Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Had drink taken off me on more than one occasion at Easter Rd. I would imagine anyone having an al fresco tipple near Murrayfield will suffer the same fate. Pretty sure of it actually.

I saw a few people drinking cans in the street whilst talking to policemen when we played Rangers at Murrayfield. It was middle-aged guys having a couple of cans each so they weren't particularly drunk and weren't causing any problems. Probably be a different story if they were getting wasted.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

I hope Brown, Griffiths and all the other wasters play tbh, makes it more pleasant when Naismith kicks the **** out of them and we win 3-0

On 24/10/2018 at 06:57, ri Alban said:

You can't double spent. It may say pending but, your available balance has been updated. 

You can if it's those pay at the pump things at Asda, they only take £1 from you account at the time.

24 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I saw a few people drinking cans in the street whilst talking to policemen when we played Rangers at Murrayfield. It was middle-aged guys having a couple of cans each so they weren't particularly drunk and weren't causing any problems. Probably be a different story if they were getting wasted.

Probably depends on the copper then. I would call myself middle aged and was away from the stadium and still lost my drink.

Must have that look !!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A bit of fog in Leipzig tonight anything for a wee inconvenience would help. 

However I do remind myself this is the League Cup.  Nice to have type competition 

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:01, BelgeJambo said:

We need to me on our metal from the off for sure

Simple and straightforward win On Sunday by a couple.25 points teams and fans are relaxed 25 points teams and fans are cool No contest. League Leaders prevail.

14 hours ago, kila said:

Check out Monzo, an app based bank. Gives you a real time balance and things you buy appear instantly in your account, not days later. I rarely use my traditional bank account now, so dated and horrendous to use! There's a few other app banks too, that do the same sort of thing. Basically making it a lot easier to manage money compared to traditional banks that like to catch us out.

**off topic**

I'm using Monzo out here and it's fantastic. No charges or commission on foreign card transactions. I don't even have the physical card, just using it on Google pay through my phone. It's brilliant.

11 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Maybe so but as someone who left Edinburgh over 30 years ago my experience in Strathclyde and Edinburgh are poles apart. I went to a Killie game 12 years ago and didn't know  it was illegal to drink on the street (not some thing I usually do) and was going to be arrested for drinking a beer on the way to the game.There was only me and my 16 YO son. Compare to Edinburgh where i've done it twice and never seen anyone arrested for it. Not even on a New years Day game at Easter Rd.  Contrast with Glasgow/Strathclyde police who I saw arresting quite a few Jambos at the LC final in 2013 - and who got roasted by punters going to the game for their over the top attitude.  It wasn't enough to take their beers away they had to be arrested because in the words of one copper "you've all been warned".  It's like living in two different countries. 

Scotland doesn't have the issues that Glasgow has so I hope the good citizens of all those places that have people having a beer without causing carnage can go about their business. But I fear you may be right.

I was very lucky before the LC final, got some beer in Morrisons and had to chuck them and got my name and address taken by the police and told I was very lucky they weren't going to arrest me for drinking in the street. I was happy enough to accept that but would have argued that I was on private property had they been arsey about it.

On 24/10/2018 at 09:49, Section Q said:

Got to laugh. Here's an extract from one of the latest gripes by 'Tic fans.....?

https://thecelticstar.com/bring-on-the-celtic-levein-on-sundays-murrayfield-showdown/

""Aye, lest we forget, had they been deducted 3 points for fielding an unregistered player against Cove Rangers rather than the bizarre decision to take only 2 points from them, then Inverness Caley Thistle would have won that League Cup Group and Hearts would have been out.""

Sounds very Hibs to me 

Its no surprise these 2 clubs are knee deep in each others bumholes 

Thought Police

Was just in the ticket office collecting my tickets, and there was a foreign guy in front of me. He asked in broken English if he could get a ticket for Sunday. Now, the girl behind the counter said he needed to have bought one before, which I understand, but it was rather dismissive and I think the guy was a bit confused. I doubt this guy is a Celtic fan trying to get in our end, and rules are rules, but it was disappointing to see a guy who wants to go to the game unable to go, and dismissed so abruptly.

