Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

jamtartan74
12 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I always miss some games in the season as I am a shift worker. I just give the ticket to mates if they fancy it (for free obviously).

So clearly no benefit of saving a couple of quid doesn't apply to me. In fact just moved from Gorgie to Main stand so season ticket price has went up. 

Fans buy them for convenience and for peace of mind - you know you have a seat for every home game and are guaranteed Cup Final tickets ;) 

I’m the same, I missed 5 games this season, Ross county, Dundee, Celtic, Hibs, and Partick Thistle, partly down to sciatica and because of Work, I try get holidays if I can but not always possible, probably would have been cheaper being a walk up but like to have the season ticket to save any messing about buying them individually, and in any case if I can’t go then my seat is always taken by a family member. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

You are clutching at straws.... . The vast majority of fans continue to support CL as the manager and

One person clutching at straws as a quick read of this thread would show.

Many are renewing because of their love of the club and nothing to do with Levein. Levein has made many think long and hard before renewing.

I don't think anyone has renewed based solely on the football on show.

Edited by Gambo

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

One person clutching at straws as 

What happens when there's no straws?

The Internet

Phew. With the way the chat on here was going I thought it would just be me on my lonesome inside tynie next season.

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nice spin on the figures. If we want to increase our ST base, we have to retain the existing base first and foremost. We are 4k short of that at the moment. Yes  there may be some that may decide to purchase a ST later but we will not benefit from the "new stand" effect that we had last year.  I would imagine that tge majority of renewals are from tge Wheatfield and Gorgie, those who want to keep seats they have had for years.  Anyone from the Platinum in the new stand would pay £50 more from today so there is no real incentive to wait, if you intend to renew. I think with a 6 week window to purchase, the vast majority of renewals are now in. We may pick up another 1k or so but without major managerial changes, I can't see us topping 11k. Last year we sold 10.5k in the first 3 weeks.

The vermin put their season tickets up for sale in February and only passed 10,000 a couple of weeks ago. I wonder how many they will sell. Be interesting to watch that one. 

24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Many are renewing because of their love of the club and nothing to do with Levein. Levein has made many think long and hard before renewing.

Funnily enough I renewed on the back of the 4 zip Sellik mauling. 

Doing the Poznan while  hammering that manky mob justified my season ticket expenses alone tbh . 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

The vermin put their season tickets up for sale in February and only passed 10,000 a couple of weeks ago. I wonder how many they will sell. Be interesting to watch that one. 

A derby defeat will harm either side, suck is the fickle nature of some football fans. I renewed , more reluctantly than usual, and tried to move today but was too late (should’ve got up earlier). 

We need two decent performances and to stay unbeaten to sell more STs and make money to invest in the squad.

iwasthere1954
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

A derby defeat will harm either side, suck is the fickle nature of some football fans. I renewed , more reluctantly than usual, and tried to move today but was too late (should’ve got up earlier). 

We need two decent performances and to stay unbeaten to sell more STs and make money to invest in the squad.

Hopefully we can shift a few more( two or three thousand would be good). Maybe we have a good signing lined up 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree, but with Irving, McDonald, Djoum, ?Milinkovic, ?Adao  Godhino, Brandon, Mitchell all carrying injuries or out we have very little left in midfield or full back.

Folk thinking they don't need a ST because of extra capacity are forgetting that OF and Hibs are now getting the whole of the Roseburn Stand. 

If you factor in the large amount of seats set aside for hospitality then there is not that many seats available for public sale for big matches.

Better to be safe and get a :biggrin: ST

Clerry Jambo

I wouldn’t think people will decide to renew or not based on the games left surely. Win or lose we will have a different side next season.

Edited by Clerry Jambo

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We've sold less over 6 weeks than we sold in half the time last year. There isn't such a thing as "real" fans. Fans are fans , some go more than others. Some are based abroad, are they not "real"fans?? If I pay at the gate but buy more pies than you, am I a better fan than you because I've spent more money??  No of course not. No disrespect but this "real"fan stuff is infantile nonsense. Anyway, imo we will not attract nearly as many newbies this season as last. The new stand was the big draw last year. The actual sales figures fall into line with the JKB poll, 75%/25% renew/don't renew. My main point is that we need to increase earnings from the new stand and with a 20k capacity, and 25% of our existing ST base not renewing, the club must be  and certainly should be concerned. There is no incentive for anyone wanting to renew not to have done so by now. Some may still do so and there may be some newbies but we can't realistically expect much more than 11k imo.

Rubbish. If there had only been a one week renewal period this year we would have sold over 10,000 in a  week. What would you have said then? 25% have not failed to renew. So what. At this stage  last year we had sold roughly 72% of the final season ticket tally. We are on track with last year in terms of tickets sold at end of phase 1. In fact, if I was to be stupid I could say that we have sold many thousands more season  tickets as of 3 May than we did last year. But that would just be playing with numbers and dates, which you are doing. Why can’t you just come out and say you are pleasantly surprised how many have renewed, many more than you expected, and isn’t it great for the club to have such loyal fans? You would get a lot more respect on here if you did. 

Read my post again please, all I said about ‘real’ fans is that not renewing season tickets is something that they just don’t think about in terms of displaying their displeasure. Lots of other ways of doing that. Everyone knows that st renewal income is  the lifeblood of the club. Cut that off and we are in trouble again. That’s why I made the comment that Hearts fans who can see the bigger picture renew every year, year after year. It’s what we do. Nothing to do with buying pies. 

43 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I agree with you that the majority of fans renewed to support the club. We always do.

As we all know a small number of active posters have implied that having CL as our manager would stop thousands from renewing season tickets.  It hasn’t and going forward whoever is sitting in our dugout will not put people off supporting our club.

Hearts will soon be our club....and I can’t see fans turning their back on the club.

If we have a problem it will be sorted.

Edited by McCrae

Beast Boy
On 01/05/2018 at 10:16, Shedro said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but meant to be just under 7000 season tickets sold by the end of business on Friday 

Selling an approx 500 a day since then has been an excellent effort, eh? :lol:

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Well we had 14000 season ticket holders, Nearly 4000 have chosen not to renew for some reason or another. 

So to get to same levels we have to shift another 4000 and then i`d imagine the hope we have been to add more given the extra capacity and costs for having the bigger stadium. 

Result against Hibs next week could be crucial in terms of the missing 4000. 

Chosen not to renew yet. Doesnt  mean they have decided not to. Still three months until first league game and other than holding on  to same seat no incentive to have renewed already. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Crucially it confirms the player budget and could make the difference to building a decent team 

Good post and one that highlights a fairly obvious point most seem to miss when trotting out ‘need some marquee signings to boost sales’. Ticket sales fund marquee signings, post Vlad we can’t reasonably expect to withhold ticket monies awaiting the capture of top names.

We’ve a proud history of backing our club through thick and thin well done to all those looking beyond the recent run of disappointing form. 

Reading some of the comments on here I am reminded of a pathetic, fairweather, glory hunting Celtic fan I used to know who, in all seriousness once moaned ‘How can Celtic ask fans to commit to a season ticket for next season before we know if we’ve won the league this year”.

19 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Funnily enough I renewed on the back of the 4 zip Sellik mauling. 

Doing the Poznan while  hammering that manky mob justified my season ticket expenses alone tbh . 

I would have paid my season ticket money just for that game alone!

Decent numbers to start with hopefully a win on Wednesday a few decent signings and we might get close to the numbers we had last year

Enzo Chiefo
34 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Not that interesting tbh but I didn't mention  Hibs.  Now you're on the subject though, they've witnessed some good results down there and as they're challenging where we should be, I would imagine they will shift more than us...for the first time in my 41 years watching Hearts I may add. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, bigdavemaddog said:

what is likely to be the availabilty for a catagory b ticket when general sale begins?

I'm a cat b holder in the roseburn

I must have been one of the only few who had a season ticket in that section this season

there will be plenty I think

However the roseburn are housing the singing section this season, so I'd maybe get in ASAP

20 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I agree, but with Irving, McDonald, Djoum, ?Milinkovic, ?Adao  Godhino, Brandon, Mitchell all carrying injuries or out we have very little left in midfield or full back.

Hoping Mitchell will be fit

Beast Boy
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not that interesting tbh but I didn't mention  Hibs.  Now you're on the subject though, they've witnessed some good results down there and as they're challenging where we should be, I would imagine they will shift more than us...for the first time in my 41 years watching Hearts I may add. 

Well it’s not exactly looking that way at the moment, now is it? 

jimbojambo

I went up at around 9.15 this morning and waited 90 minutes in the cold but got better seats so worth it and a big thank you to Gary Locke for giving us tea and coffee - a lovely touch from the club that some so called fans want to slag off at every chance. Two people serving and one taking phone calls. Overheard a chat that only 6000 were sold at the start of the week so a brilliant last minute rush by fans who when it comes down to it know that they must be there to see the team. Well done everyone

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rubbish. If there had only been a one week renewal period this year we would have sold over 10,000 in a  week. What would you have said then? 25% have not failed to renew. So what. At this stage  last year we had sold roughly 72% of the final season ticket tally. We are on track with last year in terms of tickets sold at end of phase 1. In fact, if I was to be stupid I could say that we have sold many thousands more season  tickets as of 3 May than we did last year. But that would just be playing with numbers and dates, which you are doing. Why can’t you just come out and say you are pleasantly surprised how many have renewed, many more than you expected, and isn’t it great for the club to have such loyal fans? You would get a lot more respect on here if you did. 

Read my post again please, all I said about ‘real’ fans is that not renewing season tickets is something that they just don’t think about in terms of displaying their displeasure. Lots of other ways of doing that. Everyone knows that st renewal income is  the lifeblood of the club. Cut that off and we are in trouble again. That’s why I made the comment that Hearts fans who can see the bigger picture renew every year, year after year. It’s what we do. Nothing to do with buying pies. 

I've already said I'm pleasantly surprised with the numbers sold. It probably does represent the hard core who will renew under any circumstance. Its great the hard core is up to 10k , which was a great number even as recently as 2005 when Phil Anderton was here. My point is that to push on and progress the club should acknowledge that 4k fans are unhappy with the footballing structure, management and performances. Whatever is swept under the carpet here, rest assured that the club will be able to decipher the numbers better than most on here. The fan base is divided and, Yes, the show of loyalty is great but the footballing dept is not in a great place right now.

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Bez said:

Well it’s not exactly looking that way at the moment, now is it? 

I don't know is it. The 2 sales processes are completely different. We were about 1k ahead last year. I'm basing my prediction on the respective products on the park.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Beast Boy
2 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I went up at around 9.15 this morning and waited 90 minutes in the cold but got better seats so worth it and a big thank you to Gary Locke for giving us tea and coffee - a lovely touch from the club that some so called fans want to slag off at every chance. Two people serving and one taking phone calls. Overheard a chat that only 6000 were sold at the start of the week so a brilliant last minute rush by fans who when it comes down to it know that they must be there to see the team. Well done everyone

That can’t be right... @Shedro said the boy in the TO told him we’d sold 7000 last Friday. Am I understanding this timeline correctly?

Last Friday we had sold 7k season tickets

Over that subsequent weekend 1k people handed their tickets back.

Monday we were down to 6k.

Since then we’ve sold another 4k.

All seems legit.

Beast Boy
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't know is it. The 2 sales processes are completely different. We are about 1k ahead this year. I'm basing my prediction on the respective products on the park.

I think using that basis for prediction has been shown up to be a bit of a fool’s errand tbh. We have a bigger fanbase for one thing, and we have more loyal supporters.

Lepidoptera.

Hopefully a couple of big signings get us back to last seasons numbers. Keeping Milinkovic and Naisy will help, too.

scott herbertson
18 minutes ago, kila said:

Hoping Mitchell will be fit

Fingers crossed - we’ve missed him really badly last couple of games, especially in the attacking threat he poses

14 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I joined the queue about an hour after you did and more than an hour later managed to secure better seats too so was worth the wait. So much for thousands of non renewals from the doom and gloom merchants, just goes to show, don't believe all you read on JKB.

Tokyo Drifter
23 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Decent numbers to start with hopefully a win on Wednesday a few decent signings and we might get close to the numbers we had last year

And how about a win on Sunday too?!

jimbojambo
12 minutes ago, Bez said:

That can’t be right... @Shedro said the boy in the TO told him we’d sold 7000 last Friday. Am I understanding this timeline correctly?

All seems legit.

Fair enough as I say I did overhear but either way 3 to 4000 is a brilliant effort either way

12 minutes ago, Bez said:

I think using that basis for prediction has been shown up to be a bit of a fool’s errand tbh. We have a bigger fanbase for one thing, and we have more loyal supporters.

Hibs are hammering ST sales as hard as they can. Hibs supporting mate who is not a ST holder has been getting bombarded with emails for a few weeks now trying to get him to buy one. Good marketing?? 

Edited by 1953
spelling error

jimbojambo
1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Hibs are hammering ST sales as hard as they can. Hibs supporting mate who is not a ST holder has been getting bombarded with emails for a few weeks now trying to get him to buy one. Good marketing?? 

