The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

He did speak to us but we cooled our interest. He spoke to Hibs who are very keen and offered  more than us.

Slightly alarming if this is the case. That’s 2 players we have been linked with and nothing has came from it. 2 weeks to Hibs game and it looks like we will be weaker than last derby. 

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

If hes got a national flag tattoo that’d be a big plus

:gok:

Elias Henry Furst

Time will tell.

Personally don’t think Hibs could offer an amount more than us that would make a difference to his club allowing him to go out on loan.

12 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Don't know. Wouldn't imagine we'll want another left back on loan, and I would think you're more likely to get Riley permenantly. Learned at Man Utd, still a top academy, could be a great move for him and us.

CL was quoted as saying that he might have to take a loanee left back until the end of the season when he could do something permanently.

1 minute ago, Markymark said:

Slightly alarming if this is the case. That’s 2 players we have been linked with and nothing has came from it. 2 weeks to Hibs game and it looks like we will be weaker than last derby. 

You’re a glass half empty type of guy aren’t you ?

If Levein is letting this one slip by it must means there’s someone bigger and better waiting in the wings 

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ullapool a hotbed of Hearts rumours apparently. ?

keep them coming is it gives us something to ruminate/argue over. ?

I do not bad considering we only just got colour TV's up here last month ?

1 minute ago, Official_AB said:

If Levein is letting this one slip by it must means there’s someone bigger and better waiting in the wings 

Money was the stumbling block I think 

1 minute ago, Official_AB said:

Lets hope so

3 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Wish I had your confidence.

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Think it's the right decision then.No point spending a fortune on wages for a guy that's going to be here a matter of months.

When did football lose its individuality?  

I know players are touted around a lot of clubs but its cringeworthy the way Hibs end up after players we are. Seems that way recently. They certainly seem determined to gazump us. Are they scared?

I want my club to have its own vision and structure as to how it builds its team. Not join the raffle for players 10 other clubs want.  

I know it's sometimes unavoidable in the Bosman age but I hope we always have our own vision and preference of player that will outdo others. 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Think it's the right decision then.No point spending a fortune on wages for a guy that's going to be here a matter of months.

Fair enough, but there will be repercussions and this place will go into meltdown if he is a success at ER and heaven forbid was to score against us to KO us out the cup

LarrysRightFoot

Us, Hibs and Aberdeen all have similar(ish) budgets and will all get offered the same players by agents. 

That is is why when we get linked with someone it’s seems like Hibs for example jump in. It’s nonsense - we get played off/against one another by agents.

10 minutes ago, Mort said:

If we can't afford them we can't sign them. 

Just now, jbee647 said:

Fair enough, but there will be repercussions and this place will go into meltdown if he is a success at ER and heaven forbid was to score against us to KO us out the cup

Yes I know but I would rather beat them to permanent signings than a loan signing.No idea why Hibs need him though to be honest 

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Yes I know but I would rather beat them to permanent signings than a loan signing.No idea why Hibs need him though to be honest 

Ad a quick scan across the road... Theyre taking delight at Crawford escaping us at 15 and deciding if its him or Docherty they are linked with and buying with McGinn money , nothing about MacLaren that I could see. So feck knows... 

All I really care about is we improve where we are at creatively and going forward but with the right players and right monies doing it. If we lose out on a player because another team pay more of his loan wage and stretch their finances further to do so then let them to it. 

Edit: I apologise they have now added a post saying hes in Edinburgh and German press are reporting its them. 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

When did football lose its individuality?  

I know players are touted around a lot of clubs but its cringeworthy the way Hibs end up after players we are. Seems that way recently. They certainly seem determined to gazump us. Are they scared?

I want my club to have its own vision and structure as to how it builds its team. Not join the raffle for players 10 other clubs want.  

I know it's sometimes unavoidable in the Bosman age but I hope we always have our own vision and preference of player that will outdo others. 

What is cringeworthy is the fact that you actually seem to think Neil Lennon is hanging about in his house awaiting his Edinburgh Evening News being delivered so he can catch up on Hearts latest transfer targets and then deciding if he should make his move.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Ad a quick scan across the road... Theyre taking delight at Crawford escaping us at 15 and deciding if its him or Docherty they are linked with and buying with McGinn money , nothing about MacLaren that I could see. So feck knows... 

All I really care about is we improve where we are at creatively and going forward but with the right players and right monies doing it. If we lose out on a player because another team pay more of his loan wage and stretch their finances further to do so then let them to it. 

In agreement with that 

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

To be honest I don’t know anything about how Good or bad the player is, what I am concerned about is we are 2 weeks from a game against our deadliest rivals that will define our season, lose and we are literally fulfilling fixtures till May, and we have no attacking or creative options assuming Walker Lafferty and Goncalves will not be available, either transferred or suspended. 

We need to act soon, if Hibs do gazump us  for McLaren, I wonder if we might go for Cummings as some kind of leveller, stranger things have happened.

We are still after Naismith. Who plays in a similarly roll. Things will start tp move faster on Monday. Want to take them to Spain with us.

43 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You’re a glass half empty type of guy aren’t you ?

Not at all. Airing my views and opinions. Players have had a week off so nothing likely to happen until Monday. 

