Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

soonbe110
54 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hearts fans were always going to buy season tickets....we love our club.

Over 3,000 existing season ticket holders still to convince though plus newbies.

Currently on track though. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Regardless of what you think is good or bad, 25% of season ticket holders haven't renewed and yes i know there is plenty of time left before the season starts but surely this has to be a worry. 

I hope Levein has a couple of big signings up his sleeve, anything less than last year sales would be a disaster given the extra costs. 

Why should it be a concern? Sales are basically unchanged from previous years at this stage and we are on track to get at least another 2k.  

Walks ups are traditionally 1-2k per game.

All indications are that attendances will basically be the same next year.

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Why should it be a concern? Sales are basically unchanged from previous years at this stage and we are on track to get at least another 2k.  

Serial moaners desperately trying to find a dismal slant to what is excellent news from the club, and failing miserably. 

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It was the same number as this stage last year. What’s the big deal? Doesn’t stack up with what you have been spouting? 

Real Hearts fans dont show their displeasure by not renewing. They find other ways. 

We've sold less over 6 weeks than we sold in half the time last year. There isn't such a thing as "real" fans. Fans are fans , some go more than others. Some are based abroad, are they not "real"fans?? If I pay at the gate but buy more pies than you, am I a better fan than you because I've spent more money??  No of course not. No disrespect but this "real"fan stuff is infantile nonsense. Anyway, imo we will not attract nearly as many newbies this season as last. The new stand was the big draw last year. The actual sales figures fall into line with the JKB poll, 75%/25% renew/don't renew. My main point is that we need to increase earnings from the new stand and with a 20k capacity, and 25% of our existing ST base not renewing, the club must be  and certainly should be concerned. There is no incentive for anyone wanting to renew not to have done so by now. Some may still do so and there may be some newbies but we can't realistically expect much more than 11k imo.

sairyinthat
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Unless of course we trap fast then they will be hanging from the lightbulbs.

28 minutes ago, Boab said:

With respect, Stuart....who cares ?

They can sell 15K STs for all I care.

In fact, is that a bad thing ?

To be honest I dont care, the only thing I care about is Hearts but the poster I quoted is claiming we won't sell more than 11,000 and that we should have sold more by now, hence my comparison with them and their supposed free flowing football.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Decent figures. Higher than I was worried they'd be. Well done to everyone who renewed. Incredible loyalty once again. It really is not that unthinkable that a couple of exciting signings will push that equal to or higher than last year. 

BobbyJenkins
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Hearts fans were always going to buy season tickets....we love our club.

Over 3,000 existing season ticket holders still to convince though plus newbies.

I've yet to buy as I'm off on holiday next week.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who isn't needing convinced.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nice spin on the figures. If we want to increase our ST base, we have to retain the existing base first and foremost. We are 4k short of that at the moment. Yes  there may be some that may decide to purchase a ST later but we will not benefit from the "new stand" effect that we had last year.  I would imagine that tge majority of renewals are from tge Wheatfield and Gorgie, those who want to keep seats they have had for years.  Anyone from the Platinum in the new stand would pay £50 more from today so there is no real incentive to wait, if you intend to renew. I think with a 6 week window to purchase, the vast majority of renewals are now in. We may pick up another 1k or so but without major managerial changes, I can't see us topping 11k. Last year we sold 10.5k in the first 3 weeks.

Not very nice spin on the figures. You're just inventing reasons to continue claiming season ticket sales will be dramatically lower than last season even though the only actual evidence shows that they're only very slightly down. Your desperation to paint a picture of doom, gloom and misery is remarkable! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We've sold less over 6 weeks than we sold in half the time last year. There isn't such a thing as "real" fans. Fans are fans , some go more than others. Some are based abroad, are they not "real"fans?? If I pay at the gate but buy more pies than you, am I a better fan than you because I've spent more money??  No of course not. No disrespect but this "real"fan stuff is infantile nonsense. Anyway, imo we will not attract nearly as many newbies this season as last. The new stand was the big draw last year. The actual sales figures fall into line with the JKB poll, 75%/25% renew/don't renew. My main point is that we need to increase earnings from the new stand and with a 20k capacity, and 25% of our existing ST base not renewing, the club must be  and certainly should be concerned. There is no incentive for anyone wanting to renew not to have done so by now. Some may still do so and there may be some newbies but we can't realistically expect much more than 11k imo.

Real fans go come what may thick and thin and are not always happy clapping. 

They realise a club like ours have ups and very often downs.

But they won't spit the dummy and get the toys out of the pram.

They will realise that the nature of football not paying makes their dreams that bit less likely. 

But most of all they have one of the greatest of human qualities. 

Loyalty. Not to mention a bit of courage to stand proud when shite gets spouted

18 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yet over 10,000 have renewed.

The folk that haven't renewed have another 3 months to do so.

I think you'll be disappointed come the 4th of August.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Got to say my service was ace. Had to wait a minute but today was always going to be busy with musical chairs.

FarmerTweedy
38 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Regardless of what you think is good or bad, 25% of season ticket holders haven't renewed and yes i know there is plenty of time left before the season starts but surely this has to be a worry.

I hope Levein has a couple of big signings up his sleeve, anything less than last year sales would be a disaster given the extra costs. 

Why?

Howdy Doody Jambo

Might a good idea if the club could bring out a 2 half season ticket option 

Aug to Dec then Jan to May 

Cheaper way to buy, to suit fans that might not have all the dough in April to pay upfront 

Would increase demand if the team was playing well come the turn of the year and boost funds to add to the squad in January 

FarmerTweedy
22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It doesn't matter how often you repeat that pish, your wish isn't going to be granted! 

buzzbomb1958
2 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Might a good idea if the club could bring out a 2 half season ticket option 

Aug to Dec then Jan to May 

Cheaper way to buy, to suit fans that might not have all the dough in April to pay upfront 

Would increase demand if the team was playing well come the turn of the year and boost funds to add to the squad in January 

Why don't just pick and choose your games this is a viable option 

amadjambo

Would really be a huge achievement to match or better last season’s total given the season we’ve had. But nothing would surprise me when it comes to Hearts fans. Let’s just hope we get the team on the Park we deserve next season.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

True  but with no discount or incentive to buy early unless you are emotionally attached to a particular seat why do so?

I'm emotionally attached to my seat. It's contained my arse since 1994 :thumbsup:

Did anyone actually save nay money last season buying one?  We played less Cat A than normal and 1 less home game.

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Got to say my service was ace. Had to wait a minute but today was always going to be busy with musical chairs.

giphy.gif

...a bit disco

Edited by ...a bit disco

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Did anyone actually save nay money last season buying one?  We played less Cat A than normal and 1 less home game.

You don't buy a season ticket to save money though do you?

You shouldn't be bothered anyway with all that dough you've got from cleaning the windaes.

Walter Bishop
4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Why?

Well we had 14000 season ticket holders, Nearly 4000 have chosen not to renew for some reason or another. 

So to get to same levels we have to shift another 4000 and then i`d imagine the hope we have been to add more given the extra capacity and costs for having the bigger stadium. 

Result against Hibs next week could be crucial in terms of the missing 4000. 

jambo1961

Some torn faced supporters on here its a wonder they can attend games with such misery in tow

Well done to all have renewed, excellent and still plenty of time to increase our ST sales which we will ofcourse

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Well we had 14000 season ticket holders, Nearly 4000 have chosen not to renew for some reason or another. 

So to get to same levels we have to shift another 4000 and then i`d imagine the hope we have been to add more given the extra capacity and costs for having the bigger stadium. 

I would like to think that a Derby in isolation would not be defining in terms of anyone renewing or otherwise. 

This season and last have been dreadful. But hope springs eternal and we go again

Not renewing is something that would never enter my thought process. Everyone is different and circumstances vary 

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

According to one of your doom and gloom mates, there was no incentive to renew early and yet over 10,000 have.

There's 3 months to go and we shifted another 4,000 or so after the renewal phase last year.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Chuffed to bits, as good as in Premium now without the price. Happy day, much more so than the shit one I experienced 32 years ago

:sob:

Was thinking about that day this morning and almost started a thread about it.

Thankfully i saw sense.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'm emotionally attached to my seat. It's contained my arse since 1994 :thumbsup:

Thank god something does. ?

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I miss the odd game during a season, due to holidats and other stuff, so never get full value for my season ticket. The days of buying one to save money on walk up prices are long gone. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I miss the odd game during a season, due to holidats and other stuff, so never get full value for my season ticket. The days of buying one to save money on walk up prices are long gone. 

Exactly the same. Missed three games this season due to illness and a family occaisions. Bought my season ticket for more years than I care to remember and would never ever consider not doing so. 

kingantti1874

We will get to about 13,000.. the new stadium bump and insipid performances will put off some who now know they can purchase a walk upnas required.  

I am really struggling with the thought of buying one I have to be honest.  I have peace of mind in that my FoH contribution is me doing ‘my bit’ but I just feel nothing towards this team.  We are regressing every year.  However, the summer break usually gives me a ridiculous and unfounded sense of optimism so we will see.

I find it incredible that some so called Hearts fans appear to be unhappy that season ticket sales have gone well. It makes no sense.

We should all be celebrating. 

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I find it incredible that some so called Hearts fans appear to be unhappy that season ticket sales have gone well. It makes no sense.

We should all be celebrating. 

Its good news all round.

Crucially it confirms the player budget and could make the difference to building a decent team 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am really struggling with the thought of buying one I have to be honest.  I have peace of mind in that my FoH contribution is me doing ‘my bit’ but I just feel nothing towards this team.  We are regressing every year.  However, the summer break usually gives me a ridiculous and unfounded sense of optimism so we will see.

Cutting through your depression and finding new optimism is what the human spirit is all about. Embrace it. 

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You hide it so well mate.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its good news all round.

Crucially it confirms the player budget and could make the difference to building a decent team 

Exactly... it’s almost as if some people have a personal grudge against CL and just hope he fails....just weird 

adambraejambo

Excellent news to log into. About the same as last season so will give the club some cash to make a signing or 2 that will excite the support thus getting more people to renew plus I dare say some new season ticket holders. I expect a slight increase from last year and if we get off to a good start and actually qualify from the group stages  of the cup  I expect Tynecastle to be almost full come 1st game of season no matter who we play. 

Famous 1874

Hopefully we can now begin to attract new season ticket holders who will buy theirs during general sale. A club as well supported as ours should be selling out Tynecastle most weeks. Need to increase advertising throughout the festival and in local communities. Atmosphere will hopefully be much better next season as well.

14 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

You hide it so well mate.

You know me CC, always a glass full kinda guy

:gok:

inspector

4 of us were being moved from Section X to allow the Gorgie Suite hospitality seating to expand. We were to be moved to Section P in the main stand for next season at gold prices. Next year the cost of those seats would be around £500 as opposed to £395. Got a 'phone call last night to say there was 4 seats together in Section Y for us if we wanted them. Took them as it will be harder next again season to get back to the Gorgie stand, probably after the incredible season we are bound to have.

bigdavemaddog

what is likely to be the availabilty for a catagory b ticket when general sale begins?

5 minutes ago, inspector said:

4 of us were being moved from Section X to allow the Gorgie Suite hospitality seating to expand. We were to be moved to Section P in the main stand for next season at gold prices. Next year the cost of those seats would be around £500 as opposed to £395. Got a 'phone call last night to say there was 4 seats together in Section Y for us if we wanted them. Took them as it will be harder next again season to get back to the Gorgie stand, probably after the incredible season we are bound to have.

:D

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I always miss some games in the season as I am a shift worker. I just give the ticket to mates if they fancy it (for free obviously).

So clearly no benefit of saving a couple of quid doesn't apply to me. In fact just moved from Gorgie to Main stand so season ticket price has went up. 

Fans buy them for convenience and for peace of mind - you know you have a seat for every home game and are guaranteed Cup Final tickets ;) 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Currently on track though. 

As I have said I think we won't be far away from last seasons total as Hearts fans love the club.

We should be looking to increase numbers though.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, jambo1961 said:

Some torn faced supporters on here its a wonder they can attend games with such misery in tow

Well done to all have renewed, excellent and still plenty of time to increase our ST sales which we will ofcourse

Cheers.:pleased:

Mikey1874
21 minutes ago, bigdavemaddog said:

what is likely to be the availabilty for a catagory b ticket when general sale begins?

Going by this season should be plenty availability