Hybrid Pitch

kila

Parts of the pitch didn’t look good - however compare it to previous years where parts would require to be lifted/replaced. We are nowhere near that.

Could be that there has been a problem and it’s being treated. Would be astounded if the supplier isn’t working with ground staff to address things.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I was being flippant. I agree with you. The pitch didn't look good tonight at all. 

🙈 my apologies 

16 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Pitch looked awful and is a concern given what it cost. 

Budge really must be doing her nut in. Million quit for state of the art pitch and falling apart. 

Medical staff, coaches and players all letting her down big time. 

17 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

The pitch was fine was it. So explain why it's cutting up badly. Threadbare thin at the Gorgie Road End and players slipping frequently. I look forward to your reply. 

It was how I would expect a pitch after the rainfall we had on Monday. It was far from perfect but very playable.

Our players kept slipping first half because for some reason they were wearing the incorrect boots. Livi players weren't slipping.

It didn't look great but I stand by that it was fine and only a problem for those wearing the wrong  studs for a heavy pitch.

If it's a mess after it dries out then we have an issue but my opinion is that it won't be - although I'm not claiming to be an expert.

Edited by Hungry hippo

3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Budge really must be doing her nut in. Million quit for state of the art pitch and falling apart. 

Medical staff, coaches and players all letting her down big time. 

The Club is broken right now! 💔

We need a new start right across the board.

22 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The Club is broken right now! 💔

We need a new start right across the board.

Sad but true.

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Just another bit of infrastructure we have overpaid for. 

The company that laid the pitch should be covering expenses..

You dont just somebody a million and expect them to walk away into the sunset.

5 minutes ago, Tott said:

The company that laid the pitch should be covering expenses..

You dont just somebody a million and expect them to walk away into the sunset.

Doubt it. The company won’t pay expenses to repair it after we held a concert on it.  

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Doubt it. The company won’t pay expenses to repair it after we held a concert on it.  

We consulted them before the concert and they said it would be fine.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

We consulted them before the concert and they said it would be fine.

Did they? Looks like they were wrong then. 

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It was a  big outlay for a major scottish football  club,ithe supplier should have been fighting for our custom.

If there was a concert on it  sometime during the season is neither here nor there.

If six months through the season..the supplying company has failed our expectations..then pursue them to repair there  poorly installed product free gratis as should be expected.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

But but but we had a consert on the pitch n won an award 🥇 

When is this joker getting launched? 

Can anyone think of anything else to worry me?  Pies?  Changing rooms falling apart? Vomitorium covered in vomit?  Press getting soaked?

Anything.  

I know about the players and coaches.  Don't need to be reminded.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Can anyone think of anything else to worry me?  Pies?  Changing rooms falling apart? Vomitorium covered in vomit?  Press getting soaked?

Anything.  

I know about the players and coaches.  Don't need to be reminded.

They ran out of noodles in the Main Stand at HT and the digital game clocks have disappeared. Shambles. 

1 hour ago, Five to One said:

They ran out of noodles in the Main Stand at HT and the digital game clocks have disappeared. Shambles. 

Aren't the clocks only there during live games as part of the advertising boards?

31 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Aren't the clocks only there during live games as part of the advertising boards?

Not sure about the main stand but saw the timer from the Wheatfield

9 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

It was how I would expect a pitch after the rainfall we had on Monday. It was far from perfect but very playable.

Our players kept slipping first half because for some reason they were wearing the incorrect boots. Livi players weren't slipping.

It didn't look great but I stand by that it was fine and only a problem for those wearing the wrong  studs for a heavy pitch.

If it's a mess after it dries out then we have an issue but my opinion is that it won't be - although I'm not claiming to be an expert.

