Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

1 minute ago, capital city said:

Because only people with thousands of posts can only possibly hear things, know people associated with the club or players we are trying to sign?

Naw? dunno why you'd draw that conclusion from my post tbh. 

Doesnae matter, que sera sera n aw that??

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Cheers, mate, saves me the bother of replying. :thumbsup:

Why bring a Dutch striker over for a trial in January who wasn’t good enough for a team in Vietnam also think you have forgotten about last january signings!! 

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think I'll just wait and see what unfolds. This may happen it may not, but it will be a very positive signing/loan spell if it does go ahead. There is also another thread in which from memory (I haven't looked at it since lunch time) some are suggesting that Lafferty may leave (although at the time I was reading it seemed the only source of the information was some guy in Australia). I don't think there is the remotest possibility that Lafferty will be released during this window, unless he has asked to leave, and again I doubt that.

It is one of those sort of threads where I don't think anyone other than Craig Levein (and Steven Naismith) really know the truth, and until one of those two make it known what the end result is going to be it looks as if it will just be a number of posts with some saying he is coming and other saying they don't think it will happen ( I know that is how the board works generally, but hey ho).

Was going to pm you but not got any messages left until tomorrow. Will pm then.

5 minutes ago, capital city said:

Because only people with thousands of posts can only possibly hear things, know people associated with the club or players we are trying to sign?

This guy gets it ??

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Be a bit disappointed if its only a 6 month loan. 

Not even sure I see the point in it.

Hibs. Sunday. Scottish Cup. 

57 minutes ago, Faldo said:

I believe Naismith has agreed a 6 month loan deal with us. Back in Norwich tomorrow to sort out a few things. All being well will be unveiled on Thursday. ITK. Fantastic piece of business by CL

You joined the week before the 5-1 cup final game and never posted anything till tonight, very strange 

4 minutes ago, Faldo said:

I was surprised too TBH but sometimes u just gotta believe Sifter 

**** it, just spent a senni on a rake of these. I'll be dishin them oot at the turnstiles if this comes off mate ?

IMG_2204.JPG

2 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

Drew 0-0 at Murrayfeild, what about away to Dundee, home to killie, Partick,Ross county, Hamilton........?

You obv weren't at the Aberdeen game , I've gave you 3 examples and you yourself gave the Celtic game . Apart from the derby where both teams were utter garbage our last 3 home games have been positive attacking wise . Certainly moving in the right direction after shoring up the defence . 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why bring a Dutch striker over for a trial in January who wasn’t good enough for a team in Vietnam also think you have forgotten about last january signings!! 

We have had countless trialists in over the years. There is no harm in taking a closer look at someone who might fit what you need. Osman Sow was a trialist after all.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Brilliant. So we get him match fit just in time to go there.

I think you will find out that he is one of the fittest players if he joins, who is a proper professional football player and good human being who does not just think of number one with his various charity work as well as appreciating where he came from and giving something back to the community.

Some of last Januarys signings were class players. Either not suited to the Scottish game or Cathro failed to get the most out of them. Who had heard of De Vries before he came over?

1 minute ago, theshed said:

You joined the week before the 5-1 cup final game and never posted anything till tonight, very strange 

I was always taught only speak when you’ve got something worth saying??

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You obv weren't at the Aberdeen game , I've gave you 3 examples and you yourself gave the Celtic game . Apart from the derby where both teams were utter garbage our last 3 home games have been positive attacking wise . Certainly moving in the right direction after shoring up the defence . 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We have had countless trialists in over the years. There is no harm in taking a closer look at someone who might fit what you need. Osman Sow was a trialist after all.

Both spot on... Were vastly different now to where we were in August and continually improving. 

2 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

I think you will find out that he is one of the fittest players if he joins, who is a proper professional football player and good human being who does not just think of number one with his various charity work as well as appreciating where he came from and giving something back to the community.

There's a difference from being fit(and I know he's one of the fittest players) and match fit.  He's hardly kicked a ball outside u23 games all season.

3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

**** it, just spent a senni on a rake of these. I'll be dishin them oot at the turnstiles if this comes off mate ?

IMG_2204.JPG

?? That’s the spirit

Normally I would think its all smoke and mirrors .cos I think the club keep most things under the radar.This time they approached Norwich so the interest is serious.

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I still remember Osman Sow's first attempt at goal in a Hearts shirt Geoff. Was a friendly away at East Fife and we got a free kick in the penalty area D, which Osman took and it just about took out the corner flag. Things got a lot better from there on in.

There's a difference from being fit(and I know he's one of the fittest players) and match fit.  He's hardly kicked a ball outside u23 games all season.

So that would be a burden lining up against that mob on Sunday, get a feckin' grip.

He would give the whole place a huge lift and the vermin a severe humping.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Some of last Januarys signings were class players. Either not suited to the Scottish game or Cathro failed to get the most out of them. Who had heard of De Vries before he came over?

Only Martin and Hughes are still there from January and 1s 38 and always injured and the other can’t get a game! Who sanctions these signings!! And honestly do you think cathro wanted the signings! My point with de kogel is surly the scouts have done there homework on him and don’t need to bring him over for a trial a week before a derby!

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, Baz51 said:

Nothing else other than a win for me or I think we should really look at CL position within the club as a whole! 

True colours oot. IMO.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

In over pre season not half way through a January window!

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

So if he,s only playing U23 games does that not count?

So Cochrane and Macdonald could'nt have been fit having only played academy level games?

A game is  a game surely!!

i wish jj was my dad

1 minute ago, norrie1952 said:

Normally I would think its all smoke and mirrors .cos I think the club keep most things under the radar.This time they approached Norwich so the interest is serious.

I'm on this page. This regime is particularly good at keeping things in house until they have something concrete to tell us which i suspect is one of the reasons for CL's unpopularity. 

Given that CL won't comment suggests to me that we are pretty close to a deal Regardless of whether we get him in the end the club should be applauded for giving it their best shot. Fingers crossed it comes off.

SuperstarSteve

I hope your genuine Faldo mate, no reason to believe you aren’t but... my god! What a rollercoaster couple days it’s been on here, Please let it be true :) 

To save me sifting... which posters have claimed the deals on?

Faldo and...?

Will base the extent of my stauner on this info

2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

True colours oot. IMO.

Do you think I’m the only hearts fan that thinks this??

1 minute ago, Baz51 said:

Only Martin and Hughes are still there from January and 1s 38 and always injured and the other can’t get a game! Who sanctions these signings!! And honestly do you think cathro wanted the signings! My point with de kogel is surly the scouts have done there homework on him and don’t need to bring him over for a trial a week before a derby!

No I think Cathro wanted to play his way with the players that played as Robbie had them playing. Im sure your at the wind up the points yoir making are surely rhetorical you can’t actually think that. 

Kogel is like any other player we will do due dilegence and they have to compliment the guys here ie have the correct attitude value etc. Weve made mistakes and its been noted. Aside from that im not sure it would class as a trial

We have trialists in regularly throughout the year. 

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Faldo and...?

Pretty sure just Faldo mate

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If this 6 month loan thing is true I hope we have 1st dibs on him in the summer.

We might be lucky and get 'sloppy seconds' !

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm on this page. This regime is particularly good at keeping things in house until they have something concrete to tell us which i suspect is one of the reasons for CL's unpopularity. 

Given that CL won't comment suggests to me that we are pretty close to a deal Regardless of whether we get him in the end the club should be applauded for giving it their best shot. Fingers crossed it comes off.

Me too ,we can only hope.I think it would be a very good signing

6 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

So that would be a burden lining up against that mob on Sunday, get a feckin' grip.

He would give the whole place a huge lift and the vermin a severe humping.

I'm not saying that and my grip is just fine.  Would love him here but on a permanent basis.  Is it wrong to voice my opinion.  Oh I forgot , it's kickback of course it fecking is, silly me.

Just now, sadj said:

We have trialists in regularly throughout the year. 

Yes but he was in Vietnam and then over here!! Still under contract with his club!

30 minutes ago, Fandango said:

One of them has been on here for over 10years with good donations though I see....

one of them, ****in jeezo :P

One of them has been on here for over 10years with good donations though I see....

one of them,  jeezo :P

one of them!,  jeezo :P

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Be a bit disappointed if its only a 6 month loan. 

Not even sure I see the point in it.

Not my choice, but gets us to the summer were there are richer pickings.

January isn't great.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Pretty sure just Faldo mate

1 hour ago, dryJTlaw said:

just heard deal is done, 6 month loan

Good mate from Stewarton, his wifes brother is Naisys best mate. Asked him last week and told me it was just rumours.

Just text to say hes signed

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

So what? Miko and Chesney were trialists from a January window if you want a different example.

10 minutes ago, Baz51 said:

Maybe he and his family wanted to take a look at us before committing. 

just heard deal is done, 6 month loan

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Faldo and...?

Stauner-ometer on the up ?

I'm not saying that and my grip is just fine.  Would love him here but on a permanent basis.  Is it wrong to voice my opinion.  Oh I forgot , it's kickback of course it fecking is, silly me.

I think although there is a difference in level Naismith is a player who is by all accounts a consumate professional so if someone would be close to up to speed for the derby it would be him. Ideal maybe not but doable...yes

If he comes which is where we are still at permanent would be preferable but even til june what he could bring to the youngsters could be invaluable

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

No I think Cathro wanted to play his way with the players that played as Robbie had them playing. Im sure your at the wind up the points yoir making are surely rhetorical you can’t actually think that. 

Kogel is like any other player we will do due dilegence and they have to compliment the guys here ie have the correct attitude value etc. Weve made mistakes and its been noted. Aside from that im not sure it would class as a trial

Cathro certainly didn’t try play the same way as neilson and if I’m no mistaken a large group of supporters wanted neilson out too!

Just now, Baz51 said:

Cathro certainly didn’t try play the same way as neilson and if I’m no mistaken a large group of supporters wanted neilson out too!

Mate its like changing the goalposts with every post you make. Not one coherent sensible argument from your side. Your all over the place. You asked if Cathro wanted those players. I was making the point he obv did because we changed a lot of players and he got ones in he wanted for his style.

neilson from about December the year before he left wasnt progressing us. We were second going on fourth when he left. 

Some chose to vocalise that dislike. You cant please everyone. Some want Levein some don’t. Some wanted Davies... others want AB out. 

i wish jj was my dad

You are mistaken. Some noisy bams couldn't forgive him for losing to the shite. That's all. 

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

We might be lucky and get 'sloppy seconds' !

It would be nice to find the club growson naismith and he stays longer( assuming he comes at all).

6 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

one of them!,  jeezo :P

Didnt realise youd said aswell apolgies. Hopefully that adds enough credence to make it true 

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived