Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

All Out Attack

My two bought. 

This does not mean it is a vindication of Levein in any way shape or form. This man and his negative mindset needs to go... ASAP. 

Pretty good figures to be fair. Perhaps down, but the sales could be interpreted in many ways. Plenty time yet to sell more. I suspect there will be a bit of a rush with those changing seat for a week or so, then settle into a slow drip. Predicting 13,000 which would be disappointing and bring an end to our upward attendance direction. 

The resilience of our support never fails to amaze me though. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ramrod, it's how many are sold by the start of the season that's key. I think they will sell more than us. That's all.

I don't , over and out 

frankblack
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ramrod, it's how many are sold by the start of the season that's key. I think they will sell more than us. That's all.

Have you ever posted something positive about Hearts on here?

Fxxx the SPFL
52 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:spoton:

Flappers will flap, moaners will moan. 

Real fans, where circumstances permit, will always renew, because it's in our blood. We are not some fad. We are the heart and soul of Edinburgh.

Note that I stated where circumstances permit. 

And to end. 

:fth:

Well said that man

10,000 of you have put a real spring in my step.

Well done to all of you.

36 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

And how about a win on Sunday too?!

That would help as well  I was thinking last home game v hibs it's a great way to send most folk away happy . That's all 

davemclaren
51 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Holidays Dave !

Isn't it one big holiday these days ? 

?

Beast Boy
11 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

My two bought. 

This does not mean it is a vindication of Levein in any way shape or form. This man and his negative mindset needs to go... ASAP. 

Pretty good figures to be fair. Perhaps down, but the sales could be interpreted in many ways. Plenty time yet to sell more. I suspect there will be a bit of a rush with those changing seat for a week or so, then settle into a slow drip. Predicting 13,000 which would be disappointing and bring an end to our upward attendance direction. 

The resilience of our support never fails to amaze me though. 

Could say the same about your negative mindset.

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Have you ever posted something positive about Hearts on here?

To answer your question with brevity....Yes.  Have you ever criticised anything Craig Levein has done as manager, setting aside his DOF mistakes?

johnking123

Our playing budget will still be bigger than last year. A lot of people's season tickets in the mainstand took a £70 rise. We get more tv money next season to. Looking forward to some good players coming in.

jambo1961
9 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Our playing budget will still be bigger than last year. A lot of people's season tickets in the mainstand took a £70 rise. We get more tv money next season to. Looking forward to some good players coming in.

This

21 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Truly abhorrent rises according to one of our more attack minded posters:laugh:

frankblack
34 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

To answer your question with brevity....Yes.  Have you ever criticised anything Craig Levein has done as manager, setting aside his DOF mistakes?

It seems to me you have been cheerleading for the vermin all season.  Even since the sales figures came out today you are still scraping the barrel looking for negatives.

Mr Sifter

Honestly, there should be a sub forum on Kickback titled 'Proof that Kickback knows **** all', and this could be it's inaugural thread. 

Kinda like The Classics, but with the aim of illustrating how the greetin faced doom mongers on here know the square root of hee haw about what goes on ??

Might be a daft question, but is the renewal process on hold just now for moving, or, can I go down tomorrow and renew my 3 tickets in the original seats (if still available)?

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Real fans go come what may thick and thin and are not always happy clapping. 

They realise a club like ours have ups and very often downs.

But they won't spit the dummy and get the toys out of the pram.

They will realise that the nature of football not paying makes their dreams that bit less likely. 

But most of all they have one of the greatest of human qualities. 

Loyalty. Not to mention a bit of courage to stand proud when shite gets spouted

Brilliant post. It might hurt a few folk that sales are stable but other than some very odd characters who get their jollies from dissing the club and employees we have a terrifically loyal fanbase who have seen us through he bad times and hopefully get to celebrate the good times we deserve very soon.

???????????????

And FTH

Pants Shaton

I’m Pro-Hearts, Pro-Levein and Anti-shite.

Isn’t 10,000 renewals a bit disappointing, so far, compared to last year’s total?

8 minutes ago, Loorimer said:

Might be a daft question, but is the renewal process on hold just now for moving, or, can I go down tomorrow and renew my 3 tickets in the original seats (if still available)?

Was in today moving my seats. There was a guy in front of me who had forgot to apply before the deadline. His seat was still available and they let him renew ok 

The Comedian

It's riveting reading everyone's individual reason's for renewing, all 10'000 of them.

Pro tip - Nobody gives a toss. Do it or don't, nobody care's.

