Hybrid Pitch

kila

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Higher than normal number of Kickbackers had their plot ceremony this week? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Probably explains the flooding down Gorgie as well. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Elaborate on what. We are a football club. Football is our primary business, they spent near million on at top class pitch and can bet your bottom dollar the ground staff could have done without this headache before the first league game. 

People will have opinions on this which is fine, but some folk get awfully angry on here if an opinion doesn't match up with their own....

Elaborate on this mythical damage to the pitch i suppose

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This is another example of the current owner putting the type of arsehole fans that inhabit kickback before PHM and the good of and the first team.

I wonder what you would've said had the club turned down the offer to host the world-renowned Edinburgh International Festival's opening event, where it would not only push the Hearts and Tynecastle brands further, but also be a money spinner from hospitality sales.

Also what's the point spending £1m on a high end hybrid pitch and irrigation system if the full benefits are not utilised? Timing of the festival event not ideal but worth it I think for what the club gets in return.

3 minutes ago, farin said:

This pic from last night shows the pitch

E6B039A4-3093-47FE-8AF3-4F1A19270CBC.thumb.jpeg.d6f95e0d2bc66b05282ebd73b0b256e0.jpeg

Particularly like the boy in the foreground screaming abuse at Levein and Budge over the state of it.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Particularly like the boy in the foreground screaming abuse at Levein and Budge over the state of it.

YE MISSED A BIT.    UM GAUN TAE HOY A FLARE IT YE.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, kila said:

I wonder what you would've said had the club turned down the offer to host the world-renowned Edinburgh International Festival's opening event, where it would not only push the Hearts and Tynecastle brands further, but also be a money spinner from hospitality sales.

Also what's the point spending £1m on a high end hybrid pitch and irrigation system if the full benefits are not utilised? Timing of the festival event not ideal but worth it I think for what the club gets in return.

You don't have to wonder because I'll tell you.

I'd have said "Well done Hearts, don't be another part of Edinburgh's heritage that that sells it's soul for the Festival tourist buck".

£1m hybrid football pitches are for playing football on, otherwise they'd be called '£1m hybrid concert venues'.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

BarneyBattles44
11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

How about random nurse On left.

A ghost of Florence nightingale?

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

How about random nurse On left.

A ghost of Florence nightingale?

Suso’s maw.

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You don't have to wonder because I'll tell you.

I'd have said "Well done Hearts, don't be another part of Edinburgh's heritage that that sells it's soul for the Festival tourist buck".

£1m hybrid football pitches are for playing football on, otherwise they'd be called '£1m hybrid concert venues'.

I hope Hearts open up more of Tynecastle as Fringe venues, comedy shows in the Gorgie Suite would be good :D

£1m hybrid pitches cost so much because the purpose is to make the grass stronger and more resilient, meaning hosting concerts/gigs is within the parameters. It's part of the sell by pitch companies like SIS, otherwise they would be telling the club do not use the pitch as a venue then host a game days later while it is under warranty (surely get more than 1 year warranty for a £1m purchase!)

24 minutes ago, farin said:

This pic from last night shows the pitch

E6B039A4-3093-47FE-8AF3-4F1A19270CBC.thumb.jpeg.d6f95e0d2bc66b05282ebd73b0b256e0.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not to worry there’s his nurse on hand with the medication 💉💊

8 minutes ago, kila said:

I hope Hearts open up more of Tynecastle as Fringe venues, comedy shows in the Gorgie Suite would be good :D

£1m hybrid pitches cost so much because the purpose is to make the grass stronger and more resilient, meaning hosting concerts/gigs is within the parameters. It's part of the sell by pitch companies like SIS, otherwise they would be telling the club do not use the pitch as a venue then host a game days later while it is under warranty (surely get more than 1 year warranty for a £1m purchase!)

Home games are good for a laugh :look:

Johnny Sandiego
3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Elaborate on what. We are a football club. Football is our primary business, they spent near million on at top class pitch and can bet your bottom dollar the ground staff could have done without this headache before the first league game. 

People will have opinions on this which is fine, but some folk get awfully angry on here if an opinion doesn't match up with their own....

Pretty sure the ground staff knew all about this well in advance.

We got £100k to host this concert, which is £100k towards running the football club. The whole point of investing in the hybrid was to not only have a top class pitch to play on, but to allow us to make money from it through events/concerts when theres no football on.

The pitch will be fine, the club have confirmed this. Wish folk would stop slating the club for stuff that isnt even a real issue.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That pitch will be so perfect on Saturday that Picasso will go out at half time and paint on it.

His easel would get pretty wet !

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Hopefully budge puts on a pre-match motocross event on Saturday

Can Budge ride a motor bike?

She's one talented lady. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There is no denying it looks shite but in no doubt it's a good use of the stadium 

I wonder if the people moaning about a little bit of brown grass were moaning when we posted over 1m non match day turn over 

5 minutes ago, campbell said:

I wonder if the people moaning about a little bit of brown grass were moaning when we posted over 1m non match day turn over 

Where did we post that? just through interest. 

Governor Tarkin
31 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Hopefully budge puts on a pre-match motocross event on Saturday

:seething:

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Where did we post that? just through interest. 

Not through this classical chicanery gig. 100K was mentioned earlier for this, which is less than a month’s Foundation money for context.

If the SFA give it the go ahead. I really dont see the issue.

Anyway, a win at the weekend and we will never hear about it again.

1 minute ago, Plank said:

If the SFA give it the go ahead. I really dont see the issue.

Anyway, a win at the weekend and we will never hear about it again.

What do the SFA need to give the go ahead for ?

You surely are not talking about the pitch

21 hours ago, yorkshire jambo said:

I work in events , several in football stadiums...pitch covering industry standard stuff. Looks bad because grass starved of sunlight... photosynthesis...a few rays and a bit of water and it will be fine. Any problems will be aesthetic.

Still folk ignoring this ITK post :whistling:

johnking123
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I think people questioning why we had a concert on a state of the art brand new pitch is warranted to be honest. 

And the answer is it can handle it and give us extra revenue. That way we have more money for the football side of things.

3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I think people questioning why we had a concert on a state of the art brand new pitch is warranted to be honest. 

And it's been answered several times.

One of the purposes of the brand new state of the art pitch is the ability to hold things like concerts on it. 

Just now, SUTOL said:

And it's been answered several times.

One of the purposes of the brand new state of the art pitch is the ability to hold things like concerts on it. 

Ha, I'm not sure that's one of the purposes of it but i really do get that holding events on it will give us extra revenue. 

I suppose we'll see how it looks on Saturday. 

We paid a hell of a lot of money for it, i suppose we're looking to recoup that money.

been here before
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Think tynecastle would make a good boxing venue. Something to be looked at for the future. 

Just like Bayview a couple of weeks ago.

What a thread that was.

4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Murrayfield, Wembley , Eastlands , Millennium, Old Trafford . 

Why can't you grasp that it's a common occurrence and causes no real problems with the playability of the pitch and only causes a short term problem with the look . 

Its not rocket science, you're coming across all Hibs tbh . 

Just now, ramrod said:

Murrayfield, Wembley , Eastlands , Millennium, Old Trafford . 

Why can't you grasp that it's a common occurrence and causes no real problems with the playability of the pitch and only causes a short term problem with the look . 

Its not rocket science, you're coming across all Hibs tbh . 

Hibs aye?

You're saying that there's bugger all wrong with the pitch before you've seen a game on it. 

I'm just showing concern, rather than just believing everything that's been posted on the internet. 

51 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Pretty sure the ground staff knew all about this well in advance.

We got £100k to host this concert, which is £100k towards running the football club. The whole point of investing in the hybrid was to not only have a top class pitch to play on, but to allow us to make money from it through events/concerts when theres no football on.

The pitch will be fine, the club have confirmed this. Wish folk would stop slating the club for stuff that isnt even a real issue.

