• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

25 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Have a read of this..they have no idea why the tie was changed !!!!!! and again its always the poor Celtic fans that suffer

Celtic are close to selling out their full allocation of tickets for Sunday’s Betfred Cup semi-final against Hearts at Murrayfield.

After giving priority to various groups tickets went on sale to remaining season ticket holders on Friday with less than 400 remaining at the close of business on Monday.

Those tickets will be gone long before lunchtime.

With over 30,000 fans making the trip to Edinburgh Brendan Rodgers’ side will be backed by the largest travelling support in Scotland since 2014 when 40,000 Aberdeen fans watched their side win the League Cup against Inveness Caley Thistle.

The semi-final tie was originally scheduled for 7.30pm at Hampden but for reasons unknown was switched to Murrayfield with a 1.30pm kick off.

Many long distance Celtic fans had already made travel and accommodation arrangements for the original kick off and had to reschedule to cheer on the hoops as they go for the seventh successive domestic trophy under Rodgers.

"Reasons unknown"

:wtfvlad:

A_A wehatethehibs

What an absolute fud, the tie was originally scheduled for Saturday 27th October but was moved to Sunday to accommodate Celtics recovery from their Thursday night game.

A_A wehatethehibs

So looks like this is set to be the biggest Jambo gathering in Edinburgh since the 5-1 homecoming, class 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I presume we get a shot at training there as well later this week given that less of our starting 11 have played there than Celtic?

Why would we even want to ? 

55 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Have a read of this..they have no idea why the tie was changed !!!!!! and again its always the poor Celtic fans that suffer

Celtic are close to selling out their full allocation of tickets for Sunday’s Betfred Cup semi-final against Hearts at Murrayfield.

After giving priority to various groups tickets went on sale to remaining season ticket holders on Friday with less than 400 remaining at the close of business on Monday.

With over 30,000 fans making the trip to Edinburgh Brendan Rodgers’ side will be backed by the largest travelling support in Scotland since 2014 when 40,000 Aberdeen fans watched their side win the League Cup against Inveness Caley Thistle.

The semi-final tie was originally scheduled for 7.30pm at Hampden but for reasons unknown was switched to Murrayfield with a 1.30pm kick off.

Many long distance Celtic fans had already made travel and accommodation arrangements for the original kick off and had to reschedule to cheer on the hoops as they go for the seventh successive domestic trophy under Rodgers.

It doesn't even make sense.

Either Celtic have not taken 30k to Hampden since 2014 or its not considered a traveling support. 

Yet it then states poor souls had made travel arrangements for the game to be played at Hampden. 

NaturalOrder74

I just picked up a couple of tickets today, buzzing, hopefully we’ll sell out a nice wee win today should set us up nicely 

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Had to look it up; I'm used to PICNIC - problem in chair not in computer.

I'd have had to google that one!

10 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

It doesn't even make sense.

Either Celtic have not taken 30k to Hampden since 2014 or its not considered a traveling support. 

Yet it then states poor souls had made travel arrangements for the game to be played at Hampden. 

The ironic point is, they've given (excuse the pun) the game away, they do not consider playing at Hampden as an away game!!!  Utter hypocrites!

They who have dug a pit have fallen into it themselves.

40 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What an absolute fud, the tie was originally scheduled for Saturday 27th October but was moved to Sunday to accommodate Celtics recovery from their Thursday night game.

And also moved to a different venue on the 'new day' with their fans safety in mind.

**** me they are beyond contemptable  

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I take it this shite came from their own site or fanzine? They know full well why it was switched to Murrayfield.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Haha! Where is that from? Pathetic.

The semi-final tie was originally scheduled for 7.30pm at Hampden but for reasons unknown was switched to Murrayfield with a 1.30pm kick off

***********************************************************************************************

For the hard of Celtic -

outrage  from 2 of the participating clubs at their fans safety risk

condemnation by the Cathcart MSP

questions asked of SPFL by the Scottish minister for sport

Scotrail saying there's going to be issues in getting Dons fans to Glasgow

Scotrail not even consulted beforehand

Police Federation of Scotland complained

Asst Chief Const of Police Scotland asked for a rethink

You'd honestly think they are the only club in Scotland that is a victim in all of this. 

Anyway , two things I  never thought I'd see in my lifetime - the great panda and Celtic fans dragged kicking & screaming to a cup semi at Murrayfield. And I saw the pandas first. 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I take it this shite came from their own site or fanzine? They know full well why it was switched to Murrayfield.

They mad!

Imagine the seethe when the final whistle goes and they're out of the cup?

Have all tickets been sent out? Ordered mine a few days after they came on sale to season ticket holders but no ticket has arrived yet

sy

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surely if we sell out, we too have the largest "travelling support" since Aberdeen ?

9 minutes ago, Syd said:

Have all tickets been sent out? Ordered mine a few days after they came on sale to season ticket holders but no ticket has arrived yet

sy

Check out @HeartsTickets’s Tweet:

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, ericb said:

Surely if we sell out, we too have the largest "travelling support" since Aberdeen ?

This :thumb:

Plus 40,000 Aberdeen fans travelling to Hampden in 2014 but only 9,000 this year, jeeez. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
17 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

A lot of people are planning to go by tram, it appears.

Each tram can carry 200 max, ten per hour = 2000 people, in each direction.

Expected crowd is 60000 ???

A lot of people from Dublin and Belfast will also be using trams from the airport.

There is a flight from Dublin that lands at about 11:10 (as well as several earlier) and one from Belfast that lands at about 10:10.

The trams may be more problematical after the game.  May be easier to walk in to Haymarket*, or find a friendly pub in the Gorgie area and wait for the crowds to fall away.

*IIRC, after the Rangers game at Murrayfield last season, not all trams were stopping at Haymarket - as they would have been too full to stop at Murrayfield

3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Plus 40,000 Aberdeen fans travelling to Hampden in 2014 but only 9,000 this year, jeeez. 

It was Celtic Park but your point still stands.   Embarrassing from Aberdeen.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It was also 43000 sheeple, just as well neither Ugly sister got to either final I suppose, imagine the furore ???.

Edited by Pasquale for King

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It is worth remembering that our fantastic sales are balanced out by their shite sales. ?

Quite right. But  I wonder if the very fact of switching one game to Murrayfield will mean more money to divvy out to the four clubs than having two semis at Hampden would.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

It should have been ten
21 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I remembered that after I’d posted it and was too late to change it ??‍♂️ You’re right, poor effort from them.

34 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

A lot of people from Dublin and Belfast will also be using trams from the airport.

There is a flight from Dublin that lands at about 11:10 (as well as several earlier) and one from Belfast that lands at about 10:10.

The trams may be more problematical after the game.  May be easier to walk in to Haymarket*, or find a friendly pub in the Gorgie area and wait for the crowds to fall away.

*IIRC, after the Rangers game at Murrayfield last season, not all trams were stopping at Haymarket - as they would have been too full to stop at Murrayfield

I assume the Police will have segregation in place after the game.  As the tram stop is at our end of the stadium, Hearts fans will have first shout at the trams.  Providing you are not hanging about too long after the game, you should avoid the mhanky mob on the trams shortly after the game.

Before that will be fun & games for the Police.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

The ironic point is, they've given (excuse the pun) the game away, they do not consider playing at Hampden as an away game!!!  Utter hypocrites!

They who have dug a pit have fallen into it themselves.

Was my first thought. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Final on a sat v ICT at Parkhead. 

Different kettle of fish to a Sunday semi final. 

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, gov said:

Some brilliant seats have just come up in w15 good few rows. £35 each! 

Feck that I have a stonking view in W already for 30 quid ??

Edited by joondalupjambo

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

so far over 56,000 fans making it for the big-semi (ooer)

Hampden is too small

Add on hospitality, commercial etc, I reckon it's nearer 60k,as it stands. 

8 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Does anyone know if row AA is the first row of the 2nd tier?

It looks to me like AA is 12 or 13 rows back, should be a cracking view.

It should have been ten
37 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Final on a sat v ICT at Parkhead. 

Different kettle of fish to a Sunday semi final. 

Aye I said previously I remembered it was Parkheid but was too late to change it. Get your point but even then 30,000 fans less for a semi final is a pretty poor show. 

Edited by It should have been ten

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye I said previously I remembered it was Parkheid but was too late to change it. Get your point but even then 30,000 fans less for a semi final is a pretty poor show. 

We look like doubling our ER attendances in our semis at the same time, good for us. 

Swings in roundabouts if you look back at figures, also think we we're around 14k last time on a Sunday at Hampden. 

Hopefully for us, it's a sign of things to come. 

Don't think any of it is comparable for both clubs,  guess is my point. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I assume the Police will have segregation in place after the game.  As the tram stop is at our end of the stadium, Hearts fans will have first shout at the trams.  Providing you are not hanging about too long after the game, you should avoid the mhanky mob on the trams shortly after the game.

Before that will be fun & games for the Police.

You are quite right; although when I said trams may be problematical, I was thinking just in terms of the sheer number of our fans wanting to get on at Murrayfield.

Reflecting on what I said about walking to Haymarket to get less-packed trams, I remember that after similar post-match segregations, away fans can get to Haymarket via Corstophne Road and so on in not much less time than Harts fans can along Gorgie Road and Dalry Road.

You pays your money....

Got my tickets in the post today! Really looking forward to this now! Good result tonight and confidence should be through the roof for the next couple of games