Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

1 minute ago, Jamdub said:

:spoton:

He always plays on the edge in these games and we all know what can happen with our world class referees. 

Agree

McGinn dived but Lafferty has caught a few players with his elbows 

It's fine he misses this one 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If this 6 month loan thing is true I hope we have 1st dibs on him in the summer.

I would doubt it.

21 minutes ago, Faldo said:

I believe Naismith has agreed a 6 month loan deal with us. Back in Norwich tomorrow to sort out a few things. All being well will be unveiled on Thursday. ITK. Fantastic piece of business by CL

Splendid news.  Perhaps a new thread should be started with this so that we don't have to wade through inane drivel.

south morocco
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Splendid news.  Perhaps a new thread should be started with this so that we don't have to wade through inane drivel.

Yes, great idea!

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

So explain further how you think the team is the same under CL as Cathro and i like howyou ignore my reply to your original mesaage.

As I said earlier certainly have improved!! Berra and McLaughlin make all the difference from last season. And I never said we were the same team under cathro I said we set up the same!!  There’s no urgency going forward, pass the ball side ways as we did under cathro, no width, still ***** about at the back at times!! 

Wtf is going on with this thread? I only came on to see if the Naismith deal was any closer to being done can jayjay(nice to see you back mate) Notts or Daza give me an update ?

14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

For all the 4-6-0 and assorted other negative pish spouted about Levein, he is respected by those in the game with an iota of common sense.

Not always the most likeable but hey ho, people of a winning mentality usually aren't.

More of a not losing mentality but I take your point.

33 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

Good mate from Stewarton, his wifes brother is Naisys best mate. Asked him last week and told me it was just rumours.

Just text to say hes signed

I’m stiff again?

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

As I said earlier certainly have improved!! Berra and McLaughlin make all the difference from last season. And I never said we were the same team under cathro I said we set up the same!!  There’s no urgency going forward, pass the ball side ways as we did under cathro, no width, still ***** about at the back at times!! 

Sorry, but that is garbage.

23 minutes ago, Faldo said:

I believe Naismith has agreed a 6 month loan deal with us. Back in Norwich tomorrow to sort out a few things. All being well will be unveiled on Thursday. ITK. Fantastic piece of business by CL

In baws deep right away. Brave!

ps....please do the hibs Mr Levein. 

17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If this 6 month loan thing is true I hope we have 1st dibs on him in the summer.

Will be signing for his home town team in the summer (probably)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If it is a loan we can but pray he enjoys himself and stays beyond the summer. 

Cracking player to get. In amongst the tomfoolery I believe most folk have been hooked on the thread for the potential Naismith brings beyond just a player 

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

In baws deep right away. Brave!

ps....please do the hibs Mr Levein. 

Don’t mention baws on here

Daz’s are hanging by a thread 

Looks like Daza and Notts might deserve a bit more respect and possibly an apology or two on this one. 

6 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Sorry, but that is garbage.

Respect your opinion mate but apart from the Celtic game do you honestly think we are good to watch going forward! All these clean sheets but not able to create enough going forward!! Biggest thing is recruitment and that stands with one man!

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Looks like Daza and Notts might deserve a bit more respect and possibly an apology or two on this one. 

Fat chance from utter bellends on here.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

If and its a big IF he has come on loan it would be a crap move not to have an option on him.

Let's worry about the big if first.

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Fat chance from utter bellends on here.

Got a feeling I’m millimetres away from a seat on the sidelines, so couldn’t possibly comment.

Just catchin up and it now appears that there are dudes tellin us Naismith has signed...in their very first post?

Nut. No havin that. I cannie. Even although I'd love to believe it, I cannie pin my hopes on a random who's very first post tells us he's signed. And what's more surprising is seeing respected posters givin this 'news' the time of day. Any port in a storm boys eh??

Id love to be proven wrong here, but my first thought is BS. suppose we'll see tho...

3 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

Respect your opinion mate but apart from the Celtic game do you honestly think we are good to watch going forward! All these clean sheets but not able to create enough going forward!! Biggest thing is recruitment and that stands with one man!

Yes we need to address our scoring problem. But your conclusions are also not hitting the mark. Isma was roundly welcomed by all as a great signing. Lafferty was seen as a great signing. Milinkovic many think is a great signing. Hardly a recruitment problem. More a confidence thing. It will get better like the rest of the team. 

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

If and its a big IF he has come on loan it would be a crap move not to have an option on him.

Indeed , surely that would be a pre-requisite of any loan deal. I’m still in the big IF place with this though. Especially with a lot of the random posters who have appeared today or posted first time but cant spell Hearts. 

Fingers crossed though...

6 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

Thought we were excellent going forward against Dundee and Motherwell at Tynecastle and against Aberdeen at Murrayfield 

If Naismith signs a 6 month loan and when he sees what we are trying to do with the academy set up, the new stand and the welcome he would get, it will be a no-brainer and when he scores the winner on Sunday he will congratulate himself on making the right decision and ramming it up the vermin.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Levein is going for good players. Now and he will in summer also. 

Quality over quantity. Why we have declined a couple this winter. Yeah we need back up but not at premium price 

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, capital city said:

Yes we need to address our scoring problem. But your conclusions are also not hitting the mark. Isma was roundly welcomed by all as a great signing. Lafferty was seen as a great signing. Milinkovic many think is a great signing. Hardly a recruitment problem. More a confidence thing. It will get better like the rest of the team. 

Cheers, mate, saves me the bother of replying. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just catchin up and it now appears that there are dudes tellin us Naismith has signed...in their very first post?

Nut. No havin that. I cannie. Even although I'd love to believe it, I cannie pin my hopes on a random who's very first post tells us he's signed. And what's more surprising is seeing respected posters givin this 'news' the time of day. Any port in a storm boys eh??

Id love to be proven wrong here, but my first thought is BS. suppose we'll see tho...

One of them has been on here for over 10years with good donations though I see....

4 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Not the only person

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Cheers, mate, saves me the bother of replying. :thumbsup:

No bother. There's enough nonsense on this thread without this. 

2 minutes ago, Fandango said:

One of them has been on here for over 10years with good donations though I see....

I've only skimmed through the last couple of pages and seen this newbie mentioning he said signed. Must've missed the other boy sayin it too. Fair enough. 

Still, a new poster comin in straight off the bat with news like that is suss as **** tho surely? ??

i wish jj was my dad
42 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Levein is going for good players. Now and he will in summer also. 

Of course he is.  He's a terrific manager and well respected in the game.  We're really lucky to have him.

3 minutes ago, Fandango said:

Noticed that as well.    It actually gave me a half-Piper.

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

Will be signing for his home town team in the summer (probably)

Brilliant. So we get him match fit just in time to go there.

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

I've only skimmed through the last couple of pages and seen this newbie mentioning he said signed. Must've missed the other boy sayin it too. Fair enough. 

Still, a new poster comin in straight off the bat with news like that is suss as **** tho surely? ??

Because only people with thousands of posts can only possibly hear things, know people associated with the club or players we are trying to sign?

portobellojambo1

I think I'll just wait and see what unfolds. This may happen it may not, but it will be a very positive signing/loan spell if it does go ahead. There is also another thread in which from memory (I haven't looked at it since lunch time) some are suggesting that Lafferty may leave (although at the time I was reading it seemed the only source of the information was some guy in Australia). I don't think there is the remotest possibility that Lafferty will be released during this window, unless he has asked to leave, and again I doubt that.

It is one of those sort of threads where I don't think anyone other than Craig Levein (and Steven Naismith) really know the truth, and until one of those two make it known what the end result is going to be it looks as if it will just be a number of posts with some saying he is coming and other saying they don't think it will happen ( I know that is how the board works generally, but hey ho).

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Thought we were excellent going forward against Dundee and Motherwell at Tynecastle and against Aberdeen at Murrayfield 

Drew 0-0 at Murrayfeild, what about away to Dundee, home to killie, Partick,Ross county, Hamilton........?

5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I was surprised too TBH but sometimes u just gotta believe Sifter 

8 minutes ago, capital city said:

Players that are playing out of position as were playing a system they werent brought in for. An unbalanced side , lacking in confidence and struggling for fitness due to a poor previous manager. All these take time to right. We are lacking goals from outside the strikers which is unusual for a hearts team. Even with just mitchell there is a massive potential to improve our forward momentum in games

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think I'll just wait and see what unfolds. This may happen it may not, but it will be a very positive signing/loan spell if it does go ahead. There is also another thread in which from memory (I haven't looked at it since lunch time) some are suggesting that Lafferty may leave (although at the time I was reading it seemed the only source of the information was some guy in Australia. I don't think there is the remotest posibility that Lafferty will be released during this window, unless he has asked to leave, and again I doubt that.

It is one of those sort of threads where I don't think anyone other than Craig Levein (and Steven Naismith) really know the truth, and until one of those two make it known what the end result is going to be it looks as if it will just be a number of posts with some saying he is coming and other saying they don't think it will happen ( I know that is how the board works generally, but hey ho).

Lafferty tweeted that it was nonsense

maroonplatoon87

A loan move isn't ideal but saves money on a transfer fee, which could be used for another new additions wages 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think I'll just wait and see what unfolds. This may happen it may not, but it will be a very positive signing/loan spell if it does go ahead. There is also another thread in which from memory (I haven't looked at it since lunch time) some are suggesting that Lafferty may leave (although at the time I was reading it seemed the only source of the information was some guy in Australia. I don't think there is the remotest posibility that Lafferty will be released during this window, unless he has asked to leave, and again I doubt that.

Bang on. 

What if the wife doesn't fancy it in the morning?

I will get warmer when he rocks up in Edinburgh.

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived