Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

To be fair, I think a lot of posters are basing their frustration on a quote earlier on in this thread that was attributed to Ann as having been something she said to STV.

In the absence of alternative information from the club, it's all folk have been able to go on.

Oliver Dickinson 5h
Meeting between 4 clubs in League Cup semi-final finished at Hampden - Ann Budge tells @STVSport it was a “positive meeting”
with a “couple of things that need to be sorted out”

I'll suggest the "sorting out" will be some way of staggering people to and from Hampden. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why wouldn’t people just get supporters buses instead of the train if they are worried?  There will surely be extra put on. 

Doesn't help families with young kids who have school next day 

2 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

I would have accepted the 12.00pm start, 7.45pm on a Sunday night is a joke.

Whats the difference between a Sunday or a Tuesday? It’s a mental schedule but the time shouldn’t be much of a factor. 

Just now, ericb said:

That would have been similar a couple of years ago and also the derby a few days later? 

Hypothetical scenario.

Murrayfield is the national stadium. Does anyone honestly believe they would have scheduled games involving the ugly sisters for 12 noon and 19.45 on the same day through here in Edinburgh due to contractual obligations?

No me either.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why not?  It’s only recently it’s been moved to the weekend regardless!  It could end up a great night. 

Can’t be faffing around in Glasgow at 11pm on a Sunday night hoping to get home.

I work at the crack of dawn on Monday. 

WheatfieldWarrior
4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

3 youngsters, 2 of whom would be making their first visit to Hampden to watch Hearts now wont be going becuase of this decision. How many more kids will miss out? Farcical from the SPFL.

I would like Hearts to put up a big screen at Tynecastle so we can attend and watch the match there, puting more money into the club instead of Doncaster and co`s pockets! 

I'd imagine there would be a Gorgie Suite etc. option, but I'd rather we withdrew.

I watched a great cup tie last night and was then looking forward to seeing my team in the semi final. This absolute disgraceful decision has put paid to that. Hearts and Aberdeen fans have been shafted big time.

FOH should have ponied up the cash, about 2 quid,  bought Hampden and shut it down, for the greater good.

Weegie ****s.

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

That would have been similar a couple of years ago and also the derby a few days later? 

Correct. That’s why mid week semi final attendances were awful and why they were moved to the weekend. 

The derby is a home game. Will take significantly less time getting home to Edinburgh from Edinburgh than it does from Glasgow with a Sunday service. 

7 minutes ago, Fostersfence said:

After everything AB has done for our club I find it hard to see all the negativity that has been pointed in her direction tonight. 

Nobody knows as yet what has gone on behind the scenes. I, for one, was hoping to take the family through for a brilliant day out, not going to happen now. Not going to start blaming AB though. 

I agree it's as depressing as the decision made by the SPFL.

It's like some people are making up for the fact there's been nothing to moan about on the field.

I am entirely confident that the club are as unhappy about these events as the fans are.

The loudmouths  shouting about refusing to play the match would be the first to blame The Club/Mrs Budge if we got kicked out.

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Can’t be faffing around in Glasgow at 11pm on a Sunday night hoping to get home.

I work at the crack of dawn on Monday. 

Get a supporters bus then?  I’ve no idea why it would put loads of people miss putting them in their place and emptying them out the cup - again. 

33 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

42478949_707652822932257_659461810053919

Werder Bremen fans expressed their opinion recently about their thoughts on the control TV now has over football.

I agree with every word of that.

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

A response confirming that they were against the decision would put a lot of minds at rest.

Why is it taking so long ?

They have to release a statement on demand now and within a time limit set by you ??

4 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I'd imagine there would be a Gorgie Suite etc. option, but I'd rather we withdrew.

Withdraw from the cup? Are you actually bonkers? 

AFC spokesperson commented. “As a club we have repeatedly asked that the authorities stop giving us kick-off times which, for our large travelling support, are completely unacceptable, but yet again, what should be a showpiece occasion, is scheduled to start at a time that does not take supporters into account.

“While we appreciate Police Scotland was insistent that our game was played first for operational reasons, we believe, and stated along with others, that having both games in the same stadium on the same day, is inappropriate. There are other options that should have been investigated further, including staging the two games on consecutive weekends or using two different venues which would have allowed kick-off times more suitable for what are hugely significant occasions in the Scottish football calendar. Contesting the two matches on consecutive weekends would be an alternative surely worth investigating, particularly as Celtic are due to face Heart of Midlothian in the Ladbrokes Premiership the following weekend, while also fulfilling the contractual obligations.

“We appreciate the authorities have a difficult job to schedule games in what is an extremely congested calendar but to yet again ask our supporters to be in Glasgow for a 12 noon start on a Sunday is, quite frankly, appalling.”

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Correct. That’s why mid week semi final attendances were awful and why they were moved to the weekend. 

The derby is a home game. Will take significantly less time getting home to Edinburgh from Edinburgh than it does from Glasgow with a Sunday service. 

True.  On the flip side everyone should be there with plenty time to spare with no hassle in getting to the game.  I agree the scheduling is a farce but it’s still the semi of a national cup comp we have a real chance of winning.  

2 hours ago, Salvator said:

But the club were present when the discussions took place and the decision was taken? It's really hard to envisage them then making a statement registering how unhappy there are? The time to do that was surely during the meeting itself. Shite state of affairs likes but it's definitely happening

If however, we did object, but were ignored.  We should say so.   

Any silence will suggest we have agreed it, which will also hamper us for the Hibs game. 

Edited by Paolo

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Get a supporters bus then?  I’ve no idea why it would put loads of people miss putting them in their place and emptying them out the cup - again. 

The club could help by putting on buses from Tynecastle.

They don't seem to want to get involved for fear of being held responsible for any damage to buses.

29 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

42478949_707652822932257_659461810053919

Werder Bremen fans expressed their opinion recently about their thoughts on the control TV now has over football.

The German model is the perfect one for looking after ALL SUPPORTERS OF ALL CLUBS in their country, sensible pricing, looking after the fans, full stadiums at most games and they still make money selling their product to the rest of the world....We have a committee of useless 'wastes of skin and oxygen' who are only interested in looking after themselves and the needs of the 'bigoted twins' it is feckin criminal.

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You ever been in a supporters bus trying to get out of Hampden? You’re in that car park for hours before wheels start rolling. 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, ericb said:

The semis were always on a week night up until a couple of years ago

Shooter McGavin

Forfeit the match and make this an even bigger farce than it already is. Doubt the SFA would even be embarrassed over the media coverage such a story would create. 

Ministry of Football

I think there is a principal at stake here and I also think we are big enough as a support not to accept it and make a difference. 

I'm in my 50's and haven't seen Hearts win the league cup. Another year therefore won't make any difference. 

Really up for making a stand on this. This semi has been ruined. 

I want Hearts to refuse to play, no matter what the consequences. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

Just now, luckydug said:

The club could help by putting on buses from Tynecastle.

They don't seem to want to get involved for fear of being held responsible for any damage to buses.

This is very true.  Good opportunity for the likes of Lothian buses/coaches though. 

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

True.  On the flip side everyone should be there with plenty time to spare with no hassle in getting to the game.  I agree the scheduling is a farce but it’s still the semi of a national cup comp we have a real chance of winning.  

You are on the wind up.

...a bit disco
Just now, Sarah O said:

You ever been in a supporters bus trying to get out of Hampden? You’re in that car park for hours before wheels start rolling. 

Also, some supporters buses I've traveled on were not exactly 'family friendly' as it were.

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

AFC spokesperson commented. “As a club we have repeatedly asked that the authorities stop giving us kick-off times which, for our large travelling support, are completely unacceptable, but yet again, what should be a showpiece occasion, is scheduled to start at a time that does not take supporters into account.

“While we appreciate Police Scotland was insistent that our game was played first for operational reasons, we believe, and stated along with others, that having both games in the same stadium on the same day, is inappropriate. There are other options that should have been investigated further, including staging the two games on consecutive weekends or using two different venues which would have allowed kick-off times more suitable for what are hugely significant occasions in the Scottish football calendar. Contesting the two matches on consecutive weekends would be an alternative surely worth investigating, particularly as Celtic are due to face Heart of Midlothian in the Ladbrokes Premiership the following weekend, while also fulfilling the contractual obligations.

“We appreciate the authorities have a difficult job to schedule games in what is an extremely congested calendar but to yet again ask our supporters to be in Glasgow for a 12 noon start on a Sunday is, quite frankly, appalling.”

Needed to be much stronger. They said much the same the last time this happened to them, iirc, and it had the effect of the square root of zilch. As it will do the next time it happens. Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum...

Edited by redjambo

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Forfeit the match and make this an even bigger farce than it already is. Doubt the SFA would even be embarrassed over the media coverage such a story would create. 

Nothing to do with the SFA mate, this is the league cup, run by the spfl which is owned by us, the clubs. There's no one to blame this on but the organisation we put in place. Sad but true. 

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

One of the (very) few media types who gets it.

Somewhere along the line fans have to take a stand. If you moan but turn up anyway you continue to be taken for Joe’s. The Hampden S/F decision clearly indicates contempt for supporters, safe in the knowledge that folk will moan but loyalty will win.

One of the few decent journalists, which is why he is not on the BBC anymore. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The semis were always on a week night up until a couple of years ago

Hence why they were moved

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Buses ive been on don’t even park at Hampden? Perhaps Scotland matches but usually about 20 mins away.  Celtic and the cup final was defo the case and wasn’t that long to exit. 

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

They have to release a statement on demand now and within a time limit set by you ??

? It might stop folk blaming the club.

The dismal jimmies are having a field day .

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are on the wind up.

I’m just not going to let me down and try to look at positives.  Apologies.  Withdrawal from the cup and semi final ruined? 

queensferryjambo

Pandering to the Old Firm as usual.

Ridiculous decision to host this game in that venue at that time.

The attendance will be tragic IMO.

If ever there was a time for supporters to stand up against the shambles that is our football authorities, this is it.

Maybe a fanciful and unrealistic idea to many but for an entire support to tell them to ram it, would be a sea change that could alter things to the fans benefit.

I can but dream but how much shit are people expected to take from these  idiots ?

Here’s a thought. As gusture by the club they should offer a number of free supporters buses for the game. I’m sure it goes against the tide on many levels but what a gesture that would be and a finger the the weegie centric arseholes in Hampden.