Slating the club yeah ok mate jog on....

You are obviously the super fan, never complain, never moan I wish we could all be model supporters like you eh....

Slating the club yeah it's my hobby get a grip eh....

If you think I'm slating the club you'd best stay off this forum...honestly

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Hibs aye?

You're saying that there's bugger all wrong with the pitch before you've seen a game on it. 

I'm just showing concern, rather than just believing everything that's been posted on the internet. 

Hearts say there is nothing wrong with the pitch but that's obviously not good enough for you 

Just now, mscjambo said:

Slating the club yeah ok mate jog on....

You are obviously the super fan, never complain, never moan I wish we could all be model supporters like you eh....

Slating the club yeah it's my hobby get a grip eh....

If you think I'm slating the club you'd best stay off this forum...honestly

and I quote ' On the eve of the season given the pitch issues we had to knowingly damage the the pitch is ridiculous. Cosmetic or not it's utterly ridiculous.'

No, can't see any slagging of the club there??????

Hungry hippo
13 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Ha, I'm not sure that's one of the purposes of it but i really do get that holding events on it will give us extra revenue. 

I suppose we'll see how it looks on Saturday. 

We paid a hell of a lot of money for it, i suppose we're looking to recoup that 

13 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Net cost of the pitch is down to £900k after income from the event.

Edited by Hungry hippo
Made an erse of using the quote function

Hibs aye?

The statement from Hearts earlier on in the week addressed the problem pretty well tbh . 

Plus a bit of common sense and experience tells you the pitch won't look it's best for a few weeks but will play fine with no long term problems . 

Last season Wembley looked horrendous after a grid iron game for a Spurs  home game , but played fine and made a full recovery. 

Its a storm in a tea cup that has no real relevance and will be forgotten about by our 2 nd home game imo . 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

The statement from Hearts earlier on in the week addressed the problem pretty well tbh . 

Plus a bit of common sense and experience tells you the pitch won't look it's best for a few weeks but will play fine with no long term problems . 

Last season Wembley looked horrendous after a grid iron game for a Spurs  home game , but played fine and made a full recovery. 

Its a storm in a tea cup that has no real relevance and will be forgotten about by our 2 nd home game imo . 

Yeah well, i suppose there's worse things to moan about. 

Even a draw against Ross County at home will bring a whole load of shit up, including the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

and I quote ' On the eve of the season given the pitch issues we had to knowingly damage the the pitch is ridiculous. Cosmetic or not it's utterly ridiculous.'

No, can't see any slagging of the club there??????

Yeah you never question anything about the club, signings, managers, decisions made? Wish we could all be super fans like you.....

Still have my shares, still have my season ticket, still pay my FOH....yep hate the club do nothing but send bad vibes down Tynie way. Fans like me are the problem eh....

Let's review your posting history on here and I'm assuming you've never questioned anything around the club because you're obviously the.......super fan congratulations 🙉

Yeah well, i suppose there's worse things to moan about. 

Even a draw against Ross County at home will bring a whole load of shit up, including the pitch. 

True .hopefully we'll get the 3 pts that's all that matters 👍🏻

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Its not comparable as there was an actual sporting event played on the Wembley pitch and it really did have a negative effect on their game v Barca. 

This is more superficial and will play just fine. 

25 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think tynecastle would make a good boxing venue. Something to be looked at for the future. 

Begs the question, why is it called a boxing ring? Surely boxing box would make more sense? 😬

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

True .hopefully we'll get the 3 pts that's all that matters 👍🏻

Nope, 

Playing well and 3 points is what matters these days .

Our club has moved up a notch and the management team need to match that notch. 

I don't see any sort of tactics or way of playing at the moment. That's why a lot of us aren't happy with Levein. 

We've wasted money on a lot of crap signings but we've still got enough good ones to be competing with aberdeen for 3rd. 

We'll see what happens this year i suppose. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

With proper preparation, the pitch could be used for a lot of purposes.

I think we should draw the line at showjumping, though

...and maybe American 'football'.