• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts statement soon. 

Fact or conjecture Dave?

8 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

You ever been in a supporters bus trying to get out of Hampden? You’re in that car park for hours before wheels start rolling. 

I'd second that having been stuck there after football and stadium gigs.

You would be looking at getting back to Gorgie for around 1am minimum, and if you need to travel onwards then you will be shit out of luck with public transport.

Ministry of Football

Aberdeen have issued a terse statement but have again accepted it. 

We have to point black refuse. 

Football is our game, it's about time we took back control. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

While true, nobody moaned about it then. 

They did. Why they moved because of the embarrassing attendances

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Here’s a thought. As gusture by the club they should offer a number of free supporters buses for the game. I’m sure it goes against the tide on many levels but what a gesture that would be and a finger the the weegie centric arseholes in Hampden.  

A finger to the weegie centric arseholes? They wouldn't give a stuff about such a gesture.

4 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Anyone have a Betfred out account? 

Email them telling them you’re cancelling and why. [email protected]

It's not really their fault though. It's shocking decision making from the SFA and the police.

Carl Fredrickson
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Here’s a thought. As gusture by the club they should offer a number of free supporters buses for the game. I’m sure it goes against the tide on many levels but what a gesture that would be and a finger the the weegie centric arseholes in Hampden.  

How would it be a finger to the "weegie centric arseholes in Hampden"? They couldn't care less.

It would be a sop, that's all, imo. Many folk with kids still wouldn't go, and would we run buses from places in Scotland other than Edinburgh? We're not all based in the capital.

goldiebackwash1985

Was looking for a new job and can come up with something equally horrific and useless

3pm kick off, divide the stadium into quarters for the support, Aberdeen/Rangers play first 45 take a break, Hearts/Celtic play their first 45 then Aberdeen/Rangers come back play second 45 then we finish our second 45 ?

Move aside Doncaster

Edited by goldiebackwash1985
Spelling

pettigrewsstylist

Wonder what the arrest stats will be ffs!! Actually a beamback to a sell out Tynie not a bad idea. Guessing BT could stop that tho.

19 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

AFC spokesperson commented. “As a club we have repeatedly asked that the authorities stop giving us kick-off times which, for our large travelling support, are completely unacceptable, but yet again, what should be a showpiece occasion, is scheduled to start at a time that does not take supporters into account.

“While we appreciate Police Scotland was insistent that our game was played first for operational reasons, we believe, and stated along with others, that having both games in the same stadium on the same day, is inappropriate. There are other options that should have been investigated further, including staging the two games on consecutive weekends or using two different venues which would have allowed kick-off times more suitable for what are hugely significant occasions in the Scottish football calendar. Contesting the two matches on consecutive weekends would be an alternative surely worth investigating, particularly as Celtic are due to face Heart of Midlothian in the Ladbrokes Premiership the following weekend, while also fulfilling the contractual obligations.

“We appreciate the authorities have a difficult job to schedule games in what is an extremely congested calendar but to yet again ask our supporters to be in Glasgow for a 12 noon start on a Sunday is, quite frankly, appalling.”

That's a statement.....

2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

A finger to the weegie centric arseholes? They wouldn't give a stuff about such a gesture.

True. We however bend over for a dry something or other.

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

John how easy is it to get back by train if ET and pens?

One train at 1130pm.... can you imaging what that train will be like as there will also be a lot of Celtic fans on that train too 

Thought  our management team attended the discussions today.Surely they would have had some input into this ludicrous decision.Be interesting what there take is on this.Wait with interest to see.

All roads lead to Gorgie

This must be the most ludicrous decision ever made in the history of Scottish football. I want to support my club but the Arse holes running the game here can ram it. To say I am furious is an understatement. 

“We appreciate the authorities have a difficult job to schedule games in what is an extremely congested calendar but to yet again ask our supporters to be in Glasgow for a 12 noon start on a Sunday is, quite frankly, appalling.”

:scenes:

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This must be the most ludicrous decision ever made in the history of Scottish football. I want to support my club but the Arse holes running the game here can ram it. To say I am furious is an understatement. 

100% this, and they can ram it from me

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Why should the club fork out to compensate for the ineptitude of Doncaster & co?

At this stage, I’m actually for Hearts and Aberdeen to tell them to change or we’re withdrawing. See what that does to their contractual obligations and sponsorship deals. 

Can’t believe the level of stupidity inside Hampden. Did we throw the 78 World Cup for a generation worth of cocaine and the blazers have been off their tits on it since? Would explain a lot. 

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If we only sell about 8000 tickets I assume they will give Celtic the rest which then gives them a home game.

We wont sell half that amount. Home advantage to Celtic however much they try to swing it. 

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If we only sell about 8000 tickets I assume they will give Celtic the rest which then gives them a home game.

Just as well it wasn't in Murrayfield, a stadium we haven't played in since November 2017, otherwise it might be a home "advantage" to us.

:cornette:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Demand the East Stand at least and Aberdeen the West. 

Transparency I take it is going to be limited on the agenda 

julienbrellier

I'm up for protesting this on every level. we need a big statement from our club and a downright refusal to play the fixture, simple as that. the police are surely not supporting this. probably the worst decision ever and that is saying something given the complete incompetency of the SPFL. ****ing joke

5 minutes ago, Ginger God said:

We appreciate the authorities have a difficult job to schedule games in what is an extremely congested calendar but to yet again ask our supporters to be in Glasgow for a 12 noon start on a Sunday is, quite frankly, appalling.”

This a serious look. This nonsense just can’t happen again and it should end now by re arranging the fixtures. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Toggie88 said:

Why should the club fork out to compensate for the ineptitude of Doncaster & co?

At this stage, I’m actually for Hearts and Aberdeen to tell them to change or we’re withdrawing. See what that does to their contractual obligations and sponsorship deals. 

Can’t believe the level of stupidity inside Hampden. Did we throw the 78 World Cup for a generation worth of cocaine and the blazers have been off their tits on it since? Would explain a lot. 

This 78 para actually had me laughing out loud lol

1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

Just as well it wasn't in Murrayfield, a stadium we haven't played in since November 2017, otherwise it might be a home "advantage" to us.

:cornette:

They probably took our amazing record at murrayfield into consideration :lol:

A_A wehatethehibs

Aberdeen and Hearts should walk away from Scottish football and join the English league structure. Work our way up from division 8 or whatever we have to. 

The Glaswegian football association and Neil Doncaster are an absolute joke and it is time to walk away from it. 

1 minute ago, julienbrellier said:

I'm up for protesting this on every level. we need a big statement from our club and a downright refusal to play the fixture, simple as that. the police are surely not supporting this. probably the worst decision ever and that is saying something given the complete incompetency of the SPFL. ****ing joke

The police couldn't control a kids party! Only a few weeks since a potential Hillsborough at Celtic park and now this! 

2 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Totally agree. Hence my Against the tide point. 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aberdeen and Hearts should walk away from Scottish football and join the English league structure. Work our way up from division 8 or whatever we have to. 

The Glaswegian football association and Neil Doncaster are an absolute joke and it is time to walk away from it. 

Aye because a train home at 11 on a Sunday is worse than a Monday night kick off down in Cornwall

pettigrewsstylist
Carl Fredrickson
Just now, mre said:

The police couldn't control a kids party! Only a few weeks since a potential Hillsborough at Celtic park and now this! 

O and they did a wonderful job at the 2016 cup final too. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I know (hope?) this is tongue in cheek but the travelling for some of these games might see you home a bit later than 1am ?

Whilst I fervently hope both us and Aberdeen win this is yet another example of the powers that be in the SFA and SPFL  being unfit for for any kind of responsible position in the governance of our game. No matter what now transpires now  I will definitely not be attending this game (and i know I am not alone). to go from the high of last night's result to the debacle of this today is way more gutting than the way I felt at Dens over 30 years ago. Absolute Farce.

Edited by brownkg
spelling

13 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I've just signed up and donated £10.  Just over 900 signatories at the moment, was at 750 10 minutes ago, so seems to be getting a decent reaction.

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'd second that having been stuck there after football and stadium gigs.

You would be looking at getting back to Gorgie for around 1am minimum, and if you need to travel onwards then you will be shit out of luck with public transport.

Exactly, 

it will also take the Serco and dons fans buses ages to leave, complete farce