New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Personally I think that’s bullshit and a complete cop out. If it fails it will be down to the actions of the group, not anyone else. It’s been almost universally backed on here, and unfortunately that will make no difference whatsoever to its success or failure.

:spoton:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Roseburn would be a terrible idea.

As soon as a big match comes along the group is dispersed. The Union Bears have that very issue for Old Firm games.

PhoenixHearts
48 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

One hundred percent this. The section will fail, and I really hope it doesn’t, because these people are willing it to fail.

That's one way to look at it.... (just because somebody doesn't want to hear Rangers-esque songs like 'hullo hullo'  doesn't mean they're willing it to fail btw.)

On the other hand... yes there will be people watching the singing section like a hawk "notepad in hand" looking for any sign of untoward behaviour or displays, but it's not because they are willing it to fail. It'll be that they'd like to spot and remove the negative parts early to let a good thing continue to grow unimpeded. 

If you don't skim the hingin foam off the top as you start cooking, your beans will taste shite.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

On the positive side, if the game is boring at least a few on here can amuse themselves by watching the singing section, notebooks poised, for any signs of naughtiness.

They will need to find Adrian Mrowiec's phone number :thumb:

7 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

That's one way to look at it.... (just because somebody doesn't want to hear Rangers-esque songs like 'hullo hullo'  doesn't mean they're willing it to fail btw.)

On the other hand... yes there will be people watching the singing section like a hawk "notepad in hand" looking for any sign of untoward behaviour or displays, but it's not because they are willing it to fail. It'll be that they'd like to spot and remove the negative parts early to let a good thing continue to grow unimpeded. 

If you don't skim the hingin foam off the top as you start cooking, your beans will taste shite.

In the way that they want, without actually making the effort to get involved themselves.

Let's face it, already someone appears to have an issue with songs about Kyle Bartley so i can see anything a bit naughty being pounced on.

zero tolerance for sectarian/racist stuff, of course.

32 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Personally I think that’s bullshit and a complete cop out. If it fails it will be down to the actions of the group, not anyone else. It’s been almost universally backed on here, and unfortunately that will make no difference whatsoever to its success or failure.

How can it be universally backed when people are already asking what they think of Catholics? That’s prejudging those you don’t know, which I’m sure we’re all against. 

Or or asking them what they would do if someone who is not banned by the club or the police decides to stand near them? What would you or I do? Not a lot is my answer.

They are being set up to fail by those who have preconceptions about who they are, what they believe and who they associate with who are already looking to condemn them for hypothetical situations.

What dies self-policing mean, and how do you enforce it? If they can’t legislate for everyone near them do we support collective punishments? Unfortunately I reckon many on here do, which is both unhelpful and unfair.

Give the boys a chance is all I’m asking for, but JKB is unforgiving in the extreme to our younger supporters, and this is where the dialogue can break down.

Incidentally, and i've said this before, you do not actually need the permission of the club before going ahead with this.

I imagine most of the guys interested are roughly in the same area, so just bash on with it. If it takes off then people will look to move into that area - that' what happened with Section N all those years ago.

There is room to move around for most games, so do so and make an atmosphere.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In the way that they want, without actually making the effort to get involved themselves.

Let's face it, already someone appears to have an issue with songs about Kyle Bartley so i can see anything a bit naughty being pounced on.

zero tolerance for sectarian/racist stuff, of course.

I'm thinking more of an official capacity.

If it's to be a partnership agreement with the club, there will be some form of official 'quality control inspector' so to speak. Hopefully they'll be looking for troublemakers in the ranks and removing them, with the cooperation of the singing section, which allows them to keep their thing going.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I'm thinking more of an official capacity.

If it's to be a partnership agreement with the club, there will be some form of official 'quality control inspector' so to speak. Hopefully they'll be looking for troublemakers in the ranks and removing them, with the cooperation of the singing section, which allows them to keep their thing going.

I'm not understanding why it has to 'official', to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We are trying to make it official so that numbers will increase a lot more and so the club will have no proble, with our drum etc

1 hour ago, Boab said:

With respect to some decent posters, and the OP, if I was thinking of starting a group of supporters to organise singing, tifo, and any other malarky, the last place i'd broadcast it...or even announce an intention....would be on Kickback.

I don't know about that. I think it's great that they're taking the time to explain what they're doing and answer questions from fellow supporters. It's a great way to build goodwill, not just among those who post here but the much larger numbers who just sit back and read too. It's a smart move, especially considering the issues and discussions of the past year or two. They're clearly giving a lot of thought to how they go about this and that has to be commended. Or I think it's very encouraging anyway. 

Also re: the "willing this to fail" comments earlier (can't remember who posted it)...I disagree with that too. I think people are being pretty supportive, all things considered. Can't blame anyone for being cautious. And anyway, these questions are probably not a patch on what they'll be asked by the club. It's all good practice, hopefully....  :) 

All for this but only on the premise that it's nothing like the last one or with the same little fandans. Those lot were an absolute embarrassment, stealing stewards hats, acting like little hardmen casuals etc. Get that sort of nonsense tae **** and I reckon it could take off and be a success. I hope it works out and it's all positive feedback once it gets going but I feel it'll end in disaster. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

6 minutes ago, redm said:

I don't know about that. I think it's great that they're taking the time to explain what they're doing and answer questions from fellow supporters. It's a great way to build goodwill, not just among those who post here but the much larger numbers who just sit back and read too. It's a smart move, especially considering the issues and discussions of the past year or two. They're clearly giving a lot of thought to how they go about this and that has to be commended. Or I think it's very encouraging anyway. 

Also re: the "willing this to fail" comments earlier (can't remember who posted it)...I disagree with that too. I think people are being pretty supportive, all things considered. Can't blame anyone for being cautious. And anyway, these questions are probably not a patch on what they'll be asked by the club. It's all good practice, hopefully....  :) 

That's because you're not as cynical as me, Red !

The last thing they need as, I assume, young men, is a thread littered with suppositions on how they might ' behave ' !

All opinions of course. You've confirmed my decent poster remark.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

A singing section singing Ultras songs that know one else knew, there is nothing bad about that. ?  How could the previous Singing Section, 3 rows of section H drown out the rest of the atmosphere in the stadium? That is just embarrassing

It isn't embarrassing it is a fact and a fact witnessed by Hearts fans home and away when we had the previous 'Ultras'. The previous singing section also had a (really annoying) drum and they did start singing their mindless drone and they did stop other sections of the crowd singing. There is no debate about that I along with thousands of other Hearts fans witnessed it.

There is absolutely something bad about singing songs that people cannot join in with - it means you alienate a large section of the support straight away.

Still at least you are willing to take on board advice as much as the last lot of idiots. 

Great start....................

59 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Most of the sections in the stadium already have season ticket holders who will be renewing in them. Unless the club is on board and labels a section of the stadium as a designated singing section, those people will still be there next season and you won't get everyone seated together.

Francis Albert
On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 13:53, HMFCSSO said:

Hello there everyone, we are HMFCSSO. Some of you might have seen or heard about us on twitter. We are attending a meeting on Wednesday which is regarding an official singing section being added to Tynecastle next season. We would like there to be a designated area of the ground where anyone that wants to sing and create an atmosphere for the whole game doesn't feel out of place. We have had an amazing amount of people telling us they would join the section next season. Obviously the club will get the final say but we are still not sure where the best area of the ground for this would be. Our aim is to give Tynecastle a rocking atmosphere for games big and small next season. We would be more than happy to answer any questions or ideas anyone has.

IMG_3461.JPG

A bit late to this thread and sorry if its been covered. Why Andy Capp? What is he holding in the left hand image? A smoke bonb? Flare? Maroon candy floss? What has he got on his head? Some sort of gas mask? Or flying helmet? And who will be the Singing Section Official? Or is it supposed to mean Official Singing Section?

37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit late to this thread and sorry if its been covered. Why Andy Capp? What is he holding in the left hand image? A smoke bonb? Flare? Maroon candy floss? What has he got on his head? Some sort of gas mask? Or flying helmet? And who will be the Singing Section Official? Or is it supposed to mean Official Singing Section?

We changed our logo after lots of Kickbackers warned us about this graphic. We are calling ourselves singing section official until we come up with a name

20 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Where about in the stadium are you planning on having your group in?

Ideally in Gorgie Lower

8 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

We changed our logo after lots of Kickbackers warned us about this graphic. We are calling ourselves singing section official until we come up with a name

Why not just keep it simple and call yourselves "The Gorgie Boys"

simple but effective  

16 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Why not just keep it simple and call yourselves "The Gorgie Boys"

simple but effective  

Because the group at the start of this season that tried to start up a singing section were called the Gorgie boys, people would just confuse the 2

11 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Because the group at the start of this season that tried to start up a singing section were called the Gorgie boys, people would just confuse the 2

Gorgie Noise then?

I'm fully behind a singing section but to be honest, your name leaves a lot to be desired :lol:

35 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Does your group intend having a singing section at away games,I’m just asking as I wondered what will happen if the young team try to join your group.

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

Ah ok. Never knew that

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Gorgie Noise then?

I'm fully behind a singing section but to be honest, your name leaves a lot to be desired :lol:

2 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

EH11?

May 19th Group?

Maroon Platoon?

Section 15 or 51?

Edited by EIEIO

Infact the more I think about it the more someone needs to step in and save all credibilty of this by making sure the name is changed, youd be a laughing stock to opposition fans 

4 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

Ideally in Gorgie Lower

The lower Gorgie would be an ideal place. Personally I think that it is a great idea, however I think it's important that it's not just a bunch of young teenagers in the singing section but there are some older guys with hopefully some common sense. It's also important that the club explains to the singing section that they have a responsibility not to bring the club into disrepute.

queensferryjambo
7 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

We are trying to make it official so that numbers will increase a lot more and so the club will have no proble, with our drum etc

I know you clearly don't want to take any advice but if you and your group are going to take one bit of advice - don't have a drum. Even if you do persist with the drum I really don't think the club will let you bang a (really loud and totally annoying) drum in the family section. 

I am presuming all the people agreeing that the singing section should be in lower Gorgie don't sit there and haven't taken into account who do sit there. I would suggest that young children and parents aren't going to be impressed with a drum. 

If there is to be a singing section with a drum it should be in Section N or Section G. Near the away fans and in sections were more fans are likely to join in as well.  

4 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

If it helps i was not aware of anyone starting a singing section this season with a name. Can’t speak for most but i’m not sure overlap/confusion is your issue. 

3 hours ago, sassenach said:

I don't get to many games, but when I come to Tynecastle I arrive fuelled up with Diggers Heavy, ready to make a racket.

Is it anticipated that tickets for this section will be available on general sale? And if they are, will a middle-aged Englishman look or feel out of place?

I don't want to be part of any official group, but I like to be around other folk who like a good sing song at the football.

Yes there will be tickets on general sale for the Section next season ( unless it gets sold out ). And no sir, you will not feel or look out of place, this section will not just be for a certain age group, this section will be for anyone who likes a sing and creating an atmosphere at games. We are aspiring to end up like Huddersfields singing section which we have been closely communicating with to which has attracted old and young into there singing section and have drum, megaphone and displays. 

7 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I know you clearly don't want to take any advice but if you and your group are going to take one bit of advice - don't have a drum. Even if you do persist with the drum I really don't think the club will let you bang a (really loud and totally annoying) drum in the family section. 

I am presuming all the people agreeing that the singing section should be in lower Gorgie don't sit there and haven't taken into account who do sit there. I would suggest that young children and parents aren't going to be impressed with a drum. 

If there is to be a singing section with a drum it should be in Section N or Section G. Near the away fans and in sections were more fans are likely to join in as well.  

You will hardly notice a drum banging when we have 600 people singing passionately in beat with it, you could also join in some songs which would also make you hear it less.

10 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

You will hardly notice a drum banging when we have 600 people singing passionately in beat with it, you could also join in some songs which would also make you hear it less.

It’s going well you have gone from 300 yesterday to 600 today,can’t wait until next season.

I really hope things work out for the guys trying to get this started,  loved the shed when I was younger, when the shed went I always looked forward to away games as the atmosphere was  nearly always better than at Tynie, I sit in N now for the same reason.

I'm sure there's loads of older guys that would use the new section.

queensferryjambo
Just now, HMFCSSO said:

I can assure you people with families will notice a drum if you go in the Gorgie Road end. There will never be anything close to 600 people in a singing section in any part of the ground unless it is in the Roseburn. 

Even if 600 people did volunteer to join a singing section the club won't move other fans (especially in the family section) who already have season tickets to cater for a singing section.

You might think I am just being awkward towards you in this thread but I am genuinely not. I am purely trying to give you some solid advice so you don't make the same mistakes as the previous group. 

Surely you would want to be closer to the away fans rather than the furthest stand away from them anyway?

28 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I can assure you people with families will notice a drum if you go in the Gorgie Road end. There will never be anything close to 600 people in a singing section in any part of the ground unless it is in the Roseburn. 

Even if 600 people did volunteer to join a singing section the club won't move other fans (especially in the family section) who already have season tickets to cater for a singing section.

You might think I am just being awkward towards you in this thread but I am genuinely not. I am purely trying to give you some solid advice so you don't make the same mistakes as the previous group. 

Surely you would want to be closer to the away fans rather than the furthest stand away from them anyway?

We were originally planning on having the section in G or N but there were a very large number of people that told us they would love it in the Gorgie stand. Most Singing Sections are behind the goal anyway and would suit us better as it would look good on TV etc and with it being opposite end to the away fans it would be easy to police ? 

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Gorgie Noise seems like the obvious one. EH11 is decent as well.

Said Gorgie Noise back on page 2.

But with a 'z'. You know, all modern and down wit'the yout' an' that.

:thumbsup:

Section N or G would be the most sensible for this.

Not against the idea, just so long as Hearts songs are sung and nothing else.

52 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

We were originally planning on having the section in G or N but there were a very large number of people that told us they would love it in the Gorgie stand. Most Singing Sections are behind the goal anyway and would suit us better as it would look good on TV etc and with it being opposite end to the away fans it would be easy to police ? 

Can I ask what age group you fall into,if your a bit older people may be more inclined to think this has a chance.

On 29/01/2018 at 20:10, obua said:

What happens at away games as the young team still attend and sing unacceptable songs,how will you distance your group from them.

6 hours ago, obua said:

Does your group intend having a singing section at away games,I’m just asking as I wondered what will happen if the young team try to join your group.

45 minutes ago, obua said:

Can I ask what age group you fall into,if your a bit older people may be more inclined to think this has a chance.

Ok HMFCSSO I have asked 3 relevant questions I am still waiting for a reply,I’ve not given up yet but I’m already having doubts.

Just now, Ugly American said:

Colonel McCrae's Gorgie Hearts Club Band?

(Or maybe Sir George McCrae's Gorgie Hearts Club Band if that scans better...)

It's clear there's already a few aneurysms about to pop at the mere mention of this.

Best of luck HMFCSSO. I hope it takes off and you're allowed to enjoy yourselves without too many sadsacks trying to piss on your parade.

Really wonder why so many Hearts fans invest so much time and effort in being annoyed with fellow Hearts fans. 

Why dont we build on the 2 singing sections that we have at the moment, G and N.

Obviously at big games when roseburn is full of away fans G and N would be heard by them.

Im in N and the place was rocking during the celtic game.

• davemclaren locked this topic