Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Exactly this. Better to like the idea of signing a fantastic player but treat it with a dose of scepticism until the actual signature happens.

Surely there is being sceptical then there is being downright dismissive. We all have aspirations to dominate the world of football but we all know thats highly unlikely. To have a positive or fun vibe about what might be or to pass the time isnt a bad thing. The abuse people get for passing crumbs however is and usually leads to inane babble to distract from the negativity and trolling that occurs rather than structured debate and were left with a crap experience that then discourages people from contributing.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Surely there is being sceptical then there is being downright dismissive. We all have aspirations to dominate the world of football but we all know thats highly unlikely. To have a positive or fun vibe about what might be or to pass the time isnt a bad thing. The abuse people get for passing crumbs however is and usually leads to inane babble to distract from the negativity and trolling that occurs rather than structured debate and were left with a crap experience that then discourages people from contributing.

Who is being dismissive? I love these threads when people take them so seriously and get wound up on either side of the info. It is one of the best things about the transfer window system.

That said, ruining a thread with random pictures of women was quite pathetic so I was glad the Mods did something about that one.

4 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Lafferty on twiter

Not sure where all this moving talk has come from. I’m going knowhere and as iv stated before I hope I am with @JamTarts for a very long time. I am not looking to move anywhere and if something does come around I will leave it up to hearts to decide my future.

15 replies42 retweets155 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Top man Kyle - nice to see someone who appreciates what the club is doing for him.

Just a total shame he is suspended for Sunday.He is the type you want in the trenches.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Lafferty on twiter

Not sure where all this moving talk has come from. I’m going knowhere and as iv stated before I hope I am with @JamTarts for a very long time. I am not looking to move anywhere and if something does come around I will leave it up to hearts to decide my future.

Retweet

Direct message

Well done to him. Leaving on good terms. I've maybe read to much into that last sentence

If things keep developing at Norwich Naismith might must end up staying there.Jerome has just left and Tottenham are seemingly about to bid for Maddison

9 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Lafferty on twiter

Retweet

Direct message

Quality. Love the big fellas effort 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

If things keep developing at Norwich Naismith might must end up staying there.Jerome has just left and Tottenham are seemingly about to bid for Maddison

Elvis P and Darren Murray must be delighted with the progress Maddison is making, they gave him a great platform and both speak very highly of the lad too 

...a bit disco

Ruining?

:lol:

The ****ing state of this thread as well.

1 hour ago, Gavman81 said:

Appreciate this - however three consecutive defeats in the Cup , having dramatically/ poorly planned for the Jan window each time will be terrible , and take a long time to suck up 

I get we'll still go to the games / have fourth to play for blah blah blah but it will be a kick in the absolute stones and absolute drudgery with nothing remotely exciting to look forward to - again 

Not doubting that losing would be appalling but I think it's bound to be a tight game and I think we have a decent  chance. 

As regards the January window I don't think anyone really plans for this short of lining up out of contract players for the summer.  It's always reactive and the teams doing most business generally have the most panic about them. 

Just now, Jamos said:

Elvis P and Darren Murray must be delighted with the progress Maddison is making, they gave him a great platform and both speak very highly of the lad too 

Aye just read Norwich don't want to.lose him so will demand £20m+ for him.

Just now, Jamos said:

He looked a cracking player at Aberdeen 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

People don't actually believe that posting something here can in any way jeopardise a potential signing?

We may not announce much about who we are talking to but players agents will be whoring them to anyone who will listen. 

16 minutes ago, andydog said:

I'm fairly confident that we will have a signing or 2 this week as I just don't think CL would say so openly that he hopes to get players in this week if things weren't close.

I'm hopeful SN is signed but the lack of usual media suspects commenting on it makes me wonder how much of a possibility there is. Hearts do try and keep things quiet however so that keeps me hopeful.

Your right. But a new face especially one of Naismiths experience and ability would give the players and fans a huge lift.... 

3 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

People don't actually believe that posting something here can in any way jeopardise a potential signing?

We may not announce much about who we are talking to but players agents will be whoring them to anyone who will listen. 

Correct 

1 minute ago, jayjay said:

Oaft your taking a chance posting that.. ??

Good mate from Stewarton, his wifes brother is Naisys best mate. Asked him last week and told me it was just rumours.

