Hybrid Pitch

kila

1 minute ago, Ahaaaaaaa said:

Surely if the pitch is perfect it would be all green and not looking like its had bleach sprayed over half of it. 

Similar to another post that described it as impeccable whilst in the same sentence they referenced the discolouration.

Is the pitch an issue? No. Do people understand the words they use? Also, no.

Edited by Taffin

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

It's not a fact,  it's your opinion.

It is a Fact that pitches are at their best at the start of the season.

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

It's also a fact that ours will still be in top condition in January, when many others that look like bowling greens just now will be like tattie fields

It looks bad, but if it is purely discolouration and not actually damaged then no harm done. I don't know why people are jumping down the throats of others who are concerned about the condition of a 1m pound investment though. 

I'd imagine at the cost of 1 million that the professionals who installed it were asked for advice.

That advice would I expect be considered and the benefits drawbacks evaluated.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

I'd imagine at the cost of 1 million that the professionals who installed it were asked for advice.

That advice would I expect be considered and the benefits drawbacks evaluated.

I was at the Federation meeting last week and Ann was in attendance, this was mentioned, the professionals were consulted and Ann was assured that there would be no damage to the pitch, they were aware that it wouldn't look good for a wee while but that it wouldn't take long to regain colour, painting it was considered.

Maybe it will confuse the seagull hoardes and they'll start jobby bombing the pitch.     Something to look foward to.

The club have said the pitch is absolutely fine....it may just not look it in its current state.

Why are folk even arguing with that ?

Its not like they been down and seen it and cast their expert eye over it.......

Its just being annoyed for the sake of being annoyed imo.

Edited by DH1986

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

jobby bombing the pitch.

Free fertiliser 💩 every cloud has a silver lining!

23 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

I was at the Federation meeting last week and Ann was in attendance, this was mentioned, the professionals were consulted and Ann was assured that there would be no damage to the pitch, they were aware that it wouldn't look good for a wee while but that it wouldn't take long to regain colour, painting it was considered.

Imagine that .

😁

16 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The club have said the pitch is absolutely fine....it may just not look it in its current state.

Why are folk even arguing with that ?

Its not like they been down and seen it and cast their expert eye over it.......

Its just being annoyed for the sake of being annoyed imo.

Or interlopers peeing in their jammies

Glamorgan Jambo

Can I recommend that any concerned person take a couple of spare bricks and place them on their lawn later today. then tomorrow morning remove them and report back on what colour the grass is immediately after being uncovered. And then at 24 hourly intervals until it's fully green again. Should take you less than a week. You can thank me later.

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I'd love to have seen how this looked before you edited it.

:rofl:

Yerm. 

1 hour ago, Ahaaaaaaa said:

Surely if the pitch is perfect it would be all green and not looking like its had bleach sprayed over half of it. 

To be fair, nothing that's all green is perfect.

Do you prefer a particular shade of green? A bit like the new Hibs strip green or lighter than that?

Anyway, the underfoot conditions for the players will be exactly the same whether the pitch is green, pink, orange or yellow.

The players are training on it as usual on Friday, I'm sure they'll be distraught if it's not all green as they'll clearly run the risk of serious injury if it's not.

Shocking:rofl:

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Exactly, say the pitch can recover fully inside a fortnight then we could easily have quite a number of events throughout the season, from a quick look we have 5/6 gaps of 2 weeks or more between home fixtures (not accounting for cup games) not to mention the events we could host over the summer months.

At a capacity of 15 thousand we are competing size wise with the Hydro in Glasgow that has events almost every night of the week, 15k gives us at least 50% more capacity than the castle that hosts some very big name gigs.

This could become a huge revenue stream for the club yet folk don't want it because the grass isn't green enough for a game against ross county?

I don’t know how many events it would need to take to get an extra million a year income. It may be one big one, it may be ten. Either way, a million extra income a year is 4 players on 5k a week. Nobody knows how much our top earners are on but I’d imagine that’s close to 4 Naismith type players. Imagine how good a team we could have with 4 more Naismiths. 

3 hours ago, jamborleystatto said:

Anne moans boot a flare hoyd on pitch ffs.look at that pitch 3days b4 1st yerm gem of season.just hope it was worth it and club made decent coinage

This has to be a spoof.

42 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

They have also over seeded the existing sward for good measure.

The only way there can be damage to the Sis grass portion of the pitch, is if the legs that carry the surface boards have gone deep enough to contact the stitching under the soil.

(you can see the marks in the pics and they don't look too deep imo)

As far as the flares are concerned, they have melted the Sis grass that protrudes to the surface of the pitch, so definite damage.

Edited by D'Jambo

1 hour ago, stotty said:

It looks bad, but if it is purely discolouration and not actually damaged then no harm done. I don't know why people are jumping down the throats of others who are concerned about the condition of a 1m pound investment though. 

Maybe because the club has already issued a statement saying that the pitch is perfectly playable, but some on here seem to think they know better.

Just now, RobNox said:

Maybe because the club has already issued a statement saying that the pitch is perfectly playable, but some on here seem to think they know better.

People were doing it before the statement. I was a wee bit concerned when I first saw the photo (albeit I was sure we'd have taken expert advice) and then the club issued their statement and I'm no longer concerned.

been here before
3 hours ago, jamborleystatto said:

Anne moans boot a flare hoyd on pitch ffs.look at that pitch 3days b4 1st yerm gem of season.just hope it was worth it and club made decent coinage

CD11866657.jpg.dcd5d4ee25bffb602e2cd291b004fdd5.jpg

48 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Maybe it will confuse the seagull hoardes and they'll start jobby bombing the pitch.     Something to look foward to.

As long as it's PHS then fair enough.

They better watch out if Berra is playing though.

Edited by Noah Claypole

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Exactly, say the pitch can recover fully inside a fortnight then we could easily have quite a number of events throughout the season, from a quick look we have 5/6 gaps of 2 weeks or more between home fixtures (not accounting for cup games) not to mention the events we could host over the summer months.

At a capacity of 15 thousand we are competing size wise with the Hydro in Glasgow that has events almost every night of the week, 15k gives us at least 50% more capacity than the castle that hosts some very big name gigs.

This could become a huge revenue stream for the club yet folk don't want it because the grass isn't green enough for a game against ross county?

It would take a bit longer to recover in the winter and the weather might be against outdoor gigs, but as long as the pitch isn’t damaged then we should be looking to utilise it and make more money. 

Pity we aren’t playing Rodgers Celtic on Saturday really 🤪😃.

2 hours ago, farin said:

AB reading some of the comments on here. 😂

BF5EF5C9-92FF-4C01-9077-0E5A62519BAB.thumb.jpeg.3399806476a1dd99eb25864da343ecb1.jpeg

From AB herself. She reads KB late at night 👍

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Except that's not what you claimed as fact,  you were claiming our pitch will be far from it. 

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

We’ll all see how the pitch is in a few days. If it has been damaged then I’m sure the club will learn from it. But we do have to try and maximise revenue from sources other than football, and I personally fully support the club in attracting such a high profile event to Tynecastle.

11 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Except that's not what you claimed as fact,  you were claiming our pitch will be far from it. 

At present it's not as it should be but hopefully it will be in the coming weeks. Night night now. 

Jambo, Goodbye
5 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

At present it's not as it should be but hopefully it will be in the coming weeks. Night night now. 

Hearts released a statement to say that the pitch is "well within the acceptable parameters for elite level football an the pitch firmness is optimal for play.

"Prior to agreeing to host the concert, we took advice from a number of expert sources, including the companies involved in laying the pitch. Our pitch consultants, STRI Group, were contracted to advise and manage the pitch protection process on our behalf, working throughout with our own groundstaff.

"We have always known that the event would have an impact on the aesthetics of the pitch, however, there would be no impact on its playability."

Keep calm and sleep easy in your bed. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
52 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Can I recommend that any concerned person take a couple of spare bricks and place them on their lawn later today. then tomorrow morning remove them and report back on what colour the grass is immediately after being uncovered. And then at 24 hourly intervals until it's fully green again. Should take you less than a week. You can thank me later.

