Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

nope, almost every pro cl poster on here has said he needs to get it right or he'll be gone and rightly so.

The difference is we are giving him a summer window to fix the issues and forge his team. We also think he will fix it.

quite simple really.

Apart from the the home games, the reality is thatThey are dead rubbers ( or free shots) or so some  would say before using said games as a beating stick after we lost.

Anyway.

circles.

Cl is staying. get begind him and the team or continue to whine. 

Your call ( and mental heath)

You haven't mentioned 'season tickets' in your post.  You'd better watch.

I wouldn't describe myself as 'pro-Levein'; I'm more 'indifferent-Levein'.  Agree with the rest of your post.

9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

nope, almost every pro cl poster on here has said he needs to get it right or he'll be gone and rightly so.

Its easy to say that now, but i'm fairly certain that if it comes to that point, the same roundabout of excuses will be wheeled out again.

'Aye, but we've shown promise in the first X number of games, we're getting there just not getting results'

'He built a new team in the summer, they need time to gel together'

'I'll give him till the January window to make it right'

'We're a team in transition, you cant expect it to happen overnight'

'We cant expect to win every game anyway'

etc etc etc

BobbyJenkins
35 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Correct, yet some are happy to think we are doing fine on the park just now, no need to voice any concern.

I doubt anyone said its fine on the park theyre just able to consider other factors. Concern is fine incessant whinging is just juvenile bollocks.

old school tie

We gave up our seats in section P. There will be plenty seats on offer if we fancy a game.

frankblack
1 minute ago, Erik said:

Its easy to say that now, but i'm fairly certain that if it comes to that point, the same roundabout of excuses will be wheeled out again.

'Aye, but we've shown promise in the first X number of games, we're getting there just not getting results'

'He built a new team in the summer, they need time to gel together'

'I'll give him till the January window to make it right'

'We're a team in transition, you cant expect it to happen overnight'

'We cant expect to win every game anyway'

etc etc etc

Nope - there are no excuses if the team is a mess after the first group of games.

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

3750 who had an ST this season haven’t yet renewed for next season. That’s a bad thing considering they will now have to pay more than they would have if they had beat the deadline. Anyone who thinks it’s other than bad is deluding themselves.

Why will they have to pay more?

Edit: I see you've now admitted you don't actually know anything about the season ticket renewal process at Hearts! Rather makes one wonder why you feel so qualified to comment on how it's going!

Why would them paying more necessarily be bad, even if they did have to?

Why is anyone who thinks that achieving almost the same level of renewals as last season, despite the deadline being five weeks earlier this year, isn't actually bad deluding themselves?

Edited by FarmerTweedy
Read on further to see poster I was replying to has since admitted being utterly clueless!

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Why has he not had a go in these dead rubbers then Tosh? The approach and display at Ibrox was deplorable.  Who on earth would go there and approach like that other than someone who has such emotionally scarring from trips to Glasgow for 35 years that he is completely subservient 

There is every much chance of gap to those above us increasing as there is in us bridging the gap 

Remember all the "mind the gap" stuff we through at them in Championship.....

The performances were shite. No arguments from me. 

You sometimes come across more concerned about the slagging from hibs than anything Hearts. 

Anyway, he's staying.

the best way to close the gap is get a st and support the team, imo.

Mars plastic
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Indeed from what I hear it feels like more  folk are walking away from jkb than are walking away from season tickets and it’s all because of the posse of continually negative posters that destroy any thread of real interest. It will be the death of this forum  unless something changes. 

What a load of melodramatic, self indulgent pish.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Nope - there are no excuses if the team is a mess after the first group of games.

yip and we need to sail through the lc group.

13 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

I doubt anyone said its fine on the park theyre just able to consider other factors. Concern is fine incessant whinging is just juvenile bollocks.

Has our away performances been poor?

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And they should be better next season. Stop greetin.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

BJ is happy with everything.  Thinks Levein can do no wrong 

Just now, frankblack said:

What is going to change? Will our manager stop shitting up his back away from home?

I suppose 1 shot on target at the Giro would be progress

frankblack
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

BJ is happy with everything.  Thinks Levein can do no wrong 

And you think Levein can do nothing right.  Just a pity for you the owners don't care what you think.

:clyay:

frankblack
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

What is going to change? Will our manager stop shitting up his back away from home?

I suppose 1 shot on target at the Giro would be progress

Some added width, pace, and strength in midfield should create far more opportunities than this season.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Should be and we all hope they are. It is going to be hard to be worse.

You are guessing and hoping (again we all hope) about what will happen in the future, whereas we are talking about the poor performances in the here and now.

The Treasurer
47 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'm just a realist.  To go down to their midden and fail to record a shot on target inn180 mins is frankly disgraceful.  Levein overseen that shit show. 

I loathe Lennon as much as anyone. But he is a winner and has instilled something in that lot that they have been devoid of for as long as I can remember.  20+ point gap is horrendous and some of our fans need to waken up to that reality. 

For Kilmarnock to have sacked their manager in October and now be 10 points above us is also abysmal. Lennon has gone to Ibrox twice and played in a manner that Levein is both unwilling and incapable of doing. They would have gone to Ibrox after Rangers lost semi and went for their throat. Levein went to frustrate which says everything

Some will say he doesn't have the players to justify his approach. He has overseen every player inward and outwards over the past 4 years so I can't accept that 

He could dish up exactly the same turgid shute next season and the usual suspects will defend him staunchly 

They are having a good season (by their own low standards) and suddenly Lennon is the new Jose.

I'm fully awake to the reality of what has happened this season. History shows that it happens from time to time. Were it to continue then I'd start to get concerned but not after one season when we have been particularly poor.

Captain Sausage
21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You are guessing and hoping (again we all hope) about what will happen in the future, whereas we are talking about the poor performances in the here and now.

With absolutely zero coherent forward planning. 

Where do do we go from here? Rip up the entire footballing department? Give it another season - if we haven’t drastically improved, I imagine the fans will vote for change. Given the fundamental changes that would follow Levein out the door, calls for his head are premature. 

Edited by houstonjambo

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

If they do do I think we’ll play far better than we did at Aberdeen or ibrox

Yes because it’s a home game, we play with confidence and energy. Away from home we retreat into a shell, because of a combination of tactics and attitude that are repeated even though they have barely worked all season.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

2nd is as good as 5th ?

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

John - we are a long way behind. The league table surely illustrates that? 

We are trying to improve our fortunes at a time when we generate less revenue than our peers. Trying to bridge the gap with Hibs for example when they could conceivably earn c. £800k more in prize money than us. Many are seemingly consoling themselves that all will be fine come the summer window. However is it not fair to say that teams above us have recruited more astutely than us in recent past and could well do so again 

We all want Hearts to do well. There is a real tendency to turn on those who express concern on here. Concern that is certainly not misplaced imo 

Tag teamed by hinge and bracket. I'm honoured ladies. Thank you.

Edited by John Findlay

BobbyJenkins
35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Exactly. Theyre acting like nothing is getting done for the new season therefore things wont change. Wilfully ignoring the fact we are doing and this season hasnt even finished yet lol.

BobbyJenkins
13 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

With absolutely zero coherent forward planning. 

Where do do we go from here? Rip up the entire footballing department? Give it another season - if we haven’t drastically improved, I imagine the fans will vote for change. Given the fundamental changes that would follow Levein out the door, calls for his head are premature. 

Correct. Give him a full chance, preseason and HIS signings then if he fails he goes. 

31 minutes ago, Gambo said:

In the here and now, we have/had injuries to Djoum, Adao, Mitchell, Godinho, Brandon. Skinny, Buaben, Currie, all of whom were unavailable for the recent Aberdeen game and only Godinho partly available v Rangers.  Now McDonald is out as well.

If you think this does not affect the team in terms of continuity, formation and consistency, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

With the upcoming suspension of Berra and M Smith it will be an interesting team we field against Killie.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

You missed the point entirely, but then if you are only looking for negatives and overlooking any mitigating circumstances that isn't surprising.

We were set back about 3 years with Cathro and we are trying to put those mistakes right.  That doesn't happen overnight, and the way the job situation worked out was unfortunate because if your favoured candidate pulls out at the last minute they you clearly have to go back to the drawing board.  It was either that or appoint Billy Davies, Pressley or Owen Coyle.  Imagine the seethe on here if Pressley had got the job...

The signings made by CL this season have on the whole improved the squad.  We needed a lot more but the window was shut.

Not looking for negatives, its just evident that there is one common cause of our set backs.

Set back by Cathro - Levein's appointment

Candidates pulling out due to not wishing to work with a DOF and back to the drawing board - Levein.

Levein's signings haven't exactly set the heater alight either in my opinion. Vital areas haven't been addressed.

Anyways, pointless continuing going over the same ground, this is CL's last chance and he knows it, lets hope he gets it right.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

For those of you who KNOW we are going to be brilliant or shite next season. Please can I have tomorrows lotto numbers or less challenging the correct scores for our final 3 games, I could use a financial boost.

Cheers, your chum, Sir Gio

frankblack
11 minutes ago, Mort said:

Not looking for negatives, its just evident that there is one common cause of our set backs.

Candidates pulling out due to not wishing to work with a DOF and back to the drawing board - Levein.

Levein's signings haven't exactly set the heater alight either in my opinion. Vital areas haven't been addressed.

Anyways, pointless continuing going over the same ground, this is CL's last chance and he knows it, lets hope he gets it right.

Have you seen a doctor about your paranoia?

The Cathro appointment was a mistake, and it was admitted.  I think your comment about candidates pulling out of the manager's job because of CL are bollocks and something you overhead someone make up in the pub.

Levein's signings have on the whole been good this season - we just needed more.

gorgie rd eh11
14 minutes ago, Mort said:

Who were the candidates who pulled out?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Billy Davies :rofl:

Not know, he has had a cracking season

21 minutes ago, Mort said:

Set back by Cathro - Levein's appointment - Agreed but by the same token what about the Championship romp with Hibs & Rangers present - Robbie - Levein's appointment. 

