The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, cocobeab said:

Two names from Wikipedia De Kogel or Langedijk

Langdick??? - bet the lad's got a swagger about him !!;)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elias Henry Furst
25 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Walker deal was done today.

Walker deal was done 2 days ago.

Just now, Elias Henry Furst said:

Walker deal was done 2 days ago.

Could well have been........just finished the medical today after getting a new knee though ?

Mitchell seems (from a quick Google, admittedly) to be well thought of at Man Utd. If it was him it'd be an end of season loan surely, then look for someone permanent in the summer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So recap from last night

Walker gone

Goncalves one foot out of the door but a profit expected 

6ft 4 Dutch striker approach

Man Utd left back on loan presumed

Bid made for a Swiss winger. Should be able to put in a cross unless he is a chocolate. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Right foot like a ****ed Toblerone. :(

Anyone got any inkling about available Swiss wingers...?

None whatsoever. He might make kniving runs though and great timing into the box.

Shaqiri? Roger Federer got a younger brother? My knowledge of Switzerland is very much limited 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sure someone will get all Poirot, & get right on that.

Nah think he was from Belgium mate :whistling:

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

None whatsoever. He might make kniving runs though and great timing into the box.

Shaqiri? Roger Federer got a younger brother? My knowledge of Switzerland is very much limited 

If hes got a national flag tattoo that’d be a big plus

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, dumpson said:

Is it a Swiss winger or a winger playing in Switzerland though ??

Leeds United got useful Alioski from the same league also a winger 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Either way, seems we’re after a Swinger.

Online dating thread crossover?

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Murphy failed his medical? 

Not flown with rest of squad and according to the sun his move is now a £2m one......heap of shite.

Sure sevco are paying 2m.

letsalldothebeattie

Just seen some of the stuff about a Man Utd left back coming in on loan. Would like it to be Demi Mitchell the boys a class act. He has a load of pace and can cross a ball well. Made a very impressive first team debut on the last day of last season. Would be a great addition if possible. 

Whats this about Isma leaving? Seen a few things on twitter saying expected he will be leaving sometime soon. 

11 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Would like it to be Demi Mitchell the boys a class act. He has a load of pace and can cross a ball well. Made a very impressive first team debut on the last day of last season. Would be a great addition if possible. 

Won't be Mitchell he is a forward

Hope the recruitment goes up a level.  With rumours of Walker and Isma away that means at least 2 starters needed to stand still.  Think that since Cathro was sacked we signed Cowie, Callachan and Milinkovic.  We'll need more quality than them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, brux said:

Converted to left back I read last night 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, dumpson said:

Is it a Swiss winger or a winger playing in Switzerland though ??

the text dazjambo put up said winger from Switzerland, so could be either.

11 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hope the recruitment goes up a level.  With rumours of Walker and Isma away that means at least 2 starters needed to stand still.  Think that since Cathro was sacked we signed Cowie, Callachan and Milinkovic.  We'll need more quality than them.

Cowie was signed Jan 2016, a year before the 'Cathro Experiment' started

Just now, Musemic said:

Cowie was signed Jan 2016, a year before the 'Cathro Experiment' started

He was offered an extension by the club while we had no manager.

47 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Whats this about Isma leaving? Seen a few things on twitter saying expected he will be leaving sometime soon. 

Isma is one of the highest earners, something going on behind scenes. We all know if a player doesn't work hard Levien will want rid. I heard in early december we wanted rid but now it seems he wants to go aswell. Turned down an offer from a romanian side, hearts are offering him to clubs and China (for cash reasons) is a route we are exploring but he isn't wanted here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Switzerland under 21 team have a guy called Djibril Sow. 

I am going down the route of incredible coincidences  :lol:

letsalldothebeattie
44 minutes ago, brux said:

He’s a left back at United 

SaughtonJambo

Watched Mitchell when Man U were in America for pre season. He'd be an excellent signing till end of the season 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

the text dazjambo put up said winger from Switzerland, so could be either.

correction it is notts post 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

correction it is notts post 

Correct! I have sent a few PM's regarding it but Notts is more ahead in this one. I got told yesterday a winger in Switzerland but thats all I know at this stage.

In regards to the man U left back. I would be amazed if it turned out to be Mitchell, he has been involved in 1st team squad all season. I'd love it to be him but i think us looking into the u23's squad is more realistic. I don't have a name yet but I wouldn't get too excited over Mitchell until someone gets a name. 

letsalldothebeattie
30 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Isma is one of the highest earners, something going on behind scenes. We all know if a player doesn't work hard Levien will want rid. I heard in early december we wanted rid but now it seems he wants to go aswell. Turned down an offer from a romanian side, hearts are offering him to clubs and China (for cash reasons) is a route we are exploring but he isn't wanted here.

Well if he wants to go then let him go. Don’t want players in the squad who don’t want to be here

jamboinglasgow
Just now, sadj said:

Anyone translate. All i saw was Edinburgh

basically he is in the final stages of negotiating with a club from Edinburgh. Did not go on his clubs training camp. And any loan will only be 6 months.

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Dont think we have the finance right now to compete.

Disagree.

Walkers fee and Isma should he leave (fee and wages) means we very much have the finance to compete.

Whether we choose to is another matter.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

basically he is in the final stages of negotiating with a club from Edinburgh. Did not go on his clubs training camp. And any loan will only be 6 months.

Thank You

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Surely much as we are funding a stand aswell our budget will be almost similar to Hibs. Off the top my head they have Stokes , Whittaker , Ambrose and Lennons wages which will not be cheap.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Do Hibs need another winger?

Just now, RussAsia said:

Do Hibs need another winger?

Probs considering we kicked all their players off the park and have given them so many injuries ?

Though did someone not say this boy is a striker / no10 type

siegementality
6 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

And hibs do? Hmmm.

JamboCampbell

We clearly have the finances to compete outside Rangers and Celtic

fully expect Mclaren to join Hearts this weekend

GorgieRules22

From looking at that article it seems that he's negotiating a deal with an Edinburgh club. Why do

people jump to the conclusion that it's Hibs ? Every chance he might just be joining us with finances now in place.

43 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Correct! I have sent a few PM's regarding it but Notts is more ahead in this one. I got told yesterday a winger in Switzerland but thats all I know at this stage.

In regards to the man U left back. I would be amazed if it turned out to be Mitchell, he has been involved in 1st team squad all season. I'd love it to be him but i think us looking into the u23's squad is more realistic. I don't have a name yet but I wouldn't get too excited over Mitchell until someone gets a name. 

Ullapool a hotbed of Hearts rumours apparently. ?

keep them coming is it gives us something to ruminate/argue over. ?

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

From looking at that article it seems that he's negotiating a deal with an Edinburgh club. Why do

people jump to the conclusion that it's Hibs ? Every chance he might just be joining us with finances now in place.

Person ?

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He did speak to us but we cooled our interest. He spoke to Hibs who are very keen and offered  more than us.

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

He did speak to us but we cooled our interest. He spoke to Hibs who are very keen and offered  more than us.

You must know the player ?

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Well see if you’d said you were ITK on the situation we’d of been able to respond more rationally 

14 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Well if he wants to go then let him go. Don’t want players in the squad who don’t want to be here

Exactly. With a number of good young prospects in the 1st team squad now the last thing they need is players who are giving them the wrong ideas.

CL will be well aware of that and probably glad that he has experienced players around that train well such as  Berra and Cowie.

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Well see if you’d said you were ITK on the situation we’d of been able to respond more rationally 

I get people hearing certain things but I don't think there's any chance you can know what we offered the player and what Hibs offered without knowing the player.

Archived