Just text to say hes signed

Coburg Hearts
34 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

There has been improvement totally agree mate but cmon it isn’t hard to improve to what we were watching end of last season start of this!! See the way we set up under CL is it that much different to under cathro!!

Did you think with 51 in your username no one would suss you as a hobo? 

Just now, dryJTlaw said:

Good mate from Stewarton, his wifes brother is Naisys best mate. Asked him last week and told me it was just rumours.

Nervous ?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

just heard deal is done, 6 month loan

I heard the same. 

I didn't really but if it comes off I will delete this line. 

?

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

THESE RATS ARE VERY CLEVER

3 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

You don’t need to explain to me Mate. I believe that’s the info you have. 

Rudi Hates Hibees
23 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Lafferty on twiter

Retweet

Direct message

:yas:

2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Think what you want bud!! Only my opinion!

Coburg Hearts
23 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Lafferty on twiter

Retweet

Direct message

Great news. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Your right. But a new face especially one of Naismiths experience and ability would give the players and fans a huge lift.... 

Very much so but even making a play for someone of his stature is a positive thing as we grow and move forward

I believe Naismith has agreed a 6 month loan deal with us. Back in Norwich tomorrow to sort out a few things. All being well will be unveiled on Thursday. ITK. Fantastic piece of business by CL

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Pictures of that please.   Drawings will do.

Drawings my arse, pictures please

1 minute ago, Faldo said:

I believe Naismith has agreed a 6 month loan deal with us. Back in Norwich tomorrow to sort out a few things. All being well will be unveiled on Thursday. ITK. Fantastic piece of business by CL

Is that you Craig?

Well done!

2 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

Think what you want bud!! Only my opinion!

So explain further how you think the team is the same under CL as Cathro and i like howyou ignore my reply to your original mesaage.

20 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Top man Kyle - nice to see someone who appreciates what the club is doing for him.

Just a total shame he is suspended for Sunday.He is the type you want in the trenches.

I like him and I want him to stay, however in the "big" games he has been on the edge of getting into bother. I appreciate that that is his game but we don't need to be giving refs an excuse. We'll miss him but I think there is a danger with him at times. (Like Aberdeen). 

• Moderators

This is a final warning for those who have had several posts deleted over the last few pages of this thread. Please stay on topic. The vast majority of people haven’t clicked on this thread to read in-jokes or thread content theory. It’s entertaining and of interest only to a very small number of posters. The mod squad have spent too much time on this thread as it is. Any further posting behaviour of this type will incur warning points. Move on please. 

6 minutes ago, Faldo said:

impressive first post -  I wish mine was as insightful :) Good news tho...

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Very much so but even making a play for someone of his stature is a positive thing as we grow and move forward

Levein is going for good players. Now and he will in summer also. 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Big boost to everyone including the youngsters

1 minute ago, jayjay said:

Levein is going for good players. Now and he will in summer also. 

I have no doubt of that , one conversation with him you can see him passion for Hearts and tell the footballing brain he has.

...a bit disco
Just now, jayjay said:

Levein is courting good players. 

For all the 4-6-0 and assorted other negative pish spouted about Levein, he is respected by those in the game with an iota of common sense.

Not always the most likeable but hey ho, people of a winning mentality usually aren't.

Can there be a separate thread ‘the anything goes thread, and Stevie Naismith’.

Hopefully we can strike this deal as would be a massive signing but still have my doubts, scarf above head or top under nipples pic then I will believe it ?? 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Good thread lads?

Ah your here .thank god. Wondered where you had got to. Thank god your okay. So......this deadline Naismith was given.......when is it expiring ?  Only I asked you a couple of times to clarify for these good people and you were a bit shy about answering . 

2 minutes ago, Pagey said:

impressive first post -  I wish mine was as insightful :) Good news tho...

Thank you. It is indeed very good news hence why I felt the need to pop my cherry on here. ??

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I like him and I want him to stay, however in the "big" games he has been on the edge of getting into bother. I appreciate that that is his game but we don't need to be giving refs an excuse. We'll miss him but I think there is a danger with him at times. (Like Aberdeen). 

:spoton:

He always plays on the edge in these games and we all know what can happen with our world class referees. 

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived