The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Jamie Murphy to undergo medical at Rangers after £1m fee agreed.

I would test Rangers resolve with a 200k bid for O'hallaran if Murphy signs 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Paid in monthly instalments of £10??

Gene Parmesan

Michael O'Halloran hasn't had a goal or assist since the start of September. In the season previous he managed two assists and no goals against top tier opposition all year. Every available measure proves that he is a *vastly* inferior player to Isma Goncalves.

The fascination with him on here is bizarre. I'd think twice about taking him on a free, let alone paying hard cash for him.

25 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

That's a decent signing for Rangers. Not a world beater but will definitely improve them.

5 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

That's a decent signing for Rangers. Not a world beater but will definitely improve them.

It won't turn them into a challenger for 1st though. They're still making Aberdeen (and Hearts when you look at Berra, Souttar and Lafferty) level signings but are paying way too much money for them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

St Johnstone on compare with us for creativity with O'Halloran. So a no from me.

27 days left in the window, why do I get the sinking feeling we will be sitting here on 31st January seeing what bones Raith Rovers can throw us?

Another crazy gamble by Rangers with Murphy. 59 goals in almost 400 appearances and only 8 goals in 3 years. When you think how little Moult went for, crazy! They are paying huge money in wages and fees for players that Aberdeen and us seem to be able to get to us on a shoestring budget. May is a better finisher than Murphy and Lafferty scores more goals. 

tartofmidlothian
18 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Any relation to former Hearts "legend" Jeremy?

By the look of Wikipedia he has twin sons, but neither called Sean.

8 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

It won't turn them into a challenger for 1st though. They're still making Aberdeen (and Hearts when you look at Berra, Souttar and Lafferty) level signings but are paying way too much money for them.

Absolutely.  I think Rangers first obstacle to overturn is being the clear second best team in the league - which I don't think they are anywhere near being yet.   I do think Murphy is a much better signing for them though - guess time will tell.

On 01/01/2018 at 18:02, Jambof3tornado said:

10 a penny your 20+ a season strikers.....

If I had a penny for every time I'd heard 
"we need a natural goalscorer, the guy who can get 20+ a season, not since wee Robbo"

since 1998, I'd have enough to buy us a 20 goal a season striker

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Absolutely.  I think Rangers first obstacle to overturn is being the clear second best team in the league - which I don't think they are anywhere near being yet.   I do think Murphy is a much better signing for them though - guess time will tell.

They beat Aberdeen twice in 4 days once with a hiding and then with ten men.

I would say they are better than Aberdeen but inconsistent 

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

A million for Murphy!

Anyone remember how much Motherwell got for him?

Undisclosed 6 figure fee.Brighton paid £1.9m for him 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Undisclosed 6 figure fee.Brighton paid £1.9m for him 

If he and Dorrans stay fit they will have a good blend. Walker not needed there any longer if he ever was, and ditto probably the Aberdeen fud they were after.

If they get their defence sorted they will begin to win the games they have been dropping bad points.

Thumb Up Emoji
17 hours ago, nijambo said:

Few guys in the Irish League that would be worth a punt.

Gavin Whyte at Crusaders - pacy winger/ midfielder, Mark Sykes at Glenavon - midfielder and Jamie McGonigle - striker at Coleraine.

Paul Smyth who left Linfield for QPR made his debut and scored on New year's day, so there is decent talent over here.

I'd agree with this. Although, unfortunately, can see Sykes going to a bigger team than us.

Hopefully MacPhee is all over this

Walter Burns

Since Byrne deal is off the table....is there anyone we are even linked with, or is it all just wishful thinking??

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

A million for Murphy!

Anyone remember how much Motherwell got for him?

Does he improve Rangers that much? I'm not sure he does

Italian Lambretta
23 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Since Byrne deal is off the table....is there anyone we are even linked with, or is it all just wishful thinking??

Depends if you mean genuine links or just utter pish posted on KB.

11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Preferably the former. ?

A_A wehatethehibs

Just thought of the perfect LB for Hearts, fits the profile

Danny Fox. Was in Craig Levein's Scotland squads. Decent LB from what I remember? Seems to be out of favour at Forest and out of contract at the end of the season age 31. Might be other English sides in for him tho tbf... Anybody watching Forest / know his status?

Jamie Mackie is another one from CLs Scotland days at QPR who fits the "bit past it for the championship but could still do a job for Hearts" profile... At 32 I could see him being a Craig Beattie type signing for us potentially?

Walter Burns
30 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Was hoping we would be linked with a couple of genuine targets by now....as has been said before tho...this isnt the best window to improve the team n dont want to end up wi similar duds as last year....

20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just thought of the perfect LB for Hearts, fits the profile

Danny Fox. Was in Craig Levein's Scotland squads. Decent LB from what I remember? Seems to be out of favour at Forest and out of contract at the end of the season age 31. Might be other English sides in for him tho tbf... Anybody watching Forest / know his status?

Jamie Mackie is another one from CLs Scotland days at QPR who fits the "bit past it for the championship but could still do a job for Hearts" profile... At 32 I could see him being a Craig Beattie type signing for us potentially?

R.e Fox, he's played at least 60 times since 2014 and has made 23 appearances this season so doubtful I think. He's also English so maybe would prefer to stay down south..

