Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Why do people think Haring is going to be available on Sunday?

Craig said Haring would be doubtful for tonight's game, but was hopeful he'd be available for Sunday.  Seems it's a muscle strain brought on as a result of his hernia problem and Craig is hoping they can manage Haring through until the January break before he has to have the hernia operation.  He also said that the muscle strain wasn't something to be taken lightly, so I would expect if there is any doubt, we won't risk Haring on Sunday.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Craig said Haring would be doubtful for tonight's game, but was hopeful he'd be available for Sunday.  Seems it's a muscle strain brought on as a result of his hernia problem and Craig is hoping they can manage Haring through until the January break before he has to have the hernia operation.  He also said that the muscle strain wasn't something to be taken lightly, so I would expect if there is any doubt, we won't risk Haring on Sunday.

Yep. I think its increasingly unlikely he will start the game. Especially when others are fully fit and showing good form. With 7 on the bench and given the options he provides he might be worth putting on the bench less than fully fit but I suspect others may now start.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No need to mark Forest - he's a one trick pony. I don't know about Rogic. More concerned about Griffiths (not) playing. IMO if he's out that is a huge loss. He is some player. 

I hope Griffiths plays. He is the reason we’ve had a bit of success against Celtic recently. Press them high and they’ll start playing long balls that Dunne and Dikamona will deal with all day. Would much rather he played than Eduard or Sinclair. I hope Jack Hendry starts too, that could be fun.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, magicTs said:

Because the manager said he would be

5 hours ago, RobNox said:

I can assure you it is Tosh.  I've often checked my bank balance on a Monday and been pleasantly surprised at how much more I had in my account than I thought, given what I'd spent over the weekend.  Then I see the pending transactions option, and discover that everything I've used my bank card on from Friday evening is sitting in there, waiting to be deducted.  When I check my balance on Tuesday, all of these show as being deducted on Monday.  This doesn't apply to cash withdrawals, which are deducted in real time.

You can't double spent. It may say pending but, your available balance has been updated. 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Because the manager said he would be

Did he? Interesting. All I’ve seen is Levein saying he hoped he might be available. I’ll be surprised if he is and starts. 

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I hope Griffiths plays. He is the reason we’ve had a bit of success against Celtic recently. Press them high and they’ll start playing long balls that Dunne and Dikamona will deal with all day. Would much rather he played than Eduard or Sinclair. I hope Jack Hendry starts too, that could be fun.

I suspect Simunovic will come in for Boyata, think he has been injured but was on bench on Saturday, Ajer still out. 

If they are missing Brown, Griffiths, Ajer and Boyata definitely out, with a game away from home in Europe on thursday it has to go down as a good time to play them. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
38 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Did he? Interesting. All I’ve seen is Levein saying he hoped he might be available. I’ll be surprised if he is and starts. 

Levein said he'd be surprised if he wasn't ready for Sunday 

7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t think he’ll put a marker on either but if Haring is fit he may deploy him in the same area/zone as Rogic and may look to match Forrest’s pace with Mitchell even though Mitchell has defended poorly recently. 

I think we’ve got a lot to be positive about Doug and don’t need to look at stopping them too much as can create them plenty of problems.

If Brown, Griffiths and Boyata are out and if Jack Hendry starts, that would be beneficial. 

Boyata is suspended

letsalldothebeattie

Brown to miss the next 3 games, Griffiths to miss Thursday and possibly Sunday, Boyata suspended. Despite playing well and sitting top of the table I’d say no better time to be playing them in a semi final 

7 hours ago, magicTs said:

Probably because Levein said he should be fine for Sunday.

Shanks said no

Roadworks appear to be getting lifted at Haymarket Terrace, albeit only temporarily as this is now a constant feature of the area.

7 hours ago, magicTs said:

Yep. I think its increasingly unlikely he will start the game. Especially when others are fully fit and showing good form. With 7 on the bench and given the options he provides he might be worth putting on the bench less than fully fit but I suspect others may now start.

Bozanic's performances against Aberdeen and Dundee will certainly have given CL comfort that if Haring's fitness would be a risk at all, we shouldn't be significantly weaker if he's only on the bench or misses out entirely.  Harry Cochrane being fit to start games again is also a plus there, he's not remotely the same type of player as PH, but it's another option for the midfield area.

15 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Probably because Levein said he should be fine for Sunday.

As good a reason as any!

38 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Roadworks appear to be getting lifted at Haymarket Terrace, albeit only temporarily as this is now a constant feature of the area.

Probably want to get the cones out the way so celtic fans have nothing to throw when they get sent packing back to Haymarket pure raging after they have been pumped ?

Edited by TheStig

Got to laugh. Here's an extract from one of the latest gripes by 'Tic fans.....?

https://thecelticstar.com/bring-on-the-celtic-levein-on-sundays-murrayfield-showdown/

""Aye, lest we forget, had they been deducted 3 points for fielding an unregistered player against Cove Rangers rather than the bizarre decision to take only 2 points from them, then Inverness Caley Thistle would have won that League Cup Group and Hearts would have been out.""

15 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Got to laugh. Here's an extract from one of the latest gripes by 'Tic fans.....?

https://thecelticstar.com/bring-on-the-celtic-levein-on-sundays-murrayfield-showdown/

""Aye, lest we forget, had they been deducted 3 points for fielding an unregistered player against Cove Rangers rather than the bizarre decision to take only 2 points from them, then Inverness Caley Thistle would have won that League Cup Group and Hearts would have been out.""

I quite like this bit 

Although recent injuries to first team regulars Souttar and Uche Ikpeazu, along with Christophe Berra will boost Celtic’s chances of breaking down the side that beat them 1-0 on Tynecastle’s tight pitch with long grass back in August.”

wonders never stop with that mob!!!

I reckon there should be leak from Hearts saying that we will be putting in a bid for Rogic in January :kirk: 

42 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Sign that some of them are getting a wee bit concerned.  If they were completely confident this wouldn't enter their head never mind post about it.

Shanks said no

Interesting 

police scotland

Travel and safety advice ahead of SPFL League Cup Semi Finals

Published 10:39

“Plan ahead, be responsible and enjoy the matches.”

That’s the message from Police Scotland as Hearts prepare to play Celtic at Edinburgh’s Murrayfield Stadium and Aberdeen and Rangers meet at Hampden Park in Glasgow in the SPFL semi-finals on Sunday, 28 October 2018.

The semi-final at Murrayfield kicks off at 1.30pm with the Hampden fixture starting at 4.30pm. 

More than 100,000 supporters will make their way to the matches from Scotland’s three largest cities. Many others will head to bars and pubs to watch their teams compete for a place in the final of the competition.

Police Scotland’s preparations and planning for both matches are well underway with public safety being the force’s primary concern. 

Assistant Chief Constable Bernard Higgins, who has overall responsibility for Police Scotland’s operation, said, “Significant planning has taken place ahead of the matches to ensure those attending, and watching across the country, can enjoy the events safely. These are showcase matches of what is best in Scottish football and we want them to be an enjoyable family occasion for everyone watching at the stadium or elsewhere.

“There will be a huge number of people travelling to both stadiums and Police Scotland wants to make sure everyone gets there safely, on time and home again with minimal disruption.”

Supporters should be aware that the roads and public transport will be busy and are advised to plan ahead and leave plenty of time for their journey. Glasgow and Edinburgh city centres are also expected to be very busy on the day.

ACC Higgins continued, “There is no doubt these matches will be exciting and are extremely important for all the teams and supporters involved. We want all those attending to enjoy the match at Murrayfield in a safe and secure environment.

“I am also urging Celtic supporters, who may not have been to a match at Murrayfield before or be familiar with how to get to the stadium, to ensure they arrive early. Please, plan your journey to the match and home again well in advance.

“Police Scotland will also be working closely with British Transport Police (BTP) colleagues to ensure the safe transit of thousands of supporters from across the country." 

Superintendent David Marshall who is leading the BTP operation, said, “This will be an extremely busy weekend for the Scottish rail network and we’re planning for a high number of passengers to travel to Edinburgh and Glasgow by train.

“There are a number of alcohol bans in place on board ScotRail service, it is important that passengers and fans remember this. Likewise, any form of anti-social or offensive behaviour on the rail network will not be tolerated and those who choose to commit offences will be dealt with robustly, with football banning orders being sought where appropriate. 

“My officers will be patrolling both on board trains and at stations and if you need them on your journey please text us on 61016.” 

ACC Higgins concluded, “Supporters are also being advised that if they try to enter either stadium with a flare, smoke bomb or pyrotechnic they will be arrested. These devices are illegal and dangerous. If you bring any of these items to the match you will endanger your own as well as other’s safety.

“Those attending are also urged to act responsibly and enjoy the match, but not to risk missing it having over-indulged and drank too much. Anyone who involves themselves in acts of sectarianism, disorder or violence will be dealt with appropriately.”

Important advice for supporters:

• Be aware that drinking alcohol in public is an offence in Glasgow – and prohibited in Edinburgh
  • Drinking alcohol on public transport is not permitted
  • It is an offence to be in possession of alcohol or be drunk aboard a coach or mini-bus travelling to a sporting event. Officers will be conducting spot checks to enforce this. 
  • You cannot bring, or attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium – don’t miss a memorable match because you have drunk too much and don’t get in
  • It is illegal to attempt to enter the stadium in possession of pyrotechnic devices, such as flares, smoke bombs, etc.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've seen quite a bit of Forest and have to say I'd be delighted if he played for us.  I understand they've got 2 or 3 others like Rogic who are well above average.

Team to be respected but certainly not feared.

The heavy will taste like nectar in the Diggers on Sunday.

Wrong terminology bud!!!

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

"LEST WE FORGET" That's a weird choice of words for a "real" Celtic fan to use.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Glad they are aware of the cove rangers shambles of a decision from the spfl the first in a long line of shambles situations they oversee on a daily basis this season

Our name is on this trophy 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

16 hours ago, RobNox said:

I can assure you it is Tosh.  I've often checked my bank balance on a Monday and been pleasantly surprised at how much more I had in my account than I thought, given what I'd spent over the weekend.  Then I see the pending transactions option, and discover that everything I've used my bank card on from Friday evening is sitting in there, waiting to be deducted.  When I check my balance on Tuesday, all of these show as being deducted on Monday.  This doesn't apply to cash withdrawals, which are deducted in real time.

Contactless payments work this way 

7 hours ago, swavkav said:

I quite like this bit 

Although recent injuries to first team regulars Souttar and Uche Ikpeazu, along with Christophe Berra will boost Celtic’s chances of breaking down the side that beat them 1-0 on Tynecastle’s tight pitch with long grass back in August.”

wonders never stop with that mob!!!

The grass was that long I could just make Uche's head above it.

9 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Interesting 

police scotland

That’s the message from Police Scotland as Hearts prepare to play Celtic at Edinburgh’s Murrayfield Stadium and Aberdeen and Rangers meet at Hampden Park in Glasgow in the SPFL semi-finals on Sunday, 28 October 2018.

The semi-final at Murrayfield kicks off at 1.30pm with the Hampden fixture starting at 4.30pm. 

More than 100,000 supporters will make their way to the matches from Scotland’s three largest cities. Many others will head to bars and pubs to watch their teams compete for a place in the final of the competition.

Police Scotland’s preparations and planning for both matches are well underway with public safety being the force’s primary concern. 

Assistant Chief Constable Bernard Higgins, who has overall responsibility for Police Scotland’s operation, said, “Significant planning has taken place ahead of the matches to ensure those attending, and watching across the country, can enjoy the events safely. These are showcase matches of what is best in Scottish football and we want them to be an enjoyable family occasion for everyone watching at the stadium or elsewhere.

“There will be a huge number of people travelling to both stadiums and Police Scotland wants to make sure everyone gets there safely, on time and home again with minimal disruption.”

Supporters should be aware that the roads and public transport will be busy and are advised to plan ahead and leave plenty of time for their journey. Glasgow and Edinburgh city centres are also expected to be very busy on the day.

ACC Higgins continued, “There is no doubt these matches will be exciting and are extremely important for all the teams and supporters involved. We want all those attending to enjoy the match at Murrayfield in a safe and secure environment.

“I am also urging Celtic supporters, who may not have been to a match at Murrayfield before or be familiar with how to get to the stadium, to ensure they arrive early. Please, plan your journey to the match and home again well in advance.

“Police Scotland will also be working closely with British Transport Police (BTP) colleagues to ensure the safe transit of thousands of supporters from across the country." 

Superintendent David Marshall who is leading the BTP operation, said, “This will be an extremely busy weekend for the Scottish rail network and we’re planning for a high number of passengers to travel to Edinburgh and Glasgow by train.

“There are a number of alcohol bans in place on board ScotRail service, it is important that passengers and fans remember this. Likewise, any form of anti-social or offensive behaviour on the rail network will not be tolerated and those who choose to commit offences will be dealt with robustly, with football banning orders being sought where appropriate. 

“My officers will be patrolling both on board trains and at stations and if you need them on your journey please text us on 61016.” 

ACC Higgins concluded, “Supporters are also being advised that if they try to enter either stadium with a flare, smoke bomb or pyrotechnic they will be arrested. These devices are illegal and dangerous. If you bring any of these items to the match you will endanger your own as well as other’s safety.

“Those attending are also urged to act responsibly and enjoy the match, but not to risk missing it having over-indulged and drank too much. Anyone who involves themselves in acts of sectarianism, disorder or violence will be dealt with appropriately.”

• Be aware that drinking alcohol in public is an offence in Glasgow – and prohibited in Edinburgh
  • It is an offence to be in possession of alcohol or be drunk aboard a coach or mini-bus travelling to a sporting event. Officers will be conducting spot checks to enforce this. 
  • You cannot bring, or attempt to bring alcohol into the stadium – don’t miss a memorable match because you have drunk too much and don’t get in
  • It is illegal to attempt to enter the stadium in possession of pyrotechnic devices, such as flares, smoke bombs, etc.

Prohibited in Edinburgh?? Since when? Only prohibited on tron Square 500m South as far I'm aware - that got brought in around 2007

18 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

Prohibited in Edinburgh?? Since when? Only prohibited on tron Square 500m South as far I'm aware - that got brought in around 2007

Glad you raised it  I went for a look on Wiki......

The City of Edinburgh allows the consumption of alcohol in public places but under the Edinburgh by-law, anyone drinking in public would have to stop if asked by police.[35] In the Strathclyde region that includes Glasgow, the consumption of alcohol or possession of an open container of alcohol, in public places has been illegal since 1996. Breaking this law can mean a fine

19 hours ago, RobNox said:

Check out Monzo, an app based bank. Gives you a real time balance and things you buy appear instantly in your account, not days later. I rarely use my traditional bank account now, so dated and horrendous to use! There's a few other app banks too, that do the same sort of thing. Basically making it a lot easier to manage money compared to traditional banks that like to catch us out.

10 hours ago, Nobreath said:

Sign that some of them are getting a wee bit concerned.  If they were completely confident this wouldn't enter their head never mind post about it.

We were the team they didnt want to play. They’ve won 11 of the last 12 against Aberdeen and have never lost to their rehydrated zombie neighbours in 90 mins. We’ve beaten them twice recently. Most notably a 4-0 pumping.

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Wrong terminology bud!!!

You are so right.  Not sure what the correct word is but respected is certainly not it.  What I suppose I meant was a grudging acknowledgement that they are capable of playing football but nothing to any great standard.

Hope they find themselves in a battle royal tomorrow.

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The City of Edinburgh allows the consumption of alcohol in public places but under the Edinburgh by-law, anyone drinking in public would have to stop if asked by police.[35] In the Strathclyde region that includes Glasgow, the consumption of alcohol or possession of an open container of alcohol, in public places has been illegal since 1996. Breaking this law can mean a fine

More civilised in Edinburgh ?

There's a muckle barrier separating the North and South sections behind the East stand now. Nothing on the West side though.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I suspect it is only a matter of time, following the creation of the Greater Strathclyde Police aka Police Scotland,before Edinburgh falls into line.

As the wording of the police statement goes more than halfway to suggesting.

Edited by Francis Albert

Lord Beni of Gorgie

On the Andy Irving thing. If we were to win it I feel throbbers are really going to embarrass themselves. 

Kind of resent losing 2 points for actually weakeningthe team on the night. 

60k spectacle would never have happened 

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

On the Andy Irving thing. If we were to win it I feel throbbers are really going to embarrass themselves. 

