Hybrid Pitch

kila

Incredible the amount of "supporters" on here who you can tell from their posts are actually hoping that the pitch is a mess on Saturday. Strange behaviour.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

Incredible the amount of "supporters" on here who you can tell from their posts are actually hoping that the pitch is a mess on Saturday. Strange behaviour.

Short, short memories at times..

been here before
25 minutes ago, graygo said:

True.

There really are people on here hoping its a **** up...

And you just know theyll be gutted if it plays fine but still find a way to scream their greeting wee 'nads off

I hope the Edinburgh International Festival are footing the bill for any pitch repairs,  running those lamps constantly aren't cheap either :)

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

I reckon I'd spend £12m on hookers, coke and weed, probably just waste the rest. 

😂

Ideal weather with it getting a good soaking last night plus sun today it will be looking immaculate on Saturday. Only takes grass a few days to recover 

On the eve of the season given the pitch issues we had to knowingly damage the the pitch is ridiculous. Cosmetic or not it's utterly ridiculous.

To spend so much on a new pitch then do this for yes some cash but essentially PR for me is silly. We are a football club and this decision to host this event was not a footballing one, for the sake of a concert.....

hmfc_liam06

Folk that cant differentiate between slight discolouration and lobbing a smokebomb on the pitch, melting the plastic :lol:

It’s all fine. Bought some of that Liquid Grass Spray off EBay yesterday and just handed it over to the club shop this morning. Fair chuffed they were. Might be too green now though!!

Walter Bishop

Posted on Hearts facebook page 1 hour ago. Fair play to club and ground staff if this is current state of pitch. 

Image may contain: sky, stadium and outdoor

Edited by Walter Bishop

Hungry hippo
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Posted on Hearts facebook page 1 hour ago.

Image may contain: sky, stadium and outdoor

As a profile pic so not claiming to be today.  No way can it recover that quickly.

7 minutes ago, farin said:

Its another stick to beat AB with tbh. A certain section of our support are quick to jump on anything negative about the club.  As you say strange behaviour. 

I strongly suspect a good majority of these folk are those AB is addressing when she complains about smoke bombs, unacceptable behaviour etc. 

Edited by Disco Dave

I might be stupid but how can the portion of plastic fibres turn yellow? How much of the grass is actually plastic it must be a fraction if there are large brown/yellow patches.

Just now, ZanderMIM said:

I might be stupid but how can the portion of plastic fibres turn yellow? How much of the grass is actually plastic it must be a fraction if there are large brown/yellow patches.

I believe only around 3-5% of the surface is synthetic fibres, and their purpose is more under the ground than the top as the grass roots grow and intertwine with the fibres.

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

About 5% plastic I think.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

The Facebook arseholes are a cut above the JKB arseholes IMO.

Agree 100 percent.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

On the eve of the season given the pitch issues we had to knowingly damage the the pitch is ridiculous. Cosmetic or not it's utterly ridiculous.

To spend so much on a new pitch then do this for yes some cash but essentially PR for me is silly. We are a football club and this decision to host this event was not a footballing one, for the sake of a concert.....

Utter pish.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we should be extremely grateful to the people behind the concert. 

Extremely 

22 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

As a profile pic so not claiming to be today.  No way can it recover that quickly.

And given the shadows there's no way that photo was taken today. More likely an afternoon/ evening shot from earlier this summer

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, farin said:

99B99145-CD10-4333-8F44-9EA88FB8F95B.thumb.jpeg.5d6be3ecc886d9a24a39df830d432333.jpeg

They were right when they used to say people would go to Tynecastle Park just to watch the grass grow. :leveinnaturalorder::verysmug:

It was for cash. The £1m spent on changing a shot grass pitch for a far more robust one enables us to make more money by renting the pitch out when not being used for primary purpose (13 days out of 14 roughly). 

If you camp in your back garden for a day, the grass looks crap the day after. 

I would prefer we generate more money and get better players than we have a really pretty looking pitch predominantly on days where the ground is unused and closed to public. 

It was a cracking concert, a real profile-raiser and money-spinner. Great move by the club and well worth a bit of discoloured grass.

If its true we made over £100,000, with no damage to the pitch other than aesthetics ie 10% of the total cost of the pitch in one go, im not sure what is ridiculous about it.

Can you elaborate?

jamborleystatto
21 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Translated:-

Ann moans about a flare thrown on to the pitch ffs. Look at that pitch 3 days before first Yam game of the season. Just hope it was worth it and the club made decent money. 

Same fing lol

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

What a shower of clowns. They must never be off the lavvy pan since they are shiting it at the drop of a hat.

Harsh Jonno. It’s not even rained today, and the sun has been out.

Not only has the grass been hit with an absolute deluge of water, it’s now got the sun shining on it constantly, and it’s not even being shaded from the damaging affects of the UV rays. The combination of water and light is going to see it die altogether, mark my words. 

:wow:

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Jings. What a mess we are in. Brexit pales into comparison. 

I'm going to come out in sympathy with the balloon ersed flappers and cut ma lawn.

Be sure and shade it from the sun to prevent it getting burnt, and try not to let any water get near it, or it might get waterlogged. 👍

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm going to come out in sympathy with the balloon ersed flappers and cut ma lawn.

There are plenty of good ones to choose from, but that is one of your best descriptions yet :laugh2:

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

My favourite bit was when people said that all the rain would make it even worse. :lol:

:notsure:

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:pleasing:

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

If its true we made over £100,000, with no damage to the pitch other than aesthetics ie 10% of the total cost of the pitch in one go, im not sure what is ridiculous about it.

Can you elaborate?

Elaborate on what. We are a football club. Football is our primary business, they spent near million on at top class pitch and can bet your bottom dollar the ground staff could have done without this headache before the first league game. 

People will have opinions on this which is fine, but some folk get awfully angry on here if an opinion doesn't match up with their own....

Edited by mscjambo

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Utter pish.

How long did it take you to think that up? Ha ha.....weird little person. Agree or disagree.... fair enough. Absolutely no point what so ever to your post .....

Strange, strange individual 🙈

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, farin said:

Its another stick to beat AB with tbh. A certain section of our support are quick to jump on anything negative about the club.  As you say strange behaviour. 

Beyond strange. Psychotic.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Harsh Jonno. It’s not even rained today, and the sun has been out.

Not only has the grass been hit with an absolute deluge of water, it’s now got the sun shining on it constantly, and it’s not even being shaded from the damaging affects of the UV rays. The combination of water and light is going to see it die altogether, mark my words. 

:wow:

The lightning Friday and Saturday should finish it off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650225

The Treasurer
18 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Elaborate on what. We are a football club. Football is our primary business, they spent near million on at top class pitch and can bet your bottom dollar the ground staff could have done without this headache before the first league game. 

People will have opinions on this which is fine, but some folk get awfully angry on here if an opinion doesn't match up with their own....

Aye they must really be seething having to prepare the pitch for a game of football

23 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Surely the ground staff were made aware they were going to have a concert on the pitch?

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

Surely the ground staff were made aware they were going to have a concert on the pitch?

I'm very sure they were, but does it or doesn't it make their job more complicated? Nobody said it was a surprise to them...

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So how come a plastic pitch can turn brown?

Higher than normal number of Kickbackers had their plot ceremony this week? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Higher than normal number of Kickbackers had their plot ceremony this week? 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is another example of the current owner putting the type of arsehole fans that inhabit kickback before PHM and the good of and the first team.