Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grown men fighting over who knows what and people making up stories in order to make themselves important to unknown people on a Internet forum. 

The phrase “attention whore” comes to mind.

On the plus side, makes fantastic reading!  ???

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

I know..........why don't we start a Steven Naismith - new NEW thread? ?

I question the validity of the term "new" in relation to this thread.

I think this is now just a Naismith thread.

I don't think it is new anymore.

If we started another thread, we could call it the new thread without any fear of being dishonest and using the term "new" in correct.

When does a new thread become just a thread, and when does thread become an old thread?

These questions need answered and then threads labelled correctly in order not to cause disillusionment and anger.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

Hey, you crack on. Maybe we’ll see you and Daza in the same room one day.

Aye top quality banter, 11/10

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Horses head in his agents bed and Delia’s bed to force the deal through our way?

Stevie he swims with the fishes?

10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It clearly won't be,  unless you have an agenda beforehand of course. 

Said before the window I wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't sign that many in January but we obviously did desperately need a left back. We could do with a striker and I hope Naismith signs as he but the facts are we have a wage structure and it should be respected. A repeat of last January's panic in the last 2 weeks of the window would be disastrous and Levein will not make that mistake. 

This season's games against Hibs have been close, typical derbies and even with what he have we are an even money shot to go through. 

Ahh common sense at last.

8 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

100% need players in before the Derby especially the middle of the park!

Hibs dont play through the midfield as much as it gets banded about they played constantly into the channels to run on to at tynie. Id expect them to be more conservative this time but adopt a similar approach. We have players to combat that and now have in theory better balance to attack from. Players would be nice but either way its a close call as to who is favourites on paper. But pumping the hibees is overdue

for the record its not spelt HERTZ ?

Seymour M Hersh

Why do so many of our attempts at key recruitment drag on (seemingly) for ages and end up not happening while other teams just get deals done. 

Son Of Anarchy

Why do folks get so upset about itk/attention seekers/wind up merchants, call em what you will? Strange behaviour by seemingly Hearts fans. Takes arseholery to a whole new level ;)

12 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It clearly won't be,  unless you have an agenda beforehand of course.*

Said before the window I wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't sign that many in January but we obviously did desperately need a left back. We could do with a striker and I hope Naismith signs as he but the facts are we have a wage structure and it should be respected. A repeat of last January's panic in the last 2 weeks of the window would be disastrous and Levein will not make that mistake. 

This season's games against Hibs have been close, typical derbies and even with what he have we are an even money shot to go through. 

Good post.

(* Or they aren't actually a Hearts' fan / haven't been a Hearts' fan for more than five minutes.)

Sportsound starts in 5 mins. I think it's gonna mostly be Ian Black talking about gambling but hopefully we'll get some transfer news...

13 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It clearly won't be,  unless you have an agenda beforehand of course. 

Appreciate this - however three consecutive defeats in the Cup , having dramatically/ poorly planned for the Jan window each time will be terrible , and take a long time to suck up 

I get we'll still go to the games / have fourth to play for blah blah blah but it will be a kick in the absolute stones and absolute drudgery with nothing remotely exciting to look forward to - again 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hibs dont play through the midfield as much as it gets banded about they played constantly into the channels to run on to at tynie. Id expect them to be more conservative this time but adopt a similar approach. We have players to combat that and now have in theory better balance to attack from. Players would be nice but either way its a close call as to who is favourites on paper. But pumping the hibees is overdue

Nothing else other than a win for me or I think we should really look at CL position within the club as a whole! 

Just now, Baz51 said:

Nothing else other than a win for me or I think we should really look at CL position within the club as a whole! 

Cant tell if joking...

Feel for the Dazzster  he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't . 

Probably been told we were interestedl in signing Naismith and were following up our interest. Reality is that we were miles away from getting the deal over the line and probably still are . 

Still feel we have very little chance of getting a deal done unfortunately. No point having a go at Dazz though , I was happy with the info although i thought there was little chance of getting him . That's what forums are all about , sharing info in good faith imo 

3 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

Thats not an answer to what I replied to your post thats a lets ignore the structured thing you said and say CL oot if we go out to Hibs. Your at it!!!!

Absolute Scenes

Sorry but get stuffed with that

The man pumped Celtic. Folk like you are the problem with the club

9 posts in and already questioning Levein's position at the club.

No, that doesn't look suspicious at all. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why do so many of our attempts at key recruitment drag on (seemingly) for ages and end up not happening while other teams just get deals done. 

Probably because you're not looking for updates every hour when it's another club.

The story broke on Thursday night and it was reported that there were a few things still to negotiate. It's now Tuesday. Not exactly a saga.

maroonlegions
22 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

JKB well and truly for arseholes.

I don’t believe for a second that Dazajambo is at the Ham, but even if he actually was, the amount of folk that get so irate is embarrassing. Perhaps the internet, especially a fans forum, is not for you if you take it that seriously. 

Who you calling a arshole as a proud paying member of JKB. :muggy:

This forum  does so much for charity , gives tickets to less fortunate kids, sponsors  various projects that help Hearts. Remember when we were facing oblivion and entered administration, remember that donation thread, remember that failed Hibs share attempt. 

Seems that your definition of a arsehole seems well outplace on JKB. 

FTH.

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Feel for the Dazzster  he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't . 

Probably been told we were interestedl in signing Naismith and were following up our interest. Reality is that we were miles away from getting the deal over the line and probably still are . 

Still feel we have very little chance of getting a deal done unfortunately. No point having a go at Dazz though , I was happy with the info although i thought there was little chance of getting him . That's what forums are all about , sharing info in good faith imo 

I don’t have an issue with people sharing info. I enjoy it. It’s the dickish behaviour around dangling a carrot about god like status for Levein if midfielder comes off then disappears because he knows he’s created a bit of a frenzy, then sits back and watches on from a distance.

Son Of Anarchy
5 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

:facepalm:

Ian Black saying Romanov 100% picked the team at times. 

Wrong thread, i know, but there's been a lot worse talked about in here!

6 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

You tell em chap........?

maroonlegions
10 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Sportsound starts in 5 mins. I think it's gonna mostly be Ian Black talking about gambling but hopefully we'll get some transfer news...

Would rather it talked about him taking out the Thumb in the 5-1 final and playing that pass for Rudi to slam in the second of FIVE -one rogering in the greatest  game in history. FTH. 

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

9 posts in and already questioning Levein's position at the club.

No, that doesn't look suspicious at all. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

Or spelling Hearts , Hertz thats far more hoborrific

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

for the record its not spelt HERTZ ?

Hibs will be preparing for our "shit pitch"

But they mostly play long or wide 

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Would rather it talked about him taking out the Thumb in the 5-1 final and playing that pass for Rudi to slam in the second of FIVE. FTH. 

He probably will since he's mentioning Romanov ect. 

1 minute ago, Markymark said:

I don’t have an issue with people sharing info. I enjoy it. It’s the dickish behaviour around dangling a carrot about god like status for Levein if midfielder comes off then disappears because he no he’s created a bit of a frenzy, sits back and watches on from a distance.

At the end of the day this mystery top class mid chat is a lot  of Tom Kite . 

Its almost impossible to keep any approach for a player quiet nowadays. You know that and I know that . 

I just laughed that one off as I did the Naismith signing rumour to a certain degree , but I take your point a lot of  it is attention seeking garbage . Harmless all the same . 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Probably because you're not looking for updates every hour when it's another club.

The story broke on Thursday night and it was reported that there were a few things still to negotiate. It's now Tuesday. Not exactly a saga.

Perhaps not but we've had a few recently. Lafferty and Osh to name but two. Obviously these both signed but I still think (and it's a new thing I noticed) that we do seem to have some key signings drag on.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs will be preparing for our "shit pitch"

But they mostly play long or wide 

Exactly , with Cochrane and Djoum Skinny etc we have creativity , Mitchell and Randall as wing backs might well combat that and allow us to dictate possession for once. Its hardly the forgone conclusion many make out on here if we dont sign several new players ?

On Daza being "spot on about Lafferty", was it not him who kept saying he would sign "tomorrow" for days on end? He was spot on eventually I suppose.

Hopefully he signs but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't and decided to go elsewhere. 

After the circus that surrounded the Lafferty negotiations you can only imagine the club will do the very best to keep this one out of the limelight. 

Evidently we were speaking to Berra for a few months and the Lafferty deal took at least 5 days of intense negotiations and both were massive deals for the club. This one is just as big, if not bigger. 

If we are really in for him then it's going to take time. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I know **** all and after two Naismith threads I

still know **** all :lol:

Join the club! (Which is exactly what Naismith may or may not be doing)

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Perhaps not but we've had a few recently. Lafferty and Osh to name but two. Obviously these both signed but I still think (and it's a new thing I noticed) that we do seem to have some key signings drag on.

Oshaniwa signed pretty quickly. It was the work permit that took ages.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

"if Rangers can come up with the money, That's where he will go"

Profound insight.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Exactly , with Cochrane and Djoum Skinny etc we have creativity , Mitchell and Randall as wing backs might well combat that and allow us to dictate possession for once. Its hardly the forgone conclusion many make out on here if we dont sign several new players ?

Agree

If you get on the ball and put them under pressure they are vulnerable 

That's when the mistakes come too and give away soft goals. 

53 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Oops sorry my mobile froze so turned it off. I did not realise that it posted. 

All I was going to say was that I like seeing posts from ITK people who does not like to hear rumours but if they don't happen I won't lose any sleep over it. I would not know Daz if I passed him in the street but I'm happy he is posting what he has heard.  

Agree with that  :thumbsup: 

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Can look at it two ways could be ineptitude , or could be due dillegence to ensure its value for money and its ? the right fit for the club or with long term strategy of coaching etc involved. If the wages are lower you have to sell other aspects. Not saying it is this but its possible. Likewise could be that hibs , Rangers etc are less tight with there wage structure and are willing to throw money they shouldnt be at players.

Contracts can take ages to agree.  Lafferty was really quick though people said it was dragging on. 

If we're involved it's clearly still on as a possibility. 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So daza has down a jayjay and thrown his toys out of the pram? :rofl:

Certainly no toys out the Pram with me. I choose not to post anything I hear anymore and people automatically assumed (Wrongly) I’d lost my “contact at the club”  I just choose to keep it private with the few guys that PM me regularly now. Seeing the hassle Daza is getting here it’s hardly any wonder not too many people say much. I prefer just to chip in with my opinions on other stuff now. A lot of good posters on here but a lot just looking to create conflict when they can. I’m still here tho. Just a bit more quiet Geoff. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Contracts can take ages to agree.  Lafferty was really quick though people said it was dragging on. 

If we're involved it's clearly still on as a possibility. 

Was always very unlikely. Time to cut our losses here, he isn't signing. At least with Lafferty you had a pic of him at Tynecastle, there hasn't even been of them yet

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So daza has down a jayjay and thrown his toys out of the pram? :rofl:

Daza is Jayjay you say?

Interesting.

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived