• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Fxxx the SPFL
23 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

87,258 for me, Wembley for the Scotland game in November 2016.

Was at Wembley for the 2-1 pitch invasion jobby think the attendance was 90k and the cup final in 76 against the huns not sure what the crowd was at that one.

58 minutes ago, biffa12 said:

Popped up to Tynecastle today to collect my online tickets for tomorrow night expecting one or two in the queue how wrong was I. There were circa 50 waiting in line and the same behind when I left - all good humoured and well done to the ticket office team who were doing a great job all things considered. To say there is a sea change in all things maroon this season is an understatement. Sellling three times as many tickets as Aberdeen is a powerful statement, matching Celtic’s travelling support man for man even more powerful hopefully the icing on the cake will be a win tomorrow and the same again on Sunday

Good shout!

5 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Just back from ticket office, they expect a sell out. 

Actually got goosebumps when I read that! If we manage that it will be absolutely incredible.

5 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

We're coming in from Livingston with the my old man. Normally get the train to Haymarket but planning parking at the Airport park and ride then tram ti Murrayfield. Hopefully not see too many of the unwashed before Murrayfield. 

I wouldn't be so sure.  There's a few mhanks at my work who live out west and they are talking about using the airport park and ride and getting the tram.

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Was at Wembley for the 2-1 pitch invasion jobby think the attendance was 90k and the cup final in 76 against the huns not sure what the crowd was at that one.

98,103 and 85,354 respectively.

44 minutes ago, Homme said:

What’s the allocation? 30k?

Just short of 30,400 according to the serious students of these things.

1 hour ago, biffa12 said:

Popped up to Tynecastle today to collect my online tickets for tomorrow night expecting one or two in the queue how wrong was I. There were circa 50 waiting in line and the same behind when I left - all good humoured and well done to the ticket office team who were doing a great job all things considered. To say there is a sea change in all things maroon this season is an understatement. Sellling three times as many tickets as Aberdeen is a powerful statement, matching Celtic’s travelling support man for man even more powerful hopefully the icing on the cake will be a win tomorrow and the same again on Sunday

Thank goodness they changed the time and venue or we'd have taken about 10,000, who would then have been arriving home in the dark and cold past midnight. Instead, we're going to have a great occasion.

It's surely now plausible that we'll sell more and that Murrayfield will have to be considered for future semi-finals.

On my last few visits to Murrayfield I’ve managed to park on the street not too far from the stadium, but it might be more difficult on a Sunday.

Any advice on where to park on the North side ?

7 minutes ago, runnyg said:

On my last few visits to Murrayfield I’ve managed to park on the street not too far from the stadium, but it might be more difficult on a Sunday.

I used to park on/around  Murrayfield Ave heading up to Ravelston many moons ago but I don't know if there are any restrictions now(ie residents only). Definitely free on street parking around the Murrayfield hotel. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

North side will be for Celtic travelling support surely ?

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He never said which end he was going in.

?

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Correct parking in gorgie, Stevenson ave, chesser or Balgreen areas 

Damn you’ve caught me out ?

North side parking for those of us heading North after the match.

Are you heading towards the bridge or north of the city. 

If the latter, then Coltbridge Ave/Terrace, Henderland Rd is a short walk, allow you away quickly afterwards and skirt round any Celtic fans at Roseburn. 

Even if if you’re head to the bridge, parking there and then driving over to Queensferry via Ravelston should avoid the majority of traffic. 

4 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Are you heading towards the bridge or north of the city. 

If the latter, then Coltbridge Ave/Terrace, Henderland Rd is a short walk, allow you away quickly afterwards and skirt round any Celtic fans at Roseburn. 

Even if if you’re head to the bridge, parking there and then driving over to Queensferry via Ravelston should avoid the majority of traffic. 

Or just park on/around Drum Brae and get a bus there in 5 minutes. Plenty of buses. 

Jack Torrance
30 minutes ago, runnyg said:

Damn you’ve caught me out ?

North side parking for those of us heading North after the match.

Ingliston Park and Ride then tram to murrayfield.

itsnomarooned

Bit of an odd one here. My tickets arrived a few days ago but have only just opened them as I need to take one into work tomorrow. I’ve got 4 but instead of all being beside each other in the same row, they’re all the same seat number in different rows. A quick look at the confirmation email (also the first I’ve looked) does indicate this is what I ordered. Now, frankly that’s bollocks as why the **** would I do that. It’s not the end of the world but a pain in the tits. Am I alone in this?

1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

It's surely now plausible that we'll sell more and that Murrayfield will have to be considered for future semi-finals.

The only way it would ever be considered would be if a situation like this year repeats itself with UEFA Cup/fixture congestion forcing a change.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
12 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Bit of an odd one here. My tickets arrived a few days ago but have only just opened them as I need to take one into work tomorrow. I’ve got 4 but instead of all being beside each other in the same row, they’re all the same seat number in different rows. A quick look at the confirmation email (also the first I’ve looked) does indicate this is what I ordered. Now, frankly that’s bollocks as why the **** would I do that. It’s not the end of the world but a pain in the tits. Am I alone in this?

Most likely ?

scott herbertson
12 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

I'm sure if you took them in they'd let you shift them to one of the sections they are opening? Realise this may not work if you want to be central

9 minutes ago, geomac said:

Quiet, that's my plan!

A lot of people are planning to go by tram, it appears.

Each tram can carry 200 max, ten per hour = 2000 people, in each direction.

Expected crowd is 60000 ???

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Any advice for two lads coming up from Newcastle.  Get the tram from Waverley pre match  ? Post match get the train from Waverley and avoid the unwashed at Haymarket ? 

For the love of God, at least one of them wear a coat.

41 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Looks like your computer's on the blink.?

47 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Previous murrayfield games there were extra trams added to the normal timetable. Not sure if this will happen on Sunday.

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, itsnomarooned said:

Only if you don’t turn round!

1 hour ago, itsnomarooned said:

Did you have your laptop like this when you ordered the tickets?

images.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hogan3012 said:

Anyone still waiting for their tickets to arrive by post??

Got mine 9am on the first day and I’m still waiting on ours arriving.

2 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

This is gonna be a very unique match day experience.   ?? 

Performance against Aberdeen clearly boosted sales and a good win against Dundee could well see us selling out.

Great time to be a Jambo.

1 hour ago, Hogan3012 said:

Yep , fingers crossed for this mornings post 

the jambo poet
7 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

It did this for me when i selected not to choose my own seats. I wasn't sure if it was because I was mixing concessions with adults or not. Luckily I spotted it and changed it. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

:hartley:

When I used the  assign seats function it done this as well, I clocked it and manually picked them. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Hogan3012 said:

Aye. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

Same for the rugby. 

A walk from haymarket train station is the way to go. 

Neverforgetfiveone

Just out of interest, does anyone know how much of the gate receipt does each team get? If it’s a 60k plus crowd that can’t be a kick in the balls off £1m each? 

Maybe 750k each?

3 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Just out of interest, does anyone know how much of the gate receipt does each team get? If it’s a 60k plus crowd that can’t be a kick in the balls off £1m each? 

Maybe 750k each?

Gates are pooled and shared between the 4 semi-finalists.

Except for our own hospitality at Tynecastle that we pocket:2thumbsup: