The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Converted to left back I read last night 

He was known as a good potential young forward with eye for a goal tipped to do well in the game, young enough to change position I suppose.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most important thing is that we don't rush into making poor decisions / signings. I'd rather we didn't sign anyone than make a bad choice / pay too much for someone. The Hibs Scottish cup game should have no bearing on our signing policy. It's a huge ask for non Scottish signings to make man of the match winning performances in their debut. Keep the faith.

Two weeks to the Derby and we need

Left back

Forward

Attacking mid

Winger

Hearts just have to get this right and soon 

I have a horrible feeling that we're going to be moving into the week of the game completely unprepared - like we did with the 2-2 game and Europe 

5 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

The most important thing is that we don't rush into making poor decisions / signings. I'd rather we didn't sign anyone than make a bad choice / pay too much for someone. The Hibs Scottish cup game should have no bearing on our signing policy. It's a huge ask for non Scottish signings to make man of the match winning performances in their debut. Keep the faith.

Sorry but the Hibs game should have a massive bearing on our signing policy this year, we are so short due to injury, we’ve probably lost Walker, talk of Isma wanting away and we’re waiting on an appeal hearing for Lafferty and this before a game that WILL shape our season. As someone has already pointed out that even before injuries our management knew we are short in a few positions.

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry but the Hibs game should have a massive bearing on our signing policy this year, we are so short due to injury, we’ve probably lost Walker, talk of Isma wanting away and we’re waiting on an appeal hearing for Lafferty and this before a game that WILL shape our season. As someone has already pointed out that even before injuries our management knew we are short in a few positions.

It's a big game but you can't make signings based on one game. Even if we do sign a left back, winger and striker it would be a huge ask / risk throwing them all into a derby for their debut. Granted if we sign a forward we might not have a choice with Lafferty suspended and Isma potentially away.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

From my You Tube scouting I would take the big Dutch lad Leon De Kogel over Jamie McLaren.

De Kongel can take a free kick too. Useful now that Walker's away

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It’s well known Dermott Desmond decided to go after Brendan Rogers after the behaviour of Rangers staff and directors after the semi final in 2016

And you won’t convince me some of the decisions made at ER are fuelled by Rod Petries utter contempt for all things Hearts

even if they are, we shouldn't be getting involved in such pettiness and shouldn't sign players just as a leveller to  piss hibs off as the poster suggested.

Bazzas right boot

There's allot of pant wetting started.

Hopefully those involved got plenty of new  panties in their xmas stockings so they can keep things fresh throughout the entire year, It's only the 6th January. 3 days of  the  year not that were not weekends and/or bank holidays.

In other words-

Image result for be cool

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Cracking name too.

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Certainly looks like he would be an upgrade on Stockton but we need to play with a bit of width if he is our new striker to get the most out of him.

If we can’t afford McLarens wages I doubt Hibs can

They lost out on Scougal because they only offered him 1500 a week

fabienleclerq

"pant wetters" is awful patter.

Two weeks until our biggest game of the season, we've been short in certain positions for several windows and they've yet to be addressed. 

Nothing to do with panicking or pant wetting, it's been a poor signing policy window after window. Iirc we actively waited until late on in other transfer windows to see if we could get a gem, it hasn't worked.

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

If we can’t afford McLarens wages I doubt Hibs can

They lost out on Scougal because they only offered him 1500 a week

Scougal is at St Johnstone now. Surely they are not paying him more than Hibs or us?

15 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

There's allot of pant wetting started.

Hopefully those involved got plenty of new  panties in their xmas stockings so they can keep things fresh throughout the entire year, It's only the 6th January. 3 days of  the  year not that were not weekends and/or bank holidays.

In other words-

Image result for be cool

Would you be cool if Hibs win the cup ?

?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Two weeks until our biggest game of the season, we've been short in certain positions for several windows and they've yet to be addressed. 

Nothing to do with panicking or pant wetting, it's been a poor signing policy window after window. Iirc we actively waited until late on in other transfer windows to see if we could get a gem, it hasn't worked.

it's  been 3 working days since the window opened  to address the issues.

Getting all worked up about everything is the very definition of pant wetting, tbh.

FFS at least wait until the middle of next week before shiting it off hibs.

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Even though I've been a big Levein fan he really can't afford to get the signings wrong and we have the very unfortunate situation (thanks to successive Cup draws against the Hobos) where that game will determine the whole midset of the fans for the foreseeable future.  I really hope we have excellent options through our sgnings for the key positions in time for the 21st.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Would you be cool if Hibs win the cup ?

?

I'm always cool.

WTF is it with Hearts fans thinking about and bringing up hibs winning the SC all the  time?

Talking about hibs and reminding us about the cup  win isn't cool.

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Getting all worked up about everything is the very definition of pant wetting, tbh.

I agree. Grown men referring to other grown men as pantwetters and using the term ‘panties’

just ****ing creepy!!!

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

I'm always cool.

WTF is it with Hearts fans thinking about and bringing up hibs winning the SC all the  time?

I can't think why they always mention it to you buddy.

?

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I'm always cool.

Well our next game is in the Scottish cup and as it is against Hibs it’s quite topical trigger.

My stab in the dark for the Swiss-based winger is Thorsten Schick.

- The text suggested the player has an impressive CV - Schick has played for Sturm Graz and is currently at Young Boys.

- He's been a bit-part player at Young Boys this season which would suggest he may be made available.

- The text also suggested he'd cost money. Schick is under contarct, which means he's likely to command a fee, but it only runs until the summer, so the asking price may be more achievable than it would be otherwise.

If the texter was talking about a Swiss winger rather than a Swiss-based winger then this all falls apart, because Schick is Austrian.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jake said:

I can't think why they always mention it to you buddy.

?

aye, but its like having a go at me for  supporting Hearts, voting snp etc. trying to slag someone for  something they have stated themselves- openly.

I'm a dick because I hate rangers more than hibs- I agree. I am not arguing that- It was ****ing me that said it!

Its just not a thought I have on  Hearts transfer thread, some seem to have it at the forefront of their mind 24/7. Strange, some might say they think abut and care about hibs too much, some might, not me......

8 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Are they not allowed to do work behind the scenes before the window opens such as identifying suitable targets, checking availability with agents etc, etc.

It's not as if they don't know what's out there and what we need. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Well our next game is in the Scottish cup and as it is against Hibs it’s quite topical trigger.

I'd rather think of Hearts winning the cup, you went with hibs winning it- fair doos. Lateral thinking of ehh... sorts I suppose.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, wavydavy said:

Are they not allowed to do work behind the scenes before the window opens such as identifying suitable targets, checking availability with agents etc, etc.

It's not as if they don't know what's out there and what we need. 

Aye, none of that's been done.

Craig just met Ann on the 3rd after they both came down from their 3 day bevvy sessions and just realised he would like some players. Seen the transcript. 

Craig- "Jesus, pass me tha water I'm ****ed, I hink we  need some mare staff":olly:

Ann- "Really, ah naw, why dinae ye mention it earlier, ken like":phface:

Criag- " well I dindnea hink  aboot it until now:stantoned:

Ann":awdoone: we nae money and nae time

Craig- dinnae worry , I'll just ***** about and pick  up some  randoms, maybe wee Ian has some tips from the new FM, he's had loads of time to play it and doing really well- heard he even managed to avoid a relegation battle with Hearts!":locke:

Ann- "Phew" thats a plan:fonzie:

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Craig just met Ann on the 3rd after they both came down from their 3 day bevvy sessions and just realised he would like some players. Seen the transcript. 

Craig- "Jesus, pass me tha water I'm ****ed, I hink we  need some mare staff":olly:

Craig- dinnae worry , I'll just ***** about and pick  up some  randoms, maybe wee Ian has some tips from the new FM, he's had loads of time to play it and doing really well- heard he even managed to avoid a relegation battle with Hearts!":locke:

Ok, tell the truth now you write the scripts for "only an excuse" don't you. Your patter is as about as of out date as theirs. :laugh:

Robbo Is God

???? 

pretty sure this is just the "January Transcript" just change the names when it's brought out the drawer!!

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

You are coming across as a right dick now

20 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

My stab in the dark for the Swiss-based winger is Thorsten Schick.

- The text suggested the player has an impressive CV - Schick has played for Sturm Graz and is currently at Young Boys.

- He's been a bit-part player at Young Boys this season which would suggest he may be made available.

- The text also suggested he'd cost money. Schick is under contarct, which means he's likely to command a fee, but it only runs until the summer, so the asking price may be more achievable than it would be otherwise.

If the texter was talking about a Swiss winger rather than a Swiss-based winger then this all falls apart, because Schick is Austrian.

In the schnick of time 

2 hours ago, jambmoz said:

If we can't afford them we can't sign them. 

It's nothing to do with wages it is the players club applying the pressure game so They coerce a club to pay a bigger share of his wages.Hearts will probably Not play that game Losers possibly will.Don't see a problem.

18 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

aye, but its like having a go at me for  supporting Hearts, voting snp etc. trying to slag someone for  something they have stated themselves- openly.

I'm a dick because I hate rangers more than hibs- I agree. I am not arguing that- It was ****ing me that said it!

Its just not a thought I have on  Hearts transfer thread, some seem to have it at the forefront of their mind 24/7. Strange, some might say they think abut and care about hibs too much, some might, not me......

Well if it makes you feel any better I find it really funny but I also think you're a good poster.

I do like the thought of a mob chasing after you and a good old beating for THAT THREAD.

Am joking .

It is funny though and I can't promise I won't bring it up again.

?

The Hibs stories seem to be correct

There are hundreds of players and who knows how any move will work out but if we did want him and did not get him then that could be seen as a blow but not to get him and see him move to your city rivals would certainly be a public failing which could be used to stir up matters at our club..............but of course it's how he plays and of course the finances that will determine the success or failure of the deal

It may well indicate though that Hibs have agreed a deal to sell an important member of their current first team

37 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I totally agree. We should have had the guys we were going for in this week so they could have been on that plane for the training camp to Spain. We have had months to target players and even to target back ups if we hit problems with our initial targets. We will be going into the Derby game not as prepared as we could have been in my opinion 

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

It's nothing to do with wages it is the players club applying the pressure game so They coerce a club to pay a bigger share of his wages.Hearts will probably Not play that game Losers possibly will.Don't see a problem.

Was my thought too

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Well if it makes you feel any better I find it really funny but I also think you're a good poster.

I do like the thought of a mob chasing after you and a good old beating for THAT THREAD.

Am joking .

It is funny though and I can't promise I won't bring it up again.

?

Cheers.

Any, on topic, folk need to chill. Just because  e haven't signed 4 players by now doesn't mean it's  all gone to ****.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Markymark said:

You are coming across as a right dick now

tbf, only a "right dick" would say that.

Yeh I am not worried yet it's clear that work is going on behind the scenes just because the Evening Hobo have said Hibs beat us to Macleren I am not going to be burning Levein effigies. 

Its a a strange signing for me as they already have cover in that position I am hoping that Hibs are wasting all of their cash on this guy. He is not Maradona that is for sure.

in this case there is a difference between not being able to afford him and not wanting to pay what is required. just because he's gone to hibs doesn't mean we couldn't afford him, just that we didn't think he was worth the asking price. if hibs want to throw more money at someone than we think they are worth then fine, that's up to them. especially when it's in positions they seem to have similar players already. just sounds a complete waste of funds.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I think you appear more worked up than anyone else.

Its a forum, voicing an opinion about what we can do or what I think we could do better Isnt pant wetting. You're obsession with the term is strange.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think you appear more worked up than anyone else.

Its a forum, voicing an opinion about what we can do or what I think we could do better Isnt pant wetting. You're obsession with the term is strange.

I'm a happy clapper, we call outsiders pant wetters.

Ying/ Yang.

The balance of the universe must be kept.

Celtic may profit once more by selling Simunovic to Burnley or Crystal Palace for up to £8 million

Rumoured interest in Griffiths too from Swansea for £5 million

The Internet
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Celtic may profit once more by selling Simunovic to Burnley or Crystal Palace for up to £8 million

Rumoured interest in Griffiths too from Swansea for £5 million

What the **** :lol:

12 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not flown with rest of squad and according to the sun his move is now a £2m one......heap of shite.

Sure sevco are paying 2m.

Jim White reporting the deal has now been done for an undisclosed fee. Bet your bottom dollar if the deal was anywhere near £2million pounds then Rangers would be shouting from the roof tops about it. I’d imagine There has been arguements at board level about funding for this transfer. Should’ve been a simple thing but trying to spin the Rangers myth and find dollar obviously much harder than it seems haha. 

...a bit disco
32 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Jim White reporting the deal has now been done for an undisclosed fee. Bet your bottom dollar if the deal was anywhere near £2million pounds then Rangers would be shouting from the roof tops about it. I’d imagine There has been arguements at board level about funding for this transfer. Should’ve been a simple thing but trying to spin the Rangers myth and find dollar obviously much harder than it seems haha. 

DS5ZIyDWkAAAYLo.jpg:large

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

DS5ZIyDWkAAAYLo.jpg:large

the last bot that shows on the story states

It's understood Brighton's legal team wanted to do due diligence and a credit check on Gers being good for the whole fee agreed, including add-ons, before they signed

Archived