celtic and Rangers fans? Few things in Scottish football do make sense, be it the issuing or rescinding of red cards on the field to having the country’s four biggest clubs play in the same city on the same day, let alone at the same stadium. The mind boggles. It seems that as long as the teams and people from Glasgow are happy and treated well, then we should just sit back and be grateful to have them in our league. What nonsense. It’s our national game. National. It’s about time the football authorities started treating it that way.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/opinion/betfred-cup-semi-final-schedule-punishing-the-fans-1-4807189

It would only get changed if Celtic and or Rangers get on board,Celtic will be of the opinion that fewer Hearts fans in attendance will give them an advantage so can’t see them complaining too much. Rangers have been given a kick off time which gives them a huge advantage and again I can’t see them lining up with us and Aberdeen to complain. 

Edited by dode41

1 hour ago, Sid said:

There are clearly alternatives. If the main driver is a financial commitment to Hampden, moving Hearts game to Murrayfield will add 20k to that crowd - some due to game at reasonable hour and increased Hearts support if held in own City. The Aberdeen game will increase the crowd significantly also as Aberdeen would bring a bigger crowd playing at a time they can reach Stadium.  More balanced overall support at both games, less likelihood of crowd trouble, no risk of pitch being unacceptable, no transport challenges. Can pay off Hampden from excess receipts. 
Everybody happy. 
But,wait a minute, Celtic lose Home city advantage and it’s not in Glasgow. 

Murrayfield will put on a better day than Hampden ever could. 

They would be shown up.

For that sole reason, it ain't happening.

Does the game go to a replay or is it extra time and penalties? 

The 12:00 kick off could finish around 2:30. The 7:45 around 10:45. Folk wouldn't be getting home till 12:30 or later. School and work in the morning.

FFS

Both the old firm will be playing on the back of Europa League games and missing big players in the semis, it's a great chance for both us and Aberdeen to win these games and set up a final where we pump Aberdeen silly and win the first trophy of the season.

18 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I'm skeptical that complaining will do anything about this fixture. The powers that be will dig their heels in as they don't want to lose face. However, we need to make as much noise as possible to reduce the probability of this happening again.

No, a large Hearts crowd making a noise at Hampden simply reinforces the authorities  view that Hampden at 12.00 / 7.45 is a good idea. The way to stick a dagger through their heart is not to buy tickets. Sorry to say but this situation is out of hand and is bigger than our team.

38 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Have to be honest when i heard the decision about the semis venue wasn't best pleased and thought the best thing to do would be hearts and Aberdeen to tell them to shove the tickets

however after watching Big Craigs interview yesterday have had a total change of heart and hopefully as many of us as possible can get through to shout the team on, best answer is to win the 

game and the cup and shove it up them that way !!

Which is exactly what Neil Doncaster is relying on...loyalty.

The best thing for Scottish football would be for Hearts and Aberdeen to take and then refuse to sell their ticket allocation.

Won’t happen.