Old Main Stand bricks?  Just for the full effect?.   In all seriousness, I am with you Glamorgan, it's just Ann Budge haters and Hibs fans getting excited over nothing.

IT.   IS.   NOT.   DAMAGED.

It would be damaged if some genius HOYD a flare on it during a GEM,    but not by this.     There is a variance in colour,    which will confuse jobby laden seagulls and flare hoyers,    but it is no worse than that.     

IT.   IS.   NOT.   DAMAGED.

17 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Hearts released a statement to say that the pitch is "well within the acceptable parameters for elite level football an the pitch firmness is optimal for play.

"Prior to agreeing to host the concert, we took advice from a number of expert sources, including the companies involved in laying the pitch. Our pitch consultants, STRI Group, were contracted to advise and manage the pitch protection process on our behalf, working throughout with our own groundstaff.

"We have always known that the event would have an impact on the aesthetics of the pitch, however, there would be no impact on its playability."

Keep calm and sleep easy in your bed. 

Will do thankyou. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yer a reet canny happy clappa, min.

Nut.  Um a PHC an ah demand muh humun rites tae hoy stuff aboot.   Flares,  50p bits,  fag liters,  grapefruit an that.   Budge oot.

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Pic from short time ago today. Have edited as don't know the people although the pic is on twitter. Screenshot_20190807-141204_Twitter.thumb.jpg.82935059be4dc29b66b535faf9aa7329.jpg

Superb piece of edit work. Must have taken hours that. Fancy doing  some decorative pitch work? I might have a job for you.

Dallas Green
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE YERM GEM!

:wow:

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

YERM

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

GEM

😂😂😂

I'm in a meeting, bored out my skull with my phone under the desk, reading this thread proper trying not to burst oot laughing at these. Properly tickled me.

Edited by Dallas Green

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Nut.  Um a PHC an ah demand muh humun rites tae hoy stuff aboot.   Flares,  50p bits,  fag liters,  grapefruit an that.   Budge oot.

Gorgie rools!

4 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

😂😂😂

I'm in a meeting, bored out my skull with my phone under the desk, reading this thread proper trying not to burst oot laughing at these. Properly tickled me.

I've assimilated it in to my common tongue now. I plan to use it a lot. Yerm gem.

Cruyff Turn
12 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Pic from short time ago today. Have edited as don't know the people although the pic is on twitter. Screenshot_20190807-141204_Twitter.thumb.jpg.82935059be4dc29b66b535faf9aa7329.jpg

It’s amazing how fast grass goes. It probably won’t even be noticeable on Saturday.

2 hours ago, stotty said:

People were doing it before the statement. I was a wee bit concerned when I first saw the photo (albeit I was sure we'd have taken expert advice) and then the club issued their statement and I'm no longer concerned.

That's fair enough, anyone would be right to be a bit concerned having seen the photo that was doing the rounds.

It's the people who are still wetting their pants after the club issued the statement that get my goat.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

It’s amazing how fast grass goes. It probably won’t even be noticeable on Saturday.

The amount of rain and sunshine we are getting just now, it'll be absolutely fine. Might need a couple of last minute checks to make sure the yerm gem is fully operational, but other than that, I'd say we will be good go.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

The amount of rain and sunshine we are getting just now, it'll be absolutely fine. Might need a couple of last minute checks to make sure the yerm gem is fully operational, but other than that, I'd say we will be good go.

😂 what’s this yerm gem. What have I missed? 

If its anything like my backgarden it’ll probably need cut before Saturday.

Dallas Green
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I've assimilated it in to my common tongue now. I plan to use it a lot. Yerm gem.

😂😂

troonmaroon
57 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Superb piece of edit work. Must have taken hours that. Fancy doing  some decorative pitch work? I might have a job for you.

Ha, give me a sec... 

47 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

😂 what’s this yerm gem. What have I missed? 

If its anything like my backgarden it’ll probably need cut before Saturday.

It’s a technical term in the industry. It’s concerned with hydroponics and irrigation. 

troonmaroon
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Definitely getting better.... 😉

20190807_152002.jpg