My concern is the the 2 players we have been linked to would appear to have fallen through based on finances. Only an assumption but the fact that hearts have met with both players and decided to not progress would suggest it’s not quality of player but better offers elsewhere for them. 

Fans need a bit of a lift and see some movement soon. Our last few transfer windows have been nothing short of embarrassing 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

To be honest I don’t know anything about how Good or bad the player is, what I am concerned about is we are 2 weeks from a game against our deadliest rivals that will define our season, lose and we are literally fulfilling fixtures till May, and we have no attacking or creative options assuming Walker Lafferty and Goncalves will not be available, either transferred or suspended. 

We need to act soon, if Hibs do gazump us  for McLaren, I wonder if we might go for Cummings as some kind of leveller, stranger things have happened.

Leveller?

The clubs have better things to do than piss each other off for the banter.

They're professionaly run with various factors in mind, getting one up on each other will be low down on that list.

We do need new players, but I wouldn't piss my pants too much at the thought of what hibs are doing.

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are still after Naismith. Who plays in a similarly roll. Things will start tp move faster on Monday. Want to take them to Spain with us.

i hope things do move quickly next week as the clock is ticking for the cup game.

The Internet

Just imagining Levein hearing the story about MacLaren and storming off to Nottingham in a huff to speak to Cummings.

Will Hibs fans even care if we sign Cummings? He's not that good.

22 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

What is cringeworthy is the fact that you actually seem to think Neil Lennon is hanging about in his house awaiting his Edinburgh Evening News being delivered so he can catch up on Hearts latest transfer targets and then deciding if he should make his move.

Aye, right ye are. :thumbsup:

fabienleclerq

I dunno if it's just me but I feel like we are too slow in the transfer market. I always feel the best signings are done and dusted early and we end up dicking about in the last few days. 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

I dunno if it's just me but I feel like we are too slow in the transfer market. I always feel the best signings are done and dusted early and we end up dicking about in the last few days. 

Been a problem for years for us along with the failure to address our poor midfield 

Other clubs always seem to tie up players early doors as we scamper around for the scraps

The Internet
4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Nope it just feels that way because football fans in general are well impatient. There's been like 3 moves in the whole of the scottish premiership so far this window.

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I agree. CL will surely have his team alerted to the positions he is trying to fill and they should have been scouring the market for suitable affordable targets.

It's not as if it's a sudden requirement. We have known for some time the areas we need to fill and they must know who is available. Loan signings can be a bit less predictable and can come up at the last minute but we do usually seem to be slow at bringing in players.

There is nothing wrong with taking your time to get the right people in but we do seem to lag a bit compared to others.

41 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Exactly a good run in the cup could recoup any heavy wage demands.

21 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

They wanted him more and not just in terms of wages.

He wanted to come to us 

They will want to push home their recent dominance by showing they can capture players on our radar and particularly after the Lafferty snub. Not sure where they are getting the money from but I hope they are seriously stretching themelves if they do beat us to his signature.

43 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Ask Michale Stewart. He did a summary on Sportscene of why Hibs were not scoring too many goals now despite the fact they have Stokes and three other strikers.

Maybe they think this guy is the lynchpin between midfield and attack.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

They will want to push home their recent dominance by showing they can capture players on our radar and particularly after the Lafferty snub. Not sure where they are getting the money from but I hope they are seriously stretching themelves if they do beat us to his signature.

Find it all a wee bit sad from them. They should get their own targets

3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

A lot of Exhausts and Car Batteries sold at this time of year!!! :thumbsup:

Just now, wavydavy said:

Ask Michale Stewart. He did a summary on Sportscene of why Hibs were not scoring too many goals now despite the fact they have Stokes and three other strikers.

Maybe they think this guy is the lynchpin between midfield and attack.

Stewart said that Hibs require a big striker somebody in the box. The boy McLaren sounds similar to what they already have to me so let them crack on.

21 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Leveller?

The clubs have better things to do than piss each other off for the banter.

They're professionaly run with various factors in mind, getting one up on each other will be low down on that list.

We do need new players, but I wouldn't piss my pants too much at the thought of what hibs are doing.

It’s well known Dermott Desmond decided to go after Brendan Rogers after the behaviour of Rangers staff and directors after the semi final in 2016

And you won’t convince me some of the decisions made at ER are fuelled by Rod Petries utter contempt for all things Hearts

Just now, wavydavy said:

A lot of Exhausts and Car Batteries sold at this time of year!!! :thumbsup:

Let's hope they suffer a serious breakdown on the 21st:thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Think Jamie McLaren isn't coming to us now. 

Might be be joining our city rivals though

Oh well. I trust you implicitly as I do our other ones with great track record. Cant always be good news

Just now, Rents said:

Stewart said that Hibs require a big striker somebody in the box. The boy McLaren sounds similar to what they already have to me so let them crack on.

Don't recall him saying that although I wasn't paying a lot of attention. They have a big striker in the Lith guy or is that the one they have told can go if he finds another club?

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Let's hope they suffer a serious breakdown on the 21st:thumbsup:

Catastrophic hopefully where all the wheels fall off.:laugh:

Archived