2 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

Was hoping we would be linked with a couple of genuine targets by now....as has been said before tho...this isnt the best window to improve the team n dont want to end up wi similar duds as last year....

Exactly, we need a couple of players who will hit the ground running come the Hibs game. The way things are going it seems like we need to move people on first which is a shame as the Hibs game is win or bust for our season. 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

R.e Fox, he's played at least 60 times since 2014 and has made 23 appearances this season so doubtful I think. He's also English so maybe would prefer to stay down south..

He is a Scotland international and from what I saw he has only made 7 appearances this season most of them in the league cup, we’re probs looking at different sources though, think I was looking at soccerbase? 

Queen of the South have loaned the Rangers Left Back Myles Beerman on Loan for the rest of the season.

he might only be 18/19 but is a full international for Malta, however, we were loosely linked with an interest in the QOTS left back (who’s name escapes me) so are queens replacing him ? Could be something that happen

Gene Parmesan
8 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Queen of the South have loaned the Rangers Left Back Myles Beerman on Loan for the rest of the season.

he might only be 18/19 but is a full international for Malta, however, we were loosely linked with an interest in the QOTS left back (who’s name escapes me) so are queens replacing him ? Could be something that happen

Jordan Marshall? He's injured.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Walter Burns said:

Some of last year's duds have done alright since

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Does he improve Rangers that much? I'm not sure he does

He has been a very good player at Championship level in England but not quite good enough for the Premiership obviously as Brighton are letting him go. 

Will definitely improve Rangers

Walter Burns
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Some of last year's duds have done alright since

Which ones....Tziolis..Avlonitis...Sowah...Martin..Choulay...Bikey...not sure any of them have done much...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tziolis has continued to be a starting player for Greece whilst Struna won a decent gig in the MLS. Avlonitis is at Panathinaikos. 

Not all bad players anything but

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Tziolis has continued to be a starting player for Greece whilst Struna won a decent gig in the MLS. Avlonitis is at Panathinaikos. 

Not all bad players anything but

Right players, wrong manager possibly. We saw during the Romanov years how some players could be anonymous or poor under some of our many managers but flourished under others. Karipedis, Goncalves, Tall, Zali, Barr...

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Right players, wrong manager possibly. We saw during the Romanov years how some players could be anonymous or poor under some of our many managers but flourished under others. Karipedis, Goncalves, Tall, Zali, Barr...

Your spot on here.. cathro made 3 seperate groups of players look mind bogglingly terrible in his short spell in charge.. Tziliolis especially was a top player and would be great in our current team

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your spot on here.. cathro made 3 seperate groups of players look mind bogglingly terrible in his short spell in charge.. Tziliolis especially was a top player and would be great in our current team

Agreed re Tziolis ?

Surely Nadir Ciftci would be worth a punt? Out of favour with Celtic and loan club down south. Was always impressed by him when he played for Dundee Utd at Tynecastle. 

1 minute ago, Five to One said:

Surely Nadir Ciftci would be worth a punt? Out of favour with Celtic and loan club down south. Was always impressed by him when he played for Dundee Utd at Tynecastle. 

I used to feel about Ciftci what I used to feel about Isma.

Both used to be cracking players that have both lost their edge and are now distinctly average IMO.

30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly who we need as holding midfield player. Cochrane playing in front of him  would learn lots. 

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I used to feel about Ciftci what I used to feel about Isma.

Both used to be cracking players that have both lost their edge and are now distinctly average IMO.

Haven't seen Ciftci play for a while tbh. Just going purely on watching him a few seasons back now. Maybe just needs to reboot his career at the right level? Still only 25. 

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

St Johnstone on compare with us for creativity with O'Halloran. So a no from me.

27 days left in the window, why do I get the sinking feeling we will be sitting here on 31st January seeing what bones Raith Rovers can throw us?

Cos your a glass half empty kinda guy. Chill. Craig's got this.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Cos your a glass half empty kinda guy. Chill. Craig's got this.

You don't me then!

Nah, no football, a long wait for the next game and keen to see a quality injection. Perhaps spooked by the thought of Mulraney being an addition.

The Internet

£15m is like a free transfer for them. In the current market Barkley on top form would be going for treble that. 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

You don't me then!

Nah, no football, a long wait for the next game and keen to see a quality injection. Perhaps spooked by the thought of Mulraney being an addition.

I get you but we will try for some and if they ain’t right they won’t be coming. Pretty crucial window and I’d rather they take their time and get 2 or 3 decent additions. Mulraney I dunno but if Levein thinks he can do a job then fair dos. Admittedly his stats don’t give me a chubby on

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

Mulraney wouldnt be the most exciting signing but we need to remember he is only 21 and can only get better 

So is that anothwer way of saying he couldn't get any worse? :laugh:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I get you but we will try for some and if they ain’t right they won’t be coming. Pretty crucial window and I’d rather they take their time and get 2 or 3 decent additions. Mulraney I dunno but if Levein thinks he can do a job then fair dos. Admittedly his stats don’t give me a chubby on

Just a wee bit concerned 3 have gone down the pan already, the Swedish Syrian, McGinn (always unlikely admittedly) and now Byrne. I am just a bit concerned we are not competitive in the market still.

Like you I would rather have less than more if its the right player

Archived