New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My tuppence worth on this...

I stood in the corner under the shed in the 80’s. Atmosphere was amazing. Looking back it was mostly poison & bile we were singing but at that time, it was brilliant. I have matured somewhat and realise that pish needs to stay in the past where it belongs. 

I still like a wee sing song at the match but nothing too offensive however; I wouldnt sing for the full 90 minutes even if the atmosphere was electric. I will leave that to the young team. 

Reading this thread, there seems to be a good amount of folk who are against this group having a singing section. There wasnt one back when I was in my teens/early 20’s but then the whole stadium was a singing section. Seating killed it IMO. 

Have we just forgot what its like to be young and have a sing song with your mates at the game? Give them a break. They are trying to lift the atmosphere at the games and thats a good thing as long as theres no bigoted/racist songs then I’m all for it. 

I think most of us are all for it if there's no bigoted/racist stuff.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

LochcarronJambo
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

I think most of us are all for it if there's no bigoted/racist stuff.

Totally agree ....but I have my worries like you indicate

Dalstonjambo
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Have we just forgot what its like to be young and have a sing song with your mates at the game? Give them a break. They are trying to lift the atmosphere at the games and thats a good thing as long as theres no bigoted/racist songs then I’m all for it. 

Isn't that what 99% of people are saying? Not sure you will find many people disagreeing with that mate.

GorgieRules22
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I stood in the corner under the shed in the 80’s. Atmosphere was amazing. Looking back it was mostly poison & bile we were singing but at that time, it was brilliant. I have matured somewhat and realise that pish needs to stay in the past where it belongs. 

I still like a wee sing song at the match but nothing too offensive however; I wouldnt sing for the full 90 minutes even if the atmosphere was electric. I will leave that to the young team. 

Reading this thread, there seems to be a good amount of folk who are against this group having a singing section. There wasnt one back when I was in my teens/early 20’s but then the whole stadium was a singing section. Seating killed it IMO. 

This is absolutely spot on.

Unfortunately our support these days are easily offended, I'd hate to think what it would be like if kickback was around in the 80's early 90s after trips up to Aberdeen and through to Glasgow.

Our support are turning all pc for me, let the young guys bring Tynecastle alive again. The stadium is like a morgue most Saturday.

11 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

it's a load of pish imo

no way in the world the club would be in talks with the flare throwing baby Billy Boys about giving them their own section

They’ve not even had a chance to have their section yet so how do you know that they won’t be fine?

If they’ve had talks with the clubs they’ll know fine well it’ll be a zero tolerance policy to fireworks, sectarian singing etc and will most likely constantly have stewards or police positioned in beside them.  

The last time there was a organised group of fans it was constant sectarianism at away games, can’t really remember them at home games did they sit in the roseburn?  Anyway apart from what seems like a couple daft tweets by one account this group doesn’t seem to get involved in that stuff.  Worth remembering they are young so will obviously say and act stupid and regret it when they’re older, like everyone.  At least give them the chance to prove they can do it right, and if they can’t it is easily stopped. 

Its quite funny reading people annoyed that the club haven’t announced it, so they can make sure they’re far away from singing :laugh:

Edited by Morph

14 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Unfortunately our support these days are easily offended, I'd hate to think what it would be like if kickback was around in the 80's early 90s after trips up to Aberdeen and through to Glasgow.

Our support are turning all pc for me, let the young guys bring Tynecastle alive again. The stadium is like a morgue most Saturday.

Yeah it's really unfortunate that we can't have a go at the bloody blacks any more. A real shame. The poofters also get far too easy a time of it, and you can't even incite a bit of hatred against the Catholics these days either without some handwringer having a go. Disgrace that we have to treat people fairly, like civilised creatures.

[/sarcasm]

Edited by Ray Gin

19 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Isn't that what 99% of people are saying? Not sure you will find many people disagreeing with that mate.

Theres certainly a few saying they dont want to be seated anywhere near them, they are the same idiots etc.

Looking back (& judging by todays standards), I was a complete idiot in the 80's & 90's.

Edited by Pans Jambo

27 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

When I think of the 80s and 90s, it's as if it were yesterday.  And then I need to remember that they happened 20-30 years ago.  Or, as my daughters call them, the olden days - much the same way that I thought about the 50s and the 60s when I was a kid.  The truth is that this is no longer the 80s and 90s, and times and attitudes have changed, mostly for the good.  A great atmosphere can be created without it being racist, bigoted, homophobic, etc, and I think that's all anyone on this thread is looking for.  That's not pc; it's just the point where society has got to.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Morph said:

They’ve not even had a chance to have their section yet so how do you know that they won’t be fine?

If they’ve had talks with the clubs they’ll know fine well it’ll be a zero tolerance policy to fireworks, sectarian singing etc and will most likely constantly have stewards or police positioned in beside them.  

The last time there was a organised group of fans it was constant sectarianism at away games, can’t really remember them at home games did they sit in the roseburn?  Anyway apart from what seems like a couple daft tweets by one account this group doesn’t seem to get involved in that stuff.  Worth remembering they are young so will obviously say and act stupid and regret it when they’re older, like everyone.  At least give them the chance to prove they can do it right, and if they can’t it is easily stopped. 

Its quite funny reading people annoyed that the club haven’t announced it, so they can make sure they’re far away from singing :laugh:

Its not particularly the singing folk want to be away from them for.

If they do get another chance then I'm going for mid october in the sweepstake.

For the point at which there section will be half empty due to bans.

Good luck though.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Its not particularly the singing folk want to be away from them for.

If they do get another chance then I'm going for mid october in the sweepstake.

For the point at which there section will be half empty due to bans.

Good luck though.

I’m not sure if you’re wishing me good luck there, just to confirm I have nothing to do with it. 

I just think we need to give them a chance to do what they want to do, and if they blow it then that’s their fault.  It seems like they’re being tarred with a sectarian brush because of the last group, but they’ll know that can’t be the case due to how tightly they’ll be watched. 

Just no drum plz they are irritating as ****. 

9 minutes ago, Morph said:

I’m not sure if you’re wishing me good luck there, just to confirm I have nothing to do with it. 

I just think we need to give them a chance to do what they want to do, and if they blow it then that’s their fault.  It seems like they’re being tarred with a sectarian brush because of the last group, but they’ll know that can’t be the case due to how tightly they’ll be watched. 

They're being tarred with the sectarian brush because of their twitter activity.

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They're being tarred with the sectarian brush because of their twitter activity.

As long as they’re not doing it at the match, whatever they do on their personal twitter accounts is upto them.  I bet the folk who sit around me at the matches have probably posted some daft stuff on social media, I have too.  That needs to be dealt with on an individual basis though if it’s got to a point where a ban is appropriate.  I’ve just had a scan of that page and even though it’s not the most “PC” i don’t think it needs a ban.  The club will be aware of it too and they’ll have been warned to cut that stuff out if they want their section. 

As far as I can see they don’t have an “official” twitter page so that heartsfc_ account is just someone attached to the group.  You don’t need to ban the whole group because of one person though?  

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Yeah it's really unfortunate that we can't have a go at the bloody blacks any more. A real shame. The poofters also get far too easy a time of it, and you can't even incite a bit of hatred against the Catholics these days either without some handwringer having a go. Disgrace that we have to treat people fairly, like civilised creatures.

[/sarcasm]

And by creating a singing section these young guys are targeting people ?

Some people worry about what's getting sung rather than getting behind their team.

We need to create an atmosphere in Tynecastle as at the moment it's badly lacking...let's give the young guys a chance.

Im so glad that when I was a young guy in the 80s and 90s I never had the same pc brigade turning their noses up at every song and comment.

Libertarian

Hopefully this can get off the ground. However it will have to be made absolutely crystal clear to the singing section that the club, Hearts supporters and other members of the singing section will not tolerate sectarianism. It's highly likely that strict liability will be introduced within the next year or two, if not by the SPFL then by Scottish Government. What we don't want happening is the Hearts being made an example of when we all know who the real offenders are.

13 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Hopefully this can get off the ground. However it will have to be made absolutely crystal clear to the singing section that the club, Hearts supporters and other members of the singing section will not tolerate sectarianism. It's highly likely that strict liability will be introduced within the next year or two, if not by the SPFL then by Scottish Government. What we don't want happening is the Hearts being made an example of when we all know who the real offenders are.

I've not heard anything about any new strict liability to be honest.

From the SPFL or government.

Is there new legislation coming ?

If there is, why would it be needed is the question most will be asking.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Morph said:

Its the same group which is why they are being tarred with the same brush mate.

42 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

??? it's not the same group mate. Ahaha

2 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

We will not tolerate sectarianism. What do you mean when you say the strict liability will be introduced, how do you know this.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

We will not tolerate sectarianism. What do you mean when you say the strict liability will be introduced, how do you know this.

What will you do about sectarianism within your group.

If the shenanigans was dropped, the folk trying to organise this could play a key role in the section growing, perhaps to occupy most of the Gorige stand one day. The sectarian shite will not help numbers grow. I really want this to work, so please organisers think about what you tweet/retweet and how you act when representing the club on non match days.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Fair enough man, i don’t really know much about them. 

Fwiw I think an organised section would be good if it was done well.  If it ends up being a group of about 10 then they should pie it but if they can get the good numbers then fair play to them. 

If theyre being accused of sectarianism it might be good to hear from the HMFCSSO account just to say that they’ll police themselves or whatever.  Again, people don’t want the group to be super PC or whatever, just to avoid sectarianism as it’ll only get the group shut down.  There will be people desperate for them to sing those songs so they can try get them banned because of the behaviour of the last group  

Hope it works out for them and they can generate a bit of atmosphere.  I sit down in N just now and it’s been so boring recently.  Wouldn’t be interested in joining a group myself but hopefully they can be successful :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, kila said:

If the shenanigans was dropped, the folk trying to organise this could play a key role in the section growing, perhaps to occupy most of the Gorige stand one day. The sectarian shite will not help numbers grow. I really want this to work, so please organisers think about what you tweet/retweet and how you act when representing the club on non match days.

Good advice to them :thumbsup:

Its not going to be a good atmosphere if there’s an “us/them” between sections of the support either. 

buckhind jambo
11 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

9 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Both spot on

MacDonald Jardine
5 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

I presume this is based on speculation following the decision to appeal the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

IMO it's wishful thinking.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
6 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

It's not highly likely at all. The clubs will vote against it and the government has a bloody nose after their flipflop. 

2 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

When is this all going to be confirmed by the club?

Our next meeting is Next week so Ideally a full statement and application form will be released on the hearts website in the next few weeks

4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What will you do about sectarianism within your group.

We plan to self police our group so if there has been any incidents then we will issue final warnings and if an individual continues to act in a certain manner then they will be dealt with.

been here before
17 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Our next meeting is Next week so Ideally a full statement and application form will be released on the hearts website in the next few weeks

An application form :lol:

To sing songs and wave flags at the football. And maybe bang a drum with like minded ******s.

:lol:

The worlds gone fckin mad.

Edited by been here before

7 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

We plan to self police our group so if there has been any incidents then we will issue final warnings and if an individual continues to act in a certain manner then they will be dealt with.

You/your pal HeartsFC_ on twitter clearly don't seem to have a problem with smoke bombs, singing the Billy Boys, or folk shouting "**** the 'RA". 

Would partaking in any of the above merit an internal warning from your group?

Edited by Ray Gin

Libertarian
4 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

Sincerely glad to hear that the singing section will not tolerate sectarianism and I look forward to this group raising the noise levels at Tynecastle. As for strict liability groups such as nil by mouth (who I agree with) are calling for the football authorities to introduce strict liability and if the SPFL/SFA fail in this then for the government to introduce legislation bringing in strict liability.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

An application form :lol:

To sing songs and wave flags at the football.

:lol:

The worlds gone fckin mad.

Couldn’t agree more.

Absolutely crazy.

’Please sir, can we sing a Hearts song at a Hearts game’?

’Aw please’.

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You/your pal HeartsFC_ on twitter clearly don't seem to have a problem with smoke bombs, singing the Billy Boys, or folk shouting "**** the 'RA". 

Would partaking in any of the above merit an internal warning from your group?

1.) What do you mean when you say that he doesn't have a problem with smoke bombs ?

2.) Hearts fans singing Billy Boys is a problem across the wider support and not just our group. How do you propose we tackle this then.

3.) Shouting **** the RA is not sectarian mate 

3 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

1.) What do you mean when you say that he doesn't have a problem with smoke bombs ?

2.) Hearts fans singing Billy Boys is a problem across the wider support and not just our group. How do you propose we tackle this then.

3.) Shouting **** the RA is not sectarian mate 

1) Sharing photos of smoke bombs at away games with the caption "No pyro, no party" 

2) Don't sing it in your section. Give a warning to anyone that tries to sing it.

3) Do you think it's totally fine behaviour to be shouting "**** the 'Ra" to players in the street? 

Your responses have already shown how brilliantly self-policed this is going to be. :lol:

Edited by Ray Gin

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Will you expel anyone who brings a picture of a smoke bomb? Kickback demands to know. 

been here before
21 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

That bit brilliant.

"Right Stone Island Boy number 15 you've been found guilty of singing about Cafflicks and Fenians and that. You're not allowed to join in anymore songs for a week. Hand over yer flag to Stone Island Boy number 4 who'll give you it back when you're good".

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

1) Sharing photos of smoke bombs at away games with the caption "No pyro, no party" 

2) Don't sing it in your section. Give a warning to anyone that tries to sing it.

3) Do you think it's totally fine behaviour to be shouting "**** the 'Ra" to players in the street? 

Your responses have already shown how brilliantly self-policed this is going to be. :lol:

1.) We did not share any photos of smoke bombs.

2.) Yes but what about every other section in the stadium for example the hibs cup game when three quarters of the hearts support were singing hello hello. ?

3.) the person that was shouting **** the RA in the street was nothing to do with our group and has no connections whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Will you expel anyone who brings a picture of a smoke bomb? Kickback demands to know. 

??

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

It wisnae us

dodgy.jpg

That is not our Twitter page mate. Ours is this ??

IMG_3531.PNG

That's your or one of your group organisers pages though.

singingsection.jpg

Edited by Ray Gin

That's your or one of your group organisers pages though.

You are correct, it is one of our members pages but we have not liked or shared any of these tweets with pyro or other stuff. What is you're point because it just seems you are trying to think of ways to make us fail and have not succeeded ?

been here before

Better stay calm Ray lest you dont want your application form not to be viewed in a favourable light.

2 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

You are correct, it is one of our members pages but we have not liked or shared any of these tweets with pyro or other stuff. What is you're point because it just seems you are trying to think of ways to make us fail and have not succeeded ?

I want you to succeed but not act like wee arseholes. Atmosphere is much needed.

Not throwing smoke bombs around and not singing the Billy Boys will be a good start.

I want you to succeed but not act like wee arseholes. Atmosphere is much needed.

Not throwing smoke bombs around and not singing the Billy Boys will be a good start.

We have not set off any smoke bombs and have not sang billy boys so why make such a big fuss ?

4 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

We have not set off any smoke bombs and have not sang billy boys so why make such a big fuss ?

When one of your key members seems to enjoy such behaviour it doesn't bode well.

(And you were singing the Billy Boys at ibrox while waving a red hand flag around.)

Edited by Ray Gin

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

When one of your key members seems to enjoy such behaviour it doesn't bode well.

As long as they do not commit such behaviour inside the section or whilst representing us then nothing can be done.

Do you also propose that anyone with a previous criminal record should not be allowed into Tynecastle?

1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

As long as they do not commit such behaviour inside the section or whilst representing us then nothing can be done.

Do you also propose that anyone with a previous criminal record should not be allowed into Tynecastle?

Why would I propose that?

• davemclaren locked this topic