Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

The Majority haven't bought a season ticket. We had 14000 season ticket holders. However you want to paint this rosy picture through your maroon tinted glasses we have 4000 fans that haven’t renewed before the deadline. Probably all very good reasons. We have 5 that sit together and have done so for the past 25 years. None renewed but all still contribute to FOH. That is a given. The likely hood of recouping the 4000 from ‘new’ season ticket holders is slim. The standard of football served this season and last couple have been dreadful. I don’t like the current set up with Levein and his band of coaches. Makes him untouchable and quite frankly I can’t stand the arrogance of the man. I’m delighted that so many have bought again, I personally thought it would be around 8000 but I’m out for the foreseeable. 

The majority have bought a season ticket. 14k will be achieved, in fact I expect more. Cheerio, hope you find something more attuned to your sense of entitlement on Saturday afternoons.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

frankblack
Just now, Oliver Twist said:

The majority have bought a season ticket. 14k will be achieved, in fact I expect more. Cheerio, hope you find something more attuned to your sense of entitlement on Saturday afternoons.

That seems to be the problem with those throwing their toys out of the pram - a false sense of entitlement that we didn't have prior to 98.

Some people don't get that a lot has changed since then and we have to live within our budgets.  The team isn't great but I've seen a lot worse and I recall going to games in the 90s and we used to have a gallows humour on the buses as we struggled badly some seasons.

21 minutes ago, Markymark said:

You don’t speak for the majority. Hearts fans will continue to support their club regardless of manager. Me, I detest Craig Levein and his approach to football and he’s removed the passion for following Hearts for me. 

And what about all the other crap managers we have had over the years, apart from the odd season in the league, the dominance of Hibs and the three cup wins in the last twenty years it has been a case of much the same each season in the last 55 years I have followed Hearts. I like to think that we have the people in place over the next few years to put our club into a position where we will start to challenge in all competitions another few years does not bother me.    

BobbyJenkins
34 minutes ago, Spencer said:

He is doing an excellent job at first team level 

Haha you're beyond parody man :). Stinker thinker eurgh.

27 minutes ago, Bez said:

Someone mentions the “bigger picture”, Spencer shoots right in there and immediately narrows the field. :lol:

Were you starved of attention as a child Mothy? 

Dearie me 

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

Haha you're beyond parody man :). Stinker thinker eurgh.

You can't win on here can you. I have said that he is doing a fantastic job and that is still not enough 

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Were you starved of attention as a child Mothy? 

Dearie me 

You seem starved of attention now.

Beast Boy
24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hoping Hibs win the Derby is the worst statement 

An absolute shitemare of a proclamation. 

14 minutes ago, Markymark said:

The Majority haven't bought a season ticket. We had 14000 season ticket holders. However you want to paint this rosy picture through your maroon tinted glasses we have 4000 fans that haven’t renewed before the deadline. Probably all very good reasons. We have 5 that sit together and have done so for the past 25 years. None renewed but all still contribute to FOH. That is a given. The likely hood of recouping the 4000 from ‘new’ season ticket holders is slim. The standard of football served this season and last couple have been dreadful. I don’t like the current set up with Levein and his band of coaches. Makes him untouchable and quite frankly I can’t stand the arrogance of the man. I’m delighted that so many have bought again, I personally thought it would be around 8000 but I’m out for the foreseeable. 

Did these 14000 ST holders all purchase their tickets in the first phase last season ?

You people that are banging on about 4000 missing ST holders are going to look rather silly when most if not all current ST holders renew between next week and the start of the League season.

The trends from previous seasons are against you.

Time to look out some new negatives ?

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It seems to me that a season ticket for the piggery rather than Tynecastle would be more to your liking as you have been rimming them up all season, while putting down Hearts at every opportunity.

Your predictions have been so hilariously wide of the mark, you remind me of Comical Ali:

comical.jpg

I predicted our STs would be down and they quite clearly will be. I predicted that the comical series of events that culminated in Annie pushing the bearded one back into the dug out would see us stagnate and it has proved that way.

I may be wrong, CL may be set to change his mindset of a lifetime and he may also be able to pick a couple of players from the magic "attacking mudfielder" tree that some of the more deluded on here think only Hearts can shop at. Killie, Aberdeen, Hibs etc all losing players but unable to replace them. We may not continue our slide from 3rd to 5th to 6th . Who knows? But the signs are not good and I'm out until CLs power base has been diluted and he steps sideways or out of the door allowing a proper manager to take us forward. Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative but hey ho.

15 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

More then 14 is optimistic in the extreme, imo.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Did these 14000 ST holders all purchase their tickets in the first phase last season ?

You people that are banging on about 4000 missing ST holders are going to look rather silly when most if not all current ST holders renew between next week and the start of the League season.

The trends from previous seasons are against you.

Time to look out some new negatives ?

Whenever people seek to renew is entirely up to them and might very well be particular to each persons individual circumstances 

4,000 does appear to be a rather large number though. Increased capacity will allow some to pick and choose their games rather than commit to up front costs of ST 

Will be interesting to see final sales number. I know quite a few guys who have missed numerous home games over the past two years despite having ST simply due to apathy. That remains the big issue the club need to guard against. Unfortunately that is inextricably linked to what is on the park 

Performance over last 2 years is a subject done to death. Things evidently must improve materially in order to protect ourselves against a fall in attendances and therefore revenue.  Fall in revenue together with loss of revenue from league placing (2nd gets £800,000 more than 6th in prize money) makes things harder still at a time when club needs as much money as it can get. Never a good time for poor performance but I would say the timing of our on field performance over the last couple of years could not have been worse  

Costs associated with stadium development, therefore creating increased capacity, is not the best time to witness a decline in attendances 

Markymark
25 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I haven’t made this personal. You’ve said you’d return your ticket back if Levein was to be removed. I’m not buying another until he is. This has nothing whatsoever to do with a ‘sense of entitlement’.

I’m sick of the eye bleeding crap, the zero shots on a regular basis away from home, his ability to make good pros looks shite and our millions wasted without a single ounce of accountability on our poor recruitment. Initial signs are it’s not for changing - not 1 of the 4 players linked to or signed are without risk. I’m all for gambling now and again but a 36 year old with dodgy knees, a winger who can’t start for Inverness, a player who has scored 12 goals in the English 4th division, an 18 year old from NI - these guys aren’t going to strengthen us next season, they are gap fillers. All risks. 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Whenever people seek to renew is entirely up to them and might very well be particular to each persons individual circumstances 

4,000 does appear to be a rather large number though. Increased capacity will allow some to pick and choose their games rather than commit to up front costs of ST 

Will be interesting to see final sales number. I know quite a few guys who have missed numerous home games over the past two years despite having ST simply due to apathy. That remains the big issue the club need to guard against. Unfortunately that is inextricably linked to what is on the park 

Performance over last 2 years is a subject done to death. Things evidently must improve materially in order to protect ourselves against a fall in attendances and therefore revenue.  Fall in revenue together with loss of revenue from league placing (2nd gets £800,000 more than 6th in prize money) makes things harder still at a time when club needs as much money as it can get. Never a good time for poor performance but I would say the timing of our on field performance over the last couple of years could not have been worse  

Costs associated with stadium development, therefore creating increased capacity, is not the best time to witness a decline in attendances 

I think the time to comment on all of this is when the total number of Season Tickets sold us actually know.  The figure announced yesterday was in line with that at a similar stage last year. We will know soon enough what the final total is.

Everybody knows that recruitment and performances must improve dramatically on last years stuff. I have no doubt that will happen.

BobbyJenkins
38 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You can't win on here can you. I have said that he is doing a fantastic job and that is still not enough 

You wont win on here no, cos youre in the minority and an empty vessel making a lot of noise. You will be told that time and time again for as long as you're at it.

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

You wont win on here no, cos youre in the minority and an empty vessel making a lot of noise. You will be told that time and time again for as long as you're at it.

Cheers. Always good to have a superior type to ensure we don't stray of course 

I'm in a minority who are perplexed at the utter shite we have endured for past 2 years 

OK pal. We'll leave it there 

gorgie rd eh11
20 minutes ago, Markymark said:

I haven’t made this personal. You’ve said you’d return your ticket back if Levein was to be removed. I’m not buying another until he is. This has nothing whatsoever to do with a ‘sense of entitlement’.

I’m sick of the eye bleeding crap, the zero shots on a regular basis away from home, his ability to make good pros looks shite and our millions wasted without a single ounce of accountability on our poor recruitment. Initial signs are it’s not for changing - not 1 of the 4 players linked to or signed are without risk. I’m all for gambling now and again but a 36 year old with dodgy knees, a winger who can’t start for Inverness, a player who has scored 12 goals in the English 4th division, an 18 year old from NI - these guys aren’t going to strengthen us next season, they are gap fillers. All risks. 

Have we sold more than 4000 though?

28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I predicted our STs would be down and they quite clearly will be. I predicted that the comical series of events that culminated in Annie pushing the bearded one back into the dug out would see us stagnate and it has proved that way.

I may be wrong, CL may be set to change his mindset of a lifetime and he may also be able to pick a couple of players from the magic "attacking mudfielder" tree that some of the more deluded on here think only Hearts can shop at. Killie, Aberdeen, Hibs etc all losing players but unable to replace them. We may not continue our slide from 3rd to 5th to 6th . Who knows? But the signs are not good and I'm out until CLs power base has been diluted and he steps sideways or out of the door allowing a proper manager to take us forward. Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative but hey ho.

Not one element of your post has any basis in truth. Season ticket sales are going well and based on previous buying patterns are no different. There is no evidence to support your claim that clearly season ticket sales will be down.  

It’s fair enough to express frustration/disappointment if you don’t like the style of play etc, but you have taken this to a level beyond what most Hearts supporters would do.

Your view on what is going on at the club is clearly different to what the majority of fans think and you have misjudged the support the club has. We are all more loyal in supporting the longer growth of the club that you gave us credit.

The outlook for the club is very positive and I like most other fans are excited about the future.

Maybe you need to think again about how you have come to be so negative on what’s going on at the club. The majority of fans believe you are wrong. 

Time me to stop moaning and start supporting the team and club.

Des Lynam
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'm in a minority who are perplexed at the utter shite we have endured for past 2 years 

I know but you’ve said the same thing over and over and over again. You seem genuinely disappointed we have sold so many season tickets. 

Jambof3tornado

I think sales will be down due to the increased capacity meaning fans can pick and choose.

Season tickets don't offer value for money if you miss even 2 games a season and with tv matches etc its difficult for me to get the time off for matches. I've renewed but more because 4 of us sit together which you would struggle to do as walk ups.

A better product on the park will see numbers improve again.

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I know but you’ve said the same thing over and over and over again. You seem genuinely disappointed we have sold so many season tickets. 

That is just utter nonsense. I would like the club to sell as many as possible 

This is the type of line that gets peddled out endlessly on here. Infantile rubbish 

Bull's-eye
31 minutes ago, Markymark said:

It's a shame you see football like that. I enjoy every game I watch, I enjoy watching Hearts much much more than anything else though, that's win, lose or draw by the way. Obviously when we win the banter is quality after the game. I enjoy the whole experience of going to football. That includes the travel to the game the pints beforehand, the banter with good mates.

The day that stops is the day I stop, can't see it being anytime soon, thankfully for the club the majority are happy clapping like minded individuals like myself.

Beast Boy
17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hendricks.

And All out Attack and Kimosavi.

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

That is just utter nonsense. I would like the club to sell as many as possible 

This is the type of line that gets peddled out endlessly on here. Infantile rubbish 

Bit like questioning posters childhoods and calling them attention seekers.

If the shoe fits eh.

This forum is doing my head in, any thread where there can be some positivity to be had is attacked by the usual members having a dig at the club.

Give it a rest.

Beast Boy
4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's a shame you see football like that. I enjoy every game I watch, I enjoy watching Hearts much much more than anything else though, that's win, lose or draw by the way. Obviously when we win the banter is quality after the game. I enjoy the whole experience of going to football. That includes the travel to the game the pints beforehand, the banter with good mates.

The day that stops is the day I stop, can't see it being anytime soon, thankfully for the club the majority are happy clapping like minded individuals like myself.

Very much this.

BobbyJenkins
1 minute ago, dsk1210 said:

This forum is doing my head in, any thread where there can be some positivity to be had is attacked by the usual members having a dig at the club.

Give it a rest.

Correct and this is exactly why folk cant be arsed with them. Opinions are fine but when you dont listen or take on board facts and reason to blindly attack the club/Levein you'll get grief.

BobbyJenkins
24 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Its my pleasure Spencey, thats why I'm here.  I'm no going anywhere ;) 

Aye you leave it there pal, best for everyone not to have to read  your incessant nonsense.

6 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Its my pleasure Spencey, thats why I'm here.  I'm no going anywhere ;) 

Aye you leave it there pal, best for everyone not to have to read  your incessant nonsense.

Quite right too.  You are doing a sterling job 

Edited by Spencer

BobbyJenkins
Just now, Spencer said:

Quite right too.  You are doing as sterling job 

Clearly not  as you and the usual suspects are still slavering left, right and centre.

Mind, we were leaving it at that Spencey.

Bazzas right boot

10000 sold on the back of a meh season, ealier than last year as well.

At least wait until the final figures are out or you'll make yourself look daft like the labour party last night in England.

The usual suspects seem gutted we didn't drop to around 5k so they could go all

:lenny: on CL and say we're miles behind hibs and it's all Cl's fault and start flapping. 

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

10000 sold on the back of a meh season, ealier than last year as well.

At least wait until the final figures are out or you'll make yourself look daft like the labour party last night in England.

The usual suspects seem gutted we didn't drop to around 5k so they could go all

:lenny: on CL and say we're miles behind hibs and it's all Cl's fault and start flapping. 

What a load of shite Tosh. Utter shite.

Who has stated anything of the kind? I think everyone knows the more ST's we can sell the better. Buoyant crowds will increase revenue to improve the squad - my goodness does it need improving. 

Of course the club could maximise revenue but that avenue has been closed due to continued under performance.  Losing out to Motherwell denied us at least 1 trip to Hampden and that horrible man you illustrated in your post could guide Hibs to 2nd compared to our 6th - a difference of £800,000.

All of these things are material Tosh. We need to start tapping fans less and start achieving on the park. Lack of cup revenue and mediocre league placings are denying us revenue when it's desperately needed 

Absolute Scenes
11 hours ago, graygo said:

Thought they were going in the Gorgie?

The ticket phoned me to ask if I wanted to move from the roseburn as that is where they are trialling it...unless that's changed...

Who knows at this point :rofl:

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

That seems to be the problem with those throwing their toys out of the pram - a false sense of entitlement that we didn't have prior to 98.

Some people don't get that a lot has changed since then and we have to live within our budgets.  The team isn't great but I've seen a lot worse and I recall going to games in the 90s and we used to have a gallows humour on the buses as we struggled badly some seasons.

I don't understand the whole "could be worse" mentality, to be honest. There's barely any incentive to renew an ST based on performances and signings and certainly no desire to attend away games for anything other than a day out on the lash.

We have been set back 2/3 years due to Levein's appointment of Cathro, then the saga of Levein getting the job himself and trying to turn it round.

Living within our budget is fine, if it was spent in the correct manner. We have more than sufficient financial backing.

We are rather awful to watch and miles behind the teams we should be on par with or above.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

What a load of shite Tosh. Utter shite.

Who has stated anything of the kind? I think everyone knows the more ST's we can sell the better. Buoyant crowds will increase revenue to improve the squad - my goodness does it need improving. 

Of course the club could maximise revenue but that avenue has been closed due to continued under performance.  Losing out to Motherwell denied us at least 1 trip to Hampden and that horrible man you illustrated in your post could guide Hibs to 2nd compared to our 6th - a difference of £800,000.

All of these things are material Tosh. We need to start tapping fans less and start achieving on the park. Lack of cup revenue and mediocre league placings are denying us revenue when it's desperately needed 

aye, it's time to panic and sack CL because that will be the solution to the above.

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

aye, it's time to panic and sack CL because that will be the solution to the above.

Levein is the solution Tosh. He is the answer 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Spencer said:

Levein is the solution Tosh. He is the answer 

:stupid_post:

4 minutes ago, Mort said:

I don't understand the whole "could be worse" mentality, to be honest. There's barely any incentive to renew an ST based on performances and signings and certainly no desire to attend away games for anything other than a day out on the lash.

We have been set back 2/3 years due to Levein's appointment of Cathro, then the saga of Levein getting the job himself and trying to turn it round.

Living within our budget is fine, if it was spent in the correct manner. We have more than sufficient financial backing.

We are rather awful to watch and miles behind the teams we should be on par with or above.

I fail to see how any self respecting Hearts fan could disagree with this 

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I fail to see how any self respecting Hearts fan could disagree with this 

I'm very self respecting and I disagree. You carry on. Your starting to get amusing, albeit mildly.

Escobar PHM
2 hours ago, Bez said:

Trying to put people off renewing season tickets.

Morning Superfan. You didn't renew and youre not going to renew this season ? True or false ? Careful with your answer.

Beast Boy
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Morning Superfan. You didn't renew and youre not going to renew this season ? True or false ? Careful with your answer.

False.

Edited by Bez

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Bez said:

False.

So your not now sharing one ticket between you and your mate as you stated 10 days ago ?

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm very self respecting and I disagree. You carry on. Your starting to get amusing, albeit mildly.

You don't believe we are falling behind teams we should be comparable to or above?

Presumably this is a deliberately contrary position you have taken. If not, take a look at the league table. But be warned, you might not like what you see 

FarmerTweedy
20 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Well we had 14000 season ticket holders, Nearly 4000 have chosen not to renew for some reason or another. 

So to get to same levels we have to shift another 4000 and then i`d imagine the hope we have been to add more given the extra capacity and costs for having the bigger stadium. 

Result against Hibs next week could be crucial in terms of the missing 4000. 

We didn't sell 14,000 by the end of the renewal period. We only sold slightly more at that point than we have this year and it was a few weeks later in the year last year. 

So again, why?

Beast Boy
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So your not now sharing one ticket between you and your mate as you stated 10 days ago ?

Yes I am. And it’s been renewed. I also go to a selection of away games and home games that are not my turn with the ticket. This is because of family reasons and a recent change in working commitments. 

I also upped my FoH pledge to make sure I put in more over a season than I would have had I still just been buying a season ticket by myself.

What is your point?

Edited by Bez

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, BobbyJenkins said:

And equally Levein's supporters will be told time and time again that his presence has divided the supporters and has seen us slip back from 3rd to 5th and now to 6th. These are facts. Nobody has facts to back up their blind faith in Levein . We have no more points than last season, we're turgid to watch at times and we set up not to lose rather than win every time we go away from home. In addition we have been to ER twice and not had a shot on target nor a league goal against them in 3 attempts. That is a first in my 41 years of watching Hearts . These are facts that by definition cannot be disputed no matter how much  you believe in CL. Thankfully there are a few of us concerned enough about the club that we question the power base of Levein and his continued under performance at the helm. That may change, who knows?