Kind of resent losing 2 points for actually weakeningthe team on the night. 

60k spectacle would never have happened 

If we win the LC the seethe from the Hibees will be epic.

It will not devalue the trophy win for me it would enhance my joy.

11 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Interesting 

police scotland

Prohibited in Edinburgh??? Is this Police Glasgow...sorry Scotland not knowing Edinburgh's law or just throwing some bs out there in the hope some idiots might fall for it.

2 hours ago, hearts151 said:

Do you mean Hunter Square?

10 minutes ago, jambali said:

Do you mean Hunter Square?

Aye lol. You know I was going to write hunter square initially and convinced myself I was wrong 

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, hearts151 said:

Aye lol. You know I was going to write hunter square initially and convinced myself I was wrong 

I think Hunter Sq was the first and Nicholson and Bristo Sq followed due to aggressive beggars

7 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I think Hunter Sq was the first and Nicholson and Bristo Sq followed due to aggressive beggars

I maybe wrong but I'm sure that's just enforced during the Festival period. I'm sure Foot of the Walk was also included in restrictions. 

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, melton58 said:

I maybe wrong but I'm sure that's just enforced during the Festival period. I'm sure Foot of the Walk was also included in restrictions. 

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/news/article/179/council_and_police_use_the_power_of_the_bye-law_to_discourage_anti-social_drinking

They have used it in other locations / times such as Portobello Beach

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I suspect it is only a matter of time, following the creation of the Greater Strathclyde Police aka Police Scotland,before Edinburgh falls into line.

As the wording of the police statement goes more than halfway to suggesting.

Maybe so but as someone who left Edinburgh over 30 years ago my experience in Strathclyde and Edinburgh are poles apart. I went to a Killie game 12 years ago and didn't know  it was illegal to drink on the street (not some thing I usually do) and was going to be arrested for drinking a beer on the way to the game.There was only me and my 16 YO son. Compare to Edinburgh where i've done it twice and never seen anyone arrested for it. Not even on a New years Day game at Easter Rd.  Contrast with Glasgow/Strathclyde police who I saw arresting quite a few Jambos at the LC final in 2013 - and who got roasted by punters going to the game for their over the top attitude.  It wasn't enough to take their beers away they had to be arrested because in the words of one copper "you've all been warned".  It's like living in two different countries. 

Scotland doesn't have the issues that Glasgow has so I hope the good citizens of all those places that have people having a beer without causing carnage can go about their business. But I fear you may be right.

8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Maybe so but as someone who left Edinburgh over 30 years ago my experience in Strathclyde and Edinburgh are poles apart. I went to a Killie game 12 years ago and didn't know  it was illegal to drink on the street (not some thing I usually do) and was going to be arrested for drinking a beer on the way to the game.There was only me and my 16 YO son. Compare to Edinburgh where i've done it twice and never seen anyone arrested for it. Not even on a New years Day game at Easter Rd.  Contrast with Glasgow/Strathclyde police who I saw arresting quite a few Jambos at the LC final in 2013 - and who got roasted by punters going to the game for their over the top attitude.  It wasn't enough to take their beers away they had to be arrested because in the words of one copper "you've all been warned".  It's like living in two different countries. 

Scotland doesn't have the issues that Glasgow has so I hope the good citizens of all those places that have people having a beer without causing carnage can go about their business. But I fear you may be right.

I think I was at the game (or tried) missed the first train by a minute (thought we could squeeze another beer in...) . The next set of trains got me and my mate to killie for half time. Had a can walking to stadium and police threatened to arrest us. Said we didn't know and explained why we were late.

They said we wouldn't get into stadium even though we had tickets as there had been trouble before the game so wouldn't get in. We said we weren't casuals and were wearing scarfs - both tried to claim people wearing scarfs and colours had also been fighting (don't believe that). Had to settle for listening to second half in a park bench and got train home with rest of our fans. 

Pretty sure we lost too. Great day out... 

Do Hearts fans still drink in white park on gorgie road before the games or is that a thing of the past? Walk a different way now so wouldn't know.

8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Had drink taken off me on more than one occasion at Easter Rd. I would imagine anyone having an al fresco tipple near Murrayfield will suffer the same fate. Pretty sure of it actually.

Edited by Boab