Hibby at work aged 40 has a OAP ticket and my mate also in his 40s has a student ticket. I think they grab the money and ask no questions but who really cares, it's their club that they cheat

bigdavemaddog

I might wait until fixtures are out before deciding whether to buy one to see how many games imn likely to miss due to midweek/tv

jambo1961

I aint got my 2 yet  and my Bro aint renewed but we will ... just saying likes

Edited by jambo1961

jambo1961
3 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Hibby at work aged 40 has a OAP ticket and my mate also in his 40s has a student ticket. I think they grab the money and ask no questions but who really cares, it's their club that they cheat

Two guys in my  work get disability Hobo tickets , nout the matter with them at all, seemed quite pleased with themselves

Edited by jambo1961

1874robbo

What do you think figure wise we have budgeted on selling?

i would hazard a guess that we’ve allowed for a little drop off in numbers but probably still budgeting on possibly 13,000 sales mark?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

They have been good at this for the last four years, using the cup runs, promotions and now a league run, plus “Early bird” deals to maximise ST sign up early.

Paradoxically this may not be as admirable as it sounds for two reasons.

Firstly their renewal date  seems to be getting earlier and earlier to start, which indicates a level of desperation for the money and is pretty risky - if they have a bad year what will their February and March renewals look like, and will they be depending on the money for cash flow?

Secondly while its great to have more season ticket holders, in a good league year like Hibs have been having, the. 8,000 STs with 8,000 walk ups gives far more revenue than 13000 STs and 3000 walk ups, especially if the STs include a lot of  ‘early bird’ discounts and £25 kids tickets.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

i would hazard a guess that we’ve allowed for a little drop off in numbers but probably still budgeting on possibly 13,000 sales mark?

I think with the way Ann has talked in the past about budgets etc we may even budget for lower than 13,000 and anything higher is a bonus. 

Complete guess work on my part though, she might be expecting similar to last season. 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Sensible accounting would be to assume 11 or 12 thousand. Just like sensible accounting only assumes first round of cups. Otherwise you are risking debt, which we simply cant afford.

25 minutes ago, Bez said:

All seems legit.

Earlier sales and payday not coming til last friday i think 10k is a damn good renewal take up. 

Add in walk ups are now easier and I reckon we will be slightly down on last year but still at a good level. 

Beast Boy
Just now, sadj said:

Earlier sales and payday not coming til last friday i think 10k is a damn good renewal take up. 

Add in walk ups are now easier and I reckon we will be slightly down on last year but still at a good level. 

I think so too. I also suspect some folk are just making shite up as well. 

Just now, Bez said:

I think so too. I also suspect some folk are just making shite up as well. 

?? on here na never happens its all gospel

Beast Boy
16 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Fair enough as I say I did overhear but either way 3 to 4000 is a brilliant effort either way

Agreed. ?

Jamboelite

Are those that want to argue that we are 4000 less ST holders just ignoring that some people dont buy straight away in the renewal period you know like every other year.

Any shit to have a moan.

Beast Boy
19 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Probably, but they are close to saturation point. They just don’t have the fanbase. Now imagine we’d just come off the back of a great season...

Edited by Bez

soonbe110
28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I've already said I'm pleasantly surprised with the numbers sold. It probably does represent the hard core who will renew under any circumstance. Its great the hard core is up to 10k , which was a great number even as recently as 2005 when Phil Anderton was here. My point is that to push on and progress the club should acknowledge that 4k fans are unhappy with the footballing structure, management and performances. Whatever is swept under the carpet here, rest assured that the club will be able to decipher the numbers better than most on here. The fan base is divided and, Yes, the show of loyalty is great but the footballing dept is not in a great place right now.

You are just making it up again. How many of the 4,000 have you spoken  to? How do you know the 4,000 have not renewed, yet, because they  are unhappy with the footballing  structure, management and performances. 

Whilst im not a fan of opinion polls the poll re season  tickets on another thread suggests that 86% are planning to renew. That would see us start the season at about 12,500 which I can see being the case although I suspect it will be higher. However the numbers to date give the poll some credence. The poll also suggests just under 8% are not renewing for the reasons you suggest. That’s about 1,100 or so. A long way from your fictitious 4,000 unhappy punters. 

Why, when you profess to be such a big Hearts fan for such a long time, do you repeatedly make up stories, numbers etc to basically denigrate the Club you purport to support? Very strange behaviour for a supposed Hearts fan. 

42 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Or , they are having a stella season , their season ticket package includes an early bird incentive and they have been on sale for longer than ours but still we have matches their numbers on the back of our largely disappointing season . 

Deoends what your agenda is I suppose . 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Or , they are having a stella season , their season ticket package includes an early bird incentive and they have been on sale for longer than ours but still we have matches their numbers on the back of our largely disappointing season . 

Deoends what your agenda is I suppose . 

Ramrod, it's how many are sold by the start of the season that's key. I think they will sell more than us. That's all.