Candidates pulling out due to not wishing to work with a DOF and back to the drawing board - Levein. - Name them

Levein's signings haven't exactly set the heater alight either in my opinion. Vital areas haven't been addressed. - Naismith, Adao and Mitchell improved us no doubt. A whole summer for new signings to improve what needs improving. Didn't help losing Mitchell or Adao but that's been our luck with injuries this season.

Edited by Rudolf

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

In the here and now, we have/had injuries to Djoum, Adao, Mitchell, Godinho, Brandon. Skinny, Buaben, Currie, all of whom were unavailable for the recent Aberdeen game and only Godinho partly available v Rangers.  Now McDonald is out as well.

If you think this does not affect the team in terms of continuity, formation and consistency, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

With the upcoming suspension of Berra and M Smith it will be an interesting team we field against Killie.

We were poor away from home when most of these players were available.

If you think that is the reason we are poor away from home then say hello to the cuckoos for me.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Lmao. From one of the biggest drama queen's on here. Plastic in more than name only.

4 hours ago, Spencer said:

I fail to see how any self respecting Hearts fan could disagree with this 

I find it astonishing the amount of people that post on here that simply cannot watch Heart Of Midlothian on a weekly basis.

Yes some good signings but things like pulling out of the MacLaren deal and getting Naismith was great on paper, we ended up with a half fit player who hadn't played much and MacLaren goes on to score a few for Hibs.

Unbeaten at home? Great to be fair. Still, some poor results amongst that. Played 12, won 6, drawn 6 which is a decent record but the only 2 notable results have been beating Aberdeen and Celtic. I would certainly expect to beat the likes of Partick, Hamilton and Ross County at home next season.

Lets not get started on the away form, 3 goals in 6 away games and 4 away wins all season. Dire stuff and unbelievably predictable in terms of how we will approach away games.

How do we improve going forward to ensure that we aren't in the same place next season with nothing to play for? Certainly not signing ICT and ST.J players IMO.

We need a GK, CB, LB, 2/3 CM'S, Wingers and at least 1 more striker and that's without counting any further outgoings. Where does the constant squad turnover end?

Frustrating doesn't even cover it.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If you think that is the reason we are poor away from home then say hello to the cuckoos for me.

If you exclude the Championship, we've been poor away from home since 2006.

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The key word there is the one in bold!

You do realise that "I would imagine" and "imagine" represent different grammatical parts of speech don't you Farmer? 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Elvis . Probably better working where he is now though.

Notts1874

It takes some dedication to spend all your waking hours slagging off Hearts on a Hearts forum.

I salute you guys and at the same time question your life choices ?

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Tag teamed by hinge and bracket. I'm honoured ladies. Thank you.

That's one for the kids!! :laugh:

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Actually I think he has a valid point. There are a lot of long time posters now absent from this forum. The negativity on here nowadays is soul destroying and there are a few posters who only pitch up when things are going badly (after a loss or something) but are nowhere to be seen after victories or positive news. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Billy Davies :rofl:

Not know, he has had a cracking season

Aye Tommy Sheridan was particularly upset! 

Notts1874
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually I think he has a valid point. There are a lot of long time posters now absent from this forum. The negativity on here nowadays is soul destroying and there are a few posters who only pitch up when things are going badly (after a loss or something) but are nowhere to be seen after victories or positive news. 

This is a very good summation of what this place is like.

There is an element on here that are hell bent on dragging Hearts down at any opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe it's just a bit of realism from people nowadays instead of viewing things through maroon tinted glasses? 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Shedro said:

Maybe it's just a bit of realism from people nowadays instead of viewing things through maroon tinted glasses? 

Thanks for supplying the bold pen to underline my point. 

Notts1874
2 minutes ago, Shedro said:

Why shouldn't we view things through maroon tinted glasses?

We are Hearts supporters aren't we?

Very strange comment.

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

If you exclude the Championship, we've been poor away from home since 2006.

And?

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Thanks for supplying the bold pen to underline my point. 

So people are just meant to be content with the performances and constantly post about Hibs to fit in to your vision of what Kickback should be then aye?.. OH DEAR 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Shedro said:

So people are just meant to be content with the performances and constantly post about Hibs to fit in to your vision of what Kickback should be then aye?.. OH DEAR 

Not what I'm saying but you bash on sunshine.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Why shouldn't we view things through maroon tinted glasses?

We are Hearts supporters aren't we?

Very strange comment.

I should've put Rose tinted glasses, thank you for correctly pointing that out. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I didn't say that was THE reason.  We have not had a good away record for some time.

What I am saying is that having all these players injured at the same must have a serious effect on results and that won't be helped at Killie without Berra and M Smith.

Notts1874
2 minutes ago, Shedro said:

I should've put Rose tinted glasses, thank you for correctly pointing that out. 

The rest of your points are still shite though.