:greggy:

9 minutes ago, jambog said:

Was in today moving my seats. There was a guy in front of me who had forgot to apply before the deadline. His seat was still available and they let him renew ok 

Nice one, cheers mate.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

It seems to me you have been cheerleading for the vermin all season.  Even since the sales figures came out today you are still scraping the barrel looking for negatives.

The JKB Kangaroo Court swings into action. Not guilty m"lud. 

As a fully grown adult, I can acknowledge when other teams, even local rivals, have a good season. "Vermin"??:jj_facepalm:

"

Footballfirst

With just over 10,000 sold there will be around 5,400 seats still available when the general sale starts next week. That figure may be higher depending whether or not hospitality STs are included.

With that sort of number still available and little time pressure on purchasing a seat, I don't think there will any significant and immediate take up of seats other than those in prime locations.

Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

With just over 10,000 sold there will be around 5,400 seats still available when the general sale starts next week. That figure may be higher depending whether or not hospitality STs are included.

With that sort of number still available and little time pressure on purchasing a seat, I don't think there will any significant and immediate take up of seats other than those in prime locations.

When someone from the club spoke to us in the queue this morning he said they had "reconfigured" hospitality in the main stand. 

So might be worth checking early next Thursday to see what is available. 

I do think there will be good sales early in general sale period. You have 'new' buyers and those who forgot / let deadline pass of whom I believe there is a good number.

I expect us to get to 13,000 comfortably though still around 1,000 down. 

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's probably not quite the same point, but I'm not sure hospitality passes are on sale yet. I can't see anything on the club website suggesting otherwise. 

42 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Isn’t 10,000 renewals a bit disappointing, so far, compared to last year’s total?

No I’d say its a pretty decent place to be as the tickets came out earlier. People will have budgeted for later in the year. Maybe one payday too early for some. So at presebt messures up quite well i think personally

52 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Probably is a bit disappointing 

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Probably is a bit disappointing 

Hardly the disaster predicted. 

A couple of signings in the Berra, KL, SN and we will be in the same ball park as last season. Big, big season ahead. Let's get right behind the team

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Everyone has their own perspective. It’s more than I thought we would have at this point but on a par with numbers at end of renewal period last year. The next trick is to encourage the remaining 3,750 to sign up now. 

DalryJambo
7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We've sold less over 6 weeks than we sold in half the time last year. There isn't such a thing as "real" fans. Fans are fans , some go more than others. Some are based abroad, are they not "real"fans?? If I pay at the gate but buy more pies than you, am I a better fan than you because I've spent more money??  No of course not. No disrespect but this "real"fan stuff is infantile nonsense. Anyway, imo we will not attract nearly as many newbies this season as last. The new stand was the big draw last year. The actual sales figures fall into line with the JKB poll, 75%/25% renew/don't renew. My main point is that we need to increase earnings from the new stand and with a 20k capacity, and 25% of our existing ST base not renewing, the club must be  and certainly should be concerned. There is no incentive for anyone wanting to renew not to have done so by now. Some may still do so and there may be some newbies but we can't realistically expect much more than 11k imo.

The season hasn’t even finished and there are 3 months until the next season starts. What if some people need to wait for financial reasons? Saying we are 25% down is nonsense.

We do need to increase sales but it wont ever happen in one year. This type of investment (new stand) is be part of a long term growth strategy as is all the work with academy.

I actually couldn’t give a s**** about a few bad results/seasons at the moment as I see the foundations being put in place for the long term.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Might be something or nothing but the season is  not yet over. Some may prefer to wait that aren't bothered about the seat.

Beast Boy
2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Honestly, there should be a sub forum on Kickback titled 'Proof that Kickback knows **** all', and this could be it's inaugural thread. 

Kinda like The Classics, but with the aim of illustrating how the greetin faced doom mongers on here know the square root of hee haw about what goes on ??

:greatpost:

Thankfully the majority of Kickbackers don’t post very often, but also have more common sense than the empty vessel ***** who do.

One thing that is being overlooked is encouraging young fans to Tynie by playing exciting football. These kids need hero's to become the next generation to follow Hearts. Ok you can have a family section but many young lads & lassies want they're own bit of the ground. 

Des Lynam
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

One thing that is being overlooked is encouraging young fans to Tynie by playing exciting football. These kids need hero's to become the next generation to follow Hearts. Ok you can have a family section but many young lads & lassies want they're own bit of the ground. 

Do you know the number of young lads and lassies that make up the season ticket fan base? 

And did you then do a comparable study with other clubs in the SPFL? 

20 minutes ago, Bez said:

:greatpost:

Thankfully the majority of Kickbackers don’t post very often, but also have more common sense than the empty vessel ***** who do.

Signs of self loathing it would appear 

Escobar PHM

3750 who had an ST this season haven’t yet renewed for next season. That’s a bad thing considering they will now have to pay more than they would have if they had beat the deadline. Anyone who thinks it’s other than bad is deluding themselves.

10,000 have renewed so far. That’s better than I thought and whatever the final total is, it’s not going to be a disaster. Disappointing and restrictive yes but not a disaster.

The big downside is that we are supposed to be growing ST holders dramatically as the cornerstone of growing the revenue dramatically. That ambition is clearly not going to be realised this financial year. It will take a very good season for that to start happening but it won’t be this year.

Get the signings right and start well and the walk ups might well make up the shortfall this season. We need to get the ST base up beyond 15k and the average attendance pushing 19k to really progress.

Edited by Escobar PHM

52 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Everyone has their own perspective. It’s more than I thought we would have at this point but on a par with numbers at end of renewal period last year. The next trick is to encourage the remaining 3,750 to sign up now. 

A couple of decent signings would help I think. :thumbsup:

You can only make a realistic comparison between this year and last by comparing figures at the same stage.

Its nonsense to compare this years Stage one figures with the final total from last year.

If the first stage figures are roughly the same as last year its reasonable to expect the remaining sales to follow the same trend.

its also worth remembering that 14000 STs include half season tickets issued at xmas so a true comparison would not be available until December .

5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I'm a cat b holder in the roseburn

I must have been one of the only few who had a season ticket in that section this season

there will be plenty I think

However the roseburn are housing the singing section this season, so I'd maybe get in ASAP

Thought they were going in the Gorgie?

Bazzas right boot

Great news and with a happy clapper like me still to renew it's looking good.

A good transfer window will encourage sales and hopefully nullify the bigger capacity and the ease of getting a ticket v previous years.

looks like the folk that don't renew won't be missed and will be easily replaced.

Great fans, for the most part!

10 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

3750 who had an ST this season haven’t yet renewed for next season. That’s a bad thing considering they will now have to pay more than they would have if they had beat the deadline. Anyone who thinks it’s other than bad is deluding themselves.

10,000 have renewed so far. That’s better than I thought and whatever the final total is, it’s not going to be a disaster. Disappointing and restrictive yes but not a disaster.

The big downside is that we are supposed to be growing ST holders dramatically as the cornerstone of growing the revenue dramatically. That ambition is clearly not going to be realised this financial year. It will take a very good season for that to start happening but it won’t be this year.

Get the signings right and start well and the walk ups might well make up the shortfall this season. We need to get the ST base up beyond 15k and the average attendance pushing 19k to really progress.

Proof that you are at it.

That would only be the case at ER.

There is no early bird discount at Tynecastle which actually makes the figure MORE impressive.

The only incentive to book early was so you could hang onto your same seat. There is no hurry if you are not bothered where .you sit

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Gutted to be proven wrong and now I need to eat my own shoes type post.

Fingers crossed the other 4k don't renew and prove you right, eh?

nb -what discount?

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Proof that you are at it.

That would only be the case at ER.

There is no early bird discount at Tynecastle which actually makes the figure MORE impressive.

The only incentive to book early was so you could hang onto your same seat. There is no hurry if you are not bothered where .you sit

Wasn’t aware of that to be honest. It means it won’t cost me more once I’ve made my decision

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Gutted to be proven wrong and now I need to eat my own shoes type post.

Fingers crossed the other 4k don't renew and prove you right, eh?

nb -what discount?

Proven wrong ? On what issue ?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Proven wrong ? On what issue ?

:leveinnaturalorder:

Notts1874

What a lot of shite rolled out by the usual vocal minority.

People renew for one reason and one reason only. They are Hearts supporters.

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

What a lot of shite rolled out by the usual vocal minority.

People renew for one reason and one reason only. They are Hearts supporters.

And those that don’t renew. What are their reasons ?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yeh very good but proven wrong on what issue ?

:notsure:

I'm still waiting for Escobar PHM to explain why people renewing late will be out of pocket.  Or was he thinking about another Edinburgh club ?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

And those that don’t renew. What are their reasons ?

family

jobs

health 

finance

glory hunters

cl haters

Take your pick or do a survey.