Hybrid Pitch

kila

1 hour ago, Morph said:

Not getting involved in this. 

Ive not been trolling at all on here, think you need to move on. 

No Idea if you have been or not as i’v not read thread but sure its off the back of the TH lads dropping you in it as they did suggest you were down there with your silly wee lamps and trolling under a diff name on here...

However back on topic if you do work in heat/sunlamps can i get a few for my house as its been pissing down all week 💁🏻‍♂️ 

And....more generally hows the pitch looking i saw a tweet where it looked a lot better colour wise

Edited by sadj

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phil D. Corners
4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Looks horrendous and anyone dressing it up any other way is delduded.

Can’t stress enough how much Budge has done for the club but there has been a few moments during her time that has made us a laughing stock. To have spent £1m on a new pitch to pointlessly agreed to hold an event one week before our first home game to put it in that state is up there with not ordering the seats when constructing a new stand

:lol:

The People's Chimp

Think the concert was well worth it, and I’m sure in future a few nights under the bright lights will attract more to Tynecastle! Think of the beverage sales etc pies etc will definitely be a way of the club making some money. 

Yeah the pitch isn’t quite perfect but it’ll be playable. 

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Looks shit, disappointing as the surface before that concert thing looked perfect, probably gone from one of the best pitches in the league to one of the worst. Shite.

FTH

6 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Looks horrendous and anyone dressing it up any other way is delduded.

Can’t stress enough how much Budge has done for the club but there has been a few moments during her time that has made us a laughing stock. To have spent £1m on a new pitch to pointlessly agreed to hold an event one week before our first home game to put it in that state is up there with not ordering the seats when constructing a new stand

Why does it look horrendous? Its discoloured but it’ll be fine. Its designed to allow these types of things and increase our revenue. 

By That state you mean discoloured as thats all thats wrong?

1 minute ago, The People's Chimp said:

Think the concert was well worth it, and I’m sure in future a few nights under the bright lights will attract more to Tynecastle! Think of the beverage sales etc pies etc will definitely be a way of the club making some money. 

Yeah the pitch isn’t quite perfect but it’ll be playable. 

Spot on

It might play perfectly and great if it does. 

Just a bummer after all the time, money and effort fans and the club have put into the stadium and the pitch that it will look pish. You always imagine the pitch being perfect on the first home game of the season. 

In short. It's probably great but will look shite, which is disappointing. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Crying ? We spent £1m and the club actually went public on a flare burning the grass (which is quite right).  But it’s ok to have this ?

thats more than grass discolouration. It’s bare and in no way the same as the opposite end of the pitch.

I was at the Etihad for the foo fighters and that wasn’t 7 days before their game.

close season for gigs. Not during.

ive never criticised the Budge regime once but I do for this decision. 

If the young team want to give us £100k additional income a year I’m happy with the odd flare 

Gorgie_Rules
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why does it look horrendous? Its discoloured but it’ll be fine. Its designed to allow these types of things and increase our revenue. 

Wait till you see the nick of it tomorrow. ‘Discoloured’ :lol: the surface is no where near what you’d expect of a £1m+ pitch. It has already been admitted to that the new pitch had impacted the playing budget and to be starting the season with a non-perfect pictch after spending that some of cash on it is an embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Wait till you see the nick of it tomorrow. ‘Discoloured’ :lol: the surface is no where near what you’d expect of a £1m+ pitch. It has already been admitted to that the new pitch had impacted the playing budget and to be starting the season with a non-perfect pictch after spending that some of cash on it is an embarrassment. 

And the events revert that impact on the playing budget. Is the pitch playable? Yes! Will it be fully recovered by our next home game? Yes!

We reportedly got 100k for the event, that could well have been the extra 500 quid a week that got us Damour for the next 4 years

14 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Embarrassment indeed! You are just making a complete and utter tit of yourself.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Moaning about the amount of money spent on the pitch but also moaning about recouping a large chunk of that money. 

tenor.gif

Edited by To Be Frank

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Apologies if you misunderstood my post. Can confirm I was aware the pitch was there last season. I recall Budges condemnation of flares ruining our expensive pitch. Evidently she didn’t want the young team having all the fun and was keen to do the damage herself. 

The flares damaged the synthetic fibres, what Mrs Budge agreed to didn't.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Discoloured ? Going by the photo there are patches with no grass at all probably just the plastic fibres 

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who ****in cares.  Happy new season at home everyone.  

Couldn’t you have posted that a while back? Then we could have closed the thread and got on with our lives.

4 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Wait till you see the nick of it tomorrow. ‘Discoloured’ :lol: the surface is no where near what you’d expect of a £1m+ pitch.

It will be back to being immaculate soon enough. As it is currently, it is still considerably better than what we were playing on a couple of years ago.

Portable Badger

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "If the pitch looks a little bit different [after hosting the Edinburgh Festival's opening concert] then so be it but for me it was making sure we weren't going to damage the pitch permanently and we still have enough sunshine, although you won't know it looking outside, to encourage the grass to turn green again. It'll play just as normal."

chuck berrys hairline

What a revelation on kickback. It's ok baldys your hair hasn't fell out its just discoloured 😂 people are too blind with loyalty. Pitch is a mess and it's Ann's fault. If there's no grass on the plastic parts is that not endangering players as studs could get caught? I'd also say the bounce and roll would be completely different at that side of the pitch as not much to do it on. 

30 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "If the pitch looks a little bit different [after hosting the Edinburgh Festival's opening concert] then so be it but for me it was making sure we weren't going to damage the pitch permanently and we still have enough sunshine, although you won't know it looking outside, to encourage the grass to turn green again. It'll play just as normal."

But, but, but  it’s  not all nice and pretty for today. 😭

9 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

What a revelation on kickback. It's ok baldys your hair hasn't fell out its just discoloured 😂 people are too blind with loyalty. Pitch is a mess and it's Ann's fault. If there's no grass on the plastic parts is that not endangering players as studs could get caught? I'd also say the bounce and roll would be completely different at that side of the pitch as not much to do it on. 

The Pleasance is the place for comedians

Let’s all discuss this after the game. Starting with the Trolls who won’t be there and can keep up they’re nonsense based on nonsense! 

I have my fingers crossed that it’s fine and am well behind generating income from the club. If it’s damaged, we learn from it and move on. If not, we look to repeat it and reap the rewards of the investment to strengthen the pitch to accommodate this earning. 

Alex Kintner
19 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Another belter. The hits just keep on coming.

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, Homme said:

It might play perfectly and great if it does. 

Just a bummer after all the time, money and effort fans and the club have put into the stadium and the pitch that it will look pish. You always imagine the pitch being perfect on the first home game of the season. 

In short. It's probably great but will look shite, which is disappointing. 

£200k income being rejected for how the grass looks is understandable. People are often quite fixed in their expectations of what the world looks like. Must be very stressful for some. 

The 2 players Levein is talking about signing certainly helped by that sort of additional income though. 

Just wait till we start having proper music concerts.  Hopefully one day I'll get to see Rammstein at tynecastle, big circle pit in the middle of the pitch :wub:

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

£200k income being rejected for how the grass looks is understandable. People are often quite fixed in their expectations of what the world looks like. Must be very stressful for some. 

The 2 players Levein is talking about signing certainly helped by that sort of additional income though. 

Given free, 100k, now 200k? 

How much income did the event actually generate for us and what is the likely profit from that?

Until we know that it's hard to judge whether it was worth it or not.

Say we made 20k off the 100k that folk are chucking about...I'd probably say it wasn't worth it.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, frodoker said:

I presume the bit that's struggling was under the covers longer than the rest of the ground because they were building the stage on that bit. Here's comparable photos.  Once again if youv'e not seen a War of 2 Halves go, its brilliant.https://www.awaroftwohalves.com/68492763_10156827514967917_341665441247767676403_10156810996552917_7590569266420

You'd think the way some have reacted to this that they had dug feckin trenches in the pitch to make The War of Two Halves productions more authentic !!

kingantti1874

Undeniably we have the biggest set of torn faced moaning  fans in the Scotland,  Austin was right - we are either world beaters or a total disaster, we have no perspective, on or off the pitch. And I’m not exempt from that on occasion but this one is taking the piss

no way would the club have done anything which would result in long term damage to that surface. I look forward to checking in on this thread in 3 weeks when the surface is back to playing (and looking) the best in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Jesus ****

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

:lol: 

10 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

As i previously said

JESUS ****!!! 🙈🙈🙈🙈

This place is lunatic central..... 

Haringshairband
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Undeniably we have the biggest set of torn faced moaning  fans in the Scotland,  Austin was right - we are either world beaters or a total disaster, we have no perspective, on or off the pitch. And I’m not exempt from that on occasion but this one is taking the piss

no way would the club have done anything which would result in long term damage to that surface. I look forward to checking in on this thread in 3 weeks when the surface is back to playing (and looking) the best in Scotland. 

Absolutely. Some of our support need to gain a sense of perspective but it is quite funny to read.

44 minutes ago, Taffin said:

How much income did the event actually generate for us and what is the likely profit from that?

Say we made 20k off the 100k that folk are chucking about...I'd probably say it wasn't worth it.

Pointless speculation a good question for the AGM in December  would be how much did we make from Festival opening concert? Maybe Banderson will ask her in part 2 of his exclusive interview for EEN (unless it's already been published).

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

True this . 

Sone of our support act like morons and it's never more prevalent than on here . 

Anybody with a modicum of common sense will know that the pitch will be back to its best within a month at most . 

Revenue streams outside of match day are essential for the club to grow quicker that's fact . 

If its 0-0 after 30 mins today the usual suspects will be on here berating the club regardless of how we are playing . 

Some  on here seem to have forgotten that the point of being a supporter is to support and hide unde the old Happy Clapper chat . 

Strange and sad stuff tbh . 

FarmerTweedy
18 hours ago, sassenach said:

I don't bother with all this "class" stuff, because we're all individuals.

I'll get the train to Edinburgh, get pished in Diggers, watch The Hearts and take my haggis supper onto the train home. With salt and sauce, naturally.

Other times I'll take the wife to a nice hotel in London, have a nice meal and go to the theatre. So am I working class or middle class?

The club made a decision to make Tynecastle available for a concert, which I hope everyone who attended enjoyed, regardless of perceived "class". The experts involved with the pitch assured the club that there wouldn't be a problem come match day, so why are so many losing their sh!t?

I'm not. 

@ramrod while kickback is a hotbed of negativity it pales into insignificance  when compared to other social media particularly the various Facebook pages. 

5 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

@ramrod while kickback is a hotbed of negativity it pales into insignificance  when compared to other social media particularly the various Facebook pages. 

Masses of folk that take offence at other folk being positive about our own club. Totally mental. Imagine folk having maroon tinted specs on, on a hearts forum. I doubt many other clubs have this amount of hysteria over little things.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

By the end of the day it will probably be about £900K we made from it! The Queen Ann Fanbois are desperate to spin this concert as a business masterclass. 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

By the end of the day it will probably be about £900K we made from it! The Queen Ann Fanbois are desperate to spin this concert as a business masterclass. 

:spoton:

10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Just to be clear, I'm not opposed to it or for it really. Until we know the financials of it it's impossible to tell really.

My gut instinct is that the pitch will be perfectly playable today and the rest of the season but that aesthetically it won't fully recover and unless there's a significant financial benefit to offset that then maybe it wasn't worth doing. Which is a shame as I absolutely loved the idea of the performance and us hosting it.

Club said they sought expert advice.

Club said expert advice said it was fine.

Club says the pitch is not damaged.

Club will look really ****ing daft if it plays like Blackpool beach.

Moon howlers will be documenting every bobble and deviation though,   so we'll be able to digest a full analysis.