This pitch was given a hugh overall last summer. New drainage new undersoil heating new sprinkler system ect. Not to forget SIS Grass Fibres injected to give the surface more stability. We are also told that is was going to be one of the most monitored pitches in the world. I not having a go but if you think that pitch was acceptable for the money that has had been invested in it you are way of the mark. I would only hope that the STRI Group who project managed the work have been called in to advise. Or are our maintenance team doing something wrong. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

This pitch was given a hugh overall last summer. New drainage new undersoil heating new sprinkler system ect. Not to forget SIS Grass Fibres injected to give the surface more stability. We are also told that is was going to be one of the most monitored pitches in the world. I not having a go but if you think that pitch was acceptable for the money that has had been invested in it you are way of the mark. I would only hope that the STRI Group who project managed the work have been called in to advise. Or are our maintenance team doing something wrong. 

I hope it’s still under some sort of warranty given what we paid for it.  

Just now, davemclaren said:

I hope it’s still under some sort of warranty given what we paid for it.  

Would poor maintenance if this is the case be covered by any warranty I would very much doubt it. As I said in an earlier post maybe some parasite disease has got into the soil. Celtic had this problem last year with their new hybrid pitch. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Would poor maintenance if this is the case be covered by any warranty I would very much doubt it. As I said in an earlier post maybe some parasite disease has got into the soil. Celtic had this problem last year with their new hybrid pitch. 

In any warranty you have to maintain as per the suppliers recommendations but we don’t know what the issue is as yet. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In any warranty you have to maintain as per the suppliers recommendations but we don’t know what the issue is as yet. 

Very true Dave and we may not be shared that info either. 

5 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

State o that...

ELA-8Z9XsAUYQzJ.jpg

Where did you get that from?

Edited by Bad Religion

Only seemed to be Hearts players that had a problem with the pitch last night,  Berra and Zlamal in particular. Pitch didn't look great though.

5 hours ago, Five to One said:

Clocks were on last night.

Austin MacGlee
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Having an orchestra on it is unlikely to be covered under any warranty surely?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Let's all be honest, the pitch didn't have the best start in life did it.  Shambles it was in that state for the start of this season. 

9 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Depends what protection you put down and the terms of the warranty I suppose. The pitch recovered quickly from the concert. 

11 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

You seem pretty certain on what type of studs each of the Hearts players were wearing. Can you give us a breakdown of each? I'd say 95% of players nowadays have their boots converted to mixed sole, which is mouldies and metal studs.

Down by the police box, there was a distinct linear pattern with curved ends. My impression was that was the undersoil heating pattern becoming apparent. Not necessarily the reason for it but perhaps making the damage more visible.

1 hour ago, Flaps_98 said:

You seem pretty certain on what type of studs each of the Hearts players were wearing. Can you give us a breakdown of each? I'd say 95% of players nowadays have their boots converted to mixed sole, which is mouldies and metal studs.

I have no idea but otherwise it was a major coincidence how often Zlamal and Berra slipped compared to the vast majority not slipping even once.

2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Where did you get that from?

What a mess that is. Hope the club have called in the expert's. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When it first became an issue the critics were ridiculed and we were assured that in a couple of weeks it would be perfect.

You poor, persecuted wee lambs.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not persecuted. Just right. 

Yes, if there is one thing we can be sure of it is that you have never been wrong in your entire life.

part_time_jambo
On 05/12/2019 at 09:04, Boris5115 said:

Hugh oot!

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When it first became an issue the critics were ridiculed and we were assured that in a couple of weeks it would be perfect.

Going to be very difficult for our new manager to implement any new style of play on that tattie field. Feckin joke that this pitch is in this condition. 

ground staff need booted out tbh. they get a brand new pitch with all new drainage, sprinklers, lamps and a state of the art monitoring system and still manage to make a mess of it, that is a whole other level of incompetence 

S

1 minute ago, Dinger said:

ground staff need booted out tbh. they get a brand new pitch with all new drainage, sprinklers, lamps and a state of the art monitoring system and still manage to make a mess of it, that is a whole other level of incompetence 

100 percent correct mate.