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Was just in the ticket office collecting my tickets, and there was a foreign guy in front of me. He asked in broken English if he could get a ticket for Sunday. Now, the girl behind the counter said he needed to have bought one before, which I understand, but it was rather dismissive and I think the guy was a bit confused. I doubt this guy is a Celtic fan trying to get in our end, and rules are rules, but it was disappointing to see a guy who wants to go to the game unable to go, and dismissed so abruptly.

Sad to hear. Could you not have bought him one?

Bungalow Bill
8 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Should have offered to buy the ticket on his behalf. 

3 hours ago, graygo said:

You can if it's those pay at the pump things at Asda, they only take £1 from you account at the time.

:interehjrling:

There are probably quite a lot of neutrals who would be keen for going to this one.  Tourists etc. But with it being a pretty high risk game, I can see the club's point in restricting it to folk with a purchase history. Means we'll just have jambos in our end.  

How far does the purchase history go back? 

Thought Police
32 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Should have offered to buy the ticket on his behalf. 

38 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Sad to hear. Could you not have bought him one?

Yeah I feel like a ****. I didn’t actually think of buying him one right there and then (i’ve already used my 4 tickets), but I tried to catch him after I left to give him a mate’s reference number but I don’t know where he went so quickly.

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Surely barely 1,000 left

At least 2,000+, unsold. With seats appearing in numerous sections previously showing ‘as sold out’!

Runing fast to stand still at present!

Chaka Demus & pliers
4 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Yeah I feel like a ****. I didn’t actually think of buying him one right there and then (i’ve already used my 4 tickets), but I tried to catch him after I left to give him a mate’s reference number but I don’t know where he went so quickly.

If you just convince yourself that he actually is a Celtic fan then you'll feel much better. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

At least 2,000+, unsold. With seats appearing in numerous sections previously showing ‘as sold out’!

Runing fast to stand still at present!

There's 200 shown & w8 plus upper w6

Not sure how much of W4 is sold but looks like we still have half of W6 and all of W8 to go, plus a few rows in the top of a section along pitch side, the rest are random dots.

Not looking likely for a sell out but impressive crowd nonetheless. Should get the big flag organised for W8 as looks unlikely it will need opened

59 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Did the broken English sound Irish?

Better to think that it was.

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did the broken English sound Irish?

Better to think that it was.

Could have been the flying column, English isn't widely spoken in Cowdenbeath.

11 minutes ago, super_vlad said:

you would assume this is the hospitality that hasn't sold out now going back on sale ?

Think most of the hospitality is sold out but could be folk like me who had already bought their ticket then paid the difference to upgrade to hospitality so don't need a ticket.

2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Very disappointing. I’ve bought two for a dad and his son over from the States. We shouldn’t be turning people away that are obviously not doing anything sinister. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Saw the same thing happen when I was picking mine up. This was an older Edinburgh bloke and the guy just kept repeating you have to have bought tickets before and be on the data-base. It had been years since he had but got no joy and sent packing.

Quick count,

Seat available to buy:

E 11 -3

E13 - 1

E14 - 1

E17 - 1

S8 - 4

S9 - 1

S14 - 1

S15 - 1

S16 - 2

S18 - 1

S20 - 11

W2 - 47

W3 - 1

W4 - 61

W6 - 105

W7 - 1

W12 - 1

W13 - 3

W15 - 37

Total available = 283  W8 still to go on sale and two thirds of W6

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Saw the same thing happen when I was picking mine up. This was an older Edinburgh bloke and the guy just kept repeating you have to have bought tickets before and be on the data-base. It had been years since he had but got no joy and sent packing.

Was that the guy in the hi- viz jacket ? 

I had 2 x£ 25 tickets thru hospitality at gorgie suite..  I wanted to upgrade for £ 35 ones , they wouldn’t let me , 

l waited outside for him to come out and sold him my 2 x £25 tickets ( he offered me an extra £5 , of which I declined) now him and his son that’s be away at uni will go to the ball, 

I went back in and bought 2 for £35 and got a couple of loyality points . 

Everyone goes home happy ? 

c’mon the famous ?

Edited by novoman

Did Hearts not say earlier that if anyone didn't have a buying history they were to get in touch and they wold sort it?

Pretty poor to be turning folk away.

16 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Quick count,

Seat available to buy:

E 11 -3

E13 - 1

E14 - 1

E17 - 1

S8 - 4

S9 - 1

S14 - 1

S15 - 1

S16 - 2

S18 - 1

S20 - 11

W2 - 47

W3 - 1

W4 - 61

W6 - 105

W7 - 1

W12 - 1

W13 - 3

W15 - 37

Total available = 283  W8 still to go on sale and two thirds of W6

I reckon that's about 220 sold since lunchtime then.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Did Hearts not say earlier that if anyone didn't have a buying history they were to get in touch and they wold sort it?

The club do have to try and protect themselves from "supporters of another club" buying tickets for the hearts end. 

Geoff the Mince
18 minutes ago, novoman said:

Was that the guy in the hi- viz jacket ? 

I had 2 x£ 25 tickets thru hospitality at gorgie suite..  I wanted to upgrade for £ 35 ones , they wouldn’t let me , 

l waited outside for him to come out and sold him my 2 x £25 tickets ( he offered me an extra £5 , of which I declined) now him and his son that’s be away at uni will go to the ball, 

I went back in and bought 2 for £35 and got a couple of loyality points . 

Everyone goes home happy ? 

c’mon the famous ?

Respect . 

Even if we don't completely sell out this must be the third biggest gathering of Hearts fans in my time.

86 cup final & 2006 cup final.

Did we have 30k at the Falkirk semi?

Anyway, superb stuff. :)

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not poor at all , what would you be saying if they got into Celtic supporters hands and there was trouble inside ground?

highlandjambo3
47 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Could you not buy one for him?

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:32, 132goals1958 said:

My memory maybe not what it used to be but if I recall Norrie Davidson side footed into the net from a Willie Hamilton cut back. Was right behind the goals, as you say in the teeming rain.

My older brother says you are right. So,  I've been carrying the wrong picture in my head for all these years!

He thinks also that I may be getting confused with the goal he scored against Rangers in the final the year before, a game we lost 1-3.  

16 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

The club do have to try and protect themselves from "supporters of another club" buying tickets for the hearts end. 

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not poor at all , what would you be saying if they got into Celtic supporters hands and there was trouble inside ground?

Fairy Nuff.

Nelly Terraces
5 hours ago, JamboJen said:

**off topic**

I'm using Monzo out here and it's fantastic. No charges or commission on foreign card transactions. I don't even have the physical card, just using it on Google pay through my phone. It's brilliant.

Very off topic - sounds bloody good this. One wee question, I take it you can make free cash withdrawals abroad with this? If so, I'm in!

32 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Even if we don't completely sell out this must be the third biggest gathering of Hearts fans in my time.

Around 35k at that game iirc. 9k or so Falkirk

5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Around 35k at that game iirc. 9k or so Falkirk

Thinking I missed the AEK game at Murrayfield also but still ?

19 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Very off topic - sounds bloody good this. One wee question, I take it you can make free cash withdrawals abroad with this? If so, I'm in!

No good for that, £200 maximum per month then 3%, better with a Starling card.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Barcelona 

Thing is, and in contrast to what the Weegiephobes on this site might think, Murrayfield is actually pretty good for fans of either Old Firm team. Though based in Glasgow, they are teams who draw allegiance from all over Scotland (to the detriment of local teams everywhere) and beyond. Thousands of Celtic supporters travel to every home game from Ireland. A flight to Emba Errport and then a door to door tram journey is right up their street and the general accessibility of Murrayfield compared to Hampden will also suit Celtic supporters travelling from, say, Perth,  Aberdeen, Inverness and the like. Ad of course it's right on the doorstep of those in places like Livingston and Edinburgh. You'll be surprised how many of their support come from there.

So Boring Brendan might whinge at not having the home advantage he thinks they're entitled to, but a lot of their supporters will be quite happy.

Two bits of advice. Used to work in Paisley and occasionally my train back into Glesca on a Friday would be the ferry connection from Stranraer (when there was one). It would be full of supporters from whatever half of the Old Firm were at home that weekend from the Emerald Isle. Without exception, as you can imagine, they were utter charmers. So beware if you're on a tram after a Dublin flight has come in.

And secondly, it'll suit their supporters, so your job is to turn Murrayfield into Greater Tynie. It'll be hard, with so many occasional fans, but do your best.

Get to that final for yourselves - but in doing so, you strike a blow for Scottish football.