Hybrid Pitch

kila

52 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

@ramrod while kickback is a hotbed of negativity it pales into insignificance  when compared to other social media particularly the various Facebook pages. 

Yeah but facebook is a cesspit of bollox

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Given free, 100k, now 200k? 

How much income did the event actually generate for us and what is the likely profit from that?

Until we know that it's hard to judge whether it was worth it or not.

Say we made 20k off the 100k that folk are chucking about...I'd probably say it wasn't worth it.

If your any sort of business and can promote yourself in a good light ,introduce new customers to your business offer, keep casual workers employed in a quiet period and make any profit at all Its a No Brainer 

Trust me I was there and it was worth it for the entertainment alone .many many people sat around us had never been in a football ground let alone tynecastle and there were no complaints whatsoever about the experience all potential new customers 

Scnorthedinburgh
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Just to be clear, I'm not opposed to it or for it really. Until we know the financials of it it's impossible to tell really.

My gut instinct is that the pitch will be perfectly playable today and the rest of the season but that aesthetically it won't fully recover and unless there's a significant financial benefit to offset that then maybe it wasn't worth doing. Which is a shame as I absolutely loved the idea of the performance and us hosting it.

Did you Wembley last year when spurs played 7 days after a NFL game? The pitch was shocking.

7 days after that it was fine.

It's not like the old pitch was perfect.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

He can hardly control his pish never mind a feckin ball so he can away and eat his ain shite.

Beat me to it

David McCaig
Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Doesn’t look that bad from ground level. 

It's falling apart as Ross County warm-up!!!

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Undeniably we have the biggest set of torn faced moaning  fans in the Scotland,  Austin was right - we are either world beaters or a total disaster, we have no perspective, on or off the pitch. And I’m not exempt from that on occasion but this one is taking the piss

no way would the club have done anything which would result in long term damage to that surface. I look forward to checking in on this thread in 3 weeks when the surface is back to playing (and looking) the best in Scotland. 

Glad others are seeing this more these days

The pitch is in a disgraceful condition. No way should we host events if this is the outcome.  Someone needs their jotters!

Edited by McCrae

6 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Did you Wembley last year when spurs played 7 days after a NFL game? The pitch was shocking.

7 days after that it was fine.

It's not like the old pitch was perfect.

Not really comparable but the point about the old pitch is certainly pertinent and correct.

Archie White

Have to say where I sit, a few rows off pitch at right of main stand there's no grass in quite a few areas. Disappointing for first home league game.

hereford_hearts
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He can hardly control his pish never mind a feckin ball so he can away and eat his ain shite.

Your usual classy response 😆😆😆

3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

By the end of the day it will probably be about £900K we made from it! The Queen Ann Fanbois are desperate to spin this concert as a business masterclass. 

With “friends” like you who needs enemies?

You’d rather we’d gone bust don’t you and done “a The Rangers” like your favourite team, eh?

SpruceBringsteen
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Correct, the boy is about 2 IQ points above being legally disabled. I'd take a long hard look at my life if I was quoting him on any subject other than "which Tommee Tippee bib catches the most Ready Brek" tbh

Levein said that there was no money involved in the concert either. It was more for prestige and being involved in the festival. 

That doesn't make it worth while imo but it is what it is and we move on.

3 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Correct, the boy is about 2 IQ points above being legally disabled. I'd take a long hard look at my life if I was quoting him on any subject other than "which Tommee Tippee bib catches the most Ready Brek" tbh

He's Kieran Tierney's Agent is he no? He cannae be that daft.. 

Haringshairband

Let's be honest, the pitch looks pretty terrible. It will be fine for our next home game but it was a poor decision to hold a concert 1 week before the start of the season.

Absolute shocking decision. Spend 1 + million on a perfect playing surface for us to agree to a concert 5 days before a crucial game, aye Barry Ann budge. Any excuse for Craig’s to play the long ball game. 

Happy Saturday guys 🤗

Just now, Barack said:

Yeah I'm only messing. Not about the colour blindness though. 

That shit's the truth.

You do realise that Obama is white, right?

I remember U2 having a concert at Sun Devil Stadium some 25 years ago and the Arizona State University head football coach being a little bit upset about it. Registered a small blip in the sport news cycle for a day or two.

Yes, it looks bad. The pantwetting over this is far more embarrassing.

Just now, Justin Z said:

I remember U2 having a concert at Sun Devil Stadium some 25 years ago and the Arizona State University head football coach being a little bit upset about it. Registered a small blip in the sport news cycle for a day or two.

Yes, it looks bad. The pantwetting over this is far more embarrassing.

The cover up/pant wetting of nothing to see move along here by many is as equally embarrassing.  That’s coming from someone who doesn’t see it as a big deal. 

SpruceBringsteen
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

He's Kieran Tierney's Agent is he no? He cannae be that daft..

Would make sense, Kieran Tierney has a mental age of about 13. Must be quite the dialogue when those two intellectual masterminds get together.

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

The cover up/pant wetting of nothing to see move along here by many is as equally embarrassing.  That’s coming from someone who doesn’t see it as a big deal. 

I've really not seen any concerted effort on that front. Calls for levity, sure. Which is completely different. And entirely warranted.

Anyway, on with the match.

Away up in Gorgie

The pitch :rofl:

Budge honestly thinks the support zip up the back. Deary me. Treats us with complete contempt. 

Just now, Justin Z said:

I've really not seen any concerted effort on that front. Calls for levity, sure. Which is completely different. And entirely warranted.

Anyway, on with the match.

Good man. 

hereford_hearts
9 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Let's be honest, the pitch looks pretty terrible. It will be fine for our next home game but it was a poor decision to hold a concert 1 week before the start of the season.

I suppose we could tell the festival committee to start it a couple of weeks early next year!

The indignation when someone throws a flare on our £1m pitch. Then covering it with a ****ing stage and seating a week before the season starts. Hypocrisy at its finest. And indefensible.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The indignation when someone throws a flare on our £1m pitch. Then covering it with a ****ing stage and seating a week before the season starts. Hypocrisy at its finest. And indefensible.

Unless you're one of the club plants on Kickback.

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Unless you're one of the club plants on Kickback.

:lol:

We're needed, in order to mock f***ery like comparing 500+° incendiary devices that can cause permanent damage to the nylon fibres in a hybrid pitch, to some dead grass.

Edit: Also helps showcase Hearts as an equal opportunity employer for immigrants both on the football side and the admin side, so a win-win really.

Edited by Justin Z

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:lol:

We're needed, in order to mock f***ery like comparing 500+° incendiary devices that can cause permanent damage to the nylon fibres in a hybrid pitch, to some dead grass.

Both are acts of vandalism, JZ. :(

5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Edit: Also helps showcase Hearts as an equal opportunity employer for immigrants both on the football side and the admin side, so a win-win really.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Both are acts of vandalism, JZ. :(

I know, but how else was I meant to fulfil my purpose of stealing the job of spreading Budge propaganda from some guid, honest Scottish laddie?

Edited by Justin Z
because I accidentally typed "was a meant" at first, **** sake 😂

Gorgie_Rules
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

‘Discolouration’

:rofl:

Surface is shocking down the main stand/roseburn corner.

Some on here will blindly stand up for the club at any opportunity.

The White Cockade

It’s not discolouration 

looks like the grass has died off as it’s bare with no grass in areas

Take a while to recover I reckon and I’m a happy clapper

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Cut up. Ball bouncing all over the shop. Bare.

’will play the same though’

Clueless. :rofl:

This is Hearts you’re watching. The ball always bounces all over the place. 😬

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Undeniably we have the biggest set of torn faced moaning  fans in the Scotland,  Austin was right - we are either world beaters or a total disaster, we have no perspective, on or off the pitch. And I’m not exempt from that on occasion but this one is taking the piss

no way would the club have done anything which would result in long term damage to that surface. I look forward to checking in on this thread in 3 weeks when the surface is back to playing (and looking) the best in Scotland. 

Absolutely spot on!! Beyond a joke.